• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:22
CEST 12:22
KST 19:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8100 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 666

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 664 665 666 667 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 20:00:15
February 05 2016 19:56 GMT
#13301
There will be ENDLESS HORDES of Chun players because she's so strong and so easy to play

I think Karin is simply amazing and every Karin I played online does it wrong

edit: actually that's not true, I did play one Karin that actually played footsies with me and shit. Every other Karin seems to be in love with her 214+P... but it's not safe on block, and its easy to stuff on incoming lol

Her V-Trigger mixups are real as FUCK though. If you have full bar and V-Trigger, you can get 85% if they don't block the overhead ender, which resets the combo and allows you to link more shit. There's an interesting mindgame behind all that... the rest of her rekka enders simply lose to down-back, so if you can train them to down-back, they're susceptible to the overhead, which is super scary
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
February 05 2016 20:00 GMT
#13302
On February 06 2016 04:56 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
There will be ENDLESS HORDES of Chun players because she's so strong and so easy to play

I think Karin is simply amazing and every Karin I played online does it wrong

Floe and Wong were both heavily on the Karin train by the end of Beta 4. Wong even ditched Chun who he was confident he'd main after going over Karin with Floe. I suspect Ryu and Karin will be the 2 most played just based on popularity, strength and overall community hype that I've seen.

I played Ken almost exclusively in Beta 4 and he's definitely not as weak as people claim but the cr.mp nerf (only +1 now) really hurts him. Ken relies heavily on hit confirm into big dmg but his buttons are so bad in the neutral it can be a real struggle to get the opening. I just hope I can commit to a main asap and not jump around, Ken/Chun/Ryu are the current contenders (I'm boring I know).
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
February 05 2016 20:08 GMT
#13303

,,gg66666ggg,
gg,,,,gggggggg666666666666666666p
"666666666666666666666666666666&
"9666666666666666@&&P*"
"*9&P*"`
,,,,
4&&6666666p ,ggg,,,
6666666 ,g@66666666666gg
666666666666666666666666666`
,,gg666666666666666@&P*****R&$$
,,ggg66666666666666666P"
,,gg@6666666666666666666666666g
&66666666666666666@P""6666666P"66666g,
"66666666666@P' ,666666 "666666g
"*&$@&* /666666 "666666@g
g66666@ "6666666gg
g666666P "&6666666@g
g666666@ "6666666666g,
,g666666P` "&6666666666gg,
,g666666@" "66666666666666gg,
,g66666&* '966666666666666666gg,
,gg666&P" "6666666666666666666gg,
.=&PP*"" '"""**P9&&666666666g

FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
February 05 2016 20:15 GMT
#13304
On February 06 2016 05:00 crms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2016 04:56 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
There will be ENDLESS HORDES of Chun players because she's so strong and so easy to play

I think Karin is simply amazing and every Karin I played online does it wrong

Floe and Wong were both heavily on the Karin train by the end of Beta 4. Wong even ditched Chun who he was confident he'd main after going over Karin with Floe. I suspect Ryu and Karin will be the 2 most played just based on popularity, strength and overall community hype that I've seen.

I played Ken almost exclusively in Beta 4 and he's definitely not as weak as people claim but the cr.mp nerf (only +1 now) really hurts him. Ken relies heavily on hit confirm into big dmg but his buttons are so bad in the neutral it can be a real struggle to get the opening. I just hope I can commit to a main asap and not jump around, Ken/Chun/Ryu are the current contenders (I'm boring I know).


Ken is... I don't know where he sits. He felt SO much weaker than the previous versions of the beta, he felt kinda neutered. Still, its not the final build, and we won't know where anyone really stands until the game's been explored more.

