• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:24
CEST 07:24
KST 14:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8296 users

[M] The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Page 76

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 102 Next
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
July 27 2012 03:33 GMT
#1501
An amazing super trailer for an amazing trilogy.

OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
July 27 2012 03:35 GMT
#1502
On July 27 2012 11:06 Chriscras wrote:
I just watched Batman Begins again but I was hoping it would be okay to ask the thread a question about something I found really distracting in the final scene:

[image loading]

Is it just me or is Katie Holmes not wearing a bra with that shirt?


hahaha excellent find
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
July 27 2012 03:43 GMT
#1503
LOL nice find indeed.

One thing that really really really bothered me about the franchise was how they had to switch actors for Rachel Dawes from BB to TDK. They had no choice, but it was just really off-putting for me...
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
TsoBadGuy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States221 Posts
July 27 2012 04:33 GMT
#1504
The first time Bane and Batman fight, Bane says the COOLEST SHIT EVER.

"Oooooh, You think Darkness is your ally... you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it."

"The shadows betray you because THEY BELONG TO ME."



Bnet ID: TsoBadGuy Code: 795 Who wants friends? :D
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
July 27 2012 04:40 GMT
#1505
wtf ? they have really switched actors for Rachel ? I didnt know that ! I thought that she got older. haha stupid me :D
btw has Jake Gyllenhaal something to do with her ?
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
July 27 2012 04:43 GMT
#1506
On July 27 2012 13:33 TsoBadGuy wrote:
The first time Bane and Batman fight, Bane says the COOLEST SHIT EVER.

"Oooooh, You think Darkness is your ally... you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it."

"The shadows betray you because THEY BELONG TO ME."



That part has been haunting me for so long. I just absolutely love the amount of symbolism and figurative meanings that are in the movie.
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
July 27 2012 04:46 GMT
#1507
Just came back...movie was awesome. 9/10 from me...wasn't as good as TDK but that's one of my fav movies ever so I wasn't expecting it to be. 99% of criticism for this movie is pretty much retarted nitpicking which doesn't surprise me. Everyone's a hardcore critic nowadays...all I know is those 2:45 flew by in the theatre. Def best 10$ I spent at the movies this year. Its funny to me how all the criticism I see of this movie can be applied to a movie like Avengers 100x more yet it seems so much more pronounced with this one everywhere I look. They're both comic book movies but people expect Nolan to put out a 10/10 masterpiece every time. Go into a movie without sky high expectations and you won't be bothered to pick out every single inconsistency...pro tip
EpiK
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5757 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 05:17:09
July 27 2012 05:12 GMT
#1508
On July 27 2012 13:46 antelope591 wrote:
Just came back...movie was awesome. 9/10 from me...wasn't as good as TDK but that's one of my fav movies ever so I wasn't expecting it to be. 99% of criticism for this movie is pretty much retarted nitpicking which doesn't surprise me. Everyone's a hardcore critic nowadays...all I know is those 2:45 flew by in the theatre. Def best 10$ I spent at the movies this year. Its funny to me how all the criticism I see of this movie can be applied to a movie like Avengers 100x more yet it seems so much more pronounced with this one everywhere I look. They're both comic book movies but people expect Nolan to put out a 10/10 masterpiece every time. Go into a movie without sky high expectations and you won't be bothered to pick out every single inconsistency...pro tip

yea it's unfortunate that it has to be a sequel to one of the best movies of 2008. If it was a stand-alone, more people would be giving it 9/10s too.
Grimmyman123
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada939 Posts
July 27 2012 06:10 GMT
#1509
Saw this flick at the theatres. Quite possibly the best movie I have ever seen. And you get your money's worth.
Win. That's all that matters. Win. Nobody likes to lose.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
July 27 2012 08:12 GMT
#1510
On July 27 2012 13:46 antelope591 wrote:
99% of criticism for this movie is pretty much retarted nitpicking which doesn't surprise me.


I'm not defending The Avengers, but the movie had fewer problems or on the same level as The Dark Knight Rises for people to nit pick. In the end, they're both great movies that still exceeded many people's expectations. No one can deny that The Dark Knight left off at a high note, which will be hard to replicate. I liked the movie, but there were some things they felt out of character from the likes of Nolan and Goyer. I don't blame the people nit picking though since there were moments where it was pretty convenient for so and so to happen, but I didn't think too much of it.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
July 27 2012 08:17 GMT
#1511
On July 27 2012 17:12 zoLo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 13:46 antelope591 wrote:
99% of criticism for this movie is pretty much retarted nitpicking which doesn't surprise me.


