• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:16
CEST 20:16
KST 03:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12833 users

Battlefield 4 - Page 57

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 62 Next
Warri
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany3208 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-01 23:30:02
April 01 2014 23:28 GMT
#1121
On April 02 2014 02:51 Aylear wrote:
I do still play, but about the only thing I can tolerate is the scout heli. The gunplay, the ground game, and pretty much any other game mode besides Conquest/Large is a frustrating ordeal because of the shoddy gameplay, netcode, and hundreds of niggling problems the game still has.

I will say this: Naval Strike is closer to how the game should have been on launch. Finally some decent maps with a large number of objectives for 64 players and a reasonable vehicle pool. Wave Breaker is legitimately good. The patch also didn't break anything, and seems to have fixed the kill cam for the most part. Balance is also very good now.

If this was the state of the game on release day, I would have considered it a very solid title with a good map pool, with promise if they can iron out the problems with OHKOs, latency, netcode, and give us a functional Battlerecorder. Instead, knowing that none of that will ever happen, I can only wonder what might have been.


I dont know. The new maps all feel exactly the same, so much that i cant even remember which is which by their name. But aside from the one with 3 points right next to each and then an island each for the other 4 in every direction, which is so hilariously bad (if your team gets owned in the air and the enemy gets a gunship its fucking over. good luck ever getting the middle again), they are ok.
I dont know what your problem with the original maps is. Between golmud, siege of shanghai, paracel storm and hainan resort there are enough large maps. I also like Zavod very much, but its probably too small for 64 people.

On April 02 2014 04:44 Torte de Lini wrote:
I really want to get a group of 5 in EU to start playing or at least try to.


If you dont mind playing hardcore you can add me: warrri
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
April 02 2014 01:35 GMT
#1122
On April 02 2014 08:28 Warri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2014 02:51 Aylear wrote:
I do still play, but about the only thing I can tolerate is the scout heli. The gunplay, the ground game, and pretty much any other game mode besides Conquest/Large is a frustrating ordeal because of the shoddy gameplay, netcode, and hundreds of niggling problems the game still has.

I will say this: Naval Strike is closer to how the game should have been on launch. Finally some decent maps with a large number of objectives for 64 players and a reasonable vehicle pool. Wave Breaker is legitimately good. The patch also didn't break anything, and seems to have fixed the kill cam for the most part. Balance is also very good now.

If this was the state of the game on release day, I would have considered it a very solid title with a good map pool, with promise if they can iron out the problems with OHKOs, latency, netcode, and give us a functional Battlerecorder. Instead, knowing that none of that will ever happen, I can only wonder what might have been.


I dont know. The new maps all feel exactly the same, so much that i cant even remember which is which by their name. But aside from the one with 3 points right next to each and then an island each for the other 4 in every direction, which is so hilariously bad (if your team gets owned in the air and the enemy gets a gunship its fucking over. good luck ever getting the middle again), they are ok.
I dont know what your problem with the original maps is. Between golmud, siege of shanghai, paracel storm and hainan resort there are enough large maps. I also like Zavod very much, but its probably too small for 64 people.

Show nested quote +
On April 02 2014 04:44 Torte de Lini wrote:
I really want to get a group of 5 in EU to start playing or at least try to.


If you dont mind playing hardcore you can add me: warrri


My problem with most of the maps listed is that they are 5-objective maps, which for a 64-player server can get pretty chaotic. I absolutely detest several of the original maps. Lancang Dam is just dreadful, and along with Golmud is flat and featureless. Paracel Storm is some times enjoyable, but it's too fragmented. Rogue Transmission is too spread out for too few points. Operation Locker is like Metro, and I hate close quarters shotgun-spamming infantry only frag maps.

The genuinely good maps from the original pool are Zavod 311 and Siege of Shanghai, with Hainan Resort coming in one step down the ladder for being fucking stupid with the singular MAA win button. Minor points to Dawnbreaker, Flood Zone, and Hainan Resort for being incredibly fun Scout Heli maps -- which make them some of my most played maps as a result.

The expansions have thus far been awful. I really dislike the China Rising maps, with the exception of Guilin Peaks for the occasional infantry combat -- and the gameplay design and netcode makes that a frustrating affair, so I almost never play it. China Rising is always left out of my filters.

Second Assault has a single good map in Caspian Border, with the rest being just meh and Firestorm taking my least favorite map of all time award. It's incredibly messy, cluttered, and just ugly and unappealing. Gulf's imbalance is really bad, and Metro is Metro. Once again, an expansion whose maps are always left out of my filters.

