• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:58
CEST 03:58
KST 10:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7209 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 284

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 282 283 284 285 286 665 Next
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
January 27 2013 07:48 GMT
#5661
On January 27 2013 15:17 Judicator wrote:
Oh forgot to mention an interesting story.

So I sat next to a new draft player at RTR FMN and he opened a Sphinxs Revelation and was about to pass it. Told him that it really wasnt a choice so ended up taking it over a Healer.

Later in the night I wanted to trade for it and he wanted 2 Grove of the Guardians and a bunch of commons and uncommons for it. I made sure that he knew the extreme difference in price and he just didn't care. So thats how I managed to flip 2 Groves and old draft junk into a Sphinxs. Also picked up a foil Vedalken Orerrey and regular Decree of Pain for 1 Silverblade. Pretty nifty trades.


Basically what Jingle said; you helped him out with the draft, was friendly and honest with him about the cards and their cost when you traded with him, and (I would suspect) he had fun with the draft and trading the entire night. Sure, if he sticks around to become a regular at your store he might lament the decision, but to him right now he's just trying to enjoy this new thing and you showcased how good/honest the community can be.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
January 27 2013 07:50 GMT
#5662
I punted so many games ((((

Gruul makes you play wrong!
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
January 27 2013 08:14 GMT
#5663
Boros twice ezez. 1st in the second event top 4 the first event.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
January 27 2013 09:08 GMT
#5664
On January 27 2013 14:34 CajunMan wrote:
I went Dimir for the prerelease and I must say it was TERRIBLE. There are some cool cards in the set and I can't wait to finish my mill deck with my stuff but man Dimir alone is just so slow and blood rush+evolve stuff is ridiculous and fast. 0-4 in matches had a few close but got nothing for my trouble


I wouldn't say Dimir is terrible. My prerelease Dimir deck was pretty strong (especially if I set myself up well). The problem was I couldn't pull out the removals I needed. They came too late (or didn't had enough). BUT I do admit Gruul has some monster stuff. I didn't play against a simic at all though :c

I don't know about you but milling someone and swing with a Abberation for 17 in one turn was pretty wicked.
Aiyeeeee
Narcind
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2489 Posts
January 27 2013 10:16 GMT
#5665
On January 27 2013 14:34 CajunMan wrote:
I went Dimir for the prerelease and I must say it was TERRIBLE. There are some cool cards in the set and I can't wait to finish my mill deck with my stuff but man Dimir alone is just so slow and blood rush+evolve stuff is ridiculous and fast. 0-4 in matches had a few close but got nothing for my trouble


I don't think it was terrible at all. I struggled vs gruul though, and boros just rolled me over, so if you got to play vs those decks a lot, I could see why you'd think that. I didn't have particularly great pulls though, not bad by any means, but not that bomby either.

Decklist:

+ Show Spoiler +

1 Consuming Aberration
1 Immortal Servitude
1 Sepulchral Primordial
1 Soul Ransom
1 Coerced Confession
1 Mindeye Drake
1 Balustrade Spy
2 Deathcult Rogue
2 Sage's Row Denizen
2 Mortus Strider
1 Corpe Blockade
1 Hands of Binding
1 Duskmantle Guildmage
1 Metropolis Sprite
1 Shadow Alley Denizen
1 Rapid Hybridization
2 Beckon Apparition
2 Death's Approach
1 Watery Grave
1 Guildgate

And basic lands

Soul Ransom never did anything for me, because when I drew it I was always in a dying situation, and it never helped me turn that around. The primordial won me one game when I milled an aurelia, then it was just game when I took that, never did much apart from that though. The Consuming Aberration is probably the best card in the deck though, it didn't do shit vs boros, and was very hit/miss vs gruul, because I had a hard time milling much of anything before I was dead. It absolutely wrecked another dimir player though, it was already pretty big, at 15/15, then it milled 12 cards before it hit a land, both of us just sat there laughing
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
January 27 2013 10:56 GMT
#5666

thanks for giving me some confidence in my choice of dimir for tomorrow. I've felt a bit hesitant about it since there's so much negative output online but screw them time to go for it.


