• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:51
CEST 23:51
KST 06:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War335.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7902 users

Tobacco Smoking Thread - Page 17

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 29 Next All
Jacko11
Profile Joined November 2010
China146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-22 00:18:26
September 22 2011 00:16 GMT
#321
Skoal Cherry, Kent Blue, and Ark Royals are for me
Koosalakoopakoop
Profile Joined June 2011
United States17 Posts
September 22 2011 00:32 GMT
#322
I smoke Camel lights (Camel blue now called) and cannabis all night while I play SC2 and LoL, they are definitely both a great complement to gaming. Been smoking cigarettes for 9 years now and cannabis for 13. It's cool to find a thread about this and it's not something like "why I don't smoke" or something like that, I Live in Virginia, and this country was built on tobacco Money. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to discuss something we enjoy even though majority of people are so against it and think it's so disgusting. To each his (or her) own, I say...
-Wow, fantastic baby-
UisTehSux
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States693 Posts
November 22 2011 00:03 GMT
#323
Bought two new cigars yesterday! Going to go on a walk and smoke one, but I can't make a decision!

I have a Artesanos retro especiale:

[image loading]

And a Julius Caesar!

[image loading]

Both sound great from some reviews, have any of you guys smoked one? I shall put in my input later tonight on one of them.

I underestimated that boy. No... it was not the boy I underestimated, it was the Triforce of Courage.
CluEleSs_UK
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom583 Posts
November 22 2011 00:44 GMT
#324
Smoker reporting in!
"If it turns out he is leaving the ESL to focus on cooking crystal meth I'll agree that it is somewhat disgraceful, but I'll hold off judgement until then."
Unifex
Profile Joined September 2010
United States68 Posts
November 22 2011 03:00 GMT
#325
Could anyone recommend a web site to buy cheaper cigarettes online? The prices just went up again in NYC and it's becoming absurd.

I tried googling but a lot of them seem like sketchy eastern european sites.
oldfartz
Profile Joined October 2011
Philippines117 Posts
November 22 2011 03:04 GMT
#326
i have some in my but they're all eastern european sites
Omnipresent
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States871 Posts
November 22 2011 03:13 GMT
#327
@UisTehSux I've never smoked either, but I've never had a bad La Gloria Cubana. Though I must say, that picture looks more like a painting than a photo.

@Unifex Buying cigarettes over the internet is pretty tough. Most states require vendors to buy tax stamps that are attached to each pack or carton sold. This means that, in most cases, it's illegal to buy cigarettes from an out of state company and have them shipped to you. That is, unless the vendor has a stock of tax stamps for a bunch of different states (which is cost prohibitive), and it might even be illegal anyway. I think you can do it if you live in Texas (had a friend who used to do it, but I'm not sure where he got them from), but I know you can't in my state. This pretty much means online cigarette companies have a hard time staying in business. Good luck.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
November 22 2011 07:46 GMT
#328
On November 22 2011 12:00 Unifex wrote:
Could anyone recommend a web site to buy cheaper cigarettes online? The prices just went up again in NYC and it's becoming absurd.

I tried googling but a lot of them seem like sketchy eastern european sites.


I have ordered couple packs once from tygerpipes.com (chinese site??). Fairly fast delivery and no problems, but i have no idea how they'll deliver to US or how much cheaper it is.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
MuATaran
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada231 Posts
November 22 2011 08:02 GMT
#329
On November 22 2011 12:00 Unifex wrote:
Could anyone recommend a web site to buy cheaper cigarettes online? The prices just went up again in NYC and it's becoming absurd.

I tried googling but a lot of them seem like sketchy eastern european sites.


I would give you the site that I order mine form when I have something worthy of a cigar coming up but it is only cuban cigars so not good for people in the US I did google cigars online for US and there are quite a few sites that sell them at solid prices, just go google it and you should find something reasonable
"Our Banshees will blot out the Sun! ... Then we shall Stim in the Shade." - Doa
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
November 22 2011 08:35 GMT
#330
catz need to post here
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
SirAnnihilate
Profile Joined June 2011
Great Britain16 Posts
November 22 2011 08:59 GMT
#331
I have an interesting gripe where I have to smoke after every long game of Starcraft (30min+). Not really an issue, but after a laddering session I can seriously damage my tobacco stock. Since It's purely for the stress relief (I think!) would it be worth buying cheaper tobacco for that specific use? Unlike when I normally smoke (rolls, Golden Virginia) I dont get half as much enjoyment out of it and seem to burn through it at a heroic pace.