Meanwhile, Wave Breaker has an actual landmark to speak of - a tall mountain island that has a well designed internal submarine dock - and it has reasonable islands that for the most part have room to hide. Lost Islands (the one with the crashed plane in the middle) has a ton of capture points and plays well despite the abundance of jets, plus it looks pretty. Operation Mortar has a huge connected middle island that's great fun for infantry combat, a tunnel network for fast access to the top, and it has an interesting batch of vehicles including a capture point with an Attack Heli, and another with the MAA.

Only Nansha Strike is forgettable with a really bad middle THREE points on a single island for no reason, combined with two scout helicopters on capture points that can easily make the game one-sided if one team grabs both and have reasonable pilots.

That said, I have some definite problems with Naval Strike:

  1. Whoever decided on making you parachute in on Carrier Assault mode needs to be shot
  2. Whoever decided on adding the Gunship to the one map that has no way of dealing with it needs to be shot, unshot, and then shot again
  3. Carrier Assault mode is very uninspired. They should have taken a note from the BF2142 Titan Mode playbook

Nevertheless, I will be keeping three out of the four Naval Strike maps alive on my filters, which has got to be worth a goddamned trophy or something.
TL+ Member
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6332 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-02 12:28:30
April 02 2014 05:39 GMT
#1123
Better shot DICE's programming and QA teams first, I haven't seen a AAA title having such an incompetent programming and maintenance team for like 10 years. Almost every time I saw news and ppl talking about the game getting fixes, I hop in and get welcomed by another problem.
And news just came in:
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/04/addressing-battlefield-4-rubber-banding-issues/

It took a 3A studio half a year to realize that their server hardware isn't going to support 64 players which they advertise to death.

Plus their April Fools joke is balant offensive and stupid.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 08 2014 19:54 GMT
#1124
Man, everytime I log in, I just quit. I really want to play but Jesus; it's just spawn and die.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
ManniBender
Profile Joined February 2014
81 Posts
April 08 2014 20:56 GMT
#1125
On April 09 2014 04:54 Torte de Lini wrote:
Man, everytime I log in, I just quit. I really want to play but Jesus; it's just spawn and die.


Don't care about your Stats. Play for the FUNS! BF has these crazy epic Moments, where you hit a Helicopter while parachuting with your Rocketlauncher and so on.
I don't play as much either, but when you found nice Server its super fun.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 08 2014 21:01 GMT
#1126
On April 09 2014 05:56 ManniBender wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 04:54 Torte de Lini wrote:
Man, everytime I log in, I just quit. I really want to play but Jesus; it's just spawn and die.


Don't care about your Stats. Play for the FUNS! BF has these crazy epic Moments, where you hit a Helicopter while parachuting with your Rocketlauncher and so on.
I don't play as much either, but when you found nice Server its super fun.


It's not about the stats, it's how I spawn, walk about 50 steps and then die.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
drkcid
Profile Joined October 2012
Spain196 Posts
April 09 2014 07:03 GMT
#1127
On April 09 2014 06:01 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 05:56 ManniBender wrote:
On April 09 2014 04:54 Torte de Lini wrote:
Man, everytime I log in, I just quit. I really want to play but Jesus; it's just spawn and die.


Don't care about your Stats. Play for the FUNS! BF has these crazy epic Moments, where you hit a Helicopter while parachuting with your Rocketlauncher and so on.
I don't play as much either, but when you found nice Server its super fun.


It's not about the stats, it's how I spawn, walk about 50 steps and then die.


Yep sometimes is very frustrating, specially when you see a free jet and you think "oh I can get a plane finally", then, 2-3 seconds later a "nerd" with 1000h of flying time destroys you.
Or when you spawn in a conquest point to defend it, aaand you appear in front of an enemy tank.......

But when you can avoid this moments, oh man, sometimes is sooo funny and spectacular, maybe its time to get premium.
Just for fun
ManniBender
Profile Joined February 2014
81 Posts
April 09 2014 09:39 GMT
#1128
On April 09 2014 06:01 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2014 05:56 ManniBender wrote:
On April 09 2014 04:54 Torte de Lini wrote:
Man, everytime I log in, I just quit. I really want to play but Jesus; it's just spawn and die.


Don't care about your Stats. Play for the FUNS! BF has these crazy epic Moments, where you hit a Helicopter while parachuting with your Rocketlauncher and so on.
I don't play as much either, but when you found nice Server its super fun.


