• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:15
CEST 01:15
KST 08:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8714 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 665

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 663 664 665 666 667 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Ophe
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden388 Posts
January 27 2016 18:48 GMT
#13281
You guys who have played the beta, what kind of graphics card are you using? I'll need upgrade mine but it kind of feels like a waste to pay for a 970 or something when SFV is the only game I'll play and most likely on low or close to low settings too. Any recommendations?
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
January 27 2016 19:07 GMT
#13282
I use a GTX 970 but I guess that doesn't help you

I can confirm that there is no lag with that card at least.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
January 27 2016 19:08 GMT
#13283
my old PC had to use some creative settings to get a solid 60 fps, I think that build was:

i5 2500k OC'd at like 3.8?
8 gig ram
2x Twin Frozr 6950 2gig edition (crossfire)

To be noted, the beta didn't support crossfire setups at that time which made me have to run off a single card which I'm sure didn't help. I had to use low everything with some resolution scaling, the game looked ~OK~ and I could get 60 fps but I wouldn't say it was ideal.

I just built a new tower though and the last beta I ran 60 fps with all settings maxed, feelsgood.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 27 2016 20:58 GMT
#13284
On January 28 2016 03:48 Ophe wrote:
You guys who have played the beta, what kind of graphics card are you using? I'll need upgrade mine but it kind of feels like a waste to pay for a 970 or something when SFV is the only game I'll play and most likely on low or close to low settings too. Any recommendations?

I have a 660 Ti that's a couple years old and it ran pretty great (i5 processor, 16 GB ram)
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4019 Posts
January 27 2016 22:45 GMT
#13285
Hard to say whether SF4 should be there, it's hard to top last year. At least this way there is 1 clear winner, and he's not just the guy who got the lucky SFV win while SF4 was the 'real' competition.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
January 28 2016 17:13 GMT
#13286
On January 28 2016 07:45 aseq wrote:
Hard to say whether SF4 should be there, it's hard to top last year. At least this way there is 1 clear winner, and he's not just the guy who got the lucky SFV win while SF4 was the 'real' competition.


Tbh I think it'd be the other way around. Whoever would win sf4 this year would be remembered as the champ of the year everyone was playing sfv. That said, it's gonna be real weird being at a major that doesn't have SF4, feels like the change from the pre-sf4 days where evo ran the same games every year to them all suddenly being gone.
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
January 28 2016 17:45 GMT
#13287
Yeah I think part of why they are not doing it because it would be so popular and they cant handle it. Almost everyone entering SFV would enter SF4 just cause they are there. I wonder how the top players feel. I would not want to practice both games at the same time and focus on the game that could get me the Capcom Cup.
It is what it is
AsianEcksDragon
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1036 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-29 07:15:45
January 29 2016 07:15 GMT
#13288


I know a lot of people like to shit on Focus Attacks but I'm gonna miss sick resets like this one. Capcom should remove that cinematic from V-Trigger.
神は乗り越えられる試練しか与えない
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
January 29 2016 07:54 GMT
#13289
Man sfiv was my first fighting man game it is a shame it has to go. Although unlike many I love me sume of my SFV. Can't wait to see people when they have more time with it.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
January 30 2016 15:28 GMT
#13290
I hope that there will be a way to check where your opponent is from before you accept ranked games. In SFIV you could just avoid countries you knew was gonna be a bad connection.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
February 05 2016 10:07 GMT
#13291
SFV is unreal. It's so good. Have about 40hrs with the game between the last two betas and a cracked pc version. Chun is the best character in the game by a country mile, followed by Bison. Naturally, I'm gonna main Karin...
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
February 05 2016 12:48 GMT
#13292
I haven't found a character that resonates with me yet, might end up playing a shoto. TBH I played very little during the beta's, a couple of hours max but now that the release date is drawing nearer I'm getting swept up in the hype.

