• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:27
CEST 16:27
KST 23:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8491 users

Gay Scout Resolution - Page 20

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 25 Next All
diophan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1018 Posts
June 12 2012 01:19 GMT
#381
On June 12 2012 10:13 hzflank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2012 10:11 diophan wrote:
On June 12 2012 10:08 hzflank wrote:
On June 12 2012 05:59 Zaqwert wrote:
Private organizations should be allowed to have whatever membership rules they want.

If you don't agree with them, then don't join them or support them. A lot of people don't support the boy scouts anymore because of their membership rules.

That's freedom.


By that logic it would be okay if the boy scouts did not allow black members.


Yes for some people apparently freedom means an organization that receives a bunch of money from the federal government can be as bigoted as possible.


Does it really matter if they receive money from the government?

I could setup my own business and it would be a private organisation (100% owned by me) and not receive any federal funding. I am not completely sure about the law regarding this is various US states, but here in the UK it would be illegal for my business to consider a person's sexuality (or race, etc) when hiring them.


The same applies in the US, but in this situation they're not hiring them as employees. I don't agree that they should be allowed to discriminate against gay people in either case but I was just replying to someone who acted like the government shouldn't stop funding them because they are discriminating.
integrity
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1014 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 01:32:04
June 12 2012 01:27 GMT
#382
On June 07 2012 11:42 SpunXtainz wrote:
I think it is a dangerous step.

Apart from some of the other points raised here, scouts is supposed to be a masculine pasttime, where men prepare themselves for life. Allowing a feminine person to lead them...



hahaha that funny because my mom (single mom) ran our BS group cause all the men either weren't around or was to busy working. or some dads couldnt be arse to organize and run a group of kids. so instead my mom took over for a few years.
diophan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1018 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 01:37:46
June 12 2012 01:37 GMT
#383
On June 12 2012 10:27 integrity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 11:42 SpunXtainz wrote:
I think it is a dangerous step.

Apart from some of the other points raised here, scouts is supposed to be a masculine pasttime, where men prepare themselves for life. Allowing a feminine person to lead them...



hahaha that funny because my mom (single mom) ran our BS group cause all the men either weren't around or was to busy working. or some dads couldnt be arse to organize and run a group of kids. so instead my mom took over for a few years.


I'm glad you quoted that it's hilarious. I guess this guy knows different gay people than I do, since I do no strength training and sit around playing starcraft and some of my gay friends are pretty ripped and masculine.
Sweeper8
Profile Joined February 2011
United States25 Posts
June 12 2012 01:57 GMT
#384
On June 10 2012 04:55 heishe wrote:
How are 25% of all people voting no on this?

Why is anybody voting yes? How can you argue that a private organization should be forced, by the government, to let in members that clearly violate their core beliefs?
Abort Retry Fail
Profile Joined December 2011
2636 Posts
June 12 2012 02:04 GMT
#385
On June 12 2012 10:57 Sweeper8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2012 04:55 heishe wrote:
How are 25% of all people voting no on this?

Why is anybody voting yes? How can you argue that a private organization should be forced, by the government, to let in members that clearly violate their core beliefs?

Because the government is paying for it...?
BSOD
diophan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1018 Posts
June 12 2012 02:05 GMT
#386
On June 12 2012 10:57 Sweeper8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2012 04:55 heishe wrote:
How are 25% of all people voting no on this?

Why is anybody voting yes? How can you argue that a private organization should be forced, by the government, to let in members that clearly violate their core beliefs?


Literacy fail? You obviously didn't read the article of a couple paragraphs or the title of the poll I guess?
Signet
Profile Joined March 2007
United States1718 Posts
June 12 2012 02:06 GMT
#387
On June 12 2012 10:57 Sweeper8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2012 04:55 heishe wrote:
How are 25% of all people voting no on this?

Why is anybody voting yes? How can you argue that a private organization should be forced, by the government, to let in members that clearly violate their core beliefs?

This isn't about the government forcing BSA to allow gay members. The resolution is about BSA themselves deciding whether or not they want to allow gay members.
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
June 12 2012 02:08 GMT
#388
On June 12 2012 10:57 Sweeper8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2012 04:55 heishe wrote:
How are 25% of all people voting no on this?