It's not about the stats, it's how I spawn, walk about 50 steps and then die.


Don't spawn if your Squadmate is in a fight then. Its always good to stay with your Squad or at least with Teammates.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
April 25 2014 17:49 GMT
#1129
Online and playing. Finally got a prompt to install the necessary plug-in. Game is running the smoothest I've seen it. Now to just find populated servers and decent squadmates....
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
June 04 2014 03:42 GMT
#1130
New game update with heavy focus on the game's netcode.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/new-netcode-update-rolling-out/
BonitiilloO
Profile Joined June 2013
Dominican Republic627 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-04 04:31:48
June 04 2014 04:30 GMT
#1131
On June 04 2014 12:42 zoLo wrote:
New game update with heavy focus on the game's netcode.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/new-netcode-update-rolling-out/


i played a couple of round and this is how i ended up... the patch has make a huge improvement over the netcode
you dont die that often behind coorners and you can get faster feedbacks from bullets...

http://prntscr.com/3phitk
How may help u?
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
June 04 2014 06:48 GMT
#1132
I've read that the patch will be even better when server owners restart their servers. Dunno if that's true.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
June 04 2014 09:16 GMT
#1133
Is it legit to say that BF3 is better?
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 04 2014 10:11 GMT
#1134
On June 04 2014 18:16 ahswtini wrote:
Is it legit to say that BF3 is better?


1000% reasonable
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
June 05 2014 00:07 GMT
#1135
On June 04 2014 18:16 ahswtini wrote:
Is it legit to say that BF3 is better?

BC2 way better.
Skol
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
June 05 2014 00:15 GMT
#1136
On June 05 2014 09:07 Emnjay808 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2014 18:16 ahswtini wrote:
Is it legit to say that BF3 is better?

BC2 way better.


Yeah Bad Company 2 was more fun than all of BF3/4 put together, so many hours spent on that game, and i found all of it to be enjoyable. I think the maps were just much better designed, for the most part anyways.
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
June 05 2014 01:26 GMT
#1137
On June 05 2014 09:15 rebuffering wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2014 09:07 Emnjay808 wrote:
On June 04 2014 18:16 ahswtini wrote:
Is it legit to say that BF3 is better?

BC2 way better.


Yeah Bad Company 2 was more fun than all of BF3/4 put together, so many hours spent on that game, and i found all of it to be enjoyable. I think the maps were just much better designed, for the most part anyways.

Port valdez, arica harbor, isla inocentes, etc. were all amazing maps. They were designed really well for rush, which is what I prefer to play. Conquest honestly doesnt fit the new battlefield games at all imo, combat in BF3/4 is way too fast compared to like 1942 or BF2. Reminds me a lot more of cod then of battlefield.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
June 05 2014 01:43 GMT
#1138
The problem is that DICE makes maps without thinking how it would perform for a specific game mode. A map that is great for rush might or might not be good for conquest. Sometimes less is more, but DICE keeps implementing some dumb gimmicks and what not. I mean, sometimes I can't even find servers running a specific game mode since majority of them are conquest/conquest large, rush, and deathmatch.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
June 05 2014 02:06 GMT
#1139
Laguna Presa or Harvest Day for conquest mode is fucking godlike. I would play BF4 much more than I did BC2 atm if they would import some maps, but that will never happen...
Skol
Draden
Profile Joined June 2014
United States1 Post
June 12 2014 19:02 GMT
#1140
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 62 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1071
TKL 352
IndyStarCraft 279
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1071
ByuN 446
TKL 352
IndyStarCraft 279
Reynor 181
BRAT_OK 47
EmSc Tv 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44970
Calm 2678
Shuttle 407
actioN 164
Mini 140
firebathero 112
White-Ra 86
Mong 43
scan(afreeca) 17
soO 15
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10627
Counter-Strike
fl0m6365
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2712
Liquid`Hasu484
MindelVK4
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2054
FrodaN1490
B2W.Neo739
olofmeister669
Khaldor463
KnowMe333
crisheroes179
Livibee178
Beastyqt93
ToD83
Mew2King81
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick407
BasetradeTV224
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 1
EmSc2Tv 1
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 31
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 9
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach81
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• blackmanpl 4
• 80smullet 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV572
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1832
Other Games
• imaqtpie963
• Shiphtur669
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
44m
BSL Open Qualifier
44m
OSC
4h 44m
Replay Cast
4h 44m
OSC
17h 44m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.