• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:47
CEST 12:47
KST 19:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8841 users

Pokemon X and Y [3DS] - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 198 199 200 Next
nooboon
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2602 Posts
January 08 2013 14:18 GMT
#21
I think the premise of when pokemon first came out was that there was animals and there were also pokemon which were separate beings. Pokemon had these weird abilities and people wanted to understand more about them.... also they could take a lot of punishment therefore battling was invented. As each series progress pokemon became more and more widespread until pokemon and animals were basically the same thing. And now there adding more because each region has there own biome and their own pokemon.

This being said, the game looks so cool in 3D. It looks like a gamecube era RPG.

On January 08 2013 22:48 Seiniyta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 22:46 Arceus wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

well only gen 1 & 5 use colors for naming. Gen VI will be full-blown 3D so I guess naming the three games (yes they imply a third one already) X-Y-Z for dimension sake is reasonable

Aside from new type combination, new moves and mechanics etc, I would love to reduce the number of legendaries to half of that in BW. Damn it since gen 4 the uber legends aint special anymore


[image loading]

Look at the logo, the X and Y are related to DNA stuff. So think in that direction.


Something is telling me that either
A) the two legendaries will be gendered
B) the two legendaries will beUNgendered but represent genders

also Pokemon Z in a few years.
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
January 08 2013 14:31 GMT
#22
So hype.

But I still need to get Black 2!
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
January 08 2013 14:34 GMT
#23
Anyone else wondering what the hell is pikachu doing on the of the Eiffel Tower ?
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 14:36:27
January 08 2013 14:35 GMT
#24
On January 08 2013 23:34 Otolia wrote:
Anyone else wondering what the hell is pikachu doing on the of the Eiffel Tower ?


Haha, maybe he likes the conductivity of the thunder at that point

Or, it's the centre of the world (maybe) so he knows he could do a huge thunder and kill us all :O
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
January 08 2013 14:56 GMT
#25
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.
nAgeDitto
Profile Joined April 2011
United States428 Posts
January 08 2013 14:59 GMT
#26
Oh god. The music instantly gets me craving for more pokemon...

the legendaries look slick too.

Like they're actually mythical creatures, rather than just powerful, giant creatures.
Lyter
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2145 Posts
January 08 2013 15:01 GMT
#27
Looks awesome, need to get me a 3DS it looks like :D
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 08 2013 15:02 GMT
#28
On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.

You seem to be in the minority, though. I think it'd be more than a tad tedious if we'd only had 151 for the last 16/17 years. I mean, I loved Red/Blue as much as the next guy, but I can honestly only think of a couple dozen that I really really liked. Another ~100 each game gives plenty of new ones to love, hate, and ignore, and they usually bring fan favorites from previous gens around anyway.
It's your boy Guzma!
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
January 08 2013 15:08 GMT
#29
Looks like a mutalisk for the first legendary :p. That said, I still need to buy white and black 2 haha. This looks good though, but the starter pokemon don't look as cool as i'd hoped.
User was warned for too many mimes.
Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
January 08 2013 15:09 GMT
#30
On January 08 2013 23:56 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 22:30 antilyon wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:40 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:32 deth2munkies wrote:
Ran out of colors did we?

Unless they significantly improve the gameplay and restore some nostalgia value (by mixing generations in the first playthrough instead of giving us 150 new every time), I'm not gonna bother.

This, personally I never understood the point of adding new ones. Sure, a few new pokemons per game to have something exotic... but the first generation is classic and is what people SHOULD be thinking about when they think about pokemons, every other pokemon is just filler BS.

They should just make Pokemon Red/Blue in 3D. New world etc is OK, but no new damn pokemons, the first 150 are still the best.

I don't agree with this, I for one always expect what change they'll bring to multiplayer with new movesets, new pokemons, typesets and mechanics.
Also, one game focused only on the original 150 would be neat, but I wouldn't play a second one.

New movesets and mechanics, fine. Just update the old pokemon and add a few new ones. So fricking boring having to learn 300 new ridiculous pokemon every time a new generation is released, especially since it's obvious they spend about 5 seconds inventing each pokemon because they need such a ridiculous mass of them.


