• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:03
CEST 10:03
KST 17:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6944 users

War Thunder - Come check it out - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
May 24 2013 15:25 GMT
#81
I don't know if it's supported, but there's probably enough functions to work. Left stick controls the plane, right stick control looking around, triggers control machine gun/cannon, a button to control bombs/torpedoes... yea should be enough.

Why don't you want to use the mouse though? It generally regarded as better and more forgiving than it should be, and OP compared to other methods.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 24 2013 15:29 GMT
#82
Just not how I am used to playing for years.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
May 24 2013 15:33 GMT
#83
On May 25 2013 00:29 Torte de Lini wrote:
Just not how I am used to playing for years.


this is a layout that might work

left stick for steering the plane
right stick for looking
LT MGs
RT canons
LB braking
RB acceleration
the other 4 buttons you'll need for rockets, bombs, changing positions in bombers, flaps
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 24 2013 21:58 GMT
#84
I'm going to give this a try either tonight or tomorrow! Hopefully its comfortable, but thus far, I like the game, just the controls are difficult for me (not bad in general, just new!)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 04:25:34
May 25 2013 02:58 GMT
#85
Here's what I have for my Xbox controller, it's very similar to how I play Ace Combat, but there are more controls, so I had to accomodate. I didn't know what flaps or reload gun often happened, so I improvied:


Right now, I have:

Right-trigger to go
Left-Trigger to stop
Left/right button to Yaw

A for Guns
B for Cannons
Y to Target
X to toggle Flaps

Dpad-Down is drop bombs
Dpad-Left/Right is for next/prev target
Left-Stick press is Missiles
Right-Stick press is Airbrake
Back/Start for Maps/Statistics
Right/Left Button Press is Reload Guns

I still have room for Left-Stick/Right-Stick press combination for something
and any various combos like that



Fixed it.
But the planes swerves left and right a lot, is that part of the "real factor"

Meaning, I'll speed up or slow down or dive hard and it always seems to shake left and right in a direction before stabilizing.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
May 25 2013 18:16 GMT
#86
It gets better with better planes. The shitty planes are pretty shitty imo.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 25 2013 20:00 GMT
#87
Which mode is the most popular? HB, arcade or...?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
May 25 2013 20:06 GMT
#88
arcade is most popular
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 25 2013 20:11 GMT
#89
Which do you guys play?

I'm TorteDeLini in-game, I just did the three basic tutorials and ready to at least see what's like to play.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
May 25 2013 20:28 GMT
#90
a mix of arcade and HB.

best start with arcade to get a feeling for the controls and the planes. then later on you can switch to HB.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 21:29:17
May 25 2013 20:40 GMT
#91
I just found the test aircraft area.

I'm assuming all the first planes are generally the same, they turn pretty well and I like their feel a bit more.

Gonna start with arcade, yeah. I feel the whole interface is really daunting.


So useful: http://guidescroll.com/2013/03/war-thunder-beginners-faq/
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 17:39:21
May 26 2013 17:21 GMT
#92
Ok, Reached ranked 2 as Japan. Contemplating what to buy as I don't like the idea of paying for repairs out of real money (especially when I crash at least once or twice a match).

edit: Soviet Russia pretty damn good O_O

How bad is the Premium advantage both in currency and have a premium account?

Also: are the modifications worth putting in? Even for the reserve planes?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 20:44:04
May 26 2013 20:43 GMT
#93
there is an option to not pay for the repairs in the lower left corner. instead of paying money for repairs you'll have to wait a certain time depending on your crew skills.

the japanese tech tree is fairly new so it's not really fleshed out and imho japanese planes are not really good in the game. Russians are probably the easiest to start with.

premium account gives you 50% more credits and two times the experience
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 26 2013 22:55 GMT
#94
Yeah, I like the Russian planes as well. Tough choice to make.

Is HB more cost-efficient in terms of earning more money through play? If I'm using reserve planes, the cost is 0 while the gain could be more perhaps?

Anything in premium that makes it pay-2-win? I see some planes are earned through gift or premium only...
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Energycore
Profile Joined May 2013
Mexico56 Posts
May 26 2013 23:25 GMT
#95
I tried out War Thunder and fount it out to be a very fun game. The problem is I am terrible at flying planes

It's a fun game nonetheless. I got up to ranks 2-3 and tried some of the planes in there. Seems like the ability to field many planes has a very big impact in the game, causing more commitment than a game in World Of Tanks.

I personally prefer the no respawn system - it is less forgiving which makes it more fun
Victory is ours! Let's go home.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 26 2013 23:43 GMT
#96
On May 27 2013 08:25 Energycore wrote:
I tried out War Thunder and fount it out to be a very fun game. The problem is I am terrible at flying planes

It's a fun game nonetheless. I got up to ranks 2-3 and tried some of the planes in there. Seems like the ability to field many planes has a very big impact in the game, causing more commitment than a game in World Of Tanks.

I personally prefer the no respawn system - it is less forgiving which makes it more fun


Honestly, I played a shitton last night and died twice per game, one or two hits.
today, I die once and killed a plane and some land vehicles.

Just takes time :B
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 00:06:15
May 27 2013 00:02 GMT
#97
Anyone want to start a clan or something for TL War Thunder? I feel there aren't many of us and it's tough to meet new people ):

edit: I thought it'd be cool if you could be two in a bomber too ):
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
May 27 2013 00:43 GMT
#98
I'm trying to get a hold of you in game torte ;P
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 00:48:11
May 27 2013 00:47 GMT
#99
I just realized that your username is like perfect for War Thunder.
How do I find out if someone is trying to add me? I don't see anything in contacts :B

Right now, I'm trying to figure what plane-path I want to go and how to use my funds, I'm a really, really picky buyer - it takes me forever to make up my mind on what planes to purchase with silver lions ):
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
May 27 2013 01:02 GMT
#100
I dunno how. You're the first person I've added. Try clicking the head at the top of the screen because that's where contacts are.
Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4493
Leta 1716
BeSt 434
Soulkey 380
Soma 143
ZergMaN 31
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm130
XcaliburYe23
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g8670
WinterStarcraft673
Sick228
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 57m
Patches Events
6h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 57m
OSC
14h 57m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.