• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:13
CEST 03:13
KST 10:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8648 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 283

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 281 282 283 284 285 665 Next
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 04:50:56
January 27 2013 04:50 GMT
#5641
So, now that I'm getting them written up, the current versions of my decks.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jingle-aggro-1/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jingle-exalted-1/

<3

Took some advice where I could. I don't consider them finished, but they seem to do ok based on some minimal testing.

Although tappedout is being insane.
Brocket
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia192 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 05:13:16
January 27 2013 05:05 GMT
#5642
The site seems a bit dodgy, especially loading time wise. But have you considered going a bit more black (more black cards and more swamps, less of the bladetusk boar say) since you do have nighthawk in your aggro, so you may find currently that you won't be able to cast your 3 drop nighthawk on turn 3. Some pretty cool aggro creatures for black that I like are thrill-kill assassin, carnophage, vampire lacerator, bloodghast. I noticed you have 2 nighthawks in 1 deck but 3 in the other, why not have 4 and just switch them into the deck you're playing?

Also having some board control to take out 3 toughness creatures like terminate, lightning bolt (or its cheaper cousins searing spear/incinerate) will help.. And I really like blightning as it deals card advantage + damage to the face. And there's that cool 5 drop red/black that cascades "bituminous blast" or "bitch blast" for short.

Edit: if you are still keen on keeping the red cards (which is perfectly fine) try goblin bushwhacker, goblin wardriver, goblin guide. There are some advantages going all goblins if you choose that path like goblin piledriver, goblin chieftain, goblin ringleader, any "goblin X".

Edit2: A more expensive option but more effective would be trying to get cards close to the top 8 decks, like
Kyohei Kawaguchi's Rakdos Black
http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/td/225
I don't know what happened.
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
January 27 2013 05:07 GMT
#5643
On January 27 2013 13:47 Judicator wrote:
Deathpact Angel is just bleh for Cube.

Anyways version 5 million (not really, closer to 10 though) of that Esper list. Still not sure about it, but I guess part of that is due to the fact that the scene is really volatile and its hard to come up with a base removal package (which I always feel like its the most important part of any UB/X deck).

+ Show Spoiler +

// Lands
4 [ISD] Isolated Chapel
4 [M13] Drowned Catacomb
3 [M13] Glacial Fortress
3 [RTR] Hallowed Fountain
2 [RTR] Island (1)
1 [AVR] Swamp (3)
1 [M13] Plains (4)
4 [GTC] Watery Grave
3 [ISD] Nephalia Drownyard
2 [GTC] Godless Shrine

// Creatures
3 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
1 [M13] Augur of Bolas

// Spells
4 [RTR] Sphinx's Revelation
2 [DKA] Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
2 [AVR] Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
1 [RTR] Jace, Architect of Thought
4 [RTR] Supreme Verdict
2 [ISD] Dissipate
3 [M13] Jace, Memory Adept
1 [RTR] Detention Sphere
2 [ISD] Think Twice
1 [GTC] Devour Flesh
1 [GTC] Orzhov Charm
1 [GTC] Dimir Charm
2 [DKA] Tragic Slip
1 [RTR] Azorius Charm
2 [RTR] Ultimate Price

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [GTC] Devour Flesh
SB: 1 [M13] Oblivion Ring
SB: 1 [M13] Duress
SB: 2 [AVR] Terminus
SB: 1 [RTR] Dispel
SB: 1 [M13] Negate
SB: 2 [RTR] Cyclonic Rift
SB: 1 [DKA] Curse of Echoes
SB: 1 [ISD] Ghost Quarter
SB: 1 [GTC] Merciless Eviction
SB: 2 [AVR] Restoration Angel


Only 2 Think Twice? Think Twice is just a really, really good card. I can't live without four of them. Then again, your Augur and Snapcasters may fill that role, as I play a creatureless Esper.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
whatwhatanut
Profile Joined December 2010
United States195 Posts
January 27 2013 05:11 GMT
#5644
On January 27 2013 14:07 Salivanth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 13:47 Judicator wrote:
Deathpact Angel is just bleh for Cube.

Anyways version 5 million (not really, closer to 10 though) of that Esper list. Still not sure about it, but I guess part of that is due to the fact that the scene is really volatile and its hard to come up with a base removal package (which I always feel like its the most important part of any UB/X deck).

