• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:59
CEST 09:59
KST 16:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8402 users

Pokemon X and Y [3DS] - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 200 Next
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
January 09 2013 20:07 GMT
#121
Looks like I will be getting Black & White to catch me up while I wait for XY. So how do I pick between Black or White? Should i skip the first set and go to Black & White 2?? How are the starters?
.:RoS:.
Imbajoe
Profile Joined September 2010
United States857 Posts
January 09 2013 20:43 GMT
#122
Grass/Ground
Water

calling it now
i wear a kitten scarf
Flossy
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States870 Posts
January 09 2013 21:18 GMT
#123
As long as they don't do X2/Y2 I'm good.
Imo the third "super version" is great
etternaonline.com
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-09 21:33:13
January 09 2013 21:28 GMT
#124
On January 10 2013 05:07 fifasnipe2224 wrote:
Looks like I will be getting Black & White to catch me up while I wait for XY. So how do I pick between Black or White? Should i skip the first set and go to Black & White 2?? How are the starters?

Definitely BW first imo. Before BW I only played FR/LG through to HG/SS because I had time and I thought well, I probably should play these. They were enjoyable, but nothing mind blowing. In my opinion, there's something special about BW - the story is better than any generation previous (and BW2 for that matter), more or less everything feels fresh (only new pokemon until after beating the game, castelia city and the bridges were pretty mindblowing when I first saw them) and there is plenty of extra content in there (although, BW2 beats that easily). There's a lot of criticism about all new pokemon and whatnot, but I think it was a necessary evil to keep the series fresh and alive - can't have 5 generations of 151 pokemon

I don't really like any of the starters. They're okay, but nothing special imo. In my first play through I'm pretty sure I got tepig and ended up ditching it fairly early on. Things like Excadrill, Galvantula, Chandelure, Ferrothorn, Jellicent all captured my interest way more than the starters. Of course, its a pokemon game so you can pretty much beat the game with any team you like (I did an an ice only (bar swanna for fly/surf) run of the game with very little problem).
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
January 09 2013 22:18 GMT
#125
^ Thanks!
So I hear White is more for capturing and Black id more for dueling...? How accurate is this?
.:RoS:.
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
January 09 2013 22:24 GMT
#126
On January 10 2013 07:18 fifasnipe2224 wrote:
^ Thanks!
So I hear White is more for capturing and Black id more for dueling...? How accurate is this?


Not so much in BW, but definitely more so in BW2 - this is primarily because of the version exclusive areas.
BW2 had a lot more replay value than I expected.
▲ ▲ ▲
B1nary
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada1267 Posts
January 09 2013 22:53 GMT
#127
I think I've been spoiled from playing FR/LG R/S on VBA. The emulator can quicksave/load and speed it up 10x. When I try playing the DS games, they just feel so slow and frustrating. I wasn't able to get through Black =(

I'll give these a try when they come out and see how the go. The starters look a little nicer than the ones from B/W.
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
January 09 2013 23:47 GMT
#128
Damn... Gamestop is selling B/W at $30 used. Seems super high to me. Should I give in or buy an older DS one?? (I am just looking for a DS Pokemon game to fill in the gap from Yellow to XY)
.:RoS:.
TimENT
Profile Joined November 2012
United States1425 Posts
January 09 2013 23:52 GMT
#129
Get b/w 2 over B/W, much better games.
Barcelona / Arsenal Fan!
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-10 03:14:21
January 10 2013 00:51 GMT
#130
Holy hell, the best price I can find Pokemon B/W online used is $23 after shipping. Anyone know were I can buy for a better price?
edit: nvm, i found it for $20 with free shipping in the US.
.:RoS:.
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 10 2013 19:14 GMT
#131
On January 10 2013 09:51 fifasnipe2224 wrote:
Holy hell, the best price I can find Pokemon B/W online used is $23 after shipping. Anyone know were I can buy for a better price?
edit: nvm, i found it for $20 with free shipping in the US.


dont bother with black/white as already stated, black/white 2 is way better
I come in for the scraps
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
January 10 2013 19:16 GMT
#132
uugh...
To late I guess. How long do you think it would take to finish Black 1?
.:RoS:.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 10 2013 20:46 GMT
#133
On January 11 2013 04:16 fifasnipe2224 wrote:
uugh...
To late I guess. How long do you think it would take to finish Black 1?

Depends on how much you play. Took me about a fortnight, but was only playing it on the train, in the bathroom, and before bed. If you're actually devoting hours a day to it, you can knock it out in a few days.
It's your boy Guzma!
Thorakh
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands1788 Posts
January 10 2013 21:09 GMT
#134
Bleh, the original 150 will always be the best.
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
January 10 2013 21:14 GMT
#135
151 bro
.:RoS:.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
January 10 2013 21:31 GMT
#136
On January 11 2013 04:14 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2013 09:51 fifasnipe2224 wrote:
Holy hell, the best price I can find Pokemon B/W online used is $23 after shipping. Anyone know were I can buy for a better price?
edit: nvm, i found it for $20 with free shipping in the US.


dont bother with black/white as already stated, black/white 2 is way better

Im really interested to hear why people think BW2 was better than BW to me the only area in which BW2 surpasses BW is the post game.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
iKill
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Denmark861 Posts
January 10 2013 21:40 GMT
#137
On January 10 2013 06:18 Flossy wrote:
As long as they don't do X2/Y2 I'm good.
Imo the third "super version" is great


pokemon Z

come on, it's obvious
thepuppyassassin: "My god... the deathball's grown wings!"
Thorakh
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands1788 Posts
January 10 2013 21:44 GMT
#138
On January 11 2013 06:40 iKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2013 06:18 Flossy wrote:
As long as they don't do X2/Y2 I'm good.
Imo the third "super version" is great


pokemon Z

come on, it's obvious
LOL

That is so going to happen.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
January 10 2013 21:48 GMT
#139
It's either Z or pokémon XX and XY.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Seri
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
England86 Posts
January 11 2013 00:17 GMT
#140
This theory was posted on serebii http://25.media.tumblr.com/b013d9ade7658083b8c472e2a9c94827/tumblr_mgdb3g7oE51qflbuvo1_500.jpg considering the legendaries and possibly more. Wonder what you think?
Never Forget KT Zergs Hoejja <3 Action <3 Crazy-Hydra <3
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 600
Hyun 51
NotJumperer 43
Killer 36
Bale 34
scan(afreeca) 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto144
League of Legends
JimRising 482
Counter-Strike
ceh9539
edward50
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Other Games
summit1g8450
olofmeister762
Coldzera 702
Happy271
Sick152
NeuroSwarm82
ViBE21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick558
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
League of Legends
• Jankos846
• Stunt376
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 1m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 1m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.