• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:14
CEST 03:14
KST 10:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5651 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 666 667 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
June 06 2011 19:21 GMT
#21
i actually don't think they'll add two more characters. if you look at the way the character select screen is set up, adding a character to the bottom right would cover part of the countdown timer. doesn't make it look like an 'empty' space
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
June 06 2011 19:24 GMT
#22
On June 07 2011 04:18 exalted wrote:
Any theories about two possible characters? SSF4 was my first fighting game so I don't know any of the older cast, but new characters would be cool, obviously. My read is that there won't be, seeing how there has been 0 news of other unlockables in the Arcade.

Also, when is AE coming out already? In the next 12 hours, or are we still looking at 1 full day? Just excited ;p


2 more new characters? thought they were ending it with oni/evil ryu.

if not, then gimme back RX colored urien plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (although aegis reflector would probably be ridiculously nerfed/changed that it just wouldn't feel right)

random thought, but a month ago saw sf2 the animated movie and thought would be cool if sf4 had grassy thunderstorm stage aka. ryu vs sagat sf1 fight. that'd be pretty kewl ^^
Forever Young
dragoonkf
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Singapore1256 Posts
June 06 2011 19:28 GMT
#23
If i get to add 2 more characters, i hope it would be Rolento and Sodom/Karin.
Inter.MinD/Free[gm]/Stork fan
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
June 06 2011 19:31 GMT
#24
Definitely going to be staying up to midnight tonight so I can do the download! Going to be going back to Makoto and of course still rolling with Adon.

And I don't think there will be any new characters, it seems there just about finished with AE for now and are focusing on SxT. So i expect to see characters that didn't make it in Super will be shown in that game.
Twitter: @KingKosi
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
June 06 2011 19:33 GMT
#25
What I really want is more stages. Pretty sick of all the stages there (including the awesome/cliche Old Temple) and it would be awesome if there were more. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case =[.
too easy
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 19:36:46
June 06 2011 19:33 GMT
#26
Some people claiming it will be out at midnight, they could just be dumb though lol

I've been mashing on ggpo 3s a lot lately, so I'm excited to be able to main yun in multiple games. (CvS2 Yun has been erased from my memory)

I honestly doubt the matchups are that bad... I think it more has to do with the arcade setting. When you're paying over $1 per match, trying out unpopular characters isn't very appealing. People ran sagat nonstop in vanilla arcades, and a lot of the cast didn't get properly explored until console release. In hindsight, it's kinda funny how long people thought fei was bad.

I hope AE successfully pulls people back from marvel 3, I'm tired of even seeing that most disappointing game on streams.

I'm gonna have to practice for a while just not to automatically try for hop kick x2, palm every time I get a Geneijin >.>

They're changing some hilariously random stuff about rog, but I might keep playing him for the chance of playing in a tournament without 50% mirror matches.

I feel REAL bad for any guile players. Capcom is basically nerfing freedom and justice into oblivion, and filling the void with communism. True Americans will have an steep, uphill battle this version :[

edit: @exalted, I definitely agree about stages. I would love to get some mix of CvS2, ST, MvC2, and 3S stages into the lineup.

Seriously. I'd pay for DLC evil cave face stage from marvel or the random city in CvS2 where dudley is reading a newspaper with boxing gloves.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
June 06 2011 19:36 GMT
#27
yeah i think the dominance of yun/yang is overblown right now.

as far as my character goes i'm pretty sure i have advantage over yang and not a terrible unwinnable matchup vs yun, and i play a pixie rushdown character
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
June 06 2011 19:42 GMT
#28
I believe that Japanese players have been saying that Fei is actually #1 while the twins are behind him. But those three are still top 3 so it doesn't really matter at all. I believe Fei is #1 because Fei has like three good normals to completely blow up dive kick and just the fact that he controls horizontal space so well makes him such a good character.

@Trumpet, I think the match ups ARE that bad. I mean the bullshit Yun can do when he has a bar is ridiculous. He can do up to cr.strong cr.strong st.strong fake palm and still be in range to land an EX command grab. Depending on the character he gets 3-4 strongs in which leads to more wake up guessing games. His EX lunge is a broken move as well. You can combo into it if you cancel your st.strong fast enough and it leads to ultra. If you mess up your combo you get in for free and have frame advantage to play with. That isn't all of the crap he has. I switched from Rog to Yun cause I'm a tier whore haha. Never going to go back.
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
June 06 2011 19:45 GMT
#29
Demoninja tell me more Yun tech! cr.mp cr.mp st.mp -> fake palm into EX grab is possible mixup? Do we ever actually cancel st.mp into real palm instead of just going for EX/HK upkicks / MP lunge?
too easy
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 19:57:37
June 06 2011 19:50 GMT
#30
Enjoy your pm. I'll post it up here when I get some more info down. There's really good write ups on SRK as well.

