• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:40
CEST 02:40
KST 09:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8671 users

[H] DotA items - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 33 34 35 Next All
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
July 13 2007 22:57 GMT
#81
On July 14 2007 03:32 rpf wrote:
I want to share my builds with you guys, and I want to know what you think.

Sniper:
4 tangos/2 circlets/2 gauntlets
finish bracers/bos
alacrity
claymore
lothar's

(Where should I go from here?)

Drow:
Same as above. :/

Clinkz:
Same as above, but I go for mbk instead

Razor/Gorgon

I have trouble here because of chain lightning being spammable, and not having regen items is a bitch.

So, I'm stuck between:

a. 4 tangos/work on 2 bracers

or

b. basilius/4 tangos (should I go headdress after this to even out the regen?)

After that, though, I go:

boots
mael
bot
mjoll

Thoughts?


In all honesty I will let you know ahead of time that some heroes are just never going to be great at games because the only time they really shine is situational. For example gorgon's only real str is her purge and the one hero that she destroys naturally is Naix. She can farm but there's so many more heroes who can outfarm her by threefold at least and are much more useful. And as you probably know nobody uses naix seriously...

A bit of advice: Don't ever lock yourself into an item build other than your core items and your first two bracers. I seem to notice [ and you said earlier ] you like to have basilius and headdress. There is no need for this. There's also no reason to try and cover up everything your hero is missing with items I.E buying a ring of regen cuz your hero has no natural regen skills.

Remember: Items are there to amplify your heroes abilities! And sometimes this does require covering up something your hero is missing contrary to what I just said. But consider this:
Sven's most important item in a competitive game is BKB. But why? He has a stun, he has an armor aura, he can cleave, he even does monster damage. If Sven gets disabled somehow you're potentially missing out on a huge godstrength cleave and his stun that can disable other people.

You'd think that because all he's actually missing is attack speed you'd get a hyperstone asap but you have to understand unlike the hyperstone the BKB helps his entire skillset and amplifies him greatly as a team asset.

Even items like midas are simply there to amplify your hero's abilities later on! Some heroes simply need to farm for the item which will amplify them.

That's how I think when I choose items.

{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
July 14 2007 02:09 GMT
#82
I don't think when I buy items. I'm like HOW CAN I CRUSH THOSE BASTARDS ASAP
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
July 14 2007 05:18 GMT
#83
I guess I just have to learn the items and the heroes. :/ I get the whole buying items to amplify your heroes abilities thing, it's just that some heroes, like sniper and drow, seem to get raped unless they stay with their entire team, which is why I always go Lothar's as quick as I can. It's next to impossible to gank me that way, unless they have a gem or rupture me or something.

And what does the bkb's avatar do?
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
July 14 2007 05:20 GMT
#84
On July 14 2007 11:09 {ToT}Strafe wrote:
I don't think when I buy items. I'm like HOW CAN I CRUSH THOSE BASTARDS ASAP


quoted for truth
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-14 05:23:14
July 14 2007 05:22 GMT
#85
lothar's is such a shitty item for its cost. the enemy puts down a ward for 100 gold and totally nulls your 7 second windwalk. you only need to be in the sight range of the sentry for less than 1 second for the enemy to see the direction you're going in, and you're owned. just go for damage and partner with a disabler or don't do anything stupid -__-;


On July 14 2007 11:09 {ToT}Strafe wrote:
I don't think when I buy items. I'm like HOW CAN I CRUSH THOSE BASTARDS ASAP


qft~!


edit: avatar: magic immunity -- same as naix's ult
Hates Fun🤔
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 14 2007 05:22 GMT
#86
On July 14 2007 11:09 {ToT}Strafe wrote:
I don't think when I buy items. I'm like HOW CAN I CRUSH THOSE BASTARDS ASAP


sounds like a kotl feed plan to me
(oh wait they banned feeding right?)
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
July 14 2007 06:04 GMT
#87
Lothar is 9 second windwalk.

The problems you're experiencing with sniper and drow are not uncommon. It's the game's way of teaching you how to anticipate ganks and how to watch the minimap every 5 seconds or so.

When I play a weak hero like clinkz [ even though he has ww ] drow, sniper, visage [ early ] etc I play in a more aware state of my map positioning. Don't forget that neutral creeping is your friend. And I don't mean using scattershot and drow's ulti [ which you shouldn't get until 10-11 anyway ] to farm but still getting headshot+range and silence+frost so when you do get in team battles you won't be useless. Basically it may sound like I'm telling you to play like a pussy but a sniper in the hands of any good player will take a few shots run in and out of the woods harassing and then teammates will usually come and they assassinate for the kill. That's just the way he is played.

1v1 he out last-hits and just abuses his range. If he runs away you chase [ but don't get baited ] and finish with assassinate. But you can't put all your concentration in this otherwise you get ganked.

See what I mean?
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
July 14 2007 08:53 GMT
#88
yeah feeding is banned

although in pubs u can do it!

which last night me and 3 friends did. we played 4vs5. so we picked THD/KOTL/SF and sven.
After some basic items all we did was feed sven sven was equipped with HOT and Rapier VERY fast
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
July 14 2007 09:31 GMT
#89
who calls it feeding?!
pooling ftw~


btw anyone ever finished someone's rapier by giving them the last item {sacred/clay/demon} and killing them to take it? :d
that would be utterly sexy ;o~~~
Hates Fun🤔
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
July 14 2007 09:48 GMT
#90
haha
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
July 14 2007 10:01 GMT
#91
On July 14 2007 18:31 paper wrote:
who calls it feeding?!
pooling ftw~


btw anyone ever finished someone's rapier by giving them the last item {sacred/clay/demon} and killing them to take it? :d
that would be utterly sexy ;o~~~


yeah, my friend would do that do another friend which just started playing, he didnt even know what happened haha i felt so bad for him
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
July 14 2007 12:07 GMT
#92
I just had a killer techies!, Guinsoo, HOT, MKB, BOT, Skadi, Linken. Roar!
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
July 14 2007 12:07 GMT
#93
Strafe, you and I should play sometime.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
July 14 2007 12:08 GMT
#94
I was 22-1 btw
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
July 14 2007 12:28 GMT
#95
Techies are a bitch.

Magnataur/Razor/Lich I own with, though. :D
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
yisun518
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada480 Posts
July 14 2007 14:59 GMT
#96
On July 14 2007 21:28 rpf wrote:
Techies are a bitch.

Magnataur/Razor/Lich I own with, though. :D


the last sentence kinda put u right at where you belong.....
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
July 14 2007 15:04 GMT
#97
hahaha battle techies ftw ;]
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
July 14 2007 22:56 GMT
#98
well i frequently ask on this forum for a game, but nobody ever replies!
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
July 15 2007 01:40 GMT
#99
Come to op tl-west, but you have to bring some buddies in order to inhouse. Host = US listchecker, so response time should be playable at least.

I think I saw you on BW last time but probably afk.
('''(G_G/'''')
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
July 15 2007 02:52 GMT
#100
i have no buddies sowwy
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 131
NeuroSwarm 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12157
Rain 2094
Artosis 605
Bale 14
League of Legends
Doublelift3984
Counter-Strike
taco 90
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox637
Mew2King203
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1037
Other Games
summit1g9003
Day[9].tv673
shahzam617
JimRising 499
PiGStarcraft269
C9.Mang0249
ArmadaUGS83
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 144
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv673
• Scarra580
• Shiphtur183
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 20m
OSC
21h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.