• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:29
CEST 19:29
KST 02:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12957 users

Battlefield 4 - Page 58

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 62 Next
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 13 2014 07:37 GMT
#1141
Should we make a new topic for Hardline beta or talk here? I just got in.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
June 13 2014 08:01 GMT
#1142
When did you register for the beta?

All my friends that got in said they did it right as they announced it, and everyone else after that havent been able to get in. Kinda made me lose hope already.
Skol
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 13 2014 08:40 GMT
#1143
I did it late two night ago.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Divine-Sneaker
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1225 Posts
June 13 2014 13:35 GMT
#1144
Haven't tried to sign up, but everyone I know who got in and tried the beta says it's basically just a reskin of BF4. Obviously sound effects, HUD etc. being similar or the exact same can change from now till release, but there seems to still be an overflood of gadgets and dumb ways for you to die.

Not very sure this is close to worthy of the pricetag they're putting on it in any way.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
June 14 2014 00:12 GMT
#1145
Looks like they're going for a "metropolitan cop" theme instead of the "epic fields of spectacular battle" style of BF3 and 4. Singleplayer campaign will see the biggest change, in my prediction.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
June 14 2014 00:24 GMT
#1146
Apparently the tick rate fixes just released in BF4 are not in Hardline Beta, seems odd to not take advantage of that code imo, but i guess the update just recently released so they might not have had time to incorporate the code into the Beta.
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
Kojak21
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1104 Posts
June 14 2014 00:39 GMT
#1147
i signed up and didnt get in right away. i just got in the beta about an hour ago.

first impressions werent too great maybe its just not the game for me. i was expecting better graphics and the gun play seems abit off. but i havent played a bf game in a long time and i mostly play cs go.

will give it a try again in a few days when im back from camping
¯\_(☺)_/¯
Divine-Sneaker
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1225 Posts
June 14 2014 00:41 GMT
#1148
On June 14 2014 09:12 cLAN.Anax wrote:
Looks like they're going for a "metropolitan cop" theme instead of the "epic fields of spectacular battle" style of BF3 and 4. Singleplayer campaign will see the biggest change, in my prediction.


Which even on paper sounds batshit retarded

Fucking, battlefield is supposed to be about tons of chaotic shit going on in multiplayer. Singleplayer is just a dumb distraction and marketing tool and provides noone with any sort of value.

Every singleplayer campaign that's accompanied a battlefield game has been terrible, because it's supposed to be a 100% multiplayer focused game. All it does is potentially redirect money and manpower from actually important work to useless and wasted procrastination.


For something completely else, is anyone genuinely excited by the theme? I mean, cops and robbers, what exactly is interesting about it. Is there some sort of market for people who have been longing for a that theme to be taken on that I've never heard off, because I really don't see the appeal.
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
June 14 2014 00:44 GMT
#1149
Yeah, re-used assets from BF4, and I don't even go play BF4 anymore; mostly I've been playing more BF3 if anything since it feels smoother for me (not due to graphics but I feel that gameplay is more smoother). No idea what EA is trying to angle here since I don't think this theme will sell well.

Also, I heard that this beta takes up a lot of space. Is it true?
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
Kojak21
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1104 Posts
June 14 2014 04:46 GMT
#1150
On June 14 2014 09:44 Phelix wrote:
Yeah, re-used assets from BF4, and I don't even go play BF4 anymore; mostly I've been playing more BF3 if anything since it feels smoother for me (not due to graphics but I feel that gameplay is more smoother). No idea what EA is trying to angle here since I don't think this theme will sell well.

Also, I heard that this beta takes up a lot of space. Is it true?


when i installed it it said like 6 gig download
¯\_(☺)_/¯
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-14 05:03:24
June 14 2014 04:59 GMT
#1151
Do remember that Danger Close, the devs who made the Medal of Honor series, got kicked from EA's cadre after horrible sales from Warfighter. (attribute its failure to whatever: it didn't do well) Now, both DICE and Visceral are working on Hardline. The lack of another developer to switch off and take over for this year with has gotta be straining the current devs.

EIDT: This video sheds some light on the project:



It's true that gunfights expand to crime in modern cities and close-quarters tactical warfare, but it's also true that the Battlefield trademark has never needed (or intended, by my estimation) to stray from the grand-scale engagements of BC2, BF3, and BF4. It may not look like the game fans want, but it may still be a game fans enjoy.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
Kirsed
Profile Joined May 2013
9381 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-14 05:49:02
June 14 2014 05:43 GMT
#1152
I've played about an hour of the beta and I dunno if I just don't like this game or if the map that's in the beta is terrible either way I'm not buying this. It just feels like for the style of map and stuff I would rather be playing cs.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-14 10:33:55
June 14 2014 10:32 GMT
#1153
I registered for beta in same day that it opened.

So far this game has been horrible. Absolutely shit. Driving and how it looks like must be from 1995 rally game.