I'm not defending The Avengers, but the movie had fewer problems or on the same level as The Dark Knight Rises for people to nit pick. In the end, they're both great movies that still exceeded many people's expectations. No one can deny that The Dark Knight left off at a high note, which will be hard to replicate. I liked the movie, but there were some things they felt out of character from the likes of Nolan and Goyer. I don't blame the people nit picking though since there were moments where it was pretty convenient for so and so to happen, but I didn't think too much of it.

tbh almost all the convenient moments I felt okay with since it could ultimately be explained via comic book lore or some other rational explanation.

the only part of the movie where i honestly could not take was when the cops charged the thugs who had 2 tumblers and machine guns with only batons and maybe a couple handguns. then they proceed to win the fight anyways? that was just...-facepalm- I understand that it was symbolic of Gotham rising up and taking charge for themselves but still...
Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
July 27 2012 08:19 GMT
#1512
Just watched it. Beginning was really slow and I started having serious doubts about it. Final 30 minutes was totally epic though.

Anyone else feel like the whole bomb blowing up the city and the plane carrying the bomb was too much like Angels and Demons?

Also the no one leaves or the city blows up was too much like the Dark Knight's ferry scene.

One last thing, does Miranda Tate know Bruce is Batman?
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 08:22:43
July 27 2012 08:21 GMT
#1513
On July 27 2012 17:17 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 17:12 zoLo wrote:
On July 27 2012 13:46 antelope591 wrote:
99% of criticism for this movie is pretty much retarted nitpicking which doesn't surprise me.


I'm not defending The Avengers, but the movie had fewer problems or on the same level as The Dark Knight Rises for people to nit pick. In the end, they're both great movies that still exceeded many people's expectations. No one can deny that The Dark Knight left off at a high note, which will be hard to replicate. I liked the movie, but there were some things they felt out of character from the likes of Nolan and Goyer. I don't blame the people nit picking though since there were moments where it was pretty convenient for so and so to happen, but I didn't think too much of it.

tbh almost all the convenient moments I felt okay with since it could ultimately be explained via comic book lore or some other rational explanation.

the only part of the movie where i honestly could not take was when the cops charged the thugs who had 2 tumblers and machine guns with only batons and maybe a couple handguns. then they proceed to win the fight anyways? that was just...-facepalm- I understand that it was symbolic of Gotham rising up and taking charge for themselves but still...


Well, the armored vehicles were disabled thanks to Batman. We don't know how many mercenaries there were against the police nor how well trained they were. Who knows, maybe some civilians joined the fray. Maybe Catwoman helped out a little before she saved Batman, where she shot Bane with the Badpod's cannons.

On July 27 2012 17:19 Brutaxilos wrote:
One last thing, does Miranda Tate know Bruce is Batman?


Yup.
Vetrocide
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway600 Posts
July 27 2012 08:21 GMT
#1514
On July 27 2012 13:40 NIIINO wrote:
wtf ? they have really switched actors for Rachel ? I didnt know that ! I thought that she got older. haha stupid me :D
btw has Jake Gyllenhaal something to do with her ?


Jake Gyllenhaal is Maggie Gyllenhaal's (rachel in TDK) brother
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal
anatem
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania1369 Posts
July 27 2012 08:26 GMT
#1515
weak compared to TDK in every aspect except the direction; and only a hint better than Batman Begins.

overall, pretty disappointing, i expected another masterpiece like TDK, but only got a (very) good superhero movie.
'Tis with our Judgements as our Watches, none / Go just alike, yet each believes his own.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 27 2012 08:29 GMT
#1516
On July 27 2012 17:17 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 17:12 zoLo wrote:
On July 27 2012 13:46 antelope591 wrote:
99% of criticism for this movie is pretty much retarted nitpicking which doesn't surprise me.


I'm not defending The Avengers, but the movie had fewer problems or on the same level as The Dark Knight Rises for people to nit pick. In the end, they're both great movies that still exceeded many people's expectations. No one can deny that The Dark Knight left off at a high note, which will be hard to replicate. I liked the movie, but there were some things they felt out of character from the likes of Nolan and Goyer. I don't blame the people nit picking though since there were moments where it was pretty convenient for so and so to happen, but I didn't think too much of it.

tbh almost all the convenient moments I felt okay with since it could ultimately be explained via comic book lore or some other rational explanation.

the only part of the movie where i honestly could not take was when the cops charged the thugs who had 2 tumblers and machine guns with only batons and maybe a couple handguns. then they proceed to win the fight anyways? that was just...-facepalm- I understand that it was symbolic of Gotham rising up and taking charge for themselves but still...