@Oops, Evil Ryu is definitely closer to Ryu in my opinion. He's a super solid footsies based character, the only difference is that he hits WAAY harder when he gets a punish and eats a shit ton more damage. Like one hp palm from Yun does ~15% on him lol. While E.Ryu's tools are similar to Akuma but he's supposed to use them in a different way.
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
June 06 2011 19:53 GMT
#31
On June 07 2011 03:56 Myrmidon wrote:
I haven't been keeping up with AE. I need to figure out who's at least 4-6 against twins (and is not Gief or Fei***, since I'm not interested in playing them) and hit the lab.

***edit: and also not twins -_-;;

edit2: I thought it was supposed to be released June 7th. Anyway, AE is soon!


Impossible, the twins are 7-free against everyone, real talk.

I heard somewhere that Balrog supposedly could stand up against the yun's rushdown. Dunno how accurate it is.

Anyone else think Edmond Ryu is exactly like Akuma? I've seen Japanese E. Ryu vids and i can't tell the difference between those two.
Fan of the Jangbanger
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 20:29:12
June 06 2011 19:54 GMT
#32
On June 07 2011 04:33 exalted wrote:
What I really want is more stages. Pretty sick of all the stages there (including the awesome/cliche Old Temple) and it would be awesome if there were more. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case =[.

The training stage is too awesome to get old.

Is there a good overview with the changes? I'm interested in what they did to Gouken/Gen.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
June 06 2011 19:58 GMT
#33
And so the Yun whining begins even here on TL...

Yun has good mixups and great options to get in. People bitch about him but his frame data for normals are probably better than his specials, but if he whiffs a special the recovery frames on Yun are pretty obscene. Stop respecting yun the moment he's on the other side of the screen and you'll be fine. If you don't like playing rushdown then god help your soul.

I already preordered AE for steam, will be playing Yun, since I've always played characters from Hong Kong lol. Now it's just a wait until PC edition comes out next month.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
CyuntiyuL
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada1740 Posts
June 06 2011 19:59 GMT
#34
I'm sad that there are no useful changes to Viper. They should have buffed her st.rh to make it more viable as an anti-air normal because as is, she's pretty gimped when it comes to anti-airs. fp thunder knuckle either trades, which isn't always bad as it can combo into another knuckle, ultra, or air burn kick, but it really sucks online where you need to do it early to make it work.

I was thinking about going back to Chun, but two more Rufus-like match-ups sounds like hell. :/
secret base
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 20:04:18
June 06 2011 20:02 GMT
#35
@Zslasher Don't worry Zlasher, I use Yun as well haha I just like to present my information about him in a whining way because he's seriously one of the strongest characters in the game, and definitely worse than vanilla Sagat in my opinion. And the problem is good Yuns wont whiff a special unless he's full screen and then it'll be a mp. palm.

@Lucumo http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jun/06/reminder-change-notes-super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition/ Someone was kind enough to compile all the AE changes here. This isn't ALL of them but it does cover a large chunk of them.

@Cyunityull Even though Viper didn't get any buffs, she got indirectly buffed by having most of the cast get nerfed. The only match up I think changed dramatically is the one vs Makoto but then again, most of Makoto's match ups got a lot better.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
June 06 2011 20:07 GMT
#36
On June 07 2011 04:53 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2011 03:56 Myrmidon wrote:
I haven't been keeping up with AE. I need to figure out who's at least 4-6 against twins (and is not Gief or Fei***, since I'm not interested in playing them) and hit the lab.

***edit: and also not twins -_-;;

edit2: I thought it was supposed to be released June 7th. Anyway, AE is soon!


Impossible, the twins are 7-free against everyone, real talk.

I heard somewhere that Balrog supposedly could stand up against the yun's rushdown. Dunno how accurate it is.

Anyone else think Edmond Ryu is exactly like Akuma? I've seen Japanese E. Ryu vids and i can't tell the difference between those two.