I have played 7h+
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
June 14 2014 10:49 GMT
#1154
On June 05 2014 10:26 IMoperator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2014 09:15 rebuffering wrote:
On June 05 2014 09:07 Emnjay808 wrote:
On June 04 2014 18:16 ahswtini wrote:
Is it legit to say that BF3 is better?

BC2 way better.


Yeah Bad Company 2 was more fun than all of BF3/4 put together, so many hours spent on that game, and i found all of it to be enjoyable. I think the maps were just much better designed, for the most part anyways.

Port valdez, arica harbor, isla inocentes, etc. were all amazing maps. They were designed really well for rush, which is what I prefer to play. Conquest honestly doesnt fit the new battlefield games at all imo, combat in BF3/4 is way too fast compared to like 1942 or BF2. Reminds me a lot more of cod then of battlefield.

Yeah, I enjoyed BC2 too. Problem with maps was that ultimate bf fans hated them. Maps were horrible for conquest but awesome for rush. I personaly hate conquest. Rush is way better.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 14 2014 11:18 GMT
#1155
Played a whole bunch last night and today; it's really, really off.

It doesn't feel like cops and robbers, it feels like Batman vs. Terrorists. Some of the weapons and shit that you have are flat-out ridiculous and there's no distinction between the two groups (they have the same tools and stuff). Maybe it's not done yet, but that really sucks.

There's also "levelolution" which is eh and the cars are pretty arcade-y.

Heist is a pretty good mode, but Blood Money sucks.

Lastly, 32 vs 32 is just dumb even if the map accomodates for it. This should be a much smaller group to have more coordinate/tactical stuff.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Zero.Tha.Hero
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada155 Posts
June 16 2014 15:58 GMT
#1156
On March 02 2014 09:52 Divine-Sneaker wrote:
I made a platoon, hope I didn't break any copyrights for TL

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7036399271683099314/

Any paint heroes who can make logos, or find one I can steal be welcome to point it out.

etc, etc.



I've applied to the platoon, really hoping even a small part of the posting playerbase from this thread is still active, and that administration of the platoon is still active also.

I've only recently gotten into BF4, despite a long love of the franchise. This is mostly because, until last weekend, my PC played it like a slideshow...

I'd like to get some good squad grind in, ideally working with some like minded individuals, who can collaborate with more coordinated tactics than the typical pub match (and it's strong resemblance to little kids playing soccer, with 90% of the players facerushing the objective in a clump, and the remaining few farting around the sidelines, pulling up grass, or otherwise doing their own thing)

I'm ZeroThaHero666 on BF4, feel free to add me on Battlelog, but drop me a line here on PM if you do. I'm in MST timezone (UTC-7), and usually playing between around 1900h-0100h local time weekdays, often much more on weekends.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 16 2014 16:51 GMT
#1157
Recently played some BF4 after being so disgusted with Hardline.

Gulf of Oman is really fun.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Divine-Sneaker
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1225 Posts
June 16 2014 20:56 GMT
#1158
I'm still very much around. I can't promise you activity on my side, but there are still some others who play. Maybe if my friends start playing BF a bit again which could randomly happen, I'll be playing actively again.

You, and anyone here really, feel free to add me to Flist if you want, and do the same with people in the platoon since that's really the main use of it.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-16 22:01:20
June 16 2014 21:58 GMT
#1159
I have you added already.

Myself and my co-worker play on Weekends (usually Saturday daytime), so if you're around; I can add you in. We're not amazing; top 5 but we have a lot of fun in vehicles and just goofing around. I don't know, it's pretty fun when we play

I could use advice on loadouts. I'm not particular about guns that "suit" me as I suck and just want the most OP setup for my vehicles and shit.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Zero.Tha.Hero
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada155 Posts
June 16 2014 22:59 GMT
#1160
I'm only a few hours in to BF4 MP gameplay, but I feel like I've figured out most of the best situational vehicle loadouts... Unlocking the infantry weapons, and determining which are really worth focusing on, that is yet to come in past franchise titles (BC2, BF3) I let the true hardcores do the work for me; I just checked leaderboards for classes and SPM, looking for frequent high usage of particular weapons by players ranking high those leaderboards. In most cases, I find that the weapons identified through this method are often the "best" weapons in the game.
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 62 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM932
TKL 359
IndyStarCraft 236
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 932
ByuN 381
TKL 359
IndyStarCraft 236
Reynor 177
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47049
Calm 2907
actioN 154
firebathero 146
Shuttle 64
Mong 41
ToSsGirL 24
Rock 23
Pusan 23
soO 22
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 20
Aegong 18
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10242
Dendi1039
Counter-Strike
fl0m5745
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1394
Liquid`Hasu364
MindelVK8
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1882
FrodaN1283
B2W.Neo700
Beastyqt680
olofmeister469
Mlord452
Khaldor451
KnowMe299
crisheroes195
Livibee133
ToD87
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick274
BasetradeTV181
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 36
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• niya90s 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach63
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV547
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1476
Other Games
• Shiphtur689
• imaqtpie543
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 31m
OSC
5h 31m
Replay Cast
5h 31m
OSC
18h 31m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.