You don't want Zubats for another 20 years in Pokemon. You don't I'm happy they introduced new cave pokemon in the previous generation.
Pokemon Master
Rawr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden624 Posts
January 08 2013 15:14 GMT
#31
Well, I guess I'm getting a 3ds...
Joo Se-Hyuk
SwizzY
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1549 Posts
January 08 2013 15:16 GMT
#32
One part of me is sick at the fact that they are shoveling out Pokemon games and we keep eating it up.

Another part of me wants to buy it so bad because it looks awesome. I've been complaining since forever that the main thing holding Pokemon back is the fact that 90% of the game is text-based fighting - having Pokemon actually complete move/attack animations would instantly make that Pokemon game the best so far.

I hope this is that game. :D
All that glitters is not gold, all that wander are not lost, the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by frost.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
January 08 2013 15:16 GMT
#33
omg adfsdfgh I soo want to know about all the new pokemans I am suddenly so excited. I also wonder how much they are going to change the battle rules, like gen5 they made you able to see the enemy team before the fight started+choose your lead after seeing the enemy team, so I am so interested whether or not there are new rules.

Also, a new type? maybe? I know last new ones were gen2 but still, cmon, it would still be so interesting. Poison being super effective to 1 type only is pretty nyan. omgg I want it to be out NOE.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
eSen1a
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia1058 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 15:35:54
January 08 2013 15:26 GMT
#34
[image loading] = [image loading]

definitely going with froak
Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
January 08 2013 16:02 GMT
#35
On January 09 2013 00:08 docvoc wrote:
Looks like a mutalisk for the first legendary :p. That said, I still need to buy white and black 2 haha. This looks good though, but the starter pokemon don't look as cool as i'd hoped.


Looks like a living Y to me lol. I do like the detail in the new Legendary pokemon whilst not being excessive either.
Pokemon Master
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 16:25:23
January 08 2013 16:12 GMT
#36
On January 08 2013 20:59 SgtCoDFish wrote:
My first impression from the pictures: 3D is a big step, I hope they pull it off... and I hope it'll work on regular DS.

It most likely wont, like 99.99% sure it wont unless the release a regular DS edition of it, the 3DS isn't just a DS with the ability to have 3D effects, it's a much much more powerful console that can run more advanced games, just like the Gameboy advance was to the gameboy colour and so on.

Also all generations of pokémon, yes even the sacred first gen, had both stupid and awesomely designed pokémon(Which varies depending on who you are, since obviously it's opinion-based), some generations have more than others and some have less.

Edit: Also i think the third game will be Z, you know X, Y and Z coordinates, 3D and all that
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 08 2013 16:13 GMT
#37
On January 09 2013 01:12 Unleashing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 20:59 SgtCoDFish wrote:
My first impression from the pictures: 3D is a big step, I hope they pull it off... and I hope it'll work on regular DS.

It most likely wont, like 99.99% sure it wont unless the release a regular DS edition of it, the 3DS isn't just a DS with the ability to have 3D effects, it's a much much more powerful console that can run more advanced games, just like the Gameboy advance was to the gameboy colour and so on.

That... plus the 3DS cartridges don't fit in the DS.
It's your boy Guzma!
cythaze
Profile Joined June 2011
830 Posts
January 08 2013 16:35 GMT
#38
omfg the german names of the starter pokemon -.-
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 08 2013 16:52 GMT
#39
I wonder how this one will work on emulator. :<
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 08 2013 16:52 GMT
#40
I know which version I'm getting

[image loading]
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 198 199 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 10201
StarCastTV_EN275
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12397
Bisu 4182
FanTaSy 3240
Jaedong 1309
BeSt 852
actioN 622
EffOrt 514
Horang2 485
Larva 298
Leta 240
[ Show more ]
Zeus 210
Barracks 162
Dewaltoss 119
Mind 108
JYJ 80
Mong 76
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 62
Sexy 61
sorry 53
Killer 45
Free 40
Shinee 40
Aegong 37
sSak 34
soO 32
Bale 31
HiyA 20
yabsab 13
Sacsri 8
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe262
XaKoH 52
Counter-Strike
byalli829
x6flipin30
Other Games
singsing1919
olofmeister1062
Lowko298
crisheroes276
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe119
dupreeh100
Livibee52
B2W.Neo38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
StarCraft 2
WardiTV14
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1132
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
14m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 14m
Replay Cast
12h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 14m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.