Air's blog explains evil ryu http://airryu.blogspot.com/2011/04/evil-ryu.html
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 20:12:52
June 06 2011 20:11 GMT
#37
I don't have any X-Box but I'm firmly waiting for it to be available on Steam. I think it'll be during next month.
My arcade stick is Hwaiting

Too bad the console and the PC version won't share the same servers. (Or will they ?)
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
June 06 2011 20:13 GMT
#38
On June 07 2011 05:02 Demoninja wrote:
@Zslasher Don't worry Zlasher, I use Yun as well haha I just like to present my information about him in a whining way because he's seriously one of the strongest characters in the game, and definitely worse than vanilla Sagat in my opinion. And the problem is good Yuns wont whiff a special unless he's full screen and then it'll be a mp. palm.

@Lucumo http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jun/06/reminder-change-notes-super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition/ Someone was kind enough to compile all the AE changes here. This isn't ALL of them but it does cover a large chunk of them.

@Cyunityull Even though Viper didn't get any buffs, she got indirectly buffed by having most of the cast get nerfed. The only match up I think changed dramatically is the one vs Makoto but then again, most of Makoto's match ups got a lot better.


Yeah dude I mean I think he's still top tier no doubt but he's by no means unbeatable. Also from hearing and talking with a lot of pros they said this is by no means on the level of vanilla sagat. People just haven't figured him out yet.

On June 07 2011 04:59 CyuntiyuL wrote:
I'm sad that there are no useful changes to Viper. They should have buffed her st.rh to make it more viable as an anti-air normal because as is, she's pretty gimped when it comes to anti-airs. fp thunder knuckle either trades, which isn't always bad as it can combo into another knuckle, ultra, or air burn kick, but it really sucks online where you need to do it early to make it work.

I was thinking about going back to Chun, but two more Rufus-like match-ups sounds like hell. :/


Jesus christ, Viper doesn't need buffs are you kidding lol, she's the derpiest character around after a knockdown its absolutely silly.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 20:21:04
June 06 2011 20:17 GMT
#39
On June 07 2011 04:58 Zlasher wrote:
And so the Yun whining begins even here on TL...

Yun has good mixups and great options to get in. People bitch about him but his frame data for normals are probably better than his specials, but if he whiffs a special the recovery frames on Yun are pretty obscene. Stop respecting yun the moment he's on the other side of the screen and you'll be fine. If you don't like playing rushdown then god help your soul.


lol that's a pretty bad way of putting it. that's likes saying "yea vipers/sagat good and all but if she/he whiffs a siesmo/TU/TK u got em" fight somebody who doesn't whiff shit out and it'll look a lil different.

seems pretty bad when yun has u in blockstun, but i don't think its nearly as bad as it's out to be. looking at the top players winning with him, it's not like they wouldn't be winning with other characters.

maybe it's because it had the "new game hype" but i felt vanilla was the best installment of sf4. for me its vanilla>AE>super. dunno y though
Forever Young
Wasteland
Profile Joined March 2010
United States22 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 20:18:55
June 06 2011 20:17 GMT
#40
On June 07 2011 04:16 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2011 04:07 sung_moon wrote:
AE ken is basically super ken with better normals, same mixup game, kara throw, with ryu links now.

edit: really cammy A-tier? haven't been keeping up with the AE scene outside of playing it myself, but i really thought no more non ex cannon strike would be a major nerf for her.
also most of u guys know this but AE makoto is nuts


instant tkcs was really good, but it's not entirely necessary for her pressure game. having it cost a meter is just fine. she's still an incredibly strong character who hasn't really been developed in super past tkcs + option selects. she is still very, very good


As an ex-Cammy player (yes yes, Yun bandwagon engaged) she's certainly lost some pressure options without tkcs. A very good punish was tkcs, c.fierce, c.strong/forward xx rh drill, I'm not sure you can do it now without doing the divekick super deep -- I say this is all without having played AE, just off of the notes, so take it with a grain of salt. Luckily you can still TK the EX version leaving Sako combo untouched.

Tkcs aside, Cammy's normals, which were notoriously bad in super, have almost all gotten buffed by shortening recovery times. Overall I think Cammy is still a strong character, and her game definitely did not revolve around tkcs, but it was helpful. (Although, now that I don't have to do it anymore I won't occasionally fuck up the input and get random DPs, which is certainly nice.)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 666 667 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 132
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2555
Artosis 751
910 48
Dota 2
monkeys_forever673
NeuroSwarm197
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv272
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe147
Other Games
summit1g8635
JimRising 621
C9.Mang0294
Day[9].tv198
ArmadaUGS72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick832
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream336
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta17
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv198
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 46m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.