• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:41
CEST 07:41
KST 14:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7810 users

[wow] Warlords of Draenor - Page 451

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 449 450 451 452 453 591 Next
Add yourself to the player list
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 12 2015 15:36 GMT
#9001
On March 13 2015 00:33 bo1b wrote:
Demo isn't even half as complicated now as it was in mop :\ wtb snapshotting, pst.

In all honesty a lot of the problems you might be having could be solved with a good ui, mainly something to track trinket procs.


I already do that just fine with the default UI. How else am I supposed to know when to use charge 2 of DS?
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 12 2015 15:44 GMT
#9002
On March 13 2015 00:36 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 00:33 bo1b wrote:
Demo isn't even half as complicated now as it was in mop :\ wtb snapshotting, pst.

In all honesty a lot of the problems you might be having could be solved with a good ui, mainly something to track trinket procs.


I already do that just fine with the default UI. How else am I supposed to know when to use charge 2 of DS?

This is one of those statements where I literally can't tell if I just got trolled or not. Nice.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-12 15:52:19
March 12 2015 15:51 GMT
#9003
On March 13 2015 00:44 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 00:36 deth2munkies wrote:
On March 13 2015 00:33 bo1b wrote:
Demo isn't even half as complicated now as it was in mop :\ wtb snapshotting, pst.

In all honesty a lot of the problems you might be having could be solved with a good ui, mainly something to track trinket procs.


I already do that just fine with the default UI. How else am I supposed to know when to use charge 2 of DS?

This is one of those statements where I literally can't tell if I just got trolled or not. Nice.


Turn off healing on scrolling combat text and it's blatantly obvious both on the text and on the buff bar that a trinket has procced. You also get a sense for it based on where you are in the fight if you've done the fight a bunch. It's really not that hard. Do you really need a GIANT FUCKING FLASHING BAR/ICON to tell you that it happened?

It used to be that you really needed addons to do all of this stuff, but Blizzard has appropriated so much of it into the default UI that it's not really necessary anymore.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-12 15:56:59
March 12 2015 15:56 GMT
#9004
I also like doing it as close to blizz ui as possible, but damn 2piece prot(warr) makes me really want an uptime shower for shieldblock, that's not far up in a corner.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 12 2015 15:58 GMT
#9005
On March 13 2015 00:51 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 00:44 bo1b wrote:
On March 13 2015 00:36 deth2munkies wrote:
On March 13 2015 00:33 bo1b wrote:
Demo isn't even half as complicated now as it was in mop :\ wtb snapshotting, pst.

In all honesty a lot of the problems you might be having could be solved with a good ui, mainly something to track trinket procs.


I already do that just fine with the default UI. How else am I supposed to know when to use charge 2 of DS?

This is one of those statements where I literally can't tell if I just got trolled or not. Nice.


Turn off healing on scrolling combat text and it's blatantly obvious both on the text and on the buff bar that a trinket has procced. You also get a sense for it based on where you are in the fight if you've done the fight a bunch. It's really not that hard. Do you really need a GIANT FUCKING FLASHING BAR/ICON to tell you that it happened?

It used to be that you really needed addons to do all of this stuff, but Blizzard has appropriated so much of it into the default UI that it's not really necessary anymore.

Depends what spec you play, with demo playing cataclysm against say mythic beast lord I have the following short term procs I need to be aware of, as well as wildly swinging fury to utilise. So, juggling ring proc, wep enchant, two rppm trinkets, grimoire of synergy, any cooldowns I have and how many molten core procs and how much fury and how many stacks of hog I have if any is pretty far beyond what I can track using the default ui. Demonology that doesn't select demonbolt as it's talent benefits incredibly from paying very close attention to trinkets, since going into metamorphosis is a huge damage buff upon a certain amount of mastery.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-12 16:00:57
March 12 2015 15:59 GMT
#9006
Meh you can have a buff bar for procs only, in a more reasonable place than the fucking top left of the screen. The giant flashy uis that some people use i agree are overkill, but the Blizzard default one is too far on the other end of the spectrum imo.

Currently i'm more or less just using the default ui, but i moved the frames to be in the middle of the screen where i also have a few small weakauras for procs and general rotation stuff.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 12 2015 16:01 GMT
#9007
I'll just say that there isn't a top end warlock anywhere in any stream/video that doesn't have a trinket timer of some sort.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 12 2015 16:04 GMT
#9008
Basically, Affliction has to worry about Weapon proc, Ring proc, 1 trinket Proc, and Nightfall. Mythic Shards of Nothing is still BIS, so macroing that into Dark Soul makes it one less proc to not worry about. Also given that Affliction stacks haste and DS gives you 20% more, it makes it MORE likely that your other shit will proc once you use DS, so using a 2nd charge of DS on the first of whatever 3 items proc is all you really have to worry about.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 12 2015 16:07 GMT
#9009
On March 13 2015 01:04 deth2munkies wrote:
Basically, Affliction has to worry about Weapon proc, Ring proc, 1 trinket Proc, and Nightfall. Mythic Shards of Nothing is still BIS, so macroing that into Dark Soul makes it one less proc to not worry about. Also given that Affliction stacks haste and DS gives you 20% more, it makes it MORE likely that your other shit will proc once you use DS, so using a 2nd charge of DS on the first of whatever 3 items proc is all you really have to worry about.

