• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:14
CEST 01:14
KST 08:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8872 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 585

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 583 584 585 586 587 1067 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
February 14 2015 17:30 GMT
#11681
On February 14 2015 01:17 farvacola wrote:
He's not the one being self-righteous. Maybe this isn't a thing in Germany, I couldn't say, but here in the states, and elsewhere in Europe apparently, men who kiss and tell as you do are a dime a dozen and oftentimes pathological liars. That you've confessed to alcoholism elsewhere on this board just adds to the image. So yeah, that posters regularly react to your not so humble brags with distaste shouldn't surprise you.


I bragged once in this thread, last summer, when I was really happy with a girl for several months.

When I tell this thread about my misadventures, if you payed any attention you will notice none of them ended happily, that's pretty much the opposite of bragging.

And 'alcoholism' is taking it a notch or five too far. I haven't had a drink in four months or so and haven't even missed it, easiest thing I ever did.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-14 18:43:34
February 14 2015 18:42 GMT
#11682
On February 15 2015 02:17 SixStrings wrote:

Anyway, cards are on the table, she just left and I feel like a prick for hurting her.


And if you held your cards to your chest, the relationship would have atrophied into nothing worth having. It was a good decision to end it even if she was hurt during the process. Now you must ask yourself why you put yourself in this position in the first place. Introspection is often masturbation, but you have a history of doing this and it's time to figure out why.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
February 14 2015 20:48 GMT
#11683
On February 15 2015 03:42 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2015 02:17 SixStrings wrote:

Anyway, cards are on the table, she just left and I feel like a prick for hurting her.

Introspection is often masturbation, but you have a history of doing this and it's time to figure out why.


There isn't much introspection to be had. I'm horny and alone, that's why I'm fucking around.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-14 21:17:43
February 14 2015 21:16 GMT
#11684
On February 15 2015 05:48 SixStrings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2015 03:42 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On February 15 2015 02:17 SixStrings wrote:

Anyway, cards are on the table, she just left and I feel like a prick for hurting her.

Introspection is often masturbation, but you have a history of doing this and it's time to figure out why.


There isn't much introspection to be had. I'm horny and alone, that's why I'm fucking around.


Then what you just posted would have never happened. But sure...I suppose all those past posts were just coincidences.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
February 14 2015 22:07 GMT
#11685
On February 15 2015 06:16 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2015 05:48 SixStrings wrote:
On February 15 2015 03:42 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On February 15 2015 02:17 SixStrings wrote:

Anyway, cards are on the table, she just left and I feel like a prick for hurting her.

Introspection is often masturbation, but you have a history of doing this and it's time to figure out why.


There isn't much introspection to be had. I'm horny and alone, that's why I'm fucking around.


Then what you just posted would have never happened. But sure...I suppose all those past posts were just coincidences.


I don't follow.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27454 Posts
February 15 2015 01:56 GMT
#11686
On February 14 2015 17:14 LemOn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2015 10:03 Wombat_NI wrote:
Super fucking annoyed lol. My life is generally pretty shitty and I met someone who was a real ray of light in an otherwise barely tolerable existence.

Only issue is she's not an EU citizen and visa issues are rearing their head. There is fuck all I can do which only adds to my annoyance. Worst part is regardless of my feelings for her she's driven as fuck and just wants to work, she's very competent at a variety of things and she's essentially having to go to 'study' English just to stay in the country on a student visa.

It's proving a fucking strain atm, I wouldn't care particularly if it was some casual thing but she's one of the loveliest people I've ever met, is good with my son, plays games with me and likes the same films, plus is really hot.

Anyone know any good visa workarounds? :p


Well Marriage is one solution? Not sure how long are you together tho.
Btw is she like way more driven than you are? That could cause some issues down the line no?

And going to the gym and becoming more focused on a career for the sake of the girl not because you actually want to from within is hardly a good plan I believe

The problem with me was fatherhood and my ex fucking me over at every potential opening. I bust my ass to try to keep things working, had access withdrawn and had other issues in that sense.

