• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:29
CEST 13:29
KST 20:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8434 users

Pokemon X and Y [3DS] - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 198 199 200 Next
EGLzGaMeR
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1867 Posts
January 08 2013 21:48 GMT
#61
Do want.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 22:00:38
January 08 2013 21:58 GMT
#62
On January 09 2013 06:48 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Do want.

Where the hell have you been?

@people misinterpreting my comment: What I'm saying is that you don't need 150 new pokemon every damn game, you have a roster of over 500. Where's our "Greatest Hits?" Why are we always forced to learn 150 new ones until after we beat the game and it becomes boring anyway*.

*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.

What I'd really like to see is the same sort of new challenges that they keep coming out with, but with a mix of older and newer pokemon available for capture. Something like in the original Gold/Silver versions where you could still capture stuff like Magnemite in Jhoto.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 22:01:35
January 08 2013 22:00 GMT
#63
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.


God forbid they try to add something new to the game to keep in fresh.

On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.


Generation V is actually the biggest one, adding 155 new Pokemon. Before that, no generation had added more than Generation III, which added 134.

I suggest taking off your rose-colored glasses and actually try playing the newer games, instead of just claiming the original ones are the best for no reason other than your nostalgia.

On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 06:48 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Do want.

Where the hell have you been?

@people misinterpreting my comment: What I'm saying is that you don't need 150 new pokemon every damn game, you have a roster of over 500. Where's our "Greatest Hits?" Why are we always forced to learn 150 new ones until after we beat the game and it becomes boring anyway*.

*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.

What I'd really like to see is the same sort of new challenges that they keep coming out with, but with a mix of older and newer pokemon available for capture. Something like in the original Gold/Silver versions where you could still capture stuff like Magnemite in Jhoto.


You can still capture older Pokemon in the newer games?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 08 2013 22:03 GMT
#64
On January 09 2013 07:00 Ferrose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.


God forbid they try to add something new to the game to keep in fresh.

Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.


Generation V is actually the biggest one, adding 155 new Pokemon. Before that, no generation had added more than Generation III, which added 134.

I suggest taking off your rose-colored glasses and actually try playing the newer games, instead of just claiming the original ones are the best for no reason other than your nostalgia.

Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 06:48 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Do want.

Where the hell have you been?

@people misinterpreting my comment: What I'm saying is that you don't need 150 new pokemon every damn game, you have a roster of over 500. Where's our "Greatest Hits?" Why are we always forced to learn 150 new ones until after we beat the game and it becomes boring anyway*.

*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.

What I'd really like to see is the same sort of new challenges that they keep coming out with, but with a mix of older and newer pokemon available for capture. Something like in the original Gold/Silver versions where you could still capture stuff like Magnemite in Jhoto.


You can still capture older Pokemon in the newer games?


Not till after you get the National Dex. By the time you get that, the game's over.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 22:04:38
January 08 2013 22:04 GMT
#65
On January 09 2013 07:03 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:00 Ferrose wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.


God forbid they try to add something new to the game to keep in fresh.

On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.


Generation V is actually the biggest one, adding 155 new Pokemon. Before that, no generation had added more than Generation III, which added 134.

I suggest taking off your rose-colored glasses and actually try playing the newer games, instead of just claiming the original ones are the best for no reason other than your nostalgia.

On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 06:48 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Do want.

Where the hell have you been?

@people misinterpreting my comment: What I'm saying is that you don't need 150 new pokemon every damn game, you have a roster of over 500. Where's our "Greatest Hits?" Why are we always forced to learn 150 new ones until after we beat the game and it becomes boring anyway*.

*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.

What I'd really like to see is the same sort of new challenges that they keep coming out with, but with a mix of older and newer pokemon available for capture. Something like in the original Gold/Silver versions where you could still capture stuff like Magnemite in Jhoto.


You can still capture older Pokemon in the newer games?


Not till after you get the National Dex. By the time you get that, the game's over.


No, I'm pretty sure many older generation Pokemon appear naturally before you get the national dex. In every game except Black and White 1.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 08 2013 22:10 GMT
#66
On January 09 2013 07:04 Ferrose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:03 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:00 Ferrose wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.


God forbid they try to add something new to the game to keep in fresh.

On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.


Generation V is actually the biggest one, adding 155 new Pokemon. Before that, no generation had added more than Generation III, which added 134.

I suggest taking off your rose-colored glasses and actually try playing the newer games, instead of just claiming the original ones are the best for no reason other than your nostalgia.

On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 06:48 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Do want.

Where the hell have you been?

@people misinterpreting my comment: What I'm saying is that you don't need 150 new pokemon every damn game, you have a roster of over 500. Where's our "Greatest Hits?" Why are we always forced to learn 150 new ones until after we beat the game and it becomes boring anyway*.