Karin just suits my style, I like to bulldog people down and whiff punish, and the up-close mindgame between throw and frame trap is what I'm best at
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
February 05 2016 20:16 GMT
#13305
On February 06 2016 05:08 riotjune wrote:

,,gg66666ggg,
gg,,,,gggggggg666666666666666666p
"666666666666666666666666666666&
"9666666666666666@&&P*"
"*9&P*"`
,,,,
4&&6666666p ,ggg,,,
6666666 ,g@66666666666gg
666666666666666666666666666`
,,gg666666666666666@&P*****R&$$
,,ggg66666666666666666P"
,,gg@6666666666666666666666666g
&66666666666666666@P""6666666P"66666g,
"66666666666@P' ,666666 "666666g
"*&$@&* /666666 "666666@g
g66666@ "6666666gg
g666666P "&6666666@g
g666666@ "6666666666g,
,g666666P` "&6666666666gg,
,g666666@" "66666666666666gg,
,g66666&* '966666666666666666gg,
,gg666&P" "6666666666666666666gg,
.=&PP*"" '"""**P9&&666666666g



yessss pleaaaase

He'll definitely be in! Now where's Sakura?
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 20:23:25
February 05 2016 20:21 GMT
#13306
I didn't get to play Beta 4 but I hear even between Beta 4 and release there's been some significant changes. We'll see how it shakes up. For the first time on launch I actually have some local players interested in getting into it so I should be able to play/learn offline with friends instead of in the online hordes. So excited.

I have no idea who I'm most interested in yet so I'll probably just stick to basic bitch Ryu for a while and feel the game out. I'm actually crossing my fingers that Juri is sick as early DLC so I can commit to her because I'm a big fan but never put in enough work in SF4 to be totally comfortable with her.

I really like the idea of the pressure-heavy characters like Karin in SF5's engine but when I played her she felt so foreign and unintuitive. I struggle to practice with someone if they don't feel natural.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 20:32:42
February 05 2016 20:31 GMT
#13307
On February 06 2016 05:08 riotjune wrote:

,,gg66666ggg,
gg,,,,gggggggg666666666666666666p
"666666666666666666666666666666&
"9666666666666666@&&P*"
"*9&P*"`
,,,,
4&&6666666p ,ggg,,,
6666666 ,g@66666666666gg
666666666666666666666666666`
,,gg666666666666666@&P*****R&$$
,,ggg66666666666666666P"
,,gg@6666666666666666666666666g
&66666666666666666@P""6666666P"66666g,
"66666666666@P' ,666666 "666666g
"*&$@&* /666666 "666666@g
g66666@ "6666666gg
g666666P "&6666666@g
g666666@ "6666666666g,
,g666666P` "&6666666666gg,
,g666666@" "66666666666666gg,
,g66666&* '966666666666666666gg,
,gg666&P" "6666666666666666666gg,
.=&PP*"" '"""**P9&&666666666g


Akuma hidden character on release build, I'd barely survive the hype if such things were true. Instant main. :D

I've heard rumours about a dark/evil sakura in SFV, not sure how credible but could be interesting. Sakura was my first SF4 main so I'd definitely check her out if she came to SFV.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 20:46:45
February 05 2016 20:44 GMT
#13308
There's a german launch event going on at the moment for who wants to watch some SFV!

Edit: Fight_club_nrw on twitch, maybe want to mute it :D
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 20:51:44
February 05 2016 20:48 GMT
#13309
link?

Edit: k got it http://www.twitch.tv/fight_club_nrw
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
February 05 2016 20:51 GMT
#13310
All I hope for is that vega stinks and I don't ever have to play him . Has anyone played any good Sims? I am not sure how that character is faring since I didn't get to play a lot vs him either.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 21:01:14
February 05 2016 21:00 GMT
#13311
On February 06 2016 05:51 porkRaven wrote:
All I hope for is that vega stinks and I don't ever have to play him . Has anyone played any good Sims? I am not sure how that character is faring since I didn't get to play a lot vs him either.