+ Show Spoiler +

// Lands
4 [ISD] Isolated Chapel
4 [M13] Drowned Catacomb
3 [M13] Glacial Fortress
3 [RTR] Hallowed Fountain
2 [RTR] Island (1)
1 [AVR] Swamp (3)
1 [M13] Plains (4)
4 [GTC] Watery Grave
3 [ISD] Nephalia Drownyard
2 [GTC] Godless Shrine

// Creatures
3 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
1 [M13] Augur of Bolas

// Spells
4 [RTR] Sphinx's Revelation
2 [DKA] Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
2 [AVR] Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
1 [RTR] Jace, Architect of Thought
4 [RTR] Supreme Verdict
2 [ISD] Dissipate
3 [M13] Jace, Memory Adept
1 [RTR] Detention Sphere
2 [ISD] Think Twice
1 [GTC] Devour Flesh
1 [GTC] Orzhov Charm
1 [GTC] Dimir Charm
2 [DKA] Tragic Slip
1 [RTR] Azorius Charm
2 [RTR] Ultimate Price

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [GTC] Devour Flesh
SB: 1 [M13] Oblivion Ring
SB: 1 [M13] Duress
SB: 2 [AVR] Terminus
SB: 1 [RTR] Dispel
SB: 1 [M13] Negate
SB: 2 [RTR] Cyclonic Rift
SB: 1 [DKA] Curse of Echoes
SB: 1 [ISD] Ghost Quarter
SB: 1 [GTC] Merciless Eviction
SB: 2 [AVR] Restoration Angel


Only 2 Think Twice? Think Twice is just a really, really good card. I can't live without four of them. Then again, your Augur and Snapcasters may fill that role, as I play a creatureless Esper.


That deck seems a bit to miser for the aggro that is gonna be raping people down on turn 4-5 consistently. I would streamline my deck to beat aggro with some powerful wincons and lots of wrath/removal. I would use my sideboard for control/midrange.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 05:21:48
January 27 2013 05:18 GMT
#5645
On January 27 2013 14:05 Brocket wrote:
The site seems a bit dodgy, especially loading time wise. But have you considered going a bit more black (more black cards and more swamps, less of the bladetusk boar say) since you do have nighthawk in your aggro, so you may find currently that you won't be able to cast your 3 drop nighthawk on turn 3. Some pretty cool aggro creatures for black that I like are thrill-kill assassin, carnophage, vampire lacerator, bloodghast. I noticed you have 2 nighthawks in 1 deck but 3 in the other, why not have 4 and just switch them into the deck you're playing?

Also having some board control to take out 3 toughness creatures like terminate, lightning bolt (or its cheaper cousins searing spear/incinerate) will help.. And I really like blightning as it deals card advantage + damage to the face. And there's that cool 5 drop red/black that cascades "bituminous blast" or "bitch blast" for short.


People here suggested the site, today it's just been a bit wonky on time.

I thought about deeper black on the aggro deck, but I kind of like the speed of it now. The nighthawks in that one are actually filling more of a turn 4-5 "oh, you just dropped that combo you worked hard for, eat deathtouch blocking so I can turn my board sideways one more time" role. If I run into trouble getting them out for that, I might increase them in it, but they've been ok so far. It is just a beautiful card though.

The reason I'm trying to keep my mana pretty balanced is because if I had to bring black off my sideboard, I need mana. Sideboard is control options, some smelts, and some Pyreheart Wolf for getting through massive defenses.

I haven't plugged the sideboard in yet due to those same slow loading issues.

Those Thrill-Kills would be cute, Carnophage seems like he'd be kind of a nuisance if I ran into a snag on the whole "everything in the red zone" thing, same with the Lacerator. Bloodghast could be handy, although given the pace this deck plays, I'm not sure the Landfall would actually pay for itself, unless I ran into another aggro deck and chumped with them constantly.

Could be an ok sideboard, but I'm not convinced it would be any better there than the Pyrehearts. However, I'm also a nublet, so convince me I'm wrong and I might consider trying to find a way to trade for one.

