• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:50
CEST 20:50
KST 03:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12008 users

War Thunder - Come check it out - Page 9

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
June 11 2013 14:06 GMT
#161
Why can't I no longer select other countries than russian/german :X was there something in the patch about this?
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
June 11 2013 19:00 GMT
#162
god damn, this new patch man. it's so much easier to kill planes.
Graphics
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
June 12 2013 00:05 GMT
#163
Pilots seem to die a lot quicker now...not sure how I feel about that. I'm pretty happy with the patch overall, though.
Moderator
Millitron
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2611 Posts
June 12 2013 22:28 GMT
#164
On June 12 2013 09:05 Myles wrote:
Pilots seem to die a lot quicker now...not sure how I feel about that. I'm pretty happy with the patch overall, though.

Its because many planes now have upgradable armor for crew compartments. There'd be no point in armor if pilots were unkillable anyways, which was the case in mid-high tier planes with crews with good vitality.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added improved armor upgrades to more planes in the coming weeks.
Who called in the fleet?
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
June 12 2013 22:43 GMT
#165
This game got a lot easier haha. I get a lot more one shots on my airacobra now.

I'm not a fan of how different my planes fly to each other now though. But I think it's a bit more realistic.

There is no one like you in the universe.
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
June 13 2013 06:52 GMT
#166
My wings keep getting ripped off everytime someone farts in my direction now sigh.
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
June 13 2013 08:13 GMT
#167
I was playing this a little bit, I started working through the Russian tech tree. The controls will take some getting used to, the fights feel slow paced compared to PS2 because the planes are so old in comparison. I got to fight against a Huskysc in one of my games. He flew into the ground. =D
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
10734
Profile Joined September 2012
340 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-13 14:26:09
June 13 2013 09:33 GMT
#168
What do you get when you fill up the xp bar on a plane?

Oh and can you bail out or something in historical without losing your plane?

I'm actually tempted to get those golden eagles, I have a million free exp right now...
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-13 11:16:27
June 13 2013 11:14 GMT
#169
yak9T on tier 8 now. Just what the game needed, more noobs who kill you in one hit. I dont know what they did to historical battles but the instructor is absolutely trashing my german planes now. Cant do any proper maneuvers without that ass interfering and subsequently ramming me into the ground or making me fly left when i want to go right.
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
June 13 2013 12:44 GMT
#170
I notice I've been getting points to put into each plane individually. Does it matter what I train at first, are they easy to retrain later? Was looking at the vitality one.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
Sylvex
Profile Joined January 2009
United States127 Posts
June 13 2013 13:07 GMT
#171
Also not particularly impressed with the patch. Maybe when they roll out the new economy model and do some tweaking it'll be better. The free tier 1 premium plane seems cool for new players.

Right now pilots seem a bit easy to KO and a single bullet was enough to turn my entire Ki-61 red (every party was darker pink or straight up red). 37mms are still super powerful. I think MGs are in a pretty decent place except for the pilot kills. Killing people with the tail gun on my A20 seemed harder, but that could have been a number of factors. I was still able to bring now a P39 who tried to get right on my tail, but not before he got 1 of my wings black and I couldn't turn except to hit the water. Haven't messed around as much with the 20mms.

I've heard the F4F and F6F American planes had their flight models tweaked into a mess of unable to maneuver at all, but I'm passed those and use the corsairs which seem to have come out ahead overall. The Japanese fighters still have no armor but the addition of the heavy fighters is nice. Will have to pick them up to test out. I still think the game is most balanced at tier 9 and below and with the addition of the KI-45s you can field a decent line up of 7-9 with 5 planes. The Bf109s don't seem to be as scary anymore, even though they supposedly got buffed. The increased MG damage makes them less invincible if you can get a bead on them. Still needs more testing.

On June 13 2013 21:44 Rah wrote:
I notice I've been getting points to put into each plane individually. Does it matter what I train at first, are they easy to retrain later? Was looking at the vitality one.


As far as I know you can't retrain them ever. They retain "training" for every plane you pay to put them in though and their skills apply to the crew in general. Don't put any points into "Gunners" if the planes that crew flies have no gunners (all fighters). Heavy fighters and attackers usually have 1 or 2 gunners while bombers will often have more so if you have a crew you want to designate as your bomber crew you might want to save up to buy points in "experienced gunners." Why that is so prohibitively expensive to increase, I'm not sure. I guess to make people buy eagles for accelerated training or something.

