• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:48
CEST 15:48
KST 22:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9019 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 95

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Fraidnot
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States824 Posts
April 27 2011 12:30 GMT
#1881
On April 27 2011 18:49 sc4k wrote:
To people who say there hasn't been action, they must be people who have read the books? For me, someone who rates his favourite show as The Wire, the pace of this show is intense right from the off. Changing scenes and moving forward in time without warning, changing characters suddenly and plot strings suddenly. There was loads of action and intrigue in the second episode. Right from the question of whether Bran would survive, to the assassination attempt, to that little douchebag Joffre's douchey attack on the ginger boy. I really like the tomboy girl actress, she is awesome :D. Although all that being said I am really put off by the nudity and sex scenes. Why can't they have some class, like the great and classic TV show 'I, Claudius'. There was far more implied sex in that show than there is in Spartacus, it was just that though, IMPLIED. I hate this modern style of showing tits and pounding flesh. If I want porn I'll get porn.


Were we watching the same show, where were these sudden changing characters and plot twists?
The moment you see Bran isn't in a coffin you know he's going to survive, so sending assassins doesn't even evoke danger because you know if he was going to die before he could wake up they'd have just had him not survive the fall or they wouldn't have sent an assassin because Bran just simply would wake up. And what could be more stereotypical than the spoiled prince being a brat and picking on the good characters? Seriously who cares about the butcher's boy in the first place? They might as well have just had him wear a red shirt.

Or what about the lack of tension when Ned killed the wolf. It's not like they've shown any real attachment between any of the characters and the wolves. Hell,Ned just a few minutes back was all set to just straight up kill them when he found them and then he looks all sad that he has to put the thing down? great action and intrigue there It's not enough to have assassins and direwolves action is about context.
zimms
Profile Joined November 2009
Austria561 Posts
April 27 2011 12:39 GMT
#1882
On April 27 2011 21:30 Fraidnot wrote:

[...]
The moment you see Bran isn't in a coffin you know he's going to survive, so sending assassins doesn't even evoke danger because you know if he was going to die before he could wake up they'd have just had him not survive the fall or they wouldn't have sent an assassin because Bran just simply would wake up. And what could be more stereotypical than the spoiled prince being a brat and picking on the good characters? Seriously who cares about the butcher's boy in the first place? They might as well have just had him wear a red shirt.


Hahaha! If thats the way you're thinking you'll be surprised very, very often in GoT. :D
PinkSoviet
Profile Joined March 2011
France45 Posts
April 27 2011 12:48 GMT
#1883
Well, honestly, I found that second episode really close to what I'd expect from your regular shitty teenage fantasy novel:
+ Show Spoiler +

almost lesbian action, a tomboy kicking a princial douchebag's ass, said prince being even more a douchebag, everybody surviving the assassin attack thanks to lassie, etc...

I was really hyped after the first episode, as I heard a lot of good about A song of ice and fire, but I start to fear a lot of this hype was just blind nostalgia by non-critical fanboys.

I hope I'm wrong, I've had enough of bad HBO with True blood.
6poolin' my way to master 4v4
Maginor
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway505 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 13:12:55
April 27 2011 13:07 GMT
#1884
On April 27 2011 21:30 Fraidnot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 18:49 sc4k wrote:
To people who say there hasn't been action, they must be people who have read the books? For me, someone who rates his favourite show as The Wire, the pace of this show is intense right from the off. Changing scenes and moving forward in time without warning, changing characters suddenly and plot strings suddenly. There was loads of action and intrigue in the second episode. Right from the question of whether Bran would survive, to the assassination attempt, to that little douchebag Joffre's douchey attack on the ginger boy. I really like the tomboy girl actress, she is awesome :D. Although all that being said I am really put off by the nudity and sex scenes. Why can't they have some class, like the great and classic TV show 'I, Claudius'. There was far more implied sex in that show than there is in Spartacus, it was just that though, IMPLIED. I hate this modern style of showing tits and pounding flesh. If I want porn I'll get porn.


Were we watching the same show, where were these sudden changing characters and plot twists?
The moment you see Bran isn't in a coffin you know he's going to survive, so sending assassins doesn't even evoke danger because you know if he was going to die before he could wake up they'd have just had him not survive the fall or they wouldn't have sent an assassin because Bran just simply would wake up. And what could be more stereotypical than the spoiled prince being a brat and picking on the good characters? Seriously who cares about the butcher's boy in the first place? They might as well have just had him wear a red shirt.

Or what about the lack of tension when Ned killed the wolf. It's not like they've shown any real attachment between any of the characters and the wolves. Hell,Ned just a few minutes back was all set to just straight up kill them when he found them and then he looks all sad that he has to put the thing down? great action and intrigue there It's not enough to have assassins and direwolves action is about context.