I do appreciate the feedback, and I swear, I'm plugging all of this into Gatherer if I don't recognize it, and trying to envision how it would fall into place with the way the deck played earlier.

Some of those goblins, however, do look fucking sexy. I may have to trade into some of those. Especially the guides/bushwhackers. Nothing worse than mana screw in an aggro deck, and haste is fucking sexy if you do have mana.
Brocket
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia192 Posts
January 27 2013 05:23 GMT
#5646
That's cool, it's good that you think about how the cards work in conjunction with your deck. Also plated geopede is another crazy good card that's super cheap and super effective first strike if you need more evasive/invasive creatures.
I don't know what happened.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 05:30:34
January 27 2013 05:29 GMT
#5647
Eh, I think I'd stick in more Mark of Mutiny over the Geopede. Only one more mana, and more flexible. Heh, my wife was playing the Exalted deck earlier, and since I haven't ditched the Xathrid Gorgon out of it, she put it on the field, along with Knight of Glory, and Guardians, for a fairly nasty wall, so I just marked the Gorgon, attacked with it to soften up the guardians for Electrickery, then just activated the Gorgon on itself while everything else I had swung for like 8 total, and then finished her with a burn.

Love that card.

I'm already so creature heavy in that deck that if anything, I'd drop a couple for a couple more utility options unless I was trading a creature out for a better option at the same cost.
Brocket
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia192 Posts
January 27 2013 05:32 GMT
#5648
Beating your wife is good and all, but try let her win sometimes too lol. I've never told my girlfriends I let them win as part of my master plan to keep them addicted to playing with me.
I don't know what happened.
CajunMan
Profile Joined July 2010
United States823 Posts
January 27 2013 05:34 GMT
#5649
I went Dimir for the prerelease and I must say it was TERRIBLE. There are some cool cards in the set and I can't wait to finish my mill deck with my stuff but man Dimir alone is just so slow and blood rush+evolve stuff is ridiculous and fast. 0-4 in matches had a few close but got nothing for my trouble
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 27 2013 05:35 GMT
#5650
On January 27 2013 14:34 CajunMan wrote:
I went Dimir for the prerelease and I must say it was TERRIBLE. There are some cool cards in the set and I can't wait to finish my mill deck with my stuff but man Dimir alone is just so slow and blood rush+evolve stuff is ridiculous and fast. 0-4 in matches had a few close but got nothing for my trouble


Dimir has the best promo and the worst everything else.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 27 2013 05:37 GMT
#5651
On January 27 2013 14:35 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 14:34 CajunMan wrote:
I went Dimir for the prerelease and I must say it was TERRIBLE. There are some cool cards in the set and I can't wait to finish my mill deck with my stuff but man Dimir alone is just so slow and blood rush+evolve stuff is ridiculous and fast. 0-4 in matches had a few close but got nothing for my trouble


Dimir has the best promo and the worst everything else.


Eh, looking at it, it has some serious potential for at least local level competition in constructed play. I wouldn't want to try and draft that though.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 27 2013 05:38 GMT
#5652
On January 27 2013 14:11 whatwhatanut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 14:07 Salivanth wrote:
On January 27 2013 13:47 Judicator wrote:
Deathpact Angel is just bleh for Cube.

Anyways version 5 million (not really, closer to 10 though) of that Esper list. Still not sure about it, but I guess part of that is due to the fact that the scene is really volatile and its hard to come up with a base removal package (which I always feel like its the most important part of any UB/X deck).

+ Show Spoiler +

// Lands
4 [ISD] Isolated Chapel
4 [M13] Drowned Catacomb
3 [M13] Glacial Fortress
3 [RTR] Hallowed Fountain
2 [RTR] Island (1)
1 [AVR] Swamp (3)
1 [M13] Plains (4)
4 [GTC] Watery Grave
3 [ISD] Nephalia Drownyard
2 [GTC] Godless Shrine

// Creatures
3 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
1 [M13] Augur of Bolas

// Spells
4 [RTR] Sphinx's Revelation
2 [DKA] Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
2 [AVR] Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
1 [RTR] Jace, Architect of Thought
4 [RTR] Supreme Verdict
2 [ISD] Dissipate
3 [M13] Jace, Memory Adept
1 [RTR] Detention Sphere
2 [ISD] Think Twice
1 [GTC] Devour Flesh
1 [GTC] Orzhov Charm
1 [GTC] Dimir Charm
2 [DKA] Tragic Slip
1 [RTR] Azorius Charm
2 [RTR] Ultimate Price

