• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:54
CEST 15:54
KST 22:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13551 users

Altitude the game - Page 12

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 29 Next All
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
April 12 2009 19:29 GMT
#221
I really wish I had checked this out earlier, I automatically assumed that it wouldn't work on mac. Now I find that there's a mac version, and I've really been missing out.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
theonemephisto
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States409 Posts
April 12 2009 20:13 GMT
#222
On April 13 2009 03:57 tec27 wrote:
Alright then, I'll reconfigure to add a mix of both, since there's desire for both

Edit: Also, how are ping times for everyone? I know GGQ was pinging a bit higher than usual, but my ping time seems to be fairly normal.

From what I've seen pings are pretty good, a bit higher than the official servers though (100ish rather than 40ish). Lag spikes happen, but they do everywhere.
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
April 12 2009 20:59 GMT
#223
It says I need to update my video drivers...

...even though they're as up-to-date as they can get...?
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
April 12 2009 22:08 GMT
#224
I like both. TBD probably more though because I love bombruns.
Peace~
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
April 12 2009 22:08 GMT
#225
FFA cave + Explodet = 2 good
Chau
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada408 Posts
April 12 2009 22:51 GMT
#226
Prefer TBD, since FFA's are just....
You can run around spamming 'f' and get kills. =x
jeppew
Profile Joined April 2009
Sweden471 Posts
April 12 2009 23:01 GMT
#227
FFA's are better for servers with just a few people online, and TBD is basically the reverse. You should put TBD on cycle and then people can vote in FFA when there's fewer people online.

FFA on 14 usually goes to the explodet that snuck around and mined every tight spot and launched missiles at dogfights.
Smorrie
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands2955 Posts
April 12 2009 23:44 GMT
#228
My latest findings:

- FFA is really cool but on small maps (like FFA Hills) it is just too crowded when there's 8+ people.
- FFA definitely is not just spamming f, else the people on top of the list wouldn't be the same ones all the time
- The TL server is awesome! played the longest & best TBD ever on there ^_^; (ppl were at 70~ kills or so!)
- All planes rock, just not in all situations
- Explodet + the remote mines perk = really fun to play
- Playing with the Explodet definitely is harder than it seems
- Loopy & Biplane are awesome and probably the most fun to play overall
- In general all the people on the game all seem pretty friendly except for this 13 yr old kid named "ilovetosuckdick"
- Playing with exalted rocks (if you love it when people express their frustration when things don't go their way ^^)
- regarding TL'ers: Tyr, Eagle, Jeppew & Kaolla seem to be doing pretty good
- I really prefer the repair drone perk over the wing perk, but not everyone does so?
- I'm not quite sure if I like Miranda's laser beam weapon better than its original weapon, but I'm using it anyways
- I think this game has a lot potential and it could be so much more than it is now but I'm afraid the game as we know it now is what it's going to be
It has a strong technique, but it lacks oo.
Syxygy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
558 Posts
April 12 2009 23:58 GMT
#229
Just joined today, I'm bringerofcats on server :D Haven't unlocked the miranda yet T__T
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-13 00:03:59
April 13 2009 00:02 GMT
#230
omg yay, TL server. Too bad it's full

ah, well, I'm auto-joining right now
and don't worry syx, you're not missing out too much. While the miranda is probably the "best" plane, Loopy's the most fun (well...imo obviously)
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
April 13 2009 00:06 GMT
#231
On April 13 2009 08:44 Smorrie wrote:
- Playing with exalted rocks (if you love it when people express their frustration when things don't go their way ^^)


This is so true. Exalted is so funny to play with.
And all is illuminated.
LeperKahn
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Romania1852 Posts
April 13 2009 00:10 GMT
#232
I haven't played on the TL server yet, but I'll make a point of it in the future.
CJ Entusman #14 • http://soundcloud.com/discodinosaur • https://discosaur.bandcamp.com/
excess1ve
Profile Joined January 2008
United States359 Posts
April 13 2009 00:14 GMT
#233
TL server is pretty slick, we should organize ourselves into a clan!
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-13 00:26:45
April 13 2009 00:26 GMT
#234
NOOOOOOOOO