*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.

What I'd really like to see is the same sort of new challenges that they keep coming out with, but with a mix of older and newer pokemon available for capture. Something like in the original Gold/Silver versions where you could still capture stuff like Magnemite in Jhoto.


You can still capture older Pokemon in the newer games?


Not till after you get the National Dex. By the time you get that, the game's over.


No, I'm pretty sure many older generation Pokemon appear naturally before you get the national dex. In every game except Black and White 1.


I was lead to believe it was the same in B&W 2, I refuse to buy a direct sequel to a game undeserving of one. Not that it's a bad game, just not sequel worthy. I'm also fairly certain that it was true for the most part in DPPt where they showed up post national dex and largely in swarms/pokeradar stuff, with a few exceptions (I think you could catch zubat and houndour, but I don't recall many more).

Regardless, the franchise is overdue for a "Greatest Hits" game, they have more than enough to populate every kind of terrain with pokemon that people LIKE (read: Not Zubat and Geodude every 2 steps in caves).
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
January 08 2013 22:19 GMT
#67
On January 09 2013 07:10 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:04 Ferrose wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:03 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:00 Ferrose wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.


God forbid they try to add something new to the game to keep in fresh.

On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.


Generation V is actually the biggest one, adding 155 new Pokemon. Before that, no generation had added more than Generation III, which added 134.

I suggest taking off your rose-colored glasses and actually try playing the newer games, instead of just claiming the original ones are the best for no reason other than your nostalgia.

On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 06:48 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Do want.

Where the hell have you been?

@people misinterpreting my comment: What I'm saying is that you don't need 150 new pokemon every damn game, you have a roster of over 500. Where's our "Greatest Hits?" Why are we always forced to learn 150 new ones until after we beat the game and it becomes boring anyway*.

*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.

What I'd really like to see is the same sort of new challenges that they keep coming out with, but with a mix of older and newer pokemon available for capture. Something like in the original Gold/Silver versions where you could still capture stuff like Magnemite in Jhoto.


You can still capture older Pokemon in the newer games?


Not till after you get the National Dex. By the time you get that, the game's over.


No, I'm pretty sure many older generation Pokemon appear naturally before you get the national dex. In every game except Black and White 1.


I was lead to believe it was the same in B&W 2, I refuse to buy a direct sequel to a game undeserving of one. Not that it's a bad game, just not sequel worthy. I'm also fairly certain that it was true for the most part in DPPt where they showed up post national dex and largely in swarms/pokeradar stuff, with a few exceptions (I think you could catch zubat and houndour, but I don't recall many more).

Regardless, the franchise is overdue for a "Greatest Hits" game, they have more than enough to populate every kind of terrain with pokemon that people LIKE (read: Not Zubat and Geodude every 2 steps in caves).


What else would you have in caves? When you're going into a cave in Pokemon, what do you think? Taking Zubat and Geodude out of the caves is ruining the nostalgia aspect of the game.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 08 2013 22:22 GMT
#68
On January 09 2013 07:10 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:04 Ferrose wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:03 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:00 Ferrose wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.


God forbid they try to add something new to the game to keep in fresh.

On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.


Generation V is actually the biggest one, adding 155 new Pokemon. Before that, no generation had added more than Generation III, which added 134.

I suggest taking off your rose-colored glasses and actually try playing the newer games, instead of just claiming the original ones are the best for no reason other than your nostalgia.

On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 06:48 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Do want.

Where the hell have you been?

@people misinterpreting my comment: What I'm saying is that you don't need 150 new pokemon every damn game, you have a roster of over 500. Where's our "Greatest Hits?" Why are we always forced to learn 150 new ones until after we beat the game and it becomes boring anyway*.

*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.

What I'd really like to see is the same sort of new challenges that they keep coming out with, but with a mix of older and newer pokemon available for capture. Something like in the original Gold/Silver versions where you could still capture stuff like Magnemite in Jhoto.


You can still capture older Pokemon in the newer games?


Not till after you get the National Dex. By the time you get that, the game's over.


No, I'm pretty sure many older generation Pokemon appear naturally before you get the national dex. In every game except Black and White 1.


I was lead to believe it was the same in B&W 2, I refuse to buy a direct sequel to a game undeserving of one. Not that it's a bad game, just not sequel worthy. I'm also fairly certain that it was true for the most part in DPPt where they showed up post national dex and largely in swarms/pokeradar stuff, with a few exceptions (I think you could catch zubat and houndour, but I don't recall many more).

Regardless, the franchise is overdue for a "Greatest Hits" game, they have more than enough to populate every kind of terrain with pokemon that people LIKE (read: Not Zubat and Geodude every 2 steps in caves).

