• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:04
CEST 02:04
KST 09:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8061 users

Tobacco Smoking Thread - Page 29

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 All
YokoKano
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States612 Posts
October 31 2012 07:14 GMT
#561
On October 08 2012 11:37 heroyi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2012 11:33 Powerpill wrote:
On October 08 2012 11:31 Nutwagon wrote:
On October 08 2012 11:16 Rassy wrote:
Canabis is a good way to help you give up sigarettes but its not realy stopping your nicotine adiction.
An average joint contains more then 10 times the amount of nicotine then a sigarette, i guess it lasts for a while.


Pretty sure you can't get addicted to weed like you can with a cigarette. I dunno where you heard a joint contains 10 times the amount of nicotine compared to a cigarette, that's insanity.


I think he means Tar, not sure if 10x is accurate though

oh dear.

I don't mean to derail but Cannabis is WAY healthier option than tobacco. Nicotine is not in weed (I don't know where you got that) and the tar residue is nothing compared to tobacco (at least the processed ones like Marl and Camel)

edit.
What do you guys think of Winstons? Tried them a bit and honestly they are a meh to me. Better than the mainstream ones like Marl but ehh


I'd never smoke cigarettes. The only way to smoke Tobacco is with a pipe or a vaporizer. Stay healthy my friends!
IQ 155.905638752
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-31 09:05:13
October 31 2012 09:04 GMT
#562
On October 31 2012 16:14 YokoKano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2012 11:37 heroyi wrote:
On October 08 2012 11:33 Powerpill wrote:
On October 08 2012 11:31 Nutwagon wrote:
On October 08 2012 11:16 Rassy wrote:
Canabis is a good way to help you give up sigarettes but its not realy stopping your nicotine adiction.
An average joint contains more then 10 times the amount of nicotine then a sigarette, i guess it lasts for a while.


Pretty sure you can't get addicted to weed like you can with a cigarette. I dunno where you heard a joint contains 10 times the amount of nicotine compared to a cigarette, that's insanity.


I think he means Tar, not sure if 10x is accurate though

oh dear.

I don't mean to derail but Cannabis is WAY healthier option than tobacco. Nicotine is not in weed (I don't know where you got that) and the tar residue is nothing compared to tobacco (at least the processed ones like Marl and Camel)

edit.
What do you guys think of Winstons? Tried them a bit and honestly they are a meh to me. Better than the mainstream ones like Marl but ehh


I'd never smoke cigarettes. The only way to smoke Tobacco is with a pipe or a vaporizer. Stay healthy my friends!

There is 0 research that says smoking a vaporizer is healthier than smoking cigs. For all we know, vaporized nicotine might cause cancer at a HIGHER rate than cigarettes.

[edit] And that's why I smoke Pall Malls unfiltered. [/edit]
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
October 31 2012 09:21 GMT
#563
do filters even do anything? i think they cool the smoke down a bit and stop tiny ashes but do they make smokes healthier?
savior did nothing wrong
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
October 31 2012 09:41 GMT
#564
I mean, it reduces the amount of chemicals you inhale by like 500, but the ones that cause cancer, lung/heart disease and emphysema are still in there, so make your choices. I smoke them because if I'm gonna smoke, I'm gonna fucking smoke.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
October 31 2012 17:52 GMT
#565
On October 31 2012 18:21 EleanorRIgby wrote:
do filters even do anything? i think they cool the smoke down a bit and stop tiny ashes but do they make smokes healthier?


They are rather perfunctory but at least in my case improve the experience and make the cigarette smoother. I am sure they filter some stuff out, but not the carcinogens (obviously).

I bought a pack of Lucky Strike Unfiltered once, would wake up feeling like I was kicked in the chest. I know I just didn't know how to smoke them properly, but having that open end basically had me pulling tobacco out of my mouth the first few.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 31 2012 17:57 GMT
#566
On October 08 2012 11:37 heroyi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2012 11:33 Powerpill wrote:
On October 08 2012 11:31 Nutwagon wrote:
On October 08 2012 11:16 Rassy wrote:
Canabis is a good way to help you give up sigarettes but its not realy stopping your nicotine adiction.
An average joint contains more then 10 times the amount of nicotine then a sigarette, i guess it lasts for a while.