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [GTC] Devour Flesh
SB: 1 [M13] Oblivion Ring
SB: 1 [M13] Duress
SB: 2 [AVR] Terminus
SB: 1 [RTR] Dispel
SB: 1 [M13] Negate
SB: 2 [RTR] Cyclonic Rift
SB: 1 [DKA] Curse of Echoes
SB: 1 [ISD] Ghost Quarter
SB: 1 [GTC] Merciless Eviction
SB: 2 [AVR] Restoration Angel


Only 2 Think Twice? Think Twice is just a really, really good card. I can't live without four of them. Then again, your Augur and Snapcasters may fill that role, as I play a creatureless Esper.


That deck seems a bit to miser for the aggro that is gonna be raping people down on turn 4-5 consistently. I would streamline my deck to beat aggro with some powerful wincons and lots of wrath/removal. I would use my sideboard for control/midrange.


That's reasonable, but I feel my mainboard is good enough to take on control/midrange already provided they have a reasonable hand and not some curve out hand. Also, powerful wincons can very easily get jacked by Zealous Conscripts thats why you don't see me going more in on the other wincons.

Think Twice is just too much durdle, and isn't really "good" until I am in a comfortable position in which case Jace is a better option already.

Creatureless Esper I just hate because of 2 reasons, Snapcasters interact early on for on the draw situations. Snapcasters just serve as a double of whatever is there. As in, if I am in a tight situation later down the road, chances are another one of whatever is in my GY is probably enough to tilt the game state in my favor. Augur does a good job of digging. Think I do want a singleton Alchemy with the Snaps though.

In any case, like I said, the deck's compostion depends largely on the meta, like those Termini can easily be in the main board if I expect lots of aggro decks. If control takes over, then you could run Dimir Keyrunes over a few removal spells.
Get it by your hands...
Brocket
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia192 Posts
January 27 2013 05:39 GMT
#5653
@Cajun: What's your deck look like? You should be doing okay with grisly spectacle, metropis sprites, wight of precinct 6, cloudfin raptors, and if you get the mill going your promo and wights will make it game. I still believe Dimir can handle it if they can mill 33 cards in 5 or 6 turns.
I don't know what happened.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 27 2013 05:43 GMT
#5654
Dimir in draft is literally like drafting the Spider Spawning deck in ISDx3. You have to be able to pick up some cards and know what will wheel. They have some pretty good cards, but also some trap cards that do very little.
Get it by your hands...
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 05:48:31
January 27 2013 05:47 GMT
#5655
On January 27 2013 14:43 Judicator wrote:
Dimir in draft is literally like drafting the Spider Spawning deck in ISDx3. You have to be able to pick up some cards and know what will wheel. They have some pretty good cards, but also some trap cards that do very little.


Yeah, I'm considering my next foray into deck building being a Dimir/Orzhov semi-control extort/cipher go fuck yourself deck. Extort creatures on the field, Cipher spells onto them, laugh.

For draft, I have a feeling they might end up almost being viable soon just because you'll have your choice, since nobody will want them.
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 05:51:40
January 27 2013 05:49 GMT
#5656
got back from pre-relase. went 3-0, lost a game, then at 5-1 i dropped to 5-2 in a ridiculous mirror where my opponent had 2 boros charms and shocktrooper in his deck. 8th place out of 82 people.