The issue isn't with my current partner so much as dealing with my ex and her shit. I've been working 6/7 days and minding my son the other so it's difficult to fit in time for the gym and the likes
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27454 Posts
February 15 2015 01:59 GMT
#11687
Also apart from her stubbornness about such things, even if I married her it genuinely woudn't necessarily guarantee her ability to stay in the country.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
lohdon
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
170 Posts
February 15 2015 17:09 GMT
#11688
@Sixstrings:
I'm not judging you but honestly I don't really understand how you can put yourself in a position like that. You are right nobody can do the right thing 100% of the time but how can you end up in a relationship like that. I understand that it's hard to know when to quit when you been with someone for a long amount of time but if you realize that you are not really into someone right after a couple of weeks or days how can you keep on going?

I'm also asking this because i suspect my inability to understand your behavior is also part of the problem why I am seemingly unable to open up emotionally aside from the fact that I'm still hung up on one girl anyway.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-15 22:15:02
February 15 2015 22:07 GMT
#11689
On February 15 2015 07:07 SixStrings wrote:
I don't follow.


When something happens once, it can be chalked up to an exception. When it is a pattern (and you admit this at the top of the page), then circumstances alone don't account for it.

"Horny and alone" is your rationalization for fucking around. The first one is eyerollingly obvious; unless you are an addict or emotionally broken, sex drive is going to be the prevailing reason. Alone, well...why is that? Never mind questions about friends and family, why is your life a revolving door for these women? They met you, get to know a little about you, and are promptly booted back into the cold. If they didn't fit your criteria for a romantic relationship, why pick them in the first place? Why engage in behavior that has been proven to leave you discontent and miserable?

It's worth thinking over.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-15 23:16:03
February 15 2015 23:12 GMT
#11690
On February 15 2015 02:17 SixStrings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2015 07:05 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On February 14 2015 00:45 SixStrings wrote:
I've been seeing the same girl since ... must be December and I'm eternally grateful that Valentine's isn't a thing here. She's staying the weekend and I'd hate to have any obligation of doing stuff or giving her insincere gifts...

To be honest, I thought of breaking it off a couple of times, but she's just the kind of person you don't want to hurt.


Have you considered that you may be hurting her every day you refuse to clarify where she stands with you? It's very hard for me to believe that you have her best interests in mind when your definition of 'right action' is equivalent to inaction. Not to mention, you are insulting her every time you imply she is too fragile to endure and learn from sadness. She is a person existentially separate from you, not an actress in your personal narrative in need of coddling or rescuing.



Of course I have considered that and of course Ghostcom was right in attacking me. I was acting like a craven and I was doing her no good, but he hit a sore-spot and I resent people who pretend to be able to do the right thing 100 per cent of the time.

Anyway, cards are on the table, she just left and I feel like a prick for hurting her.



I'm honestly impressed by you. It isn't easy to come clean, but we owe it to those we care about (and you obviously cared about her). Good job, you did the right thing.

EDIT: Calling lifelong marriages for the worst lies is probably the biggest bullshit I have yet to see Cosmic write. I'm sorry you have such a bleak outlook on the union of two people who care for each other, but honestly it says more about you than about marriage. Perhaps it was time for some of that self-reflection you so happily recommend others?
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
February 15 2015 23:41 GMT
#11691
i dont know if cosmic is a shrink or he just thinks he knows a lot about the human mind, but a lot of the stuff he says makes it seem like humans are robots. according to him we pretty much all act in a finite number of ways and there is logic that justifies every action we take.
Yoz
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia357 Posts
February 16 2015 00:26 GMT
#11692
On February 16 2015 08:41 evilfatsh1t wrote:
i dont know if cosmic is a shrink or he just thinks he knows a lot about the human mind, but a lot of the stuff he says makes it seem like humans are robots. according to him we pretty much all act in a finite number of ways and there is logic that justifies every action we take.


