• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:01
CEST 18:01
KST 01:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8172 users

Battlefield 4 - Page 60

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 Next
Pik
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany176 Posts
June 23 2014 10:50 GMT
#1181
It's hard to master. With that RoF and only 26 rounds when you miss your first burst you are done. Plus the massive reloadtime, you basically win every 1v1 but there are many guns that will get you 2 or 3 kills like the ACE23.

On Flood Zone the roofs are so small and close that you can clear them easily with an XM25.
wow, this gank is gonna be easy....
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-23 11:08:33
June 23 2014 11:04 GMT
#1182
It's more liberating when destroying everyone on the roof with bursts of 25mm but I was referring more to my own team that prefer to sit on the roof as terrible snipers.

And after playing over 250 hours of BF4, I've pretty much got the burst down so the FAMAS is still my preferred weapon of choice for clusterfuck maps like Lockers. On the other hand, I feel the 416 is superior to the ACE23 in all categories especially with a suppressor, even though symthic stats give the edge to the ACE23 in muzzle velocity(A meager 3%) the reload times justifies my fanboyism to the 416.

edit: I rarely use support so the XM25 is almost alien to me. Anytime I use it, I always assume that it will explode on contact of the enemy but its not always the case when firing it as a lateral projectile.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Pik
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany176 Posts
June 23 2014 11:23 GMT
#1183
There are a few Youtube videos which describe how the XM25 works.

I dont have a favorite gun. I always get my 500 kill badge and then move to the next. Keeps the gameplay fresh.

In Planetside I played each gun to Auraxium medal @ 1160 kills and then never touched it again.

I always hated those 100 Service Star M16A3 guys in BF3...
wow, this gank is gonna be easy....
Divine-Sneaker
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1225 Posts
June 23 2014 11:38 GMT
#1184
My opinion on the XM25 and all the other shitty gadgets haven't changed one bit. They're still pieces of shit that shouldn't be in the game. If the level design was better, every building would have multiple access points that cannot be covered efficiently.

The inane addition of equipment that was all seemingly added for no other reason than being cool, or used in real combat is a significant part of what makes gameplay a lot worse than it could and should be.
Pik
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany176 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-23 13:30:09
June 23 2014 13:27 GMT
#1185
I like the XM25 because it deals with roofcamping very well and efficent. In BF3 you couldnt clear a roof like Kharg Island DM or Gulf of Oman. The XM25 has a very specific task there. What i dont get, why is there a shotgun variant. 0o

SUAV, CAV and the upcoming EOD bots with grenade launcher or gatling gut (wtf) are fun for 5 minutes and after that will only be used by exploiters if they can be used for kill farming. I dont get the point of those either...
wow, this gank is gonna be easy....
AutoEngineer
Profile Joined June 2014
United States97 Posts
June 24 2014 08:40 GMT
#1186
On June 22 2014 23:26 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 06:53 AutoEngineer wrote:
On June 21 2014 16:14 zoLo wrote:
On June 21 2014 15:33 AutoEngineer wrote:
Is BF4 still popular?

When will EA announce BF5 or the successor of BF4?

Is it still worth getting BF4 now?


As of now, I would say BF4 is popular. I play on the PC, and there are plenty of servers with a lot of people playing. I think the game will dwindle over time when Hardline is out this fall. I would say the game is not worth it. Even with the latest patch there are still problems.


Thanks for the reply.

Hmm I thought Hardline was fundamentally very different from BF4?

I've watched some videos of Hardline on Youtube and it seems like more of a GTA style game mixed with some Battlefield elements. I'd rather play Watch Dogs to be honest.


Don't be fooled, it is BF4 in the same vein and style of gameplay.

32 vs 32 on a slightly smaller and less useful map.
More gadgets.
Same basic classes.
Less useful vehicles except for transportation.
Still chaotic, still round-base
Buy weapons instead of unlocking them by playing rounds and earning money.


But Hardline looks like a cartoonish version of BF4?

It doesn't look as realistic as BF4.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 24 2014 11:51 GMT
#1187
The Auto Anti-Air gadget has got to be the dumbest shit in the fucking world.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
June 24 2014 18:03 GMT
#1188
The AA mines? I agree, there already are enough stingers and active radar goodness.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
June 24 2014 18:53 GMT
#1189
On June 23 2014 20:04 Disregard wrote:
It's more liberating when destroying everyone on the roof with bursts of 25mm but I was referring more to my own team that prefer to sit on the roof as terrible snipers.