There are still a couple of unreleased chars right?
Mannerheim
Profile Joined April 2007
766 Posts
February 05 2016 13:47 GMT
#13293
I'll be starting with Bison and Nash. Though probably more Bison, as apparently Japan thinks Nash is the best character in the game (or was in beta) so he'll be really popular.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
February 05 2016 14:24 GMT
#13294
I wuv me some necali. SFV IS DA BOMB
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
February 05 2016 14:39 GMT
#13295
On February 05 2016 21:48 2stra wrote:
I haven't found a character that resonates with me yet, might end up playing a shoto. TBH I played very little during the beta's, a couple of hours max but now that the release date is drawing nearer I'm getting swept up in the hype.

There are still a couple of unreleased chars right?


I think the only character people haven't played is Fang. The rest (Guile etc.) are DLCs with unknown release dates.
Ophe
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden388 Posts
February 05 2016 14:52 GMT
#13296
I tried those I was somewhat interested in last beta (Ryu, Chun and Birdie) and it'll definitely be Chun for me until Guile or maybe Rog is released. Unless Fang is awesome. Him being charge got me intrigued.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
February 05 2016 16:05 GMT
#13297
what is so good about chun? I've only played 2 laggy matches vs her.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
February 05 2016 16:47 GMT
#13298
On February 06 2016 01:05 porkRaven wrote:
what is so good about chun? I've only played 2 laggy matches vs her.

i'm not convinced shes the #1 character but she has amazing normals and some nice links. She's definitely top 3 or 5. I'm torn on who to main after 50 hours of beta. Ken, Chun or Ryu, who will win the prize. :O
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Gyabo
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States329 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-05 17:58:31
February 05 2016 17:57 GMT
#13299
I was playing mostly Chun in the last beta, she felt really strong to me. She has great defensive tools with a fireball, good range normals, and a solid anti-air in st.lk (the hitbox on this move is really good). Her pressure is also good, she has some nice buttons for frametraps (f+hk beats throws and gives you a combo on counterhit) and a very useful hit confirm (cr.lp, st.mp, cr.mk xx legs). In v-trigger, her pressure goes from good to really good. Buttons get 2 hits and better hit stun and block stun, which means better frametraps and new combos. Overhead links into cr.lp which links into cr.mk and you cancel into sbk since you’ll have down charge during this combo. Sbk hits crouching opponents in this game.

Overall, she’s a really solid character with no apparent weaknesses. I know she also has short hop setups/shenanigans but I don’t know any of those so I didn’t mention them.

The only thing that bothered me was the input change on her lightning legs. Not that I liked mash inputs but if you have down charge and accidentally tiger knee the quarter circle motion you’ll get sbk instead of legs. I cringed watching Justin vs Ricky at the Madcatz V Cup. Justin did ex sbk at 3 weird looking times and I know it’s because he was trying to do ex legs. Gotta train myself to get out of such a useful habit lol.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
February 05 2016 19:55 GMT
#13300
Chun's good for a pretty simple reason.. She has the best defensive neutral throughout the cast. Based on her moveset alone, without V-Trigger, she'd be playable on the strength of her buttons alone. With V-Trigger, she gets offensive options that other characters don't have - she's able to link from pretty much any of her buttons, including her overhead, including her low-crushing f+hk, everything.

Short hop legs is incredibly strong, it's + on block and she can combo out of it. It's just hard to do. There's a height restriction on air legs that can be circumvented by kara-cancelling her down+mk in the air. The input is 23682+mk

The only character I think she has any trouble against is Birdie
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Prev 1 663 664 665 666 667 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE137
CosmosSc2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 594
Artosis 553
910 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever623
League of Legends
JimRising 550
Counter-Strike
minikerr17
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5910
Other Games
summit1g7752
shahzam570
C9.Mang0282
ArmadaUGS82
Trikslyr44
ZombieGrub30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick547
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen256
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
45m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 45m
Stellar Fest
13h 45m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.