went 3-0-1 intentional draw at prerelease with dimir. pretty fun, but i only got to play one dimir card LOL (the promo). was a pretty good time.
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
Jugan
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1566 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 11:14:25
January 27 2013 11:13 GMT
#5667
On January 27 2013 14:37 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 14:35 deth2munkies wrote:
On January 27 2013 14:34 CajunMan wrote:
I went Dimir for the prerelease and I must say it was TERRIBLE. There are some cool cards in the set and I can't wait to finish my mill deck with my stuff but man Dimir alone is just so slow and blood rush+evolve stuff is ridiculous and fast. 0-4 in matches had a few close but got nothing for my trouble


Dimir has the best promo and the worst everything else.


Eh, looking at it, it has some serious potential for at least local level competition in constructed play. I wouldn't want to try and draft that though.


I dunno, the Dimir promo looks like the worst of the 5 (in constructed), except for maybe the Boros one. As for limited, it's definitely a first-pick bomb in draft and splashable bomb in sealed.

My friend who had done a lot of practice gatecrash drafts online was saying that Boros and Gruul are the way to go for draft.
Even a Savior couldn't fix all problems. www.twitch.tv/xJugan
junseung
Profile Joined September 2012
Norway4 Posts
January 27 2013 12:31 GMT
#5668
My pre-release story:
Never been to a pre-release before, but drafted now and then. I was really looking forward to it.
I chose to go the 2nd day cause I thought it'd be less crowded and less pressure. Anyway I show up 40 min before the event was supposed to start, and apparently it was full. There were a lot of regular players who were angry and talking about boycotting the venue, for FNM I suppose. They said there were only 39 spots. Anyway there was no online information posted by the venue so I assumed I'd be fine, maybe not get the guild I wanted. Live and learn I suppose.
Kimchi
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
January 27 2013 13:54 GMT
#5669
On January 27 2013 21:31 junseung wrote:
My pre-release story:
Never been to a pre-release before, but drafted now and then. I was really looking forward to it.
I chose to go the 2nd day cause I thought it'd be less crowded and less pressure. Anyway I show up 40 min before the event was supposed to start, and apparently it was full. There were a lot of regular players who were angry and talking about boycotting the venue, for FNM I suppose. They said there were only 39 spots. Anyway there was no online information posted by the venue so I assumed I'd be fine, maybe not get the guild I wanted. Live and learn I suppose.


Wow, that sucks The game store I used to go to let you register ahead of time for the Prerelease. You easily could have missed out on that, but I'm guessing based on the angry regulars that this wasn't offered, since otherwise they surely would have managed to sign up.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
January 27 2013 14:50 GMT
#5670
Judi, the Mercilessly Shrewd Dealer in Trades.

Praying there's still an event at my local store today. Still gonna go Boros. If anything happens, I'll share my story too.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
January 27 2013 19:45 GMT
#5671
Heading back to my local store to play again today, gonna boros again since those are my colors anyway. Went 3-1 opening night, then dropped 2 more to go 3-3 and lose my spot in the money Definitely learned some lessons though, hoping to place far better this time.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 27 2013 23:21 GMT
#5672
Dear fellow Esper players,

In an obvious control mirror, Consuming Aberration is not a mainboard win con, Ghost Council is not a mainboard win con.
Thank you for tapping out so I can resolve cards that you have 0 or next to 0 interaction potential like a Sorin, a Jace, or a lovely Tamiyo. They're inevitably going to tick up to their ultimates because you have 0 interactivity if any of the aforementioned cards die and rest assuredly, they will die. Stop throwing the game.

Thank you
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 27 2013 23:28 GMT
#5673
On January 28 2013 08:21 Judicator wrote:
Dear fellow Esper players,

In an obvious control mirror, Consuming Aberration is not a mainboard win con, Ghost Council is not a mainboard win con.
Thank you for tapping out so I can resolve cards that you have 0 or next to 0 interaction potential like a Sorin, a Jace, or a lovely Tamiyo. They're inevitably going to tick up to their ultimates because you have 0 interactivity if any of the aforementioned cards die and rest assuredly, they will die. Stop throwing the game.

