• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:30
CEST 13:30
KST 20:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8347 users

Pokemon X and Y [3DS] - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 198 199 200 Next
Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
January 09 2013 00:40 GMT
#81
On January 09 2013 09:34 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Theme is likely based on genetics, possibly the nature vs nurture debate. The Japanese logos have DNA strands, and the X and Y is likely based on chromosomes. This can also develop further into the whole free will vs determinism debate, or become a darker story based on genetic modification, governmental control and revolution.


The Hawk/unamed eagle (Y), The stag(X) and The Wyvern(?). The first two refer well to the Norse mythology. I wonder if Yggdrasil will make an appearance
Pokemon Master
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-09 00:40:56
January 09 2013 00:40 GMT
#82
On January 09 2013 09:34 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Theme is likely based on genetics, possibly the nature vs nurture debate. The Japanese logos have DNA strands, and the X and Y is likely based on chromosomes. This can also develop further into the whole free will vs determinism debate, or become a darker story based on genetic modification, governmental control and revolution.

Or, like someone else said, X, Y, (and Z eventually) are the three axis needed for 3d. And this is the first 3d pokemon game. That's all, don't read too much into just the names lol.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
January 09 2013 00:51 GMT
#83
argh

must resist

only a new golden sun can make me buy a 3DS
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
January 09 2013 00:52 GMT
#84
On January 09 2013 09:40 ThaZenith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 09:34 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Theme is likely based on genetics, possibly the nature vs nurture debate. The Japanese logos have DNA strands, and the X and Y is likely based on chromosomes. This can also develop further into the whole free will vs determinism debate, or become a darker story based on genetic modification, governmental control and revolution.

Or, like someone else said, X, Y, (and Z eventually) are the three axis needed for 3d. And this is the first 3d pokemon game. That's all, don't read too much into just the names lol.


I initially thought the same way too, just a lead in to Z, but now analyzing the information, it likely will center around genetics at least. Having a DNA strand in the logos means there is a reason why it is there. Plus, a Z shaped Pokemon will be incredibly awkward.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
SeeDLiNg
Profile Joined January 2010
United States690 Posts
January 09 2013 00:53 GMT
#85
October? Hmmm.... Maybe I'll have invested in a 3ds by then.

Maybe..

Either way, first pokemon I've had any interest in since first gen.

Fennec Fox being my absolute favorite animal might have something to do with this >>

[image loading]

Those ears are friggin' adorable...
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
January 09 2013 00:54 GMT
#86
On January 09 2013 09:51 Laurens wrote:
argh

must resist

only a new golden sun can make me buy a 3DS


Second. I'd buy that so hard.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
ampson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2355 Posts
January 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#87
New Generation already? I have my doubts, but I'm sure it will be amazing. Though from the trailer it looks like only new starters and legendaries. Also, any word on what the region is called?
InsidiA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1169 Posts
January 09 2013 01:12 GMT
#88
really hopin they dont try to overcomplicate things..
GraphicsInsidiA | StarCraft 2 Manager for Team eLevate | Graphic Designer for Red Bull eSports & HTC | @iamjasonpun
ParanoiaDHerO
Profile Joined July 2009
United States183 Posts
January 09 2013 01:32 GMT
#89
I can't believe I'm gonna buy another pokemon game..
Leyra
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1222 Posts
January 09 2013 01:33 GMT
#90
Damn, I have to buy a 3ds now.
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
January 09 2013 01:40 GMT
#91
On January 09 2013 10:05 ampson wrote:
New Generation already? I have my doubts, but I'm sure it will be amazing. Though from the trailer it looks like only new starters and legendaries. Also, any word on what the region is called?


There is no announcement on the region's name yet, but parts might be based on Europe, specifically France because of the Eiffel Tower-ish building.

[image loading]
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
January 09 2013 01:51 GMT
#92
On January 09 2013 09:20 Ruscour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 08:24 flavorless wrote:
On January 09 2013 06:58 deth2munkies wrote:
*EV training and RNGing things for actual tournament play is the most boring possible thing I could think of, and I've done it before back in HG.


That's the only thing that I still enjoy in the game :/

IVs, on the other hand, are incredibly frustrating. You find your perfect calm Chansey, spend hours working on moveset/evs, and it's still not the best that it can be because of some random values that the game generated when it hatched.

Honestly, I think IVs need to go. Keep egg moves, give incentive to breeders. Remove IVs and I'll never open Pokesav again.

