• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:40
CEST 02:40
KST 09:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8684 users

[H] DotA items - Page 35

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 All
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
February 09 2008 00:10 GMT
#681
Strafe how'd that 1v1 turn out?
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
February 09 2008 01:22 GMT
#682
The girl backed out when I picked SF vs viper;(

Played another 1;1 for 250$ which was RAPE.

I also heard from reliable sources that testie considers himself much better than RobbieV at dota. Lulz
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-09 02:08:26
February 09 2008 02:08 GMT
#683
I thought you were going for sniper?
Either way, he wouldn't agree to any other hero? There's plenty that could beat viper.

Edit: Grats, I wish I could win money from dota 1v1's =/
BottleAbuser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)1888 Posts
February 09 2008 03:43 GMT
#684
Wards counter wards. And they cost 200 for you to buy, too. People seem to forget this, especially when I'm playing techies.
Compilers are like boyfriends, you miss a period and they go crazy on you.
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
February 09 2008 03:55 GMT
#685
True. I considered just buying a set of wards, and using them to sweep specific areas of the map for their wards.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
February 09 2008 06:41 GMT
#686
Unfortunately wards don't counter Necro3 though. Stupid blastard (on warlock) had to ruin my jungle denying Q_Q;;
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 09 2008 17:51 GMT
#687
On February 09 2008 11:08 Ack1027 wrote:
I thought you were going for sniper?
Either way, he wouldn't agree to any other hero? There's plenty that could beat viper.

Edit: Grats, I wish I could win money from dota 1v1's =/


In 5s definitely, Viper is (still) pretty widely used in 1v1s because orb walk is so effective against solos.
Get it by your hands...
FrEaK[S.sIR]
Profile Joined October 2002
2373 Posts
February 10 2008 01:08 GMT
#688
On February 09 2008 10:22 {ToT}Strafe wrote:
The girl backed out when I picked SF vs viper;(

Played another 1;1 for 250$ which was RAPE.

I also heard from reliable sources that testie considers himself much better than RobbieV at dota. Lulz


"how do you lie so much?

I never said you sucked, but you asked me if we play a 1v1 dota match (because I was looking for action) what odds i'd give u, i thought about it for a second and said 2-1, you said okay how about for $500, and i said sure.

I thought this was same hero vs same hero match (this is actually to YOUR advantage), but you wanted to do different heroes. Right then and there I reserved the right to deny any hero because there are a shit load of combos.

We talked about my hero being viper because he is one of the best solo heroes. Then you gave this pool of heroes: silencer/sniper/Terrorblade, krobelus, medusa, luna. I lol'ed and agreed to it because this is a horrible pool of heroes and i know there's no way you can micro the silencer correctly even though he could take viper.

I bugged you for a day+ about what hero. You then told me that you'd be sniper. I then tried to message you for 1-2 days asking when we would play.

You then told me you said you didn't want to do sniper, and you wanted to do shadowfiend. Now having gone against the pool you said and the hero you chose, you picked the single hero I did not want to play against (see back to in the beginning where i reserved the right to deny any hero). But I was still going to give you action on shadowfiend, but because you chose SF I had to do a couple of practice games to see the build I was going to do. SF is not as good as viper, but is MUCH easier to CS with than viper and if he gets an early game advantage and a quick bottle and plays half-way decently I could have a much harder time. I was still confident I could beat him, i just needed to figure out my build.