With 4 piece and enough haste you can maintain soulburn haunt nearly permanently, and since snapshotting is no longer a thing the rotation ironically gets stupidly easy the more gear you get. I'd imagine at 701 ilvl with sockets on everything that you could literally maintain darksoul permanently.

Aff compared to say destoro which has enourmous benefits with throwing chaos bolt/shadow burn out under procs just doesn't have anything like the amount needed to track.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 12 2015 16:41 GMT
#9010
On March 13 2015 01:07 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 01:04 deth2munkies wrote:
Basically, Affliction has to worry about Weapon proc, Ring proc, 1 trinket Proc, and Nightfall. Mythic Shards of Nothing is still BIS, so macroing that into Dark Soul makes it one less proc to not worry about. Also given that Affliction stacks haste and DS gives you 20% more, it makes it MORE likely that your other shit will proc once you use DS, so using a 2nd charge of DS on the first of whatever 3 items proc is all you really have to worry about.

With 4 piece and enough haste you can maintain soulburn haunt nearly permanently, and since snapshotting is no longer a thing the rotation ironically gets stupidly easy the more gear you get. I'd imagine at 701 ilvl with sockets on everything that you could literally maintain darksoul permanently.

Aff compared to say destoro which has enourmous benefits with throwing chaos bolt/shadow burn out under procs just doesn't have anything like the amount needed to track.


I've tried 2pc and 4pc, there is definitely a lot of downtime on Haunt. You can usually keep SBH up, but not SBH and Haunt.
nimbim
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany986 Posts
March 12 2015 23:24 GMT
#9011
Finally killed Blackhand HC :D
I just hope we have enough time left to do most Mythic BRF fights before the next patch comes. I've only seen a few Mythic videos and Operator Thogar seemed pretty fun, so I want to get at least that far. Any other Mythic fights I should look forward to (as a healer)?
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
March 12 2015 23:36 GMT
#9012
On March 13 2015 08:24 nimbim wrote:
Finally killed Blackhand HC :D
I just hope we have enough time left to do most Mythic BRF fights before the next patch comes. I've only seen a few Mythic videos and Operator Thogar seemed pretty fun, so I want to get at least that far. Any other Mythic fights I should look forward to (as a healer)?

As a healer I haven't enjoyed any fight other than hans tbh
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-12 23:43:00
March 12 2015 23:41 GMT
#9013
On March 13 2015 08:36 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 08:24 nimbim wrote:
Finally killed Blackhand HC :D
I just hope we have enough time left to do most Mythic BRF fights before the next patch comes. I've only seen a few Mythic videos and Operator Thogar seemed pretty fun, so I want to get at least that far. Any other Mythic fights I should look forward to (as a healer)?

As a healer I haven't enjoyed any fight other than hans tbh

thank you.

I was ranting the other night in a raid at how boring most of the fights in BRF are from a healer perspective. No real interesting mechanics or decision making just spam filler spells for 10 minutes. I'm not sure Highmaul was any better, but at least it felt more fun because of the 'new passion' for WoW again after a 6 years hiatus.

I might be full of shit and just losing interest which is making me overly harsh.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
March 12 2015 23:51 GMT
#9014
On March 13 2015 08:41 crms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 08:36 Drazerk wrote:
On March 13 2015 08:24 nimbim wrote:
Finally killed Blackhand HC :D
I just hope we have enough time left to do most Mythic BRF fights before the next patch comes. I've only seen a few Mythic videos and Operator Thogar seemed pretty fun, so I want to get at least that far. Any other Mythic fights I should look forward to (as a healer)?

As a healer I haven't enjoyed any fight other than hans tbh

thank you.

I was ranting the other night in a raid at how boring most of the fights in BRF are from a healer perspective. No real interesting mechanics or decision making just spam filler spells for 10 minutes. I'm not sure Highmaul was any better, but at least it felt more fun because of the 'new passion' for WoW again after a 6 years hiatus.

I might be full of shit and just losing interest which is making me overly harsh.


