• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:26
CEST 12:26
KST 19:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12139 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 583

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 581 582 583 584 585 1067 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
TyrionSC2
Profile Joined November 2010
United States411 Posts
February 08 2015 18:33 GMT
#11641
Honestly the cornerstone to a good healthy relationship is communication.
waffelz
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Germany711 Posts
February 08 2015 18:52 GMT
#11642
On February 09 2015 03:33 TyrionSC2 wrote:
Honestly the cornerstone to a good healthy relationship is communication.

That and not listening to this
Technically you have done nothing wrong. Your focus is simply misguided and antithetical to building a good relationship.

as long as I understod it correctly.
RIP "The big travis CS degree thread", taken from us too soon | Honourable forum princess, defended by Rebs-approved white knights
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 08 2015 19:14 GMT
#11643
On February 09 2015 03:09 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 02:52 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 08 2015 05:43 farvacola wrote:
There is no essentially right way to pursue a woman, so I wouldn't sweat it Dalguno.


There is no essentially right way to get big and strong, how abusurd does that sound? While there aren't 1 size fit it all solutions, there are general principles that are true close to 100% percent of the time.

Same with woman.

Women are not gains, brah, and pretending otherwise will only get you in good with women of a particular kind.


I'm just saying there are good and right ways to pursue each woman, and many that are pretty much always right (acting confident, going after what you want) and others that are always wrong (being boring, blatantly violent, creepy)
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
February 08 2015 19:28 GMT
#11644
On February 09 2015 03:09 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 02:52 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 08 2015 05:43 farvacola wrote:
There is no essentially right way to pursue a woman, so I wouldn't sweat it Dalguno.


There is no essentially right way to get big and strong, how abusurd does that sound? While there aren't 1 size fit it all solutions, there are general principles that are true close to 100% percent of the time.

Same with woman.

Women are not gains, brah, and pretending otherwise will only get you in good with women of a particular kind.


But how do you know what kind of woman each woman is before you actually get to know her? By the time you get to know her you will be friendzoned if you haven't made your move yet!
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
February 08 2015 21:14 GMT
#11645
On February 09 2015 04:14 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 03:09 farvacola wrote:
On February 09 2015 02:52 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 08 2015 05:43 farvacola wrote:
There is no essentially right way to pursue a woman, so I wouldn't sweat it Dalguno.


There is no essentially right way to get big and strong, how abusurd does that sound? While there aren't 1 size fit it all solutions, there are general principles that are true close to 100% percent of the time.

Same with woman.

Women are not gains, brah, and pretending otherwise will only get you in good with women of a particular kind.


I'm just saying there are good and right ways to pursue each woman, and many that are pretty much always right (acting confident, going after what you want) and others that are always wrong (being boring, blatantly violent, creepy)


Fine, but not kissing on the first date is not in the latter category. There is absolutely no need to kiss on the first date if you're not feeling it. Dalguno seems like a levelheaded guy who knew what he was up to. If he says that kissing was not in the cards that night, then why not just take his word for it, rather than calling him misguided?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 08 2015 21:49 GMT
#11646
On February 09 2015 06:14 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 04:14 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 09 2015 03:09 farvacola wrote:
On February 09 2015 02:52 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 08 2015 05:43 farvacola wrote:
There is no essentially right way to pursue a woman, so I wouldn't sweat it Dalguno.


There is no essentially right way to get big and strong, how abusurd does that sound? While there aren't 1 size fit it all solutions, there are general principles that are true close to 100% percent of the time.

Same with woman.

Women are not gains, brah, and pretending otherwise will only get you in good with women of a particular kind.


I'm just saying there are good and right ways to pursue each woman, and many that are pretty much always right (acting confident, going after what you want) and others that are always wrong (being boring, blatantly violent, creepy)


Fine, but not kissing on the first date is not in the latter category. There is absolutely no need to kiss on the first date if you're not feeling it. Dalguno seems like a levelheaded guy who knew what he was up to. If he says that kissing was not in the cards that night, then why not just take his word for it, rather than calling him misguided?


Misguided is a bit of an overstatement regarding that, what I mostly wanted to point out was that you don't get to know a woman by interviewing them on a date. You start a relationship and see how they act, not talk.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
February 08 2015 22:22 GMT
#11647
On February 09 2015 03:52 waffelz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 03:33 TyrionSC2 wrote:
Honestly the cornerstone to a good healthy relationship is communication.

That and not listening to this
Show nested quote +
Technically you have done nothing wrong. Your focus is simply misguided and antithetical to building a good relationship.

as long as I understod it correctly.