Why is anybody voting yes? How can you argue that a private organization should be forced, by the government, to let in members that clearly violate their core beliefs?


The poll on the first page says nothing about forcing them to do anything.

"Poll: Should BSA allow Gay Scout leaders and members?" It is a personal opinion poll that reflects a much larger intolerant minority than many expected on TL. Most people in this thread agree that private organizations should be able to set their own standards and if they object at all it is because of the extreme number of "favors" the BSA get from the government (for example: hundreds of military workers and acres of land rented from the military for their jamboree for one dollar).
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
June 12 2012 09:29 GMT
#389
On June 08 2012 22:56 sertas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 22:52 Undrass wrote:
On June 08 2012 22:41 sertas wrote:
On June 08 2012 22:31 Zaros wrote:
On June 08 2012 22:30 sertas wrote:
On June 08 2012 21:43 ErAsc2 wrote:
On June 08 2012 20:31 sertas wrote:
dont think gays should be allowed. Let the gays join the girls instead.

What about black people? Should they be allowed in the boyscouts? Or should they be forced to join the girls?



no that doesnt even make any sense. Let black male people be in BOY scouts obviously. They are people like evreone else.


So you're saying gay males are not boys?



they are boys but they are feminine boys. So let them join girls scouts.


Why. Gay people aren't necessarily more feminine. Thats a stereotype.



so your saying that they arent more feminine then straight people? ok thats why ive never seen straight people wear the stuff that gay people do. Women clothes and speaking in a very feminine voice. My english isnt good enough to explain how it sounds.

In general they are definently more feminine then straight people thats for sure.


No your just an idiot. People where certain clothes and other accessories to make a statement , not because they are feminine . Yes some are but that doesn't encompass all of the gay community . Take your brainwashed predjuiced garbage and get educated.
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
naastyOne
Profile Joined April 2012
491 Posts
June 12 2012 09:38 GMT
#390
On June 07 2012 11:42 micronesia wrote:

And I think the counter-point is that we allow heterosexual female leaders without over-worrying that they will rape the boys, so why not allow homosexual male leaders on the same terms?

In Unated states, women can not rape. You didn`t knew, did you?
Blurry
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland125 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 15:44:51
June 12 2012 15:43 GMT
#391
At first I thought this was a good idea. But after thinking about it more I am a little bit against it, simply because it can make things really awkward.

Lets give the following scenario.

You are in a scout troop and one of the other scouts is gay, and starts to like you. It puts you both in a very awkward situation if he makes it clear, which is what moving away from a don't ask don't tell policy would do.

Now while I think that most gay guys stick to other gay guys and don't try to hit on those who are straight, exceptions do occur and that would remove some of the safety from the boy scouts. What if the guy was really weird, what could you do? You couldn't easily kick him out? Most women can attest to how strange and creepy some guys come off, no matter how unintentional.

I think "don't ask don't tell" would be a better policy, and a separate group should be set up for the support of young gay kids. An outright ban on gay kids would be terrible, but I don't think that it should be allowed to be displayed in the boy scouts, just like in the military.

I realize I take the less popular stance on the internet, and I may come off as a bit of a bigot, but believe me, that is far from the truth. I would simply rather have your sexual preference stay out of the boy scouts entirely.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
June 12 2012 15:50 GMT
#392
On June 13 2012 00:43 Blurry wrote:
At first I thought this was a good idea. But after thinking about it more I am a little bit against it, simply because it can make things really awkward.

Lets give the following scenario.

You are in a scout troop and one of the other scouts is gay, and starts to like you. It puts you both in a very awkward situation if he makes it clear, which is what moving away from a don't ask don't tell policy would do.

Now while I think that most gay guys stick to other gay guys and don't try to hit on those who are straight, exceptions do occur and that would remove some of the safety from the boy scouts. What if the guy was really weird, what could you do? You couldn't easily kick him out? Most women can attest to how strange and creepy some guys come off, no matter how unintentional.

I think "don't ask don't tell" would be a better policy, and a separate group should be set up for the support of young gay kids. An outright ban on gay kids would be terrible, but I don't think that it should be allowed to be displayed in the boy scouts, just like in the military.

I realize I take the less popular stance on the internet, and I may come off as a bit of a bigot, but believe me, that is far from the truth. I would simply rather have your sexual preference stay out of the boy scouts entirely.


