• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:25
CEST 04:25
KST 11:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6106 users

[wow] Warlords of Draenor - Page 471

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 469 470 471 472 473 591 Next
Add yourself to the player list
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
April 11 2015 09:35 GMT
#9401
On April 10 2015 00:59 Teoita wrote:
Fingers crossed for a few months of gametime at hilarious discount, paid for with ingame currency i get just by half arsing their facebook game...

I'm honestly surprised the price isn't 50k or something stupidly high. I see people talking about how their garrisons provide thousands a day, farming old raids get x thousand, i had this impression everyone was sitting on a million gold and toss it around like candy to save irl money
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-11 09:49:15
April 11 2015 09:45 GMT
#9402
On April 11 2015 18:35 lestye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 00:59 Teoita wrote:
Fingers crossed for a few months of gametime at hilarious discount, paid for with ingame currency i get just by half arsing their facebook game...

I'm honestly surprised the price isn't 50k or something stupidly high. I see people talking about how their garrisons provide thousands a day, farming old raids get x thousand, i had this impression everyone was sitting on a million gold and toss it around like candy to save irl money


The top ~2-10% is

you don't hear about the majority
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
April 11 2015 09:49 GMT
#9403
I saw someone mention another point that might help explain the 'low' price of a token. Most of the rich players are older and have jobs, 15 a month is pretty much inconsequential to them so they don't bother buying the tokens to save the money.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
April 11 2015 10:40 GMT
#9404
I am broke, but I have like 250k Gold, can I use that to re-activate my account or does that only work if you want to extend an account that already has a subscription? Is the token system even online in EU yet?
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
April 11 2015 10:58 GMT
#9405
You can reactive your account with tokens when they come to EU.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
April 11 2015 12:04 GMT
#9406
Yeah, but how can I get one? Can I use the website to buy one via ingame-gold?
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
April 11 2015 12:19 GMT
#9407
On April 11 2015 21:04 SixStrings wrote:
Yeah, but how can I get one? Can I use the website to buy one via ingame-gold?

have you tried google? Cause the answer is right there.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
April 11 2015 12:22 GMT
#9408
On April 11 2015 21:04 SixStrings wrote:
Yeah, but how can I get one? Can I use the website to buy one via ingame-gold?


As far as I know, you'll be able to buy them off the log in screen, either via a link to battle.net or something.

Being able to reactivate accounts via in game gold was one of Blizzard's main motives for the service in the first place. It's a way to get older players to come back and get hooked again.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
April 11 2015 13:17 GMT
#9409
I don't know... I made over 70k on my only character since WoD launched, only solo cataclysm raids and I don't even have a 700/700 crafting profession, making money isn't hard.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
April 11 2015 14:02 GMT
#9410
On April 11 2015 21:22 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2015 21:04 SixStrings wrote:
Yeah, but how can I get one? Can I use the website to buy one via ingame-gold?


As far as I know, you'll be able to buy them off the log in screen, either via a link to battle.net or something.

Being able to reactivate accounts via in game gold was one of Blizzard's main motives for the service in the first place. It's a way to get older players to come back and get hooked again.


Thanks, that's good to know.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-11 14:54:05
April 11 2015 14:11 GMT
#9411
On April 11 2015 22:17 digmouse wrote:
I don't know... I made over 70k on my only character since WoD launched, only solo cataclysm raids and I don't even have a 700/700 crafting profession, making money isn't hard.


I thought cata raids would actually be good money, it wasn't really in my experience. I went to firelands 25 with i600 gear, took like >30 mins to kill everything and came out 2k richer.

Maybe with i660 and adding DS into the mix it's good gold - does heroic setting change much for gold reward?

Having a 700/700 crafting profession doesn't actually really help you that much. You can craft everything from 1/700 skill.

Also, 70k is pennies considering you'd have spent 100k already for subs since WOD launched at this point - and you have raid upkeep costs as well as new gear. It's still like 50k for a solid piece.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
April 11 2015 14:56 GMT
#9412
On April 11 2015 23:11 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2015 22:17 digmouse wrote:
I don't know... I made over 70k on my only character since WoD launched, only solo cataclysm raids and I don't even have a 700/700 crafting profession, making money isn't hard.


I thought cata raids would actually be good money, it wasn't really in my experience. I went to firelands 25 with i600 gear, took like >30 mins to kill everything and came out 2k richer.

Maybe with i660 and adding DS into the mix it's good gold - does heroic setting change much for gold reward?

Having a 700/700 crafting profession doesn't actually really help you that much. You can craft everything from 1/700 skill.

Also, 70k is pennies considering you'd have spent 100k already for subs since WOD launched at this point - and you have raid upkeep costs as well as new gear. It's still like 50k for a solid piece.


Heroic changes to gold per boss from 50g to 250g its actually pretty huge
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-11 15:58:48
April 11 2015 15:51 GMT
#9413
Dunno, my raid upkeep costs are 0. My garrisons provide all the herbs I need to make my flasks, guild bank handles repairs. I have enchanter building to keep myself stocked with mats for that, I have my own JC alt. It's like..there aren't any ways to sensible spend money.