Anyone had a similar experience, not nessecarily Starcraft? Would it be worth buying cheap crap like Sky blue or Red Band for the sole purpose of smoking after laddering? Or would the change from the norm offset my fix and become wasted money?

Cheers,
Annihilate
Omnipresent
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States871 Posts
November 22 2011 10:25 GMT
#332
On November 22 2011 17:02 MuATaran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 12:00 Unifex wrote:
Could anyone recommend a web site to buy cheaper cigarettes online? The prices just went up again in NYC and it's becoming absurd.

I tried googling but a lot of them seem like sketchy eastern european sites.


I would give you the site that I order mine form when I have something worthy of a cigar coming up but it is only cuban cigars so not good for people in the US I did google cigars online for US and there are quite a few sites that sell them at solid prices, just go google it and you should find something reasonable

He was asking about cigarettes, which are hard to get over the internet in the US.

For cigars, I buy mine from cigar.com. They've got a pretty solid selection and very reasonable prices. They're also constantly doing offers for free shipping, daily deals, weekend specials, etc. The forum community there is also pretty helpful.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
November 22 2011 10:40 GMT
#333
On November 22 2011 19:25 Omnipresent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 17:02 MuATaran wrote:
On November 22 2011 12:00 Unifex wrote:
Could anyone recommend a web site to buy cheaper cigarettes online? The prices just went up again in NYC and it's becoming absurd.

I tried googling but a lot of them seem like sketchy eastern european sites.


I would give you the site that I order mine form when I have something worthy of a cigar coming up but it is only cuban cigars so not good for people in the US I did google cigars online for US and there are quite a few sites that sell them at solid prices, just go google it and you should find something reasonable

He was asking about cigarettes, which are hard to get over the internet in the US.

For cigars, I buy mine from cigar.com. They've got a pretty solid selection and very reasonable prices. They're also constantly doing offers for free shipping, daily deals, weekend specials, etc. The forum community there is also pretty helpful.


That looks like a solid site. Any cigar people recommend a good maduro cigar? I've normally shied away from the darker wrappers for fear they might be too strong to me. I'm normally a more mild cigar smoker that enjoys the sweeter smoke vs the slight harsher/coffee flavored smoke that come sometimes with Maduro's. Looking to branch out though so any recommendations are welcome.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
rhmiller907
Profile Joined August 2011
United States118 Posts
November 22 2011 10:57 GMT
#334
I would prefer to smoke American Spirits, they seem to affect me physically a lot less. However the Taxes here in Alaska at least in Anchorage are crazy, it adds up to 5.50 in taxes per pack. For now I smoke Camel Filters two dollars cheaper and not to bad as long as I don't chain smoke.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
Omnipresent
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States871 Posts
November 22 2011 11:06 GMT
#335
On November 22 2011 19:40 Xinder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 19:25 Omnipresent wrote:
On November 22 2011 17:02 MuATaran wrote:
On November 22 2011 12:00 Unifex wrote:
Could anyone recommend a web site to buy cheaper cigarettes online? The prices just went up again in NYC and it's becoming absurd.

I tried googling but a lot of them seem like sketchy eastern european sites.


I would give you the site that I order mine form when I have something worthy of a cigar coming up but it is only cuban cigars so not good for people in the US I did google cigars online for US and there are quite a few sites that sell them at solid prices, just go google it and you should find something reasonable

He was asking about cigarettes, which are hard to get over the internet in the US.

For cigars, I buy mine from cigar.com. They've got a pretty solid selection and very reasonable prices. They're also constantly doing offers for free shipping, daily deals, weekend specials, etc. The forum community there is also pretty helpful.


That looks like a solid site. Any cigar people recommend a good maduro cigar? I've normally shied away from the darker wrappers for fear they might be too strong to me. I'm normally a more mild cigar smoker that enjoys the sweeter smoke vs the slight harsher/coffee flavored smoke that come sometimes with Maduro's. Looking to branch out though so any recommendations are welcome.