Yeah that reminded me of reading about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Omdurman

That's probably a more likely outcome of a mass frontal charge against artillery and machine guns.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
SRBNikola
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Serbia191 Posts
July 27 2012 08:59 GMT
#1517
When policements charge, it was epic scene, reminds me of Lord of the Rings, Return of the King when Rohirrim charge.

I think it made sense for what they did, part they relied on Batmen to help, second they had nothing to loose, bomb will explode in few minutes.
publicenemies
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
458 Posts
July 27 2012 09:15 GMT
#1518
On July 27 2012 17:29 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 17:17 Ryuu314 wrote:
On July 27 2012 17:12 zoLo wrote:
On July 27 2012 13:46 antelope591 wrote:
99% of criticism for this movie is pretty much retarted nitpicking which doesn't surprise me.


I'm not defending The Avengers, but the movie had fewer problems or on the same level as The Dark Knight Rises for people to nit pick. In the end, they're both great movies that still exceeded many people's expectations. No one can deny that The Dark Knight left off at a high note, which will be hard to replicate. I liked the movie, but there were some things they felt out of character from the likes of Nolan and Goyer. I don't blame the people nit picking though since there were moments where it was pretty convenient for so and so to happen, but I didn't think too much of it.

tbh almost all the convenient moments I felt okay with since it could ultimately be explained via comic book lore or some other rational explanation.

the only part of the movie where i honestly could not take was when the cops charged the thugs who had 2 tumblers and machine guns with only batons and maybe a couple handguns. then they proceed to win the fight anyways? that was just...-facepalm- I understand that it was symbolic of Gotham rising up and taking charge for themselves but still...

Yeah that reminded me of reading about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Omdurman

That's probably a more likely outcome of a mass frontal charge against artillery and machine guns.

You know when you think about it, it's not that ridiculous. If the policemen weren't gonna be able to stand up to the criminals, then why did Bane wasted so much effort trapping them in the tunnel?
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 09:20:17
July 27 2012 09:18 GMT
#1519
I finally was able to figure out what that something that Dark Knight Rises lacked that Dark Knight had.

Of course it goes back to the Joker, but The Dark Knight had in it scenes of moral ambiguity. The boat scene is the best example of this, but there's others. Where as in Dark Knight Rises we see a Bruce Wayne that's emotionally drained and retreatist, we have in Dark Knight, Batman at the top of his popularity, being torn down and forced to make controversial decisions out of desperation in order to stop the Joker, we had this same tearing down in Harvey Dent's character. This dynamic allowed the audience to see that even those these characters were extraordinary individuals, they were humans each with breaking points.

We got to see the dark side of being Batman. The tough decisions that only he'd have to make. The Joker's taunts of "you created me!" sparked a lasting question of whether or not villains like him could possibly exist were it not for heroes like Batman. The symbolism of the unstoppable force meets the immovable object, other examples.

By comparison, the Dark Knight Rises is very black and white. It feels more like a traditional superhero movie without the social commentary of its predecessor. That moral ambiguity that played a huge part in giving The Dark Knight a lasting impression just isn't present in DKR. Sure the movie was great, the story is written and the movie well acted, but that lack of moral ambiguity, those lack of "Woah" moments that The Joker provided in The Dark Knight just made it so that even though I thoroughly enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises, I left the theater feeling like I was missing something.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
nepeta
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1872 Posts
July 27 2012 09:26 GMT
#1520
So if you think this film was any good, what on earth might your frame of reference be? Stupid, wanton violence all through, completely devoid of acting save for the parts of Bruce Wayne and Alfred, the restoration line was the only one which made any sense, unfortunately it was underdevelopped in favour of random apocalyptic nonsense and troglodyte fisticuffs. The female acting seemed to consist of make-up and diet.

The people in the theater around me seemed to enjoy it enormously, and as they were drinking beer (in the theater, really?) and munching fast food all through the ordeal, I must be getting old. Or have more than one brain cell. As this was the first visit since about five years, I think my next interval will be fifty years, hopefully by that time I'll be too dead to get any more bored and disgusted by it.
Broodwar AI :) http://sscaitournament.com http://www.starcraftai.com/wiki/Main_Page
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 102 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4392
Leta 1592
Bale 60
Shine 31
ZergMaN 13
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm261
League of Legends
JimRising 653
Other Games
summit1g8148
WinterStarcraft666
Sick136
Mew2King40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick506
BasetradeTV208
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta40
• Letter1413
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2142
League of Legends
• Lourlo1059
• Rush699
Other Games
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 36m
Patches Events
9h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 36m
OSC
17h 36m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.