You need common things, and they can't be cool things if they're common. Imagine if, say, Dratini, Larvitar, and Beldum were common. Sure, it'd be sweet to get them easily, but your Dragonite, Tyranitar, and Metagross wouldn't feel nearly as cool. Even uncommon but cool things like Growlithe would get boring to me if I saw one every 3 steps.
It's your boy Guzma!
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
January 08 2013 22:25 GMT
#69
I always wished Pokemon would have a game in the series be a real challenge/different. Start in some snow area or something and don't have the 3 normal starters, have ones with different elements that aren't necessarily the best for that area (for example a poison type, an ice type, a fighter type, etc).

Allowing the player to choose rules (normal, Nuzlocke-equivalent, etc) would be another idea I think would be awesome and bring a ton of replay value. I know you can just enforce rules on yourself, but it's more fun when the game makes them IMO instead of you forcing a challenge on yourself.

I still love Pokemon games, I just wish they added some variations to it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
January 08 2013 22:31 GMT
#70
AWESOME.

Froakie for sure.
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
January 08 2013 22:39 GMT
#71
The legendary pokemon look retarded, but probably gonna buy it. Am getting a 3ds anyway for FE 13, so..
can i get my estro logo back pls
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 08 2013 22:41 GMT
#72
On January 09 2013 07:19 Ferrose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:10 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:04 Ferrose wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:03 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:00 Ferrose wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.


God forbid they try to add something new to the game to keep in fresh.

On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.


Generation V is actually the biggest one, adding 155 new Pokemon. Before that, no generation had added more than Generation III, which added 134.

I suggest taking off your rose-colored glasses and actually try playing the newer games, instead of just claiming the original ones are the best for no reason other than your nostalgia.

On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 06:48 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Do want.

Where the hell have you been?

@people misinterpreting my comment: What I'm saying is that you don't need 150 new pokemon every damn game, you have a roster of over 500. Where's our "Greatest Hits?" Why are we always forced to learn 150 new ones until after we beat the game and it becomes boring anyway*.

*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.

What I'd really like to see is the same sort of new challenges that they keep coming out with, but with a mix of older and newer pokemon available for capture. Something like in the original Gold/Silver versions where you could still capture stuff like Magnemite in Jhoto.


You can still capture older Pokemon in the newer games?


Not till after you get the National Dex. By the time you get that, the game's over.


No, I'm pretty sure many older generation Pokemon appear naturally before you get the national dex. In every game except Black and White 1.


I was lead to believe it was the same in B&W 2, I refuse to buy a direct sequel to a game undeserving of one. Not that it's a bad game, just not sequel worthy. I'm also fairly certain that it was true for the most part in DPPt where they showed up post national dex and largely in swarms/pokeradar stuff, with a few exceptions (I think you could catch zubat and houndour, but I don't recall many more).

Regardless, the franchise is overdue for a "Greatest Hits" game, they have more than enough to populate every kind of terrain with pokemon that people LIKE (read: Not Zubat and Geodude every 2 steps in caves).


What else would you have in caves? When you're going into a cave in Pokemon, what do you think? Taking Zubat and Geodude out of the caves is ruining the nostalgia aspect of the game.


Never said take them out, said more variety. Have Zubat, Geodude, Nosepass, Onix, Laravitar, all of them with more even spawn distributions (well Laravitar a bit lower I guess). There's no reason we can't do old AND new in these games, that was Black's biggest failure IMO...well that and the absurd haircuts and ridiculous story.
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
January 08 2013 22:42 GMT
#73
On January 09 2013 07:03 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:00 Ferrose wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.


God forbid they try to add something new to the game to keep in fresh.

On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.


Generation V is actually the biggest one, adding 155 new Pokemon. Before that, no generation had added more than Generation III, which added 134.

I suggest taking off your rose-colored glasses and actually try playing the newer games, instead of just claiming the original ones are the best for no reason other than your nostalgia.

On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 06:48 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Do want.

Where the hell have you been?

@people misinterpreting my comment: What I'm saying is that you don't need 150 new pokemon every damn game, you have a roster of over 500. Where's our "Greatest Hits?" Why are we always forced to learn 150 new ones until after we beat the game and it becomes boring anyway*.

*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.

What I'd really like to see is the same sort of new challenges that they keep coming out with, but with a mix of older and newer pokemon available for capture. Something like in the original Gold/Silver versions where you could still capture stuff like Magnemite in Jhoto.


You can still capture older Pokemon in the newer games?


Not till after you get the National Dex. By the time you get that, the game's over.


Only game where that is true it Pokemon White and Black. And you can always trade over or transfer Pokemon to the games.
Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
January 08 2013 23:05 GMT
#74
SO FRIGGIN EXCITEDDD
▲ ▲ ▲
flavorless
Profile Joined August 2010
United States59 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 23:26:09
January 08 2013 23:24 GMT
#75
On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.