It's not about the total amount what X amount of months would have costed, it's about how much income you have within a month and for me, with 3 garrisons, of which 1 is pretty much maxed out (~20 guys 675ilvl, 8 treasure hunters), 1 is halfway there and one is starting to build the treasure hunter base, I've mde more than a month's worth of token gold within a week, although I did also do a lot of instance dailies, because I love 5mans.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
April 11 2015 17:00 GMT
#9414
If you do old cata raids, be sure to do them on 25 heroic. The difference is huge.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-11 22:55:07
April 11 2015 22:50 GMT
#9415
My garrisons provide all the herbs I need to make my flasks


I have enchanter building to keep myself stocked


I have my own JC alt


Your raid upkeep costs are thousands of gold of opportunity cost, you're just looking at it in a flawed way.

Thanks for info on 25h - i just found that with i600 gear, a few bosses were wrecking me as MM hunter going in blind. With doubled DPS (like i630-650) it would be so much easier
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
April 11 2015 22:58 GMT
#9416
On April 12 2015 07:50 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
My garrisons provide all the herbs I need to make my flasks


Show nested quote +
I have enchanter building to keep myself stocked


Show nested quote +
I have my own JC alt


Your raid upkeep costs are thousands of gold of opportunity cost, you're just looking at it in a flawed way.

Thanks for info on 25h - i just found that with i600 gear, a few bosses were wrecking me as MM hunter going in blind. With doubled DPS (like i630-650) it would be so much easier

as a hunter it should be pretty easy lol
only bosses i had any trouble with were Nefarian and Sinestra, even Spine of DW is pretty easy if you go in with a game plan
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-11 23:07:15
April 11 2015 23:01 GMT
#9417
On April 12 2015 07:58 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2015 07:50 Cyro wrote:
My garrisons provide all the herbs I need to make my flasks


I have enchanter building to keep myself stocked


I have my own JC alt


Your raid upkeep costs are thousands of gold of opportunity cost, you're just looking at it in a flawed way.

Thanks for info on 25h - i just found that with i600 gear, a few bosses were wrecking me as MM hunter going in blind. With doubled DPS (like i630-650) it would be so much easier

as a hunter it should be pretty easy lol
only bosses i had any trouble with were Nefarian and Sinestra, even Spine of DW is pretty easy if you go in with a game plan


I did firelands, that patrolling boss wasn't possible until i googled the causes of the 30 second stuns and avoided both of them (if i got hit by either it was guaranteed death with no character control). Some of the incoming damage was pretty heavy with no source of healing and i kept pulling threat from pet. There's a lot of stuff that i could probably do with a proper spec, a lot was faceroll but other stuff wasn't. I died like 5 times from various silly things, even stunlock mechanic on one of the trash near blind dragon boss destroyed me :D

i600 vs 670 is really a joke though. You do like 2.5x as much damage and have more health, etc.

The tokens are stabilizing pretty well at ~22.5k
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
April 11 2015 23:32 GMT
#9418
On April 12 2015 07:50 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
My garrisons provide all the herbs I need to make my flasks


Show nested quote +
I have enchanter building to keep myself stocked


Show nested quote +
I have my own JC alt


Your raid upkeep costs are thousands of gold of opportunity cost, you're just looking at it in a flawed way.


The time spent to do these things on my own compared to turning those materials into gold through AH is so much less. I don't have to follow the market, don't need to do several rounds of undercutting to get the profit out of it and then use the money to hunt the lower priced deal to get it for me cheaper. I'm saving time and effort and I'm still gaining gold in the process. Even if I had to buy everything from the AH, the cost per week of raiding wouldn't be even near thousands of gold at the moment. And I would still somehow need to get that gold.
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
April 12 2015 04:21 GMT
#9419
Sinestra is probably un-soloable for hunters due to no way to deal with Wreck, Nefarian too, can't tank the skeletons for long enough, the rest of the cataclysm raids are easy deal at least on 10 Heroic, some 25 Heroic bosses needs some ilvl to move through (Baleroc requires you to kill him before the first dark blade, twin dragon in BoT requires you to kill them before 2nd Blackout pops as the 260k damage is not squished).
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
April 12 2015 05:30 GMT
#9420
On April 12 2015 13:21 digmouse wrote:
Sinestra is probably un-soloable for hunters due to no way to deal with Wreck, Nefarian too, can't tank the skeletons for long enough, the rest of the cataclysm raids are easy deal at least on 10 Heroic, some 25 Heroic bosses needs some ilvl to move through (Baleroc requires you to kill him before the first dark blade, twin dragon in BoT requires you to kill them before 2nd Blackout pops as the 260k damage is not squished).

erm... you can stand in melee range with lone wolf to not get Wreck
As a priest i've never noticed any issues but its kinda silly when I heal for 8 million whenever I apply a Devouring Plague
Prev 1 469 470 471 472 473 591 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings173
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 232
Terrorterran 18
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift5857
JimRising 720
Counter-Strike
taco 241
minikerr40
Other Games
summit1g13225
C9.Mang0459
PiLiPiLi16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1165
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP182
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 35m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 35m
Replay Cast
20h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.