The maduro I recommend to absolutely everyone who's trying to expand their cigar tastes is Rocky Patel's Edge Maduro. It's a serious cigar at a reasonable price. It's sweeter, so you don't have to worry about a "harsher" (by which I assume you mean either peppery or earthy) flavors that some maduros have.

If you're just trying to get into maduros, a standard old Macanudo Maduro never hurt anyone. It likely wont be something you'll choose as a go-to cigar in the future, but it's a decent intro.

Otherwise, for starters, either the COA Brazilia or Italia are accessible smokes. A standard Arturo Fuente Maduro or Hoyo Honduran maduro or Dark Sumatra are also really good choices. La Gloria Cubana Serie R is also a good starter.


Don't be intimidated. If you experienced unpleasant harshness the last time you smoked a maduro, your probably just had a bad (either poor quality or poor condition) cigar. I've picked some pretty safe ones, but you should really branch out from there. If you're buying at a local shop, don't hesitate to ask for recommendations.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
November 22 2011 11:09 GMT
#336
On November 22 2011 20:06 Omnipresent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 19:40 Xinder wrote:
On November 22 2011 19:25 Omnipresent wrote:
On November 22 2011 17:02 MuATaran wrote:
On November 22 2011 12:00 Unifex wrote:
Could anyone recommend a web site to buy cheaper cigarettes online? The prices just went up again in NYC and it's becoming absurd.

I tried googling but a lot of them seem like sketchy eastern european sites.


I would give you the site that I order mine form when I have something worthy of a cigar coming up but it is only cuban cigars so not good for people in the US I did google cigars online for US and there are quite a few sites that sell them at solid prices, just go google it and you should find something reasonable

He was asking about cigarettes, which are hard to get over the internet in the US.

For cigars, I buy mine from cigar.com. They've got a pretty solid selection and very reasonable prices. They're also constantly doing offers for free shipping, daily deals, weekend specials, etc. The forum community there is also pretty helpful.


That looks like a solid site. Any cigar people recommend a good maduro cigar? I've normally shied away from the darker wrappers for fear they might be too strong to me. I'm normally a more mild cigar smoker that enjoys the sweeter smoke vs the slight harsher/coffee flavored smoke that come sometimes with Maduro's. Looking to branch out though so any recommendations are welcome.

The maduro I recommend to absolutely everyone who's trying to expand their cigar tastes is Rocky Patel's Edge Maduro. It's a serious cigar at a reasonable price. It's sweeter, so you don't have to worry about a "harsher" (by which I assume you mean either peppery or earthy) flavors that some maduros have.

If you're just trying to get into maduros, a standard old Macanudo Maduro never hurt anyone. It likely wont be something you'll choose as a go-to cigar in the future, but it's a decent intro.

Otherwise, for starters, either the COA Brazilia or Italia are accessible smokes. A standard Arturo Fuente Maduro or Hoyo Honduran maduro or Dark Sumatra are also really good choices. La Gloria Cubana Serie R is also a good starter.


Don't be intimidated. If you experienced unpleasant harshness the last time you smoked a maduro, your probably just had a bad (either poor quality or poor condition) cigar. I've picked some pretty safe ones, but you should really branch out from there. If you're buying at a local shop, don't hesitate to ask for recommendations.


Thank you very much! I'll head to my local smoke shop and see about that Rocky Patel you recommended. I've had awesome experiences with the RP Connecticut Cigar and look forward to trying the Maduro.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Omnipresent
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States871 Posts
November 22 2011 11:12 GMT
#337
On November 22 2011 20:09 Xinder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 20:06 Omnipresent wrote:
On November 22 2011 19:40 Xinder wrote:
On November 22 2011 19:25 Omnipresent wrote:
On November 22 2011 17:02 MuATaran wrote:
On November 22 2011 12:00 Unifex wrote:
Could anyone recommend a web site to buy cheaper cigarettes online? The prices just went up again in NYC and it's becoming absurd.

I tried googling but a lot of them seem like sketchy eastern european sites.