That's the only thing that I still enjoy in the game :/

IVs, on the other hand, are incredibly frustrating. You find your perfect calm Chansey, spend hours working on moveset/evs, and it's still not the best that it can be because of some random values that the game generated when it hatched.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" — Isaac Asimov
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
January 08 2013 23:29 GMT
#76
I love the 3D graphics so far, the game looks gorgeous and detailed. Might even consider buying a 3DS just for this because it looks like a huge innovation for the Pokemon series beyond graphics. If the Pokemon end up memorable, the world enjoyable and the story intriguing, this will be a great start to the Pokemon series in Gen VI.

(If the Fire starter ends up Fire/Fighting in the third stage, I will throw a fit)
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
yokohama
Profile Joined February 2005
United States1116 Posts
January 08 2013 23:34 GMT
#77
I've been waiting for this kind of improvement on the series for a long time. I enjoy B/W and B/W 2, but I felt like they really weren't what the series needed in terms of expansion, especially B/W 2. Hopefully this generation really adds some more to the games besides just stepping up to 3D, like perhaps making it more open world rather than linear routes? If they add a feature where more players could come to your game and interact with the world instead of just a gimmicky underground game or battles and trades would be really fantastic. I can't wait until October!
Gingerninja
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1339 Posts
January 08 2013 23:46 GMT
#78
On January 09 2013 07:42 Zorgaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 07:03 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 07:00 Ferrose wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.


God forbid they try to add something new to the game to keep in fresh.

On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.


Generation V is actually the biggest one, adding 155 new Pokemon. Before that, no generation had added more than Generation III, which added 134.

I suggest taking off your rose-colored glasses and actually try playing the newer games, instead of just claiming the original ones are the best for no reason other than your nostalgia.

On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 09 2013 06:48 EGLzGaMeR wrote:
Do want.

Where the hell have you been?

@people misinterpreting my comment: What I'm saying is that you don't need 150 new pokemon every damn game, you have a roster of over 500. Where's our "Greatest Hits?" Why are we always forced to learn 150 new ones until after we beat the game and it becomes boring anyway*.

*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.

What I'd really like to see is the same sort of new challenges that they keep coming out with, but with a mix of older and newer pokemon available for capture. Something like in the original Gold/Silver versions where you could still capture stuff like Magnemite in Jhoto.


You can still capture older Pokemon in the newer games?


Not till after you get the National Dex. By the time you get that, the game's over.


Only game where that is true it Pokemon White and Black. And you can always trade over or transfer Pokemon to the games.


What he said ^ My white 2 team is filled with somewhat older pokemon from different gens, and I haven't even got all the badges yet. There are older pokemon mixed throughout the whole game. One of the first I caught on white 2 was the pre-evolve of my favourite pokemon from the original Gold (Flaffy which becomes Mareep and them Ampharos!!) So I had a gen 2 pokemon in my team before I'd barely left the starter area.
戦いの中に答えはある
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
January 09 2013 00:20 GMT
#79
On January 09 2013 08:24 flavorless wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.


That's the only thing that I still enjoy in the game :/

IVs, on the other hand, are incredibly frustrating. You find your perfect calm Chansey, spend hours working on moveset/evs, and it's still not the best that it can be because of some random values that the game generated when it hatched.

Honestly, I think IVs need to go. Keep egg moves, give incentive to breeders. Remove IVs and I'll never open Pokesav again.
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
January 09 2013 00:34 GMT
#80
Theme is likely based on genetics, possibly the nature vs nurture debate. The Japanese logos have DNA strands, and the X and Y is likely based on chromosomes. This can also develop further into the whole free will vs determinism debate, or become a darker story based on genetic modification, governmental control and revolution.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 198 199 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 921
WardiTV349
OGKoka 90
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 12089
StarCastTV_EN333
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko300
OGKoka 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14120
Bisu 5210
FanTaSy 3881
Jaedong 1510
Shuttle 1274
BeSt 1003
actioN 755
EffOrt 613
Horang2 534
Larva 298
[ Show more ]
Leta 298
Zeus 250
Dewaltoss 117
Barracks 108
Mind 105
Sexy 84
JYJ 83
scan(afreeca) 72
Mong 70
sorry 67
ToSsGirL 54
Shinee 41
sSak 40
Killer 39
Aegong 31
soO 27
Bale 26
Sea.KH 26
Free 25
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
yabsab 7
Dota 2
Dendi404
XaKoH 345
Gorgc310
Counter-Strike
x6flipin214
Other Games
singsing2332
olofmeister1367
B2W.Neo385
crisheroes281
Pyrionflax214
dupreeh118
Livibee115
KnowMe101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick636
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1336
Other Games
• WagamamaTV208
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 31m
Replay Cast
11h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 31m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.