I kinda believe that every human action (save for those with mental illnesses) is deliberate and justified from the person's perspective at some level. It might not even be obvious to the person making the decision or taking the action but I don't think humans do things randomly or 'just because' - there is usually some underlying motivation.

I suppose you could view humans as being really inefficient and inaccurate robots though =P
Yoz
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia357 Posts
February 16 2015 00:32 GMT
#11693
On February 16 2015 07:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:If they didn't fit your criteria for a romantic relationship, why pick them in the first place? Why engage in behavior that has been proven to leave you discontent and miserable?

It's worth thinking over.


Hmm. My view is both similar and different. I'd take the other approach.

If you want a romantic relationship and you are still engaging girls that don't fit your criteria for a romantic relationship then:
a) You're creating your own problems and wasting your own time; so
b) Stop complaining about it.

If the need to have sex is greater than your want for a fulfilling relationship then at least accept that you want sex more than a relationship and stop complaining?

Otherwise identify that the current approach is not working and start making changes. However, unless you're making changes then complaining is pointless and kinda frustrating to listen to.

Also, if you're choosing people for sexual purposes, perhaps get less emotionally attached because it's probably going to end at some point or another.
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
February 16 2015 00:55 GMT
#11694
On February 16 2015 09:26 Yoz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2015 08:41 evilfatsh1t wrote:
i dont know if cosmic is a shrink or he just thinks he knows a lot about the human mind, but a lot of the stuff he says makes it seem like humans are robots. according to him we pretty much all act in a finite number of ways and there is logic that justifies every action we take.


I kinda believe that every human action (save for those with mental illnesses) is deliberate and justified from the person's perspective at some level. It might not even be obvious to the person making the decision or taking the action but I don't think humans do things randomly or 'just because' - there is usually some underlying motivation.

I suppose you could view humans as being really inefficient and inaccurate robots though =P

yeah normally all our actions may have logic behind it, but when it comes to emotions logic doesnt apply. i think its pretty well accepted that emotions cause humans to do and react in manners that just logically dont make sense. i dont mean to be sexist here, but women are a perfect example of people who think irrationally and stuff because their emotions get the better of them. also, its probably why love is such a common theme in books, movies etc. The strongest emotion felt by humans makes people act on instinct rather than logic. you can try and justify someones actions when they arent emotionally affected by something, but the moment emotions are involved rational thinking can easily go out the window. this is why i dont agree with so many things cosmic says. this is the dating thread, the people who visit this thread are emotionally high already and trying to analyse and breakdown every action and thought into a logical manner just doesnt work.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
February 16 2015 01:22 GMT
#11695
On February 16 2015 07:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2015 07:07 SixStrings wrote:
I don't follow.


If they didn't fit your criteria for a romantic relationship, why pick them in the first place?


Well, that might be the most obvious thing in the world: because I can't possibly know beforehand. It takes more than one date to get to know a girl but it rarely takes more than one date to sleep with someone.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
February 16 2015 01:28 GMT
#11696
On February 16 2015 08:12 Ghostcom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2015 02:17 SixStrings wrote:
On February 14 2015 07:05 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On February 14 2015 00:45 SixStrings wrote:
I've been seeing the same girl since ... must be December and I'm eternally grateful that Valentine's isn't a thing here. She's staying the weekend and I'd hate to have any obligation of doing stuff or giving her insincere gifts...

To be honest, I thought of breaking it off a couple of times, but she's just the kind of person you don't want to hurt.


Have you considered that you may be hurting her every day you refuse to clarify where she stands with you? It's very hard for me to believe that you have her best interests in mind when your definition of 'right action' is equivalent to inaction. Not to mention, you are insulting her every time you imply she is too fragile to endure and learn from sadness. She is a person existentially separate from you, not an actress in your personal narrative in need of coddling or rescuing.



Of course I have considered that and of course Ghostcom was right in attacking me. I was acting like a craven and I was doing her no good, but he hit a sore-spot and I resent people who pretend to be able to do the right thing 100 per cent of the time.