Thank you


Do you seriously not play O-ring?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 23:35:55
January 27 2013 23:35 GMT
#5674
On January 28 2013 08:28 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 08:21 Judicator wrote:
Dear fellow Esper players,

In an obvious control mirror, Consuming Aberration is not a mainboard win con, Ghost Council is not a mainboard win con.
Thank you for tapping out so I can resolve cards that you have 0 or next to 0 interaction potential like a Sorin, a Jace, or a lovely Tamiyo. They're inevitably going to tick up to their ultimates because you have 0 interactivity if any of the aforementioned cards die and rest assuredly, they will die. Stop throwing the game.

Thank you


Do you seriously not play O-ring?


O-ring/Sphere is a terrible answer to any on curve PWs. For most decks it's a one-of if that.

If their line is turn 5/6 any thing, then lose it to an instant spell, then the following turn have to tap out again or close to tap out for a O-ring/Sphere. That's some brave line to take to re-stabilize in a control match-up. If jace got an activation, then its even more miserable, if sorin made a token, that's a legitimate clock, and if tamiyo tapped a land, well shit, you better hope I don't have a 3rd walker or a Sphinx's Rev.

This line literally only makes sense if you know that you'll be drawing gas and the opponent is drawing shit. Highly unlikely situation.

Edit: Or that you Duressed them the turn before.
Get it by your hands...
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
January 28 2013 00:05 GMT
#5675
is there a deck that man handles izzet post? that deck is so damn hard to beat as delver.
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
January 28 2013 00:33 GMT
#5676
Did Dimir yesterday. Got a bunch of cards I wanted for a constructed deck, but I didn't get enough support creatures or speed to take out the other guys. Ended up doing pretty bad bleh.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 01:21:06
January 28 2013 01:19 GMT
#5677
On January 28 2013 08:21 Judicator wrote:
Dear fellow Esper players,

In an obvious control mirror, Consuming Aberration is not a mainboard win con, Ghost Council is not a mainboard win con.
Thank you for tapping out so I can resolve cards that you have 0 or next to 0 interaction potential like a Sorin, a Jace, or a lovely Tamiyo. They're inevitably going to tick up to their ultimates because you have 0 interactivity if any of the aforementioned cards die and rest assuredly, they will die. Stop throwing the game.

Thank you


...What. Okay, I can understand the idea behind playing something like Ghost Council or Consuming Aberration in the main deck. I don't particularly like it, but I understand it. But why the FUCK would you tap out for it in a control mirror!? Seriously! I mean...it's not like you're in a hurry. There's absolutely no reason to play it on Turn 5 instead of Turn 7-8 with counter backup.

Why don't I get to play against these people? :/

And what am I missing with Oblivion Ring? I don't understand why any Esper player would ever play O-Ring. Looking at O-Ring and Sphere, it seems that Detention Sphere is simply strictly better in virtually every scenario imaginable. The only time I'd ever want O-Ring over Sphere is in a control mirror where I wanted to exile an opposing Sphere in order to get my card back, but even then I'd rather have Sphere in the actual matchup, since it's far more likely I need to exile multiple tokens at once than that I need to exile an opposing Sphere.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 02:05:06
January 28 2013 02:02 GMT
#5678
Hmm, anyone with more experience got any thoughts about a Simic/Golgari bastardization, to double up Scavenge and Evolve with each other?

Especially with say, Corpsejack Menace and Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord? Oh, and Prime Speaker Zegana, of course.

Then, Bioshift when they declare blockers.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 28 2013 02:49 GMT
#5679
Too cute when you are in format of Supreme Verdicts.
Get it by your hands...
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 28 2013 02:51 GMT
#5680
On January 28 2013 11:49 Judicator wrote:
Too cute when you are in format of Supreme Verdicts.


Does that cut through, say, an Evos Isle?
Prev 1 282 283 284 285 286 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 162
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 311
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
Doublelift5843
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
taco 11
Other Games
summit1g12146
C9.Mang0347
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1069
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP160
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 2m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 2m
Replay Cast
21h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.