• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:42
CEST 19:42
KST 02:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7964 users

[P]Which Grip type are you? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-20 00:28:30
November 20 2008 00:28 GMT
#21
On November 20 2008 09:26 KizZBG wrote:
lol I thought this thread was gonna be about wanking...

same grip imo lol
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
x89titan
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Philippines1130 Posts
November 20 2008 00:28 GMT
#22
i use the mx518. palm grip ftw. i want a razer deathadder tho.
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul, when at the cross the Savior made me whole
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
November 20 2008 00:30 GMT
#23
On November 20 2008 09:23 CharlieMurphy wrote:
cool, they actually have these. I need one, but I don't wanna pay 20 bucks lol http://www.razerzone.com/p-88-razer-armadillo-mouse-cable-management-system.aspx

What ITS CALLED TAPE YO lol
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 20 2008 00:33 GMT
#24
On November 20 2008 09:30 IzzyCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2008 09:23 CharlieMurphy wrote:
cool, they actually have these. I need one, but I don't wanna pay 20 bucks lol http://www.razerzone.com/p-88-razer-armadillo-mouse-cable-management-system.aspx

What ITS CALLED TAPE YO lol

Doesn't stay and it gums up the desk. I actually drilled a screw in the corner of my desk and I wrapped the cord around it with rubber bands, worked great. (but I broke the screw off on accident)
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
November 20 2008 00:35 GMT
#25
Wow yours seem like a hassle mine is just traped under my desk (I have a desk tray). I just used the same tape i use to tape up balikbayan boxes.
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
November 20 2008 00:37 GMT
#26
I use fingertip. This is quite interesting, haha, I never really thought about such things before, but I guess everyone does use their mice differently.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
November 20 2008 00:39 GMT
#27
[image loading]

CLAWWWWWW
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
November 20 2008 00:40 GMT
#28
They recommend the Lachesis for palm-grip gamers, but it doesn't have the arch support for it. If you use a palm grip, I wouldn't buy a Lachesis like I did. I've been trying to get used to a claw grip by using the mouse at work, but it hasn't been helping since I don't play games or even use the mouse much while working.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Descent
Profile Joined January 2008
1244 Posts
November 20 2008 00:45 GMT
#29
Palm grip. I'm a newb with computer mice. D:
「 Dream & Future 」 ※ 「 STX SouL 」
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
November 20 2008 00:45 GMT
#30
Palm/Claw
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-20 00:56:00
November 20 2008 00:48 GMT
#31
Well I certainly don't bend my fingers as much as their illustration of the claw grip, but maybe that's just to make a point, or my G5 mouse is bigger than the razer mouse they used ;o

Anyway. Claw I guess.

EDIT: Actually when I move around I guess I kinda do bend my fingers a bit ;o
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
November 20 2008 00:50 GMT
#32
After checking my hand a few times while browsing it seems like I use all 3. But when I'm playing bw I use something in-between a claw and palm. I use a krait.
No I'm never serious.
KH1031
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States862 Posts
November 20 2008 00:54 GMT
#33
I don't move my wrist when I use my mouse. But my palm sticks to the back of my mouse because I maxed my mouse sensitivity.

I guess that makes me a claw
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
November 20 2008 01:29 GMT
#34
I use all of the types of grips...Although I think that when i played enough for my hand to feel comfortable on the mouse, I used a palm grip.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
stenole
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Norway869 Posts
November 20 2008 01:31 GMT
#35
Fingertips when playing BW, palm for most other things. Seems like how you hold your mouse will to a large degree depend on what mouse you are using and how big your hand is. I would probably use the claw if I had a tiny mouse.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
November 20 2008 01:41 GMT
#36
I use fingertip because my hand gets too hot on the mouse otherwise
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Oystein
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Norway1602 Posts
November 20 2008 01:44 GMT
#37
Palmgrip
God Hates a Coward
Insane Lane
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States397 Posts
November 20 2008 01:47 GMT
#38
I use fingertip, probably because I have big hands. I just don't feel comfortable doing palm on my mouse(maybe I need a bigger mouse).
ulszz
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Jamaica1787 Posts
November 20 2008 01:49 GMT
#39
On November 20 2008 09:26 KizZBG wrote:
lol I thought this thread was gonna be about wanking...

lol hilarious

anyways i use the fingertip grip.
everliving, everfaithful, eversure
Kau *
Profile Joined March 2007
Canada3502 Posts
November 20 2008 01:50 GMT
#40
I think I'm clawed, although not as arched as their picture. And how do you move the mouse with your forearm? That's so much more work.
Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 241
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 241
BRAT_OK 71
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27028
Mini 457
Hyuk 253
firebathero 183
ggaemo 121
Liquid`Ret 58
Mong 52
Hyun 41
Killer 35
PianO 25
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 16
Bale 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10444
qojqva1688
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1341
crisheroes1239
Liquid`Hasu750
Other Games
Grubby2613
FrodaN2187
fl0m1184
Beastyqt1039
Mlord425
KnowMe155
Livibee152
ArmadaUGS127
Mew2King61
Trikslyr47
ToD37
mouzStarbuck25
CosmosSc2 19
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick981
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 63
• StrangeGG 48
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 14
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7779
Other Games
• imaqtpie467
• Shiphtur292
• WagamamaTV233
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 19m
INu's Battles
18h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.