Anyway, cards are on the table, she just left and I feel like a prick for hurting her.



I'm honestly impressed by you. It isn't easy to come clean, but we owe it to those we care about (and you obviously cared about her). Good job, you did the right thing.

EDIT: Calling lifelong marriages for the worst lies is probably the biggest bullshit I have yet to see Cosmic write. I'm sorry you have such a bleak outlook on the union of two people who care for each other, but honestly it says more about you than about marriage. Perhaps it was time for some of that self-reflection you so happily recommend others?


Marriage can be a disaster if you choose poorly, which most people do.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
February 16 2015 01:31 GMT
#11697
On February 16 2015 10:22 SixStrings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2015 07:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On February 15 2015 07:07 SixStrings wrote:
I don't follow.


If they didn't fit your criteria for a romantic relationship, why pick them in the first place?


Well, that might be the most obvious thing in the world: because I can't possibly know beforehand. It takes more than one date to get to know a girl but it rarely takes more than one date to sleep with someone.



Seems like dating girls that consistently sleep with you (and possibly several other guys [like you are with women]) on the first date might have something to do with it. Perhaps you should spend more time trying to get to know them and less time trying to sleep with them?

Or admit your interest in sleeping with them quickly is impeding your ability to be interested in the ones left to choose from as a result.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
February 16 2015 01:41 GMT
#11698
On February 16 2015 08:12 Ghostcom wrote:
EDIT: Calling lifelong marriages for the worst lies is probably the biggest bullshit I have yet to see Cosmic write. I'm sorry you have such a bleak outlook on the union of two people who care for each other, but honestly it says more about you than about marriage. Perhaps it was time for some of that self-reflection you so happily recommend others?


This may be a big surprise to you, but a lot of couples willingly suffer through terrible marriages for reasons that are perfectly sensible to them. It can be a matter of sunk costs, prioritizing the children over personal feelings, hope that things will simply change without risk, fear over losing their lifestyle, apathy, hatred, etc. These are exacerbated because the relationship is so binding in the first place.

There are plenty of happy marriages between well balanced people too. xDaunt was simply being naive in assuming that marriages are the end-all, be-all of relationships. If that was the case, why does couples therapy exist?

On February 16 2015 08:41 evilfatsh1t wrote:
i dont know if cosmic is a shrink or he just thinks he knows a lot about the human mind, but a lot of the stuff he says makes it seem like humans are robots. according to him we pretty much all act in a finite number of ways and there is logic that justifies every action we take.


If human beings are robots, we're centuries away from knowing how to manipulate ourselves like them. But we are predictable to a large extent.

Unless one believes decisions are generated causa sui from the mind (and no scientific branch has taken that seriously for decades), then we are condemned in act "in a finite number of ways and there is logic that justifies every action we take". And thank god for that. I'd hate to discover that neuroscience and psychology have been running snake oil scams all this time.

On February 16 2015 09:55 evilfatsh1t wrote:
yeah normally all our actions may have logic behind it, but when it comes to emotions logic doesnt apply. i think its pretty well accepted that emotions cause humans to do and react in manners that just logically dont make sense. i dont mean to be sexist here, but women are a perfect example of people who think irrationally and stuff because their emotions get the better of them. also, its probably why love is such a common theme in books, movies etc. The strongest emotion felt by humans makes people act on instinct rather than logic. you can try and justify someones actions when they arent emotionally affected by something, but the moment emotions are involved rational thinking can easily go out the window. this is why i dont agree with so many things cosmic says. this is the dating thread, the people who visit this thread are emotionally high already and trying to analyse and breakdown every action and thought into a logical manner just doesnt work.


Men are befuddled when women act "irrationally". Women understand each other when they act "irrationally". Do women possess some magical maternal insight into the void that allows them to do this?

Emotions and logic are not contradictory. Logic in itself can't help someone lead a better life without assumptions that lie outside of it. Benatar's antinatalism is perfectly logical and yet only a few people take it seriously.