You may be right that they showed very little attachment to the wolves, and that this scene works much better for us who have read the books where the wolves are more prominent. If the story were written for television, they should probably have kept the wolves a little longer first, but changing the story so dramatically would not be a good idea for an adaptation.

Also, a lot of the scenes that seem unnecessary now, are actually very important for setting up the characters and preparing for what is going to happen later on. Thus it may seem very slow at the moment, but it will pick up pace later. Personally, I love most of the scenes because I know these characters better, and I know what significance they have. To be honest, when I read the first book for the first time, I also found it very boring in some of the earlier passages.

As I said, if the story was written for television in the first place, it would probably have been a lot different, and more like what you are used to. But you'll just have to live with that. Given that the majority of the posters here who have not read the book think the series is great, I think they have done a pretty good job with the adaptation.

PinkSoviet: It gets better and less stereotypical.
Icapica
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland206 Posts
April 27 2011 13:15 GMT
#1885
On April 27 2011 21:48 PinkSoviet wrote:
Well, honestly, I found that second episode really close to what I'd expect from your regular shitty teenage fantasy novel:
+ Show Spoiler +

almost lesbian action, a tomboy kicking a princial douchebag's ass, said prince being even more a douchebag, everybody surviving the assassin attack thanks to lassie, etc...

I was really hyped after the first episode, as I heard a lot of good about A song of ice and fire, but I start to fear a lot of this hype was just blind nostalgia by non-critical fanboys.

I hope I'm wrong, I've had enough of bad HBO with True blood.

The hype isn't just nostalgia. I know people who are reading the first book right now and they are totally loving it. From what I've read from reviews, the series will get way better (though I love it already) later in the first season. Also a lot of things that may seem like cliches now will get better later.

Oh yeah and there's no need to put in spoilers things that have been already shown in episodes.

I really wish I could forget everything about the books so that I could be watching the series without knowing the plot.
Midj
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada253 Posts
April 27 2011 13:17 GMT
#1886
On April 27 2011 21:48 PinkSoviet wrote:
Well, honestly, I found that second episode really close to what I'd expect from your regular shitty teenage fantasy novel:
+ Show Spoiler +

almost lesbian action, a tomboy kicking a princial douchebag's ass, said prince being even more a douchebag, everybody surviving the assassin attack thanks to lassie, etc...

I was really hyped after the first episode, as I heard a lot of good about A song of ice and fire, but I start to fear a lot of this hype was just blind nostalgia by non-critical fanboys.

I hope I'm wrong, I've had enough of bad HBO with True blood.


I feel like you are cherry picking your issues with the episode then condemning the whole because of two issues you don't entirely agree with. The Doreah and Dany scene is actually extremely important to the development of Dany later into the series. Whereas Arya's confrontation with Joffrey and the betrayal from Sansa is also super important to fleshing out the character for non-readers of the book.

Both of those scenes you mentioned have huge ramifications and you are tossing them aside because you think they are 'from your regular shitty teenage fantasy novel'.
I enjoy watching more than playing.
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
April 27 2011 13:19 GMT
#1887
On April 27 2011 21:48 PinkSoviet wrote:
Well, honestly, I found that second episode really close to what I'd expect from your regular shitty teenage fantasy novel:
+ Show Spoiler +

almost lesbian action, a tomboy kicking a princial douchebag's ass, said prince being even more a douchebag, everybody surviving the assassin attack thanks to lassie, etc...

I was really hyped after the first episode, as I heard a lot of good about A song of ice and fire, but I start to fear a lot of this hype was just blind nostalgia by non-critical fanboys.

I hope I'm wrong, I've had enough of bad HBO with True blood.


Relax atm it is setting up and introducing characters, plotlines and locations. It will pick up speed and intensity.That episode should be the one that is the closest to any "teenage fantasy story", because all the kids are the major focus here. I guess when episode 5 is coming it will really pick up and start to deliver. The problem is it just needs a lot of time before the action can really start. The second season will have the bonus that this won't be necessary and can pick up immediately.
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
April 27 2011 13:22 GMT
#1888
On April 27 2011 21:48 PinkSoviet wrote:
Well, honestly, I found that second episode really close to what I'd expect from your regular shitty teenage fantasy novel:
+ Show Spoiler +

almost lesbian action, a tomboy kicking a princial douchebag's ass, said prince being even more a douchebag, everybody surviving the assassin attack thanks to lassie, etc...

I was really hyped after the first episode, as I heard a lot of good about A song of ice and fire, but I start to fear a lot of this hype was just blind nostalgia by non-critical fanboys.

I hope I'm wrong, I've had enough of bad HBO with True blood.