I would give you the site that I order mine form when I have something worthy of a cigar coming up but it is only cuban cigars so not good for people in the US I did google cigars online for US and there are quite a few sites that sell them at solid prices, just go google it and you should find something reasonable

He was asking about cigarettes, which are hard to get over the internet in the US.

For cigars, I buy mine from cigar.com. They've got a pretty solid selection and very reasonable prices. They're also constantly doing offers for free shipping, daily deals, weekend specials, etc. The forum community there is also pretty helpful.


That looks like a solid site. Any cigar people recommend a good maduro cigar? I've normally shied away from the darker wrappers for fear they might be too strong to me. I'm normally a more mild cigar smoker that enjoys the sweeter smoke vs the slight harsher/coffee flavored smoke that come sometimes with Maduro's. Looking to branch out though so any recommendations are welcome.

The maduro I recommend to absolutely everyone who's trying to expand their cigar tastes is Rocky Patel's Edge Maduro. It's a serious cigar at a reasonable price. It's sweeter, so you don't have to worry about a "harsher" (by which I assume you mean either peppery or earthy) flavors that some maduros have.

If you're just trying to get into maduros, a standard old Macanudo Maduro never hurt anyone. It likely wont be something you'll choose as a go-to cigar in the future, but it's a decent intro.

Otherwise, for starters, either the COA Brazilia or Italia are accessible smokes. A standard Arturo Fuente Maduro or Hoyo Honduran maduro or Dark Sumatra are also really good choices. La Gloria Cubana Serie R is also a good starter.


Don't be intimidated. If you experienced unpleasant harshness the last time you smoked a maduro, your probably just had a bad (either poor quality or poor condition) cigar. I've picked some pretty safe ones, but you should really branch out from there. If you're buying at a local shop, don't hesitate to ask for recommendations.


Thank you very much! I'll head to my local smoke shop and see about that Rocky Patel you recommended. I've had awesome experiences with the RP Connecticut Cigar and look forward to trying the Maduro.

If you like the Rocky Patel Connecticut, try the 5 Vegas Gold (which, come to think of it, also comes in a maduro). It's a pretty similar cigar at a better price. Frankly, even though I don't smoke many Connecticuts, I prefer it.
ePdeLay
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia220 Posts
November 22 2011 11:18 GMT
#338
the ones you roll up are worse then normal packet cigarettes because they have no filter
Omnipresent
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States871 Posts
November 22 2011 11:21 GMT
#339
On November 22 2011 20:18 ePdeLay wrote:
the ones you roll up are worse then normal packet cigarettes because they have no filter

You know you can buy filters, right?
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
November 22 2011 11:33 GMT
#340
On November 22 2011 17:59 SirAnnihilate wrote:
I have an interesting gripe where I have to smoke after every long game of Starcraft (30min+). Not really an issue, but after a laddering session I can seriously damage my tobacco stock. Since It's purely for the stress relief (I think!) would it be worth buying cheaper tobacco for that specific use? Unlike when I normally smoke (rolls, Golden Virginia) I dont get half as much enjoyment out of it and seem to burn through it at a heroic pace.

Anyone had a similar experience, not nessecarily Starcraft? Would it be worth buying cheap crap like Sky blue or Red Band for the sole purpose of smoking after laddering? Or would the change from the norm offset my fix and become wasted money?

Cheers,
Annihilate


Buy an electronic cigarette. They are great for this kind of thing, where you crave for a smoke but are already tired of it after a couple draws (since you smoked one 10 mines before already). They are also cheaper than tobacco
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
NeuroSwarm 139
Nina 103
ViBE51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13861
910 70
NaDa 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever299
canceldota113
League of Legends
Doublelift2764
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4607
Other Games
summit1g3891
fl0m1136
FrodaN954
olofmeister802
C9.Mang0327
Liquid`Hasu321
Livibee198
ToD185
UpATreeSC63
PPMD21
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 23 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• musti20045 31
• poizon28 26
• Adnapsc2 10
• RyuSc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• FirePhoenix7
• Michael_bg 5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21606
• WagamamaTV547
League of Legends
• Scarra818
Other Games
• imaqtpie1026
• Shiphtur489
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 9m
Big Brain Bouts
12h 9m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
19h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
Patches Events
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.