You come off as a bigot because you are a bigot. I always think it's funny that straight dudes automatically assume that gay dudes will be attracted to them. Spoiler Alert: Very few gay men are ever attracted to straight men.
#2throwed
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
June 12 2012 15:51 GMT
#393
On June 07 2012 11:36 ThePiedPiper wrote:
As long as no raping occurs, im fine with anything. Second that stuff occurs, kick them out


LoL. This is such a weird standpoint. It's like "yeah I had a female teacher in my school as a child. All of the boys were afraid that they'd be raped, and the parents were very concerned when we were going for a school trip. After a while it was decided that heterosexual female teachers would not be allowed to teach boys, as the risk of rape was too high.."
Such utter bullshit.
I'm not gay myself, but saying that gays = pedophiles is ignorance at its finest.
I don't understand why sexuality has anything to do with scouts.
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
HellRoxYa
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden1614 Posts
June 12 2012 15:53 GMT
#394
On June 13 2012 00:50 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 00:43 Blurry wrote:
At first I thought this was a good idea. But after thinking about it more I am a little bit against it, simply because it can make things really awkward.

Lets give the following scenario.

You are in a scout troop and one of the other scouts is gay, and starts to like you. It puts you both in a very awkward situation if he makes it clear, which is what moving away from a don't ask don't tell policy would do.

Now while I think that most gay guys stick to other gay guys and don't try to hit on those who are straight, exceptions do occur and that would remove some of the safety from the boy scouts. What if the guy was really weird, what could you do? You couldn't easily kick him out? Most women can attest to how strange and creepy some guys come off, no matter how unintentional.

I think "don't ask don't tell" would be a better policy, and a separate group should be set up for the support of young gay kids. An outright ban on gay kids would be terrible, but I don't think that it should be allowed to be displayed in the boy scouts, just like in the military.

I realize I take the less popular stance on the internet, and I may come off as a bit of a bigot, but believe me, that is far from the truth. I would simply rather have your sexual preference stay out of the boy scouts entirely.


You come off as a bigot because you are a bigot. I always think it's funny that straight dudes automatically assume that gay dudes will be attracted to them. Spoiler Alert: Very few gay men are ever attracted to straight men.


That makes no sense at all?
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 15:58:08
June 12 2012 15:55 GMT
#395
On June 13 2012 00:43 Blurry wrote:
At first I thought this was a good idea. But after thinking about it more I am a little bit against it, simply because it can make things really awkward.

Lets give the following scenario.

You are in a scout troop and one of the other scouts is gay, and starts to like you. It puts you both in a very awkward situation if he makes it clear, which is what moving away from a don't ask don't tell policy would do.

Now while I think that most gay guys stick to other gay guys and don't try to hit on those who are straight, exceptions do occur and that would remove some of the safety from the boy scouts. What if the guy was really weird, what could you do? You couldn't easily kick him out? Most women can attest to how strange and creepy some guys come off, no matter how unintentional.

I think "don't ask don't tell" would be a better policy, and a separate group should be set up for the support of young gay kids. An outright ban on gay kids would be terrible, but I don't think that it should be allowed to be displayed in the boy scouts, just like in the military.

I realize I take the less popular stance on the internet, and I may come off as a bit of a bigot, but believe me, that is far from the truth. I would simply rather have your sexual preference stay out of the boy scouts entirely.


What? What if you were attracted to a lesbian? Who the hell cares? Is that really so frightening and scary you have to ban gay kids? Wtf is wrong with you? What an immature response.

Are you that goddamn frightened of being hit on by a gay guy? Jesus you're homophobic.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
June 12 2012 15:55 GMT
#396
On June 13 2012 00:43 Blurry wrote:
At first I thought this was a good idea. But after thinking about it more I am a little bit against it, simply because it can make things really awkward.

Lets give the following scenario.

You are in a scout troop and one of the other scouts is gay, and starts to like you. It puts you both in a very awkward situation if he makes it clear, which is what moving away from a don't ask don't tell policy would do.

Now while I think that most gay guys stick to other gay guys and don't try to hit on those who are straight, exceptions do occur and that would remove some of the safety from the boy scouts. What if the guy was really weird, what could you do? You couldn't easily kick him out? Most women can attest to how strange and creepy some guys come off, no matter how unintentional.