I played against FilipinoChamp's sim during the beta and got wrecked. Not sure if that helps you, but the top tier sims, filipino/sabin(art) were definitely looking scary. You can probably find plenty of footage on youtube or vods at twitch.tv/nycfurby for more sim play.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Mannerheim
Profile Joined April 2007
766 Posts
February 05 2016 21:02 GMT
#13312
Vega doesn't stink, he's good but probably not top tier. Sim is really good, versatile and fun. Arturo and FChamp wrecked people with him in beta.
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
February 05 2016 21:18 GMT
#13313
Probably going to end up with a rushdown heavy/bulldog character as well, pretty dominant pick across most fighting games.

Plus it's fun when people play like they're the deer in the headlights. Then you come across an immovable rock that stomps your face in
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 21:31:46
February 05 2016 21:30 GMT
#13314
Part of bulldogging is being that immovable rock yourself! When you gain space, you do not give it back. put 'em in the corner

Defensive things like anti-airing contribute just as much to an aggressive playstyle as a defensive one. Especially in a game like this where you're heavily discouraged from challenging people's blockstrings. You block it out, you wait your turn. Letting your opponent jump in, even if it doesn't hit you, gives them extra "turns" to open you up
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
February 05 2016 21:38 GMT
#13315
Thank you Sensei, your input and wisdom are always welcome!
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
February 05 2016 21:56 GMT
#13316
Speaking of... I have more time with SFV than most people so far, so AMA I guess?
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 22:26:46
February 05 2016 22:20 GMT
#13317
HOW'D U GET EARLY ACCESS

ILLUMINATI

Seriously though other than Chun who else do you think is going to be solid right off the bat? There's so many characters that seem cool that I haven't seen much of. Laura, Rashid, new Vega. The shotos seem to be getting the short end of the stick as the betas progressed. I have no idea what new Sim is going to play like either but he looked sick in the previews. I think Necalli's aesthetic is my favorite but I didn't connect with him well in the earlier betas, not sure if he's changed.

Overall the game seems more rushdown/bulldog-y in general. Would you agree with that? Or is that just strong when a game is young and people are learning options and matchups. Love what you said about important defensive aspects being key even when you're bullying someone btw.
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 22:45:54
February 05 2016 22:39 GMT
#13318
Solid off the bat? No one has mentioned Nash in a while. He should easily be top 5 off the bat (or at least in the last 2 beta phases). Chun, Bison and Birdie can definitely fight for the top spots too. Most of the cast is going to be solid I feel. I can't think of anyone who makes me go "don't pick this guy if you want to win stuff." However, I will say that I feel underwhelmed by Ken in his current state XD

The game does promote more offensive play. Defense is still important of course, but the game is very momentum based. There is no more super powered come back mechanic such as Ultras or "get out of jail free" cards (I use that term very loosely) like wakeup reversal FADC so it's not as easy to turn a match around. V-Trigger does build from taking damage and they are pretty damn useful, but they don't always have the same comback factor that Ultras did.

Back dashes even get counter hit properties and lost a lot of invincibility so if you don't know how to block, you WILL eat frame traps all day. The name of the game is Counter Hit. It is usually better to eat a throw than get a counter hit combo (especially a crush counter combo) so in most defensive situations, your best option is to block.

Edit: As for your comment on the Shotos, Ryu is actually very scary in the current build of the game. He may not have broken tools that stand out from the cast, but a good Ryu player can definitely make use of basic fundamentals to hold his own. Actually, scratch that. A good STREET FIGHTER player with solid fundamentals can make Ryu very scary.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
February 05 2016 22:44 GMT
#13319
On February 06 2016 07:39 o3.power91 wrote:
Edit: As for your comment on the Shotos, Ryu is actually very scary in the current build of the game. He may not have broken tools that stand out from the cast, but a good Ryu player can definitely make use of basic fundamentals to hold his own. Actually, scratch that. A good STREET FIGHTER player with solid fundamentals can make Ryu very scary.

Did they actually give him a little love back? All I heard every beta was nerfs nerfs nerfs. Or is he still that good even after the nerfs?