At this point I would dump points pretty heavily into vitality. All my planes had about 30 vitality and i almost never lost my pilot except in head on engagements, now it seems to happen a lot so I've been trying to bump them to 40. I think they also reduced the required amount of crew points to increase it though. Not sure, could be remembering incorrectly. Aside from that I would go for reload speed in the ground crew section to something like 12 if you play arcade (affects in-air reload) and then G-force tolerance.
Millitron
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2611 Posts
June 13 2013 19:29 GMT
#172
On June 13 2013 18:33 10734 wrote:
What do you get when you fill up the xp bar on a plane?

Oh and can you bail out or something in historical without losing your plane?

I'm actually tempted to get those golden eagles, I have a million free exp right now...

When you fill the xp bar, that plane makes 1/5 as much xp from then on. You still make just as much money.

If you bail out, you don't have to pay for a new crew, so free repair time (and maybe repair cost?) is a little lower. If you crash land, you also usually pay less than full. If you land on a runway, wait for repair and rearm, then bail on the runway, it costs nothing.

Don't get free xp. If you're going to get lions, buy a premium plane, and/or upgrade some crews. You get more bang for your buck.
Who called in the fleet?
Hitch-22
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Canada753 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-14 18:06:36
June 14 2013 17:37 GMT
#173
One of the best games I've played in a really long time. come check it out.

Also add me if you want, AceOfBaron
"We all let our sword do the talking for us once in awhile I guess" - Bregor, the legendary critical striker and critical misser who triple crits 2 horses with 1 arrow but lands 3 1's in a row
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-14 23:24:31
June 14 2013 23:02 GMT
#174
On June 13 2013 15:52 Vaelone wrote:
My wings keep getting ripped off everytime someone farts in my direction now sigh.


This description is very accurate. I wish you could buy a block of armor to put around your plane...

Also my poor F6F is useless now.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Creegz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada354 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 23:02:17
June 21 2013 23:00 GMT
#175
On June 15 2013 08:02 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2013 15:52 Vaelone wrote:
My wings keep getting ripped off everytime someone farts in my direction now sigh.


This description is very accurate. I wish you could buy a block of armor to put around your plane...

Also my poor F6F is useless now.


Try flying a Ki-43 hahaha. I took one shot from a beaufighter. One. Shot. Tore my wing clear off. That being said, now it's just become better positioning instead of taking damage.

If anyone wants to play my name is Creegz in it. Same as this board ^_^
Who is this guy? ^
10734
Profile Joined September 2012
340 Posts
June 25 2013 11:19 GMT
#176
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/44409-update-25062013-131370/

What do you guys think of the new patch?
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 14:22:10
June 25 2013 14:21 GMT
#177
long overdue that they decrease the prices after they destroyed the moneygain so much
Payer
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany7 Posts
June 25 2013 14:55 GMT
#178
still with repair costs being increased by 30-50% im not sure how profitable my new planes will be :/
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
June 25 2013 15:07 GMT
#179
I never repair my planes for credits, so I dont mind that much. Best you stop that too.
bypLy
Profile Joined June 2013
757 Posts
June 25 2013 15:11 GMT
#180
looks pretty advertisementish
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1174
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 278
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1174
ByuN 482
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 278
Reynor 237
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29253
Calm 2528
Shuttle 362
Mini 172
White-Ra 144
firebathero 95
Mong 59
scan(afreeca) 18
soO 13
Sacsri 6
[ Show more ]
ZZZero.O 4
Dota 2
Gorgc11268
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3599
Liquid`Hasu490
MindelVK7
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2321
fl0m2091
FrodaN1737
summit1g1022
olofmeister842
B2W.Neo788
Khaldor448
Beastyqt294
crisheroes169
Livibee164
Mew2King72
ToD58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick461
BasetradeTV180
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
angryscii 10
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach57
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur606
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
10m
BSL Open Qualifier
10m
OSC
4h 10m
Replay Cast
4h 10m
OSC
17h 10m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.