And after playing over 250 hours of BF4, I've pretty much got the burst down so the FAMAS is still my preferred weapon of choice for clusterfuck maps like Lockers. On the other hand, I feel the 416 is superior to the ACE23 in all categories especially with a suppressor, even though symthic stats give the edge to the ACE23 in muzzle velocity(A meager 3%) the reload times justifies my fanboyism to the 416.

edit: I rarely use support so the XM25 is almost alien to me. Anytime I use it, I always assume that it will explode on contact of the enemy but its not always the case when firing it as a lateral projectile.


I actually prefer the L85 because the side to side recoil is symmetric.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 24 2014 18:58 GMT
#1190
Anyone try CTE? I'd try it if it didn't make me install a whole 'nother client.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 17 2014 11:44 GMT
#1191
Aynone still play? Dragon's TEeth is not bad
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
AutoEngineer
Profile Joined June 2014
United States97 Posts
July 18 2014 05:24 GMT
#1192
So gonna buy BF4 tomorrow. Should I get just standard BF4 and not the Deluxe or Premium editions?

Do people play the BF4 DLCs more than they play the original BF4?

If I just buy the standard BF4, would I miss out on a lot?
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
July 18 2014 06:14 GMT
#1193
Although there are plenty of servers running standard but might as well get premium. I only run vanilla + second assault and it limits me to playing on majority of the servers or my friends.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
July 18 2014 06:40 GMT
#1194
So premium seems like the best choice on nPC.
Will most likely buy this game once I get my new computer, if only to support DICE. Game Dev student here, and I've been to some expos where DICE staff has given presentations, and lots of the staff seems like nice persons
EZ4ENCE
Pik
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany176 Posts
July 18 2014 07:18 GMT
#1195
Dragons Teeth

Bulldog/Eagle mouthbreathers...
Haven't seen many Riot Shields, which is good.

I like 2 maps, Pearl Market and Propaganda.
Pearl Market only if you like extreme close quarters, there are millions of corners/angles with 3 floor levels, chaotic, but a nice change.
Propaganda, large, simple, linear map and by far the best map of this DLC. From shotgun to long range sniping everything viable, nothing overpowered.

The Bad: Sunken Dragon looks nice at first, but holy shit what a balance nightmare. Those capture points... Oo
Lumphini Garden would be a great Sniper Elite map, totally unplayable in my opinion...

Chain Link is like Domination on steroids. Flanking is the name of the game. I mean even the guys that flank you while you flank are getting flanked. my new CQ mode.

overall 5/10
wow, this gank is gonna be easy....
Irratonalys
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany902 Posts
July 18 2014 07:37 GMT
#1196
The Desert eagle is just fucking ridiculous. basically the existence of the gun invalidates the Magnum , the Rex , the SW40 , the Unica and the M1911 completly
The futures uncertain , but the end is always near
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 18 2014 10:06 GMT
#1197
Some of these achievements are fucking ridiculous. I'm finally getting around to assignments and some of them I personally don't want to bother.

Also, I don't know how anyone can play sniper; it's incredibly difficult with the first two guns
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Pik
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany176 Posts
July 18 2014 12:38 GMT
#1198
most of the new assignments are reasonable, but none of them add something to the game.. those Second Assault Achievements were way worse... still dont have a few of them
wow, this gank is gonna be easy....
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 18 2014 12:47 GMT
#1199
I have to do those as well.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-19 00:14:28
July 19 2014 00:13 GMT
#1200
Recon is easy once you get straight pull. M98B or SRR-61 paired with Shorty is godly.

edit: You just have to get used to quick scoping for CQC.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM680
IndyStarCraft 155
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 680
Reynor 312
ByuN 256
TKL 244
IndyStarCraft 155
Railgan 72
Codebar 56
BRAT_OK 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55650
Bisu 2892
Calm 2413
FanTaSy 946
Stork 602
Rush 470
hero 322
firebathero 162
actioN 138
Sharp 104
[ Show more ]
Free 52
ToSsGirL 40
Pusan 32
Mong 30
Rock 25
soO 23
Sexy 19
Aegong 17
Hm[arnc] 17
Terrorterran 17
HiyA 16
Noble 13
scan(afreeca) 10
Sacsri 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10124
Dendi1087
Counter-Strike
fl0m4492
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK5
Other Games
singsing2156
Liquid`RaSZi1595
B2W.Neo711
Beastyqt627
olofmeister546
Mlord490
Khaldor413
KnowMe303
crisheroes175
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV276
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Hinosc 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Reevou 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV526
League of Legends
• Nemesis3215
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1551
Other Games
• Shiphtur440
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 59m
OSC
6h 59m
Replay Cast
6h 59m
OSC
19h 59m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.