I got to play for a couple hours in beta 2 (I think?) with just Ken and that was it. I've been bummed to have missed so much beta play but it just means more to experience on release I guess lol
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 22:51:24
February 05 2016 22:47 GMT
#13320
On February 06 2016 07:44 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2016 07:39 o3.power91 wrote:
Edit: As for your comment on the Shotos, Ryu is actually very scary in the current build of the game. He may not have broken tools that stand out from the cast, but a good Ryu player can definitely make use of basic fundamentals to hold his own. Actually, scratch that. A good STREET FIGHTER player with solid fundamentals can make Ryu very scary.

Did they actually give him a little love back? All I heard every beta was nerfs nerfs nerfs. Or is he still that good even after the nerfs?

I got to play for a couple hours in beta 2 (I think?) with just Ken and that was it. I've been bummed to have missed so much beta play but it just means more to experience on release I guess lol

They did actually. People complained about him getting a lot of nerfs in beta 2, and I'm not too sure about beta 3, but he was pretty strong in beta 4.
+ Show Spoiler +

NEW Beta 4 Stuff
+ Forward Throw - Damage 110 -> 120, Stun 150 -> 170
+ Back Throw - Damage 130 -> 140, Stun 150 -> 200
+ V-Reversal - On block -3 -> -2
+ 5HP - On block -2 -> -1, hitbox expanded upwards
+5HK - Damage 80 -> 90
+ 2HP - Damage 60 -> 70 (later frames)
+ 2MK - On hit 0 -> +1, on block -4 -> -3
+ 2HK - Damage 90 -> 100
+6MP - On block -7 -> -5 (?) (Old frame data says -6 originally),
+LK Tatsu - Juggle mechanics changed (Looks like it might be able to juggle after now?)

NEW Beta 4 Stuff
- 5HK no longer causes proximity blocking during recovery
- Backwards Walk speed - 0.034 -> 0.032
- 5MK - Hurtbox expanded forwards during startup, hitbox reduced in width
- 8HK - Hitbox reduced in height
- Fireball (All) - Lowerbody hurtbox expanded during recovery frames, Arm hurtbox expanded in height and very slightly reduced in width during active recovery frames

o 2MP - hurtbox during active frames expanded slightly upwards, lower body reduced. Hitbox lower portion reduced, less
likely to hit lower positioned moves. Hurtbox during recovery reduced in size and retracts sooner
o 6MP 2nd hitbox reduced downward in height, hitbox on 2nd active frame of 2nd hit reduced in width (less reach) hurtbox on 2nd hit reduced forward on first active frame, hurtbox during recovery remains extended longer
o 6HP - Hit/Block stun changed on first hit (?), lower body hurtbox added during early startup frames
o TC5HK - Juggle mechanics changed (?)
o 8MK - Hitbox moved upward (Maybe makes crossups more difficult? Seems to overlap pushbox more now)


These are the changes they made to him last beta according to SRK. There are some things not listed though. For example, I believe they increased his cr.MK range slightly, which is a huge deal for his footsie game and corner push.
Prev 1 664 665 666 667 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11748
StarCastTV_EN278
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings43
CranKy Ducklings SOOP14
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 7132
Jaedong 3259
EffOrt 2090
actioN 892
BeSt 830
Killer 497
Soma 497
Horang2 449
Pusan 347
ZerO 331
[ Show more ]
Stork 183
Zeus 159
Rush 99
JYJ 91
soO 69
HiyA 61
Barracks 52
Mong 39
ToSsGirL 36
Shinee 33
Bale 28
Sharp 24
NaDa 21
sorry 20
Sexy 20
Terrorterran 16
JulyZerg 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc3382
XaKoH 362
Counter-Strike
edward62
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1025
WinterStarcraft839
Other Games
gofns55330
singsing1322
olofmeister1228
ceh9543
byalli369
Livibee195
Pyrionflax122
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick515
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream390
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 178
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1920
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 38m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.