I choose to ignore IV in order to enjoy the game. still have a notepad to write down EV gains though
Monochromatic
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1000 Posts
January 09 2013 01:52 GMT
#93
All the starters look weird. I dislike all of them, too "Cute" for my taste.

The legendaries look decent, that deer one would be better with smaller antlers though.

I really hope that they don't go for Fire/Psychic Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark. Would make rival battles much too easy, especially since psychic is mainly special, fighting is mainly physical, and dark tends to be in between. Thing is, pokemon with tons of special attack typically don't have good defense skills, and vice-versa.

I can't wait for more details though. Hopefully they will release pictures of the new pokemon soon.
MC: "Guys I need your support! iam poor make me nerd baller" __________________________________________RIP Violet
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
January 09 2013 01:55 GMT
#94
If the DNA splicers reappear I'm going to be so mad
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-09 04:42:14
January 09 2013 04:41 GMT
#95
On January 09 2013 09:53 SeeDLiNg wrote:
October? Hmmm.... Maybe I'll have invested in a 3ds by then.

Maybe..

Either way, first pokemon I've had any interest in since first gen.

Fennec Fox being my absolute favorite animal might have something to do with this >>
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Those ears are friggin' adorable...

I have a dog like that! He is a rescue, and he is an adorbs chihuahua :3. On that note, I've always picked the fire pokemon first, always. I might pick the frog dude this time around, but I doubt it. I've usually never gone for the grass types despite their quicker level up timing. Water pokemon have generally come in second for me, though the Gen 1-3 water types were much closer in my higher archy than gen 4-6 (excluding this one because I don't know many specifics now). I have to admit, I'm looking forward to that foxfire, I was a big fan of the first gen fire types like growlithe and vulpix.
User was warned for too many mimes.
Fumble
Profile Joined May 2010
156 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-09 05:36:00
January 09 2013 05:35 GMT
#96
I own a 3ds and im really disappointed at how the graphics look in the trailer. Maybe it'll look better once played on the actual system but games like Resident evil revelations really showed what the 3ds could do. The graphics from the trailer looks only slightly better than the short 3d sequences shown in the DS in BW2 such as the intro.
ymir233
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States8275 Posts
January 09 2013 05:39 GMT
#97
Wow, it must be exciting to play Pokemon Stadium revamped + biking around on your 3DS.
Come motivate me to be cynical about animus at http://infinityandone.blogspot.com/ // Stork proxy gates are beautiful.
omgimonfire15
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States233 Posts
January 09 2013 05:53 GMT
#98
As always, for me there will be awesome pokemon in each generation and some that I just plain hate. To me, Chespin looks too much like Oshawott so I don't like him much. Froakie just looks awkward to me, but I feel as though its gonna have an awesome evolution. Fennekin is one of the best designs for me, and I'm betting its gonna be a 9 tailed fox in its final evolution, referencing Japanese mythology. The legendarys look pretty bad ass to me as well. In this generation though, I want to see,

Squid Pokemon
another shark pokemon
a wider variety of water pokemon in general (narwal, deep sea pokemon, sea snakes, etc)
a more kangaroo like pokemon
porcupine pokemon
more ancient pokemon
another horse pokemon
panther/cheetah pokemon
more eevee evolutions
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
January 09 2013 06:08 GMT
#99
On one hand, it looks pretty cool, but on the other, 1) 3DS purchase required, 2) pokemon is starting to feel boring for me , 3) the new games don't seem particularly great anymore ><
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
January 09 2013 06:31 GMT
#100
pokemon turning into evangelion
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 198 199 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 988
WardiTV400
OGKoka 98
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11451
StarCastTV_EN313
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko300
OGKoka 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14120
Bisu 5210
FanTaSy 3881
Jaedong 1510
Shuttle 1274
BeSt 1003
actioN 755
EffOrt 613
Horang2 534
Larva 298
[ Show more ]
Leta 298
Zeus 250
Dewaltoss 117
Barracks 108
Mind 105
Sexy 84
JYJ 83
scan(afreeca) 72
Mong 70
sorry 67
ToSsGirL 54
Shinee 41
sSak 40
Killer 39
Aegong 31
soO 27
Bale 26
Sea.KH 26
Free 25
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
yabsab 7
Dota 2
Dendi404
XaKoH 345
Gorgc310
Counter-Strike
x6flipin214
Other Games
singsing2332
olofmeister1367
B2W.Neo385
crisheroes281
Pyrionflax214
dupreeh118
Livibee115
KnowMe101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick636
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1336
Other Games
• WagamamaTV208
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 30m
Replay Cast
11h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.