1/31/2008 1:21:17 AM Robbie Evan alright lets paly saturday then
1/31/2008 1:21:25 AM Robbie Evan im going to my parents for 2 days gonna play on laptop whichs ucks a bit
1/31/2008 1:21:28 AM Robbie Evan saturday im back

(This is us talking on wednesday going into thursday)

On thursday evening I saw mig/rob were on, I messaged both of them wanting to know if they wanted to play with me and 2 friends. Mig then insta said "why are u backing out of ur bet game with robbie", etc etc. Rob told mig lies and mig was heckling me, rob then told me lies and was heckling me, they called me out on not playing him then and there.

they didn't stop, i went on serious tilt, for some reason I had to explain my actions numerous times? After this went on for a good period of time and it was the most unreal retarded 3-way convo where rob didnt stop lying to me and kept lying about things that mig said to him about me (i hope ) I finally said fuck off, this has been dragged out and changed long enough and not fun anymore, and blocked him.

rob is a huge faggot and took all of the fun out of something really simple.

he lies more than some american girls say 'like' =[

I only called you a faggot, mig was lied to by you and we straightened it out at the end (i think?)

....

hi strafe"



Can't believe Strafe is actually spreading this shit where Frink isn't present.

http://www.liquidpoker.net/information/f/399123/5/AA_3way_vs_Daut.html - Page 5 onward.

For some reason Strafe feels the next to say this shit to anybody who will listen. It's easy to slander somebody's name when they aren't around to defend themselves.

Could you be more of a douchebag?

Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
February 10 2008 01:16 GMT
#689
I see.

Well to be fair, I did only get one side of the story. I had no idea it was with TL/LiquidPoker people.
He asked me for 1v1 help, which I gave of course because I would give that to anyone just out of goodness.

Thanks for clearing that up I guess. I always felt like whatever strafe said was a bit shady only from reading his blog/dumb adventures with girls. However, FrinkX has always, ALWAYS been a douchebag no matter what I'm reading from him.

I was actually offered a part in this where I could win money, if I had known it was Frink to begin with I would've played that shit that very day, but whatever seems like this is a huge misunderstanding/debacle so hopefully you guys sort it out and one guy owns another and wins money like was originally supposed to happen.

Btw, I don't really know the level of your guys play but Shadowfiend almost certainly will destroy Viper 1v1 mid lane imo.
FrEaK[S.sIR]
Profile Joined October 2002
2373 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-10 01:27:14
February 10 2008 01:25 GMT
#690
Frink has an issue with being too emotional, cocky and easily angered a lot. He can be a huge douchebag. I'm friends with him and I recently didn't talk to him for a week and a half because he was being an asshole.

I don't know him to be much of a liar though. Tendency towards being a douchebag and being dishonest aren't the same.

If you want to play Frink I can see if it can be set up, if you'd like


Other than that I just thought it was unfair that only 1 side was being told. Just wanted to let both sides get their say.
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-10 12:54:08
February 10 2008 12:50 GMT
#691
How is one side told? I haven't told anything, didn't even mention frinkx's name. No matter how you want to twist the story, the result is that he got challenged, accepted and backed out. I really don't want to repeat the same bullshit over and over(liquidpoker, msn)

Edit; I didn't even see that freak actually brought it up instead of Frinkx. Totally unnecessary and please don't let him bring the drama here.
FrEaK[S.sIR]
Profile Joined October 2002
2373 Posts
February 11 2008 01:53 GMT
#692
Brought it up? You aren't very smart are you?

It got brought up here, it was talked about here, you have been talking about it to people not involved and who didn't even know who was involved.

Even Ack makes it clear that you told him plenty. Frink didn't get to say anything.

Can you be any more dense? You want to talk about unnecessary? How about your usual conduct? Get a clue.
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
February 11 2008 03:14 GMT
#693
DotA AND Drama. This is too good.

Where's my popcorn?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Prev 1 33 34 35 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 131
NeuroSwarm 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12157
Rain 2094
Artosis 605
Bale 14
League of Legends
Doublelift3984
Counter-Strike
taco 90
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox637
Mew2King203
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1037
Other Games
summit1g9003
Day[9].tv673
shahzam617
JimRising 499
PiGStarcraft269
C9.Mang0249
ArmadaUGS83
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 144
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv673
• Scarra580
• Shiphtur183
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 20m
OSC
21h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.