• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:09
CEST 18:09
KST 01:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9187 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 666 667 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
hotbreakfest
Profile Joined May 2011
United States145 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 05:06:40
June 07 2011 05:06 GMT
#61
Meh... I think most of you guys are being drama queens. Everybody can block the twins, but not everyone can keep up with Vanilla Sagat's zoning. Considering that grappling characters have good matchups vs. the twins, I don't think that tournament play will devolve into Yun vs. Yun. In ST, O. Sagat definitely has an advantage vs. a lot of the cast, but he can be countered. I'm disappointed that Ono decided to nerf zoning, as Justin Wong said "You can't out-sentinel, a better sentinel". In other words, Guile vs Guile is more competitive than Yun vs Yun.
holdthephone
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States523 Posts
June 07 2011 05:10 GMT
#62
Sako held his own with Ibuki there pretty well, isn't she bottom tier in Japan right now?
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
June 07 2011 05:55 GMT
#63
I've never been a big fighting game player except smash melee, but I'm definitely buying this for pc when it comes out. I'll take another swing at fighting games
Gorguts
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada254 Posts
June 07 2011 06:15 GMT
#64
I'll be playing Yun.

Might as well hop on the bandwagon, better than being a complainer anyways.
Arhkangel
Profile Joined August 2007
Argentina769 Posts
June 07 2011 06:30 GMT
#65
Haven't touched AE yet but my god I'm excited for this. I main Vega and I think I'm going to have a blast with the twins. From the videos I see all they have is pressure but their actual zoning game is crap, hence they have a hard time with grapplers and Balrog shutting them down with jabs. On the other hand not exited at all about playing buffed Ken but I'm so so so happy Ryu got hit hard with the nerf stick.

I was so sad to hear how OP people think the twins are. I loved playing Yang in 3S but it looks like he went from punishment centered character to a rushdown beast and that is not my style.
Part Time Ninja
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
June 07 2011 07:13 GMT
#66
Alright guys, it is past 12 am PST. the wait begins.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
June 07 2011 07:21 GMT
#67
Seriously...I'm impatient
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
broz0rs
Profile Joined July 2008
United States2294 Posts
June 07 2011 07:24 GMT
#68
not up on PSN at 12am PST. oh well
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
June 07 2011 07:56 GMT
#69
I'm expecting a 2-3AM PST. So right around the time GSL and SPL start.
Jimmy Raynor
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
902 Posts
June 07 2011 08:05 GMT
#70
Hey, with the release of arcade edition for PC, I am thinking to get into the game, and I got a question for the veterans. How did you choose your main character. As I am reading most of the posts seem really complicated, and it looks like to fully explore a character you have to play a lot. Just by looking at the character list I think I like the most Ibuki. Is that character any fun, how hard is it to learn all the moves etc?
Crazyseal
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom259 Posts
June 07 2011 08:06 GMT
#71
Is anyone getting the game for PC?
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
June 07 2011 08:12 GMT
#72
On June 07 2011 17:06 Crazyseal wrote:
Is anyone getting the game for PC?

Already preordered. Consoles are for scrubs!
Jitensha
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden68 Posts
June 07 2011 08:21 GMT
#73
Are there any balance changes at all from AE to .. "home" AE?

I remember the new cast being really difficult to deal with as Sim. Dem dive kicks XD
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
June 07 2011 08:30 GMT
#74
On June 07 2011 17:05 Jimmy Raynor wrote:
Hey, with the release of arcade edition for PC, I am thinking to get into the game, and I got a question for the veterans. How did you choose your main character. As I am reading most of the posts seem really complicated, and it looks like to fully explore a character you have to play a lot. Just by looking at the character list I think I like the most Ibuki. Is that character any fun, how hard is it to learn all the moves etc?


Choosing your main character is really simple. Just pick a character you like and then start playing with them. Watch some Japanese players play that character so you can get a feel for how they're supposed to be used then go at it.

Ibuki is an incredibly fun character for me but she is really really difficult to play. A lot of her more advanced stuff is specific to the character and she's not a very good character. However if you like her then by all means go for it. No harm in playing a character you think is cool even if it may be difficult to get off your feet.


On June 07 2011 17:21 Jitensha wrote:
Are there any balance changes at all from AE to .. "home" AE?

I remember the new cast being really difficult to deal with as Sim. Dem dive kicks XD


Nope, there aren't any changes. It's just a straight port of the arcade version.
Wasteland
Profile Joined March 2010
United States22 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 08:52:20
June 07 2011 08:45 GMT
#75
On June 07 2011 17:05 Jimmy Raynor wrote:
Hey, with the release of arcade edition for PC, I am thinking to get into the game, and I got a question for the veterans. How did you choose your main character. As I am reading most of the posts seem really complicated, and it looks like to fully explore a character you have to play a lot. Just by looking at the character list I think I like the most Ibuki. Is that character any fun, how hard is it to learn all the moves etc?


Ibuki has some rather advanced stuff you need to know to utilize her fully; she is, however, not a bad character, but the usual advice is pick someone with higher life/stun. Vortex characters such as Akuma/Ibuki are execution heavy, and rely on, like I said, rather advanced stuff.

A lot of people recommend Ryu to learn the game because he has all of the tools you need to learn the game: fireball, DP, some solid links, good normals, etc. By that same token, some people swear by Balrog to be a good learning character for similar reasons, although he is a charge character.

It's absolutely up to you, but certain characters are simply not good without the application of their tools properly. When you start out you cannot know how to use the options without practice. For example, Akuma without maximizing his oki setups, and option-selects is a low stamina, low stun liability even if he is (was?) the, "best," shoto. (tier list joke here)
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
June 07 2011 08:49 GMT
#76
Yeah this is total BS. Just came back to the house and was hoping that AE would finally be up. Oh well, should be soon enough.

@JimmyRaynor, yeah, just pick a character you like / identify with. It's kind of like Starcraft, eventually you start dabbling in the other races (which is crucial in order to know their mindset / range of moves, etc.). I started with Ryu, then moved to Akuma. Now I'm switching to Yun, which definitely requires a mindset switch. I would recommend starting with a grappler though (cough, Zangief), I think they're very powerful at the low-medium skill levels and are still viable at the highest levels of play.
too easy
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
June 07 2011 09:05 GMT
#77
I have to wait for PC version T_______T
Crazyseal
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom259 Posts
June 07 2011 09:10 GMT
#78
Nice! Atleast some people are getting it for PC, we can get a thread and matches going once its out then!
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
June 07 2011 09:32 GMT
#79
downloadin'
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
June 07 2011 09:42 GMT
#80
PSN getting trolled hard man.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 666 667 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM383
TaKeTV 51
BRAT_OK 13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 383
ProTech145
TKL 74
UpATreeSC 68
Codebar 35
Rex 33
BRAT_OK 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1303
Shuttle 1114
EffOrt 514
ggaemo 336
Mini 329
Stork 265
firebathero 200
Light 181
Dewaltoss 103
Rush 102
[ Show more ]
Barracks 85
910 75
Zeus 56
sorry 56
Killer 53
Mong 45
Shine 44
Hyun 43
Shinee 42
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 23
soO 22
Aegong 21
Sexy 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4311
Dendi1946
BananaSlamJamma432
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 712
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes592
Other Games
singsing2073
Liquid`RaSZi2040
hiko1196
B2W.Neo1021
Liquid`VortiX238
Sick170
ArmadaUGS155
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream518
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2263
• TFBlade759
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 52m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.