Then you understood it incorrectly.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Mikau
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands1446 Posts
February 08 2015 23:04 GMT
#11648
Or just maybe you're not correct on this one. Not saying you are or aren't, but stop pretending your word is gospel please, it only serves to stop any potential discussion.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
February 08 2015 23:28 GMT
#11649
On February 09 2015 06:49 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 06:14 Acrofales wrote:
On February 09 2015 04:14 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 09 2015 03:09 farvacola wrote:
On February 09 2015 02:52 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 08 2015 05:43 farvacola wrote:
There is no essentially right way to pursue a woman, so I wouldn't sweat it Dalguno.


There is no essentially right way to get big and strong, how abusurd does that sound? While there aren't 1 size fit it all solutions, there are general principles that are true close to 100% percent of the time.

Same with woman.

Women are not gains, brah, and pretending otherwise will only get you in good with women of a particular kind.


I'm just saying there are good and right ways to pursue each woman, and many that are pretty much always right (acting confident, going after what you want) and others that are always wrong (being boring, blatantly violent, creepy)


Fine, but not kissing on the first date is not in the latter category. There is absolutely no need to kiss on the first date if you're not feeling it. Dalguno seems like a levelheaded guy who knew what he was up to. If he says that kissing was not in the cards that night, then why not just take his word for it, rather than calling him misguided?


Misguided is a bit of an overstatement regarding that, what I mostly wanted to point out was that you don't get to know a woman by interviewing them on a date. You start a relationship and see how they act, not talk.


Yeah, sorry, it was CosmicSpiral who called the guy misguided, not you. Still, stop defending his points if you don't agree with his text
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-09 01:40:42
February 09 2015 01:39 GMT
#11650
I went on a date with a girl, and it was great to start with.

Now there are a lot of pros and cons about her. I'll be honest, I have cons too. I think overall though, I really like her.

But the thing is she's black. And I'm Asian. So my parents don't like her at all. How has anyone else here dealt with this?
How do you get your parents to accept it? Did they eventually accept it?
It really bothers her so I'm not sure what I should tell her. I figured I'd bring it up with her asap.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 09 2015 02:03 GMT
#11651
On February 09 2015 10:39 obesechicken13 wrote:
I went on a date with a girl, and it was great to start with.

Now there are a lot of pros and cons about her. I'll be honest, I have cons too. I think overall though, I really like her.

But the thing is she's black. And I'm Asian. So my parents don't like her at all. How has anyone else here dealt with this?
How do you get your parents to accept it? Did they eventually accept it?
It really bothers her so I'm not sure what I should tell her. I figured I'd bring it up with her asap.


You should care about what you think it's right or wrong, and assuming your are not racist, you should not give a fuck if it bothers your parents.

Just tell her your parents are old fashioned but that you don't care and she has to accept that, don't let her give you shit for it neither. Eventually people spend some time together and leave such pettty differences behind.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
February 09 2015 02:04 GMT
#11652
On February 09 2015 10:39 obesechicken13 wrote:
I went on a date with a girl, and it was great to start with.

Now there are a lot of pros and cons about her. I'll be honest, I have cons too. I think overall though, I really like her.

But the thing is she's black. And I'm Asian. So my parents don't like her at all. How has anyone else here dealt with this?
How do you get your parents to accept it? Did they eventually accept it?
It really bothers her so I'm not sure what I should tell her. I figured I'd bring it up with her asap.


I guess your age would impact your parents opinion would have. Also you would probably be the best gague. I guess a good starting question is do you think your parents would (if they didn't ever accept it) be hardcore rude like set up dates for you at family dinners when she is invited, moderately rude and just be cold and disapproving, or be polite'ish and be civil and friendly (at least on face)? Or is your first impression that if you stayed with her despite their objections they would basically kick you out of the family.

Where they fall on that scale and your age would be important to consider before speculating on what they would do from an outside perspective.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
February 10 2015 16:41 GMT
#11653
On February 09 2015 10:39 obesechicken13 wrote:
I went on a date with a girl, and it was great to start with.

Now there are a lot of pros and cons about her. I'll be honest, I have cons too. I think overall though, I really like her.

But the thing is she's black. And I'm Asian. So my parents don't like her at all. How has anyone else here dealt with this?
How do you get your parents to accept it? Did they eventually accept it?
It really bothers her so I'm not sure what I should tell her. I figured I'd bring it up with her asap.


Does she make you happy? If she makes you happy then it shouldn't matter what your parents think and its just gonna have to be something they have to learn to live with and accept.

Some parents learn to accept it and some parents don't. If your going to keep seeing this girl then your gonna have to sit your parents down and tell them whats up, in a polite manner of course
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
February 10 2015 18:50 GMT
#11654
On February 09 2015 11:03 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 10:39 obesechicken13 wrote:
I went on a date with a girl, and it was great to start with.