Then what is the point of this thread? Self-congratulatory pats on the back? A sanctuary for people grieving over broken relationships? There are always reasons behind motivations and patterns of behavior. Mere sympathy won't help them recognize what it is and change for the better. Introspection isn't a guarantee of change, but it's better than pretending that everything will be better next time. And it's the only thing you can ask with so little information.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 16 2015 01:56 GMT
#11699
On February 16 2015 10:31 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2015 10:22 SixStrings wrote:
On February 16 2015 07:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On February 15 2015 07:07 SixStrings wrote:
I don't follow.


If they didn't fit your criteria for a romantic relationship, why pick them in the first place?


Well, that might be the most obvious thing in the world: because I can't possibly know beforehand. It takes more than one date to get to know a girl but it rarely takes more than one date to sleep with someone.



Seems like dating girls that consistently sleep with you (and possibly several other guys [like you are with women]) on the first date might have something to do with it. Perhaps you should spend more time trying to get to know them and less time trying to sleep with them?

Or admit your interest in sleeping with them quickly is impeding your ability to be interested in the ones left to choose from as a result.


Your logic makes no sense, you are telling him the problem is dating girls willing to sleep with man quickly and then telling him to get to know them first and then try to have sex them, which will only result in delaying sex with easy girls anyway.

I think you should try to sleep with all potential girls and that "good girls" will simply not put out early.

What I think is worth changing is WHERE you meet girls.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-16 02:17:43
February 16 2015 02:16 GMT
#11700
On February 16 2015 10:56 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2015 10:31 GreenHorizons wrote:
On February 16 2015 10:22 SixStrings wrote:
On February 16 2015 07:07 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On February 15 2015 07:07 SixStrings wrote:
I don't follow.


If they didn't fit your criteria for a romantic relationship, why pick them in the first place?


Well, that might be the most obvious thing in the world: because I can't possibly know beforehand. It takes more than one date to get to know a girl but it rarely takes more than one date to sleep with someone.



Seems like dating girls that consistently sleep with you (and possibly several other guys [like you are with women]) on the first date might have something to do with it. Perhaps you should spend more time trying to get to know them and less time trying to sleep with them?

Or admit your interest in sleeping with them quickly is impeding your ability to be interested in the ones left to choose from as a result.


Your logic makes no sense, you are telling him the problem is dating girls willing to sleep with man quickly and then telling him to get to know them first and then try to have sex them, which will only result in delaying sex with easy girls anyway.

I think you should try to sleep with all potential girls and that "good girls" will simply not put out early.

What I think is worth changing is WHERE you meet girls.


Me thinks them not putting out quickly (or displaying signs they would), dramatically reduces his interest in putting effort into getting to know them, though I could be totally wrong on that.

I'm suggesting what he may find interesting in the women he chooses to date is the prospect of sleeping with them. Once that's been explored his interest logically fades. If he did the dating part first (without the focus on the immediate gratification at the end of the night) within a date or two the same disinterest would surface and the intentions of just wanting to sleep with her for the fun of it would be more readily apparent.

It's not a coincidence if women are consistently sleeping with you on a first date. It shows that you are good at eliminating the girls that won't from your potential dates, and displays an intention (perhaps subliminal) of prioritizing women who will sleep with you over women who genuinely intrigue you in a substantial way (beyond being sexually desirable).

I agree the location where you meet the woman probably has something to do with it too.

I think the point being that one problem is very likely in his first phases of selection/elimination of who's "dateable"
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Prev 1 583 584 585 586 587 1067 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft358
Nina 153
ViBE117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14396
firebathero 113
Hyuk 59
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto88
League of Legends
Doublelift4041
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5046
Other Games
summit1g8978
FrodaN2240
mouzStarbuck426
JimRising 409
KnowMe233
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1182
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• musti20045 26
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur213
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 47m
INu's Battles
12h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 47m
Replay Cast
23h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.