I think "don't ask don't tell" would be a better policy, and a separate group should be set up for the support of young gay kids. An outright ban on gay kids would be terrible, but I don't think that it should be allowed to be displayed in the boy scouts, just like in the military.

I realize I take the less popular stance on the internet, and I may come off as a bit of a bigot, but believe me, that is far from the truth. I would simply rather have your sexual preference stay out of the boy scouts entirely.

I don't know if it would really be any more awkward than being in a scout troop and having there be a member or two that you just don't get along with, or even fight with. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I would rather have to deal with a gay kid liking me than a bully, or group of bullies trying to start stuff with me all the time.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
June 12 2012 16:04 GMT
#397
On June 12 2012 18:38 naastyOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2012 11:42 micronesia wrote:

And I think the counter-point is that we allow heterosexual female leaders without over-worrying that they will rape the boys, so why not allow homosexual male leaders on the same terms?

In Unated states, women can not rape. You didn`t knew, did you?

A woman cannot be charged with statutory rape against a young male?
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Blurry
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland125 Posts
June 12 2012 16:09 GMT
#398
On June 13 2012 00:55 DoubleReed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 00:43 Blurry wrote:
At first I thought this was a good idea. But after thinking about it more I am a little bit against it, simply because it can make things really awkward.

Lets give the following scenario.

You are in a scout troop and one of the other scouts is gay, and starts to like you. It puts you both in a very awkward situation if he makes it clear, which is what moving away from a don't ask don't tell policy would do.

Now while I think that most gay guys stick to other gay guys and don't try to hit on those who are straight, exceptions do occur and that would remove some of the safety from the boy scouts. What if the guy was really weird, what could you do? You couldn't easily kick him out? Most women can attest to how strange and creepy some guys come off, no matter how unintentional.

I think "don't ask don't tell" would be a better policy, and a separate group should be set up for the support of young gay kids. An outright ban on gay kids would be terrible, but I don't think that it should be allowed to be displayed in the boy scouts, just like in the military.

I realize I take the less popular stance on the internet, and I may come off as a bit of a bigot, but believe me, that is far from the truth. I would simply rather have your sexual preference stay out of the boy scouts entirely.


What? What if you were attracted to a lesbian? Who the hell cares? Is that really so frightening and scary you have to ban gay kids? Wtf is wrong with you? What an immature response.


How would that be considered immature? I'm not worried about getting hit on, I'm not worried about my kids getting hit on, it doesn't bother me. But it does change the entire dynamic of a boy scout troop if two of the members start dating, that does make it awkward. Why not just keep it don't ask, don't tell. You're not getting discriminated against, you can still join, just don't discuss your sexuality with your friends in the troop. I'm sorry you can't see my point of view, but I'm not homophobic. I just don't think that BSA is the right direction for the support of those struggling with coming out, or already being gay.

And for the record, I ran into something similar while in a fraternity. Trust me, things got weird really fast. A brother openly expressing feelings over another brother really destroyed some of the bond that we had with each other, not because we were against having gay guys in our fraternity, he made it clear he was gay when he pledged, but because it drifted away from being a group of friends when one of the members started to make passes at the other member. While it may not happen often IT DOES HAPPEN, so why not just keep a policy of non-disclosure.

But of course, from what I've seen on the internet, anyone expresses anything remotely anti-gay they are automatically assholes. This is a discussion board, meet my points with discussion, not with "You're a homophobic prick".
Blurry
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland125 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 16:10:50
June 12 2012 16:10 GMT
#399
On June 13 2012 00:55 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 00:43 Blurry wrote:
At first I thought this was a good idea. But after thinking about it more I am a little bit against it, simply because it can make things really awkward.

Lets give the following scenario.

You are in a scout troop and one of the other scouts is gay, and starts to like you. It puts you both in a very awkward situation if he makes it clear, which is what moving away from a don't ask don't tell policy would do.

Now while I think that most gay guys stick to other gay guys and don't try to hit on those who are straight, exceptions do occur and that would remove some of the safety from the boy scouts. What if the guy was really weird, what could you do? You couldn't easily kick him out? Most women can attest to how strange and creepy some guys come off, no matter how unintentional.