I got into the server and was checking my stats. Then when I wanted to leave the stats page I hit "exit" and closed the game
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3715 Posts
April 13 2009 01:06 GMT
#235
Alright, I think I'm gonna adjust the map rotation based on the comments here and the population (I had no idea the server would be so full all the time, lol ). Gonna leave a couple FFA's in the rotation, but only on the bigger maps. The rest will be TBD, and people can still vote for whatever they want.
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
jeppew
Profile Joined April 2009
Sweden471 Posts
April 13 2009 01:13 GMT
#236
On April 13 2009 08:44 Smorrie wrote:

- regarding TL'ers: Tyr, Eagle, Jeppew & Kaolla seem to be doing pretty good


Finally the recognition i've been waiting for my entire life! *sniff*

On April 13 2009 08:44 Smorrie wrote:
- I'm not quite sure if I like Miranda's laser beam weapon better than its original weapon, but I'm using it anyways


well, the original weapon couldn't kill anyone with just a charged shot, you needed to teleport them afterwards aswell, and the laser is also the only "hitscan" weapon in the game.
i'd say that the laser is much better than the trickster.
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
April 13 2009 01:16 GMT
#237
On April 13 2009 08:44 Smorrie wrote:

- regarding TL'ers: Tyr, Eagle, Jeppew & Kaolla seem to be doing pretty good

Wheres my recognition ; ;
OMG you nasty gurl
Smorrie
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands2955 Posts
April 13 2009 01:46 GMT
#238
@Kuja900: Oh sorry, I just put down some names that came up right away There are more people out there that seem to be doing pretty good.. Those 4 listed I just remembered because I had just played with/against them ^^

@jeppew: The laser is pretty good if you can get a full hit onto someone, I don't think that's possible that often when being in a dog fight with a worthy opponent ^^ Especially because you'll be flying that slow and they know what you're planning to do to them.
It has a strong technique, but it lacks oo.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
April 13 2009 01:49 GMT
#239
On April 13 2009 08:44 Smorrie wrote:
- I really prefer the repair drone perk over the wing perk, but not everyone does so?


Hmm. The wing perk is great with recoiless biplane. You're basically a close combat fighter with EXTREMELY good maniability. Your acceleration is phenomenal and you have very high speed.
It's also very powerful : you can kill a full-life bomber comming in front of you in like 0.5 sec. Anything smaller than a bomber is a piece of cake. Explodets have a lot more life though.
I don't mind going back to the base for repairs if I can't find something on the battlefield.

We've tried reverse thrust with all planes tonight, with armed_ and Falcynn. I think with proper training it can be very powerful. I think it's also very disturbing for the ennemies to see a reverse thrust Explodet (or bomber, lol).


- regarding TL'ers: Tyr, Eagle, Jeppew & Kaolla seem to be doing pretty good


Hey, thanks, you're doing quite good too. :D
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
jeppew
Profile Joined April 2009
Sweden471 Posts
April 13 2009 02:03 GMT
#240
On April 13 2009 10:46 Smorrie wrote:

@jeppew: The laser is pretty good if you can get a full hit onto someone, I don't think that's possible that often when being in a dog fight with a worthy opponent ^^ Especially because you'll be flying that slow and they know what you're planning to do to them.


yeah in a pure 1on1 where your opponent and you are circling eachother you're not going to get a full laser shot in, then it's better to charge smaller shots and use the teleport (it deals ALOT of damage).
but in most situations in TBD and large FFA's you're probably going to deal more damage with the laser than a fully charged trickster, especially when defending in TBD because the one carrying the bomb usually flies in a straight path. but in the end it just comes down to aim.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 262
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 262
mouzHeroMarine 167
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41546
Bisu 2806
Hyuk 1748
Shuttle 1632
Mini 673
EffOrt 601
Larva 481
Soma 428
firebathero 239
ZerO 220
[ Show more ]
hero 115
Last 96
Zeus 69
Sexy 55
sorry 54
Pusan 53
Killer 51
Hyun 47
Bale 36
Trap 33
Hm[arnc] 28
ToSsGirL 26
PianO 26
Aegong 25
zelot 19
Rock 13
yabsab 13
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6655
qojqva1368
Dendi1117
Counter-Strike
fl0m422
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1227
crisheroes871
Lowko416
Liquid`Hasu405
Other Games
gofns41675
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1366
DeMusliM254
Livibee166
Liquid`VortiX136
Hui .118
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS81
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream62
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6510
League of Legends
• Jankos1813
Other Games
• WagamamaTV214
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 6m
INu's Battles
22h 6m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.