Na raids are terrible for healers these days so many dumb mechanics that add nothing
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
March 13 2015 01:08 GMT
#9015
It's very boring in general since in raids someone living or dying depends very little on healing and is mostly their own fault.
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
March 13 2015 01:30 GMT
#9016
On March 13 2015 10:08 pachi wrote:
It's very boring in general since in raids someone living or dying depends very little on healing and is mostly their own fault.

Exactly there is nothing to heal anymore its either 1 shot or full health
nimbim
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany986 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-13 02:11:07
March 13 2015 02:07 GMT
#9017
Well, of course healing is just matching the damage blizz put into the encounter 1:1, dps is just hitting your buttons without going (too) brain afk and tanking is just moving to the required positions in time without going brain afk. I'm not interested in that kind of information lol. Idk why you guys play WoW if you think like that.

I play a resto shaman and our weakspot is movement. I enjoy fights that involve lots of movement, because it challenges me to really optimize all of my movements, otherwise my output goes down dramatically. I like to go OOM and share the pain with my fellow healers, so we have to find a way to save mana for x and who does what when/where beyond the thoughtless 1st HTT, 2nd Tranq and so on.
I should also point out that I always go on the ship at Iron Maidens, up the 2nd level in Blackhand 2nd phase etc, simply because I like having to deal with lots of extra issues. For example, a healer who doesn't go in the smash during Blackhand has very little to do besides keeping people in range and watching 1 timer, but I have to deal with literally every mechanic, thus the fight can be more interesting than it seems at first glance.

I think Operator Thogar Mythic looks interesting because of all the movement and positioning involved in it, just like Hans&Franz. I don't know what to expect from most Mythic BRF fights yet, so maybe there are Mythic abilities that induce chaos into the raid etc? I guess I should have specified it like that, I didn't expect the healer hate lol.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
March 13 2015 02:35 GMT
#9018
On March 13 2015 11:07 nimbim wrote:
Well, of course healing is just matching the damage blizz put into the encounter 1:1, dps is just hitting your buttons without going (too) brain afk and tanking is just moving to the required positions in time without going brain afk. I'm not interested in that kind of information lol. Idk why you guys play WoW if you think like that.

I play a resto shaman and our weakspot is movement. I enjoy fights that involve lots of movement, because it challenges me to really optimize all of my movements, otherwise my output goes down dramatically. I like to go OOM and share the pain with my fellow healers, so we have to find a way to save mana for x and who does what when/where beyond the thoughtless 1st HTT, 2nd Tranq and so on.
I should also point out that I always go on the ship at Iron Maidens, up the 2nd level in Blackhand 2nd phase etc, simply because I like having to deal with lots of extra issues. For example, a healer who doesn't go in the smash during Blackhand has very little to do besides keeping people in range and watching 1 timer, but I have to deal with literally every mechanic, thus the fight can be more interesting than it seems at first glance.

I think Operator Thogar Mythic looks interesting because of all the movement and positioning involved in it, just like Hans&Franz. I don't know what to expect from most Mythic BRF fights yet, so maybe there are Mythic abilities that induce chaos into the raid etc? I guess I should have specified it like that, I didn't expect the healer hate lol.


I've played as a healer since TBC's launch and i'd say healing in WoD is the worst its ever been in terms of enjoyment its kinda hard to place why but it is really only fights like Butcher / Grull / Brackenspore / Kromog that have anything to do.

To put it this way we were doing heroic brf tonight so some people could get their 710 rings and half way through Train boss 2 of our healers started bitching that there was simply nothing to heal so we got the dps to stand in the aoe mines to alleviate boredom and it was the exact same issue with Maidens. Healing is fine when I can actually heal stuff and having done 4 bosses on mythic now it doesn't really get much better (Although i'll concede that mythic flamebender is really fun to heal just because it is a constant stream of oh fuck everyone is going to die).

As far as movement goes I play priest so movement doesn't effect me in the slightest and most guilds run at least 2 hunters so I don't think any healer is affected by movement mechanics anymore.
hootsushi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany3468 Posts
March 13 2015 03:00 GMT
#9019
On March 11 2015 12:11 Drazerk wrote:
This garona quest is probably the worst thing I've ever done in WoW


This quest is fucking aids. Not even kidding. Do yourself a favor and let someone from another realm invite you so all guards despawn. Don't even try this trash quest.
KingDime
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada750 Posts
March 13 2015 06:51 GMT
#9020
little late, but knocked out m-imp finally. Very fun fight.
Doom Guy
Prev 1 449 450 451 452 453 591 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 141
-ZergGirl 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1932
910 70
sorry 47
Bale 38
NotJumperer 18
yabsab 14
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox644
Mew2King38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor132
Other Games
summit1g6928
WinterStarcraft406
PiGStarcraft267
C9.Mang0259
Sick197
Livibee162
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick634
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream232
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2314
League of Legends
• Stunt446
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 20m
Stellar Fest
7h 20m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.