Was boros obviously. From what I saw, blue green was balls to the walls insane and orzhov was getting shit on, and an abundance of boros decks (which mine won against every time except for the last). It felt like that face rolling BR aggro in standard, i swear.

deck:
+ Show Spoiler +

foundry street denizen
wojek halberdiers x2 (sick battalion effect)
frontline medic (op)
cinder elemental x2 (sick chumper with a fireball effect, never used it once but it made people concede a turn early)
crypt ghast (helps my black splash)
dying wish (fucks with people's math, gain life, etc. pretty nice)
guardian of the gateless (awesome angel that i play after i all-in, makes people take damage in the face thinking they can just crack back next turn)
deathpact angel (part of my splash, played her tons of times, 5/5 flyer can't be contested. never got to use her ability)
boros elite
molten primordial (sick huge drop that mind controls with haste)
daring skyjek (another good batallion effect)
assault griffin (yay flying)
sunhome guildmage (meh. used token generation a few times)
madcap skills (retardedly good card. ends games so fast, it was making people rage against boros players)
hold the gates (vigilance dominates the mirror)
orzhov keyrune (for splash mana)
foundry champion (game changing drop)
truefire paladin (awesome 2 drop. vigi and pump/first strike abilities)
beckon apparition (emergency chump block or target for madcap skills)
basilica guards (extort on this guy won me games, good defender)
skyknight legionnaire (haste flyer, what more do you want?)
boros guild gate
orzhov guild gate
plains x5
swamp x4
mountain x6

Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 05:55:59
January 27 2013 05:53 GMT
#5657
EDIT: Nvm, there were like, eight posts while I was gone, and they mentioned what I wanted to say anyway.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 27 2013 06:17 GMT
#5658
Oh forgot to mention an interesting story.

So I sat next to a new draft player at RTR FMN and he opened a Sphinxs Revelation and was about to pass it. Told him that it really wasnt a choice so ended up taking it over a Healer.

Later in the night I wanted to trade for it and he wanted 2 Grove of the Guardians and a bunch of commons and uncommons for it. I made sure that he knew the extreme difference in price and he just didn't care. So thats how I managed to flip 2 Groves and old draft junk into a Sphinxs. Also picked up a foil Vedalken Orerrey and regular Decree of Pain for 1 Silverblade. Pretty nifty trades.
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 27 2013 06:24 GMT
#5659
On January 27 2013 15:17 Judicator wrote:
Oh forgot to mention an interesting story.

So I sat next to a new draft player at RTR FMN and he opened a Sphinxs Revelation and was about to pass it. Told him that it really wasnt a choice so ended up taking it over a Healer.

Later in the night I wanted to trade for it and he wanted 2 Grove of the Guardians and a bunch of commons and uncommons for it. I made sure that he knew the extreme difference in price and he just didn't care. So thats how I managed to flip 2 Groves and old draft junk into a Sphinxs. Also picked up a foil Vedalken Orerrey and regular Decree of Pain for 1 Silverblade. Pretty nifty trades.


I can never find people like that

Normally when people want my commons and uncommons and junk rares, they have jack shit to trade for so I end up just giving them away (under $5 worth of cards).
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
January 27 2013 06:58 GMT
#5660
On January 27 2013 15:17 Judicator wrote:
Oh forgot to mention an interesting story.

So I sat next to a new draft player at RTR FMN and he opened a Sphinxs Revelation and was about to pass it. Told him that it really wasnt a choice so ended up taking it over a Healer.

Later in the night I wanted to trade for it and he wanted 2 Grove of the Guardians and a bunch of commons and uncommons for it. I made sure that he knew the extreme difference in price and he just didn't care. So thats how I managed to flip 2 Groves and old draft junk into a Sphinxs. Also picked up a foil Vedalken Orerrey and regular Decree of Pain for 1 Silverblade. Pretty nifty trades.


That's pretty much what happened with my Trostani foil from draft and steam vents from a booster I got before FNM last night. Although I was on the newbie end, and got the vast majority of my R/B aggro deck, with a combined value of similar to slightly more than the two cards I gave up.

And frankly, from the perspective of the newbie, we get the good end of that trade, just like you do. A good trade, everyone is happy with the results. And for someone with jack shit for cards, putting together a deck that works can be worth more than a single collector's piece.

Sure, to you, it's a great showcase item to really add that flash to your deck. And that would be badass for me too. But a "ooh shiny" foil worth $15 doesn't make a pile of random shit win games, and actually having some sort of chance of winning a game occasionally is fun too, especially if you just started.
Prev 1 281 282 283 284 285 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings97
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech107
RuFF_SC2 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 454
Bale 16
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
Doublelift6533
JimRising 728
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
Other Games
summit1g10510
C9.Mang0325
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1155
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP142
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 47m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 47m
Replay Cast
21h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.