Pretty sure you can't get addicted to weed like you can with a cigarette. I dunno where you heard a joint contains 10 times the amount of nicotine compared to a cigarette, that's insanity.


I think he means Tar, not sure if 10x is accurate though

oh dear.

I don't mean to derail but Cannabis is WAY healthier option than tobacco. Nicotine is not in weed (I don't know where you got that) and the tar residue is nothing compared to tobacco (at least the processed ones like Marl and Camel)

edit.
What do you guys think of Winstons? Tried them a bit and honestly they are a meh to me. Better than the mainstream ones like Marl but ehh

Winstons are not better than Marlboro i hate to tell you. People dont pay outrageous prices for Marlboro reds because they're bad. You must be smoking some shitty Marlboro's if you think winstons or anything else even comes remotely close.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
MugenXBanksy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States479 Posts
October 31 2012 18:08 GMT
#567
On November 01 2012 02:52 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 18:21 EleanorRIgby wrote:
do filters even do anything? i think they cool the smoke down a bit and stop tiny ashes but do they make smokes healthier?


They are rather perfunctory but at least in my case improve the experience and make the cigarette smoother. I am sure they filter some stuff out, but not the carcinogens (obviously).

I bought a pack of Lucky Strike Unfiltered once, would wake up feeling like I was kicked in the chest. I know I just didn't know how to smoke them properly, but having that open end basically had me pulling tobacco out of my mouth the first few.



they are IMO one of the best regular pack of cigarettes and jokingly the manliest as that's what the clerks always comment to me when I go to the a tobacco shop or the grocery. It hits you pretty good IMO got drunk at a party and chained a whole pack bad idea but it felt good at the time lol
we all hope to be like whitera one day
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
October 31 2012 20:15 GMT
#568
On November 01 2012 03:08 MugenXBanksy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 02:52 ThomasjServo wrote:
On October 31 2012 18:21 EleanorRIgby wrote:
do filters even do anything? i think they cool the smoke down a bit and stop tiny ashes but do they make smokes healthier?


They are rather perfunctory but at least in my case improve the experience and make the cigarette smoother. I am sure they filter some stuff out, but not the carcinogens (obviously).

I bought a pack of Lucky Strike Unfiltered once, would wake up feeling like I was kicked in the chest. I know I just didn't know how to smoke them properly, but having that open end basically had me pulling tobacco out of my mouth the first few.



they are IMO one of the best regular pack of cigarettes and jokingly the manliest as that's what the clerks always comment to me when I go to the a tobacco shop or the grocery. It hits you pretty good IMO got drunk at a party and chained a whole pack bad idea but it felt good at the time lol


Oh I love me some Lucky Strike filters, unfortunately I can't find them here in the states, but Lucky's are a good smoke if readily available.
MugenXBanksy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States479 Posts
October 31 2012 21:06 GMT
#569
On November 01 2012 05:15 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 03:08 MugenXBanksy wrote:
On November 01 2012 02:52 ThomasjServo wrote:
On October 31 2012 18:21 EleanorRIgby wrote:
do filters even do anything? i think they cool the smoke down a bit and stop tiny ashes but do they make smokes healthier?


They are rather perfunctory but at least in my case improve the experience and make the cigarette smoother. I am sure they filter some stuff out, but not the carcinogens (obviously).

I bought a pack of Lucky Strike Unfiltered once, would wake up feeling like I was kicked in the chest. I know I just didn't know how to smoke them properly, but having that open end basically had me pulling tobacco out of my mouth the first few.



they are IMO one of the best regular pack of cigarettes and jokingly the manliest as that's what the clerks always comment to me when I go to the a tobacco shop or the grocery. It hits you pretty good IMO got drunk at a party and chained a whole pack bad idea but it felt good at the time lol


Oh I love me some Lucky Strike filters, unfortunately I can't find them here in the states, but Lucky's are a good smoke if readily available.