Now there are a lot of pros and cons about her. I'll be honest, I have cons too. I think overall though, I really like her.

But the thing is she's black. And I'm Asian. So my parents don't like her at all. How has anyone else here dealt with this?
How do you get your parents to accept it? Did they eventually accept it?
It really bothers her so I'm not sure what I should tell her. I figured I'd bring it up with her asap.


You should care about what you think it's right or wrong, and assuming your are not racist, you should not give a fuck if it bothers your parents.

Just tell her your parents are old fashioned but that you don't care and she has to accept that, don't let her give you shit for it neither. Eventually people spend some time together and leave such pettty differences behind.

Don't forget that him being Asian means that there is a good chance he grew up with very different standards than other European / American peeps. I've see how important the family's opinion when it comes to a girl/boy friend can be in some Asian cultures.

Look chicken, I think I can safely say that most Caucasian westerners would tell their parents to stick it if they were trying to tell them they can't date the person they love for reason X. But that might be a completely different culture from yours. I think you have all the right in the world to ignore your parents and date this girl anyhow, but I don't know what you have to sacrifice to do that so I'm not going to tell you you should. All I can say is that in my opinion true love is something unique and should be cherished at all costs. But in the end the choice is yours.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-18 03:30:18
February 10 2015 19:33 GMT
#11655
I'm gonna set up a second date. I'll try to talk about my parent's views some more now that I've called them again.

Then I'll see what advice a few of my friends had with similar situations.

We're not too invested yet in each other, so I think if race or anything else is a blocker I should try to be honest about it, with myself and her, so we can evaluate if we want to work through it.

Thanks guys.

edit: It doesn't seem like it's worth working through. It's over.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Calanthe
Profile Joined October 2012
United States148 Posts
February 11 2015 20:10 GMT
#11656
Hang on a second. You said you called your parents - do you not live with them?
my heart's the bitter buffalo
Calanthe
Profile Joined October 2012
United States148 Posts
February 11 2015 20:18 GMT
#11657
On February 07 2015 04:40 B.I.G. wrote:
Another relationship bites the dust... That makes 5 relationships that met their demise in under 9 months. I suck at this lol.


I hate catching up on threads. I haven't found anything about how old you are - if you're under 18, don't sweat it. Everyone's minds change constantly and nobody knows what their feels are. That's fine. Totally normal. Teenagerdom is a little insane. No worries. Now, if you're 25+, maybe you need to but the brakes on trying to date and consider amending your definition of "dating," placing less importance on "dating" (can't you just be casually "seeing someone?") or, if you're feeling really ambitious, doing some self-reflection on why these relationships are flopping.
my heart's the bitter buffalo
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
February 11 2015 21:44 GMT
#11658
I'm 28. Me taking datimg too serious does not seem like the problem. Although I would like to marry and settle down at some point I don't feel like I NEED someone in my life right now to 'complete' me. Its's mostly that I'm done with empty flings and one night stands. I agree with your and cosmicspiral's train of thought that a bit of self reflection might do me good, so here is a small start.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-12 01:12:08
February 12 2015 01:11 GMT
#11659
On February 12 2015 06:44 B.I.G. wrote:
I'm 28. Me taking datimg too serious does not seem like the problem. Although I would like to marry and settle down at some point I don't feel like I NEED someone in my life right now to 'complete' me. Its's mostly that I'm done with empty flings and one night stands. I agree with your and cosmicspiral's train of thought that a bit of self reflection might do me good, so here is a small start.


I don't think that's necessary wrong. If you stay in shape and have a good job you are still going upwards and can settle later
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
February 13 2015 15:45 GMT
#11660
I've been seeing the same girl since ... must be December and I'm eternally grateful that Valentine's isn't a thing here. She's staying the weekend and I'd hate to have any obligation of doing stuff or giving her insincere gifts...

To be honest, I thought of breaking it off a couple of times, but she's just the kind of person you don't want to hurt.
Prev 1 581 582 583 584 585 1067 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings96
CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 9485
FanTaSy 1230
Hyuk 747
Horang2 590
BeSt 466
Stork 202
Pusan 181
Zeus 97
sorry 95
Killer 94
[ Show more ]
Mind 88
Last 75
Shinee 70
Hyun 67
ggaemo 44
PianO 42
Snow 36
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 29
Hm[arnc] 28
JYJ 23
Sacsri 14
Aegong 7
EffOrt 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe138
Counter-Strike
byalli1147
fl0m250
x6flipin120
Other Games
gofns35622
singsing2327
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Lourlo1179
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 34m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 34m
Replay Cast
12h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.