I think "don't ask don't tell" would be a better policy, and a separate group should be set up for the support of young gay kids. An outright ban on gay kids would be terrible, but I don't think that it should be allowed to be displayed in the boy scouts, just like in the military.

I realize I take the less popular stance on the internet, and I may come off as a bit of a bigot, but believe me, that is far from the truth. I would simply rather have your sexual preference stay out of the boy scouts entirely.

I don't know if it would really be any more awkward than being in a scout troop and having there be a member or two that you just don't get along with, or even fight with. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I would rather have to deal with a gay kid liking me than a bully, or group of bullies trying to start stuff with me all the time.


No, the latter situation is obviously worse, but its not like the latter situation is condoned either.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
June 12 2012 16:12 GMT
#400
On June 13 2012 01:09 Blurry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 00:55 DoubleReed wrote:
On June 13 2012 00:43 Blurry wrote:
At first I thought this was a good idea. But after thinking about it more I am a little bit against it, simply because it can make things really awkward.

Lets give the following scenario.

You are in a scout troop and one of the other scouts is gay, and starts to like you. It puts you both in a very awkward situation if he makes it clear, which is what moving away from a don't ask don't tell policy would do.

Now while I think that most gay guys stick to other gay guys and don't try to hit on those who are straight, exceptions do occur and that would remove some of the safety from the boy scouts. What if the guy was really weird, what could you do? You couldn't easily kick him out? Most women can attest to how strange and creepy some guys come off, no matter how unintentional.

I think "don't ask don't tell" would be a better policy, and a separate group should be set up for the support of young gay kids. An outright ban on gay kids would be terrible, but I don't think that it should be allowed to be displayed in the boy scouts, just like in the military.

I realize I take the less popular stance on the internet, and I may come off as a bit of a bigot, but believe me, that is far from the truth. I would simply rather have your sexual preference stay out of the boy scouts entirely.


What? What if you were attracted to a lesbian? Who the hell cares? Is that really so frightening and scary you have to ban gay kids? Wtf is wrong with you? What an immature response.


How would that be considered immature? I'm not worried about getting hit on, I'm not worried about my kids getting hit on, it doesn't bother me. But it does change the entire dynamic of a boy scout troop if two of the members start dating, that does make it awkward. Why not just keep it don't ask, don't tell. You're not getting discriminated against, you can still join, just don't discuss your sexuality with your friends in the troop. I'm sorry you can't see my point of view, but I'm not homophobic. I just don't think that BSA is the right direction for the support of those struggling with coming out, or already being gay.

And for the record, I ran into something similar while in a fraternity. Trust me, things got weird really fast. A brother openly expressing feelings over another brother really destroyed some of the bond that we had with each other, not because we were against having gay guys in our fraternity, he made it clear he was gay when he pledged, but because it drifted away from being a group of friends when one of the members started to make passes at the other member. While it may not happen often IT DOES HAPPEN, so why not just keep a policy of non-disclosure.

But of course, from what I've seen on the internet, anyone expresses anything remotely anti-gay they are automatically assholes. This is a discussion board, meet my points with discussion, not with "You're a homophobic prick".

How about instead of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy (which is a double standard anyway) we just make it against policy for scouts to do the things that you are actually worried about? You don't seem to be worried about an openly gay scout being in the troop; you are worried about a scout conducting certain behavior.

Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1488
WardiTV948
OGKoka 247
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 247
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7924
Bisu 1984
Shuttle 1050
Horang2 705
Larva 512
Stork 465
EffOrt 422
BeSt 392
actioN 264
Mini 250
[ Show more ]
Mind 124
Zeus 95
910 92
Snow 75
Barracks 65
Sea.KH 57
Mong 56
Shinee 52
hero 48
JYJ 45
ToSsGirL 35
Light 35
sorry 32
Bale 29
Killer 28
Shine 24
Sexy 23
Aegong 21
HiyA 18
Yoon 17
zelot 16
soO 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Free 11
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5081
qojqva2439
Dendi1132
febbydoto28
Counter-Strike
fl0m2697
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko465
Other Games
singsing2861
hiko988
B2W.Neo849
Livibee442
TKL 418
XBOCT269
Hui .221
Liquid`VortiX209
XaKoH 187
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 24
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2966
• Jankos2211
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 34m
Replay Cast
8h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.