I was talking about filterless as they are the only kind they sell here. I heard before my time that they sold filtered here and sell them in Europe I heard at some point or another.
we all hope to be like whitera one day
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
October 31 2012 22:06 GMT
#570
On November 01 2012 06:06 MugenXBanksy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 05:15 ThomasjServo wrote:
On November 01 2012 03:08 MugenXBanksy wrote:
On November 01 2012 02:52 ThomasjServo wrote:
On October 31 2012 18:21 EleanorRIgby wrote:
do filters even do anything? i think they cool the smoke down a bit and stop tiny ashes but do they make smokes healthier?


They are rather perfunctory but at least in my case improve the experience and make the cigarette smoother. I am sure they filter some stuff out, but not the carcinogens (obviously).

I bought a pack of Lucky Strike Unfiltered once, would wake up feeling like I was kicked in the chest. I know I just didn't know how to smoke them properly, but having that open end basically had me pulling tobacco out of my mouth the first few.



they are IMO one of the best regular pack of cigarettes and jokingly the manliest as that's what the clerks always comment to me when I go to the a tobacco shop or the grocery. It hits you pretty good IMO got drunk at a party and chained a whole pack bad idea but it felt good at the time lol


Oh I love me some Lucky Strike filters, unfortunately I can't find them here in the states, but Lucky's are a good smoke if readily available.


I was talking about filterless as they are the only kind they sell here. I heard before my time that they sold filtered here and sell them in Europe I heard at some point or another.

I am in the states too, I feel your pain. I lived in China for a year, could get them in between the border of Zhuhai and Macau. I lived in glory and triumph, with 15$ cartons of Lucky Filters. I miss those days.
Voltaire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1485 Posts
November 05 2012 13:36 GMT
#571
Two of those months I quit.

But then I started again



But I'm going to quit again.


do you guys think I'm pretty much screwed cancer wise though?
As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities.
MVega
Profile Joined November 2010
763 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-05 14:06:32
November 05 2012 14:04 GMT
#572
It's been awhile since I've had a good cigar. It's hard to get them where I am at the moment, and I can't stand most flavored cigars which is the only thing sold in stores here. I'll have to go on a trip to get some. That said a couple days ago I picked up a packet of cigarillos called "Backwoods" which I'd heard about quite a bit over the last couple years. They're flavored but they actually taste like cigars at the same time, they're pretty good. Super expensive though.

I really need to travel to the next state over and get a box of Man o' War Puro Authentico. Pretty sure that's what they're called. Really good, pretty expensive. ($60~ for a box of 10) Also the only cigar brand where I've smoked several and they've all been equally good.

On October 08 2012 11:37 heroyi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2012 11:33 Powerpill wrote:
On October 08 2012 11:31 Nutwagon wrote:
On October 08 2012 11:16 Rassy wrote:
Canabis is a good way to help you give up sigarettes but its not realy stopping your nicotine adiction.
An average joint contains more then 10 times the amount of nicotine then a sigarette, i guess it lasts for a while.


Pretty sure you can't get addicted to weed like you can with a cigarette. I dunno where you heard a joint contains 10 times the amount of nicotine compared to a cigarette, that's insanity.


I think he means Tar, not sure if 10x is accurate though

oh dear.

I don't mean to derail but Cannabis is WAY healthier option than tobacco.


While that may or may not be true, a lot of people that are comfortable using nicotine aren't comfortable using cannabis. I'm one of those people for instance. I don't care that other people use it, but I'd never. While I'm aware that there are healthier ways of taking it in than smoking it, the vast majority of users still seem to smoke it though, and as long as they continue to do that it's not good for them, completely discounting it's own negative effects. Of course I'd never smoke cigarettes either. Just personal preference. Again nothing against people who do though. Carry on, smokers.
bumkin: How can you play like 50 games per day... I 4gate 2 times then it's nap time
ChriS-X
Profile Joined June 2011
Malaysia1374 Posts
April 21 2014 09:58 GMT
#573
tried kretek (indonesian clove cigarettes) for the first time. dayum those things are strong
Prev 1 27 28 29 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings55
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE168
Nina 143
ProTech141
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13988
Artosis 627
PianO 36
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
canceldota144
League of Legends
Doublelift4070
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1689
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe85
Other Games
summit1g7021
shahzam563
Day[9].tv492
C9.Mang0393
Maynarde88
Trikslyr70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV155
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur517
• Day9tv492
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 56m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.