So if I like this show I should read twilight?
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 13:25:40
April 27 2011 13:24 GMT
#1889
On April 27 2011 21:30 Fraidnot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 18:49 sc4k wrote:
To people who say there hasn't been action, they must be people who have read the books? For me, someone who rates his favourite show as The Wire, the pace of this show is intense right from the off. Changing scenes and moving forward in time without warning, changing characters suddenly and plot strings suddenly. There was loads of action and intrigue in the second episode. Right from the question of whether Bran would survive, to the assassination attempt, to that little douchebag Joffre's douchey attack on the ginger boy. I really like the tomboy girl actress, she is awesome :D. Although all that being said I am really put off by the nudity and sex scenes. Why can't they have some class, like the great and classic TV show 'I, Claudius'. There was far more implied sex in that show than there is in Spartacus, it was just that though, IMPLIED. I hate this modern style of showing tits and pounding flesh. If I want porn I'll get porn.


Were we watching the same show, where were these sudden changing characters and plot twists?
The moment you see Bran isn't in a coffin you know he's going to survive, so sending assassins doesn't even evoke danger because you know if he was going to die before he could wake up they'd have just had him not survive the fall or they wouldn't have sent an assassin because Bran just simply would wake up. And what could be more stereotypical than the spoiled prince being a brat and picking on the good characters? Seriously who cares about the butcher's boy in the first place? They might as well have just had him wear a red shirt.

Or what about the lack of tension when Ned killed the wolf. It's not like they've shown any real attachment between any of the characters and the wolves. Hell,Ned just a few minutes back was all set to just straight up kill them when he found them and then he looks all sad that he has to put the thing down? great action and intrigue there It's not enough to have assassins and direwolves action is about context.

I'm going to have to LOL here. You're treating it like a normal teenage soap. You're assuming they're showing, for example, the assassin and the dog saving Bran just for the sake of a cool scene....and that's that. But that's just more character development. The fact you think that scene was just for a cool show means you should definitely keep watching, because you're going to have your teenage soap viewpoint epically crapped on.

Arkless
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1547 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 13:33:49
April 27 2011 13:31 GMT
#1890
Do NOT post links to torrents/illegal downloads etc.

Put in spoilers what might happen in future episodes, but not events that already happened in broadcasted episodes.

Please limit discussion to the FIRST BOOK. Thanks!


this is the discussion thread about the show, why cant we discuss already aired topics? Go to the book threads if you want to discuss the books. And if you read this thread before seeing the episode then you deserve to have it spoiled out of stupidity for coming here


edit: Nevermind, I misread
http://www.mixcloud.com/Arkless/ http://www.soundcloud.com/Arkless
bObaZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
Portugal864 Posts
April 27 2011 13:44 GMT
#1891
On April 27 2011 21:48 PinkSoviet wrote:
Well, honestly, I found that second episode really close to what I'd expect from your regular shitty teenage fantasy novel:

...

I hope I'm wrong, I've had enough of bad HBO with True blood.


I was giving some credit to your opinion till you said that True Blood was bad TV...

betaV1.25
Profile Joined April 2010
425 Posts
April 27 2011 13:58 GMT
#1892
On April 27 2011 22:24 Sm3agol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 21:30 Fraidnot wrote:
On April 27 2011 18:49 sc4k wrote:
To people who say there hasn't been action, they must be people who have read the books? For me, someone who rates his favourite show as The Wire, the pace of this show is intense right from the off. Changing scenes and moving forward in time without warning, changing characters suddenly and plot strings suddenly. There was loads of action and intrigue in the second episode. Right from the question of whether Bran would survive, to the assassination attempt, to that little douchebag Joffre's douchey attack on the ginger boy. I really like the tomboy girl actress, she is awesome :D. Although all that being said I am really put off by the nudity and sex scenes. Why can't they have some class, like the great and classic TV show 'I, Claudius'. There was far more implied sex in that show than there is in Spartacus, it was just that though, IMPLIED. I hate this modern style of showing tits and pounding flesh. If I want porn I'll get porn.


Were we watching the same show, where were these sudden changing characters and plot twists?
The moment you see Bran isn't in a coffin you know he's going to survive, so sending assassins doesn't even evoke danger because you know if he was going to die before he could wake up they'd have just had him not survive the fall or they wouldn't have sent an assassin because Bran just simply would wake up. And what could be more stereotypical than the spoiled prince being a brat and picking on the good characters? Seriously who cares about the butcher's boy in the first place? They might as well have just had him wear a red shirt.

Or what about the lack of tension when Ned killed the wolf. It's not like they've shown any real attachment between any of the characters and the wolves. Hell,Ned just a few minutes back was all set to just straight up kill them when he found them and then he looks all sad that he has to put the thing down? great action and intrigue there It's not enough to have assassins and direwolves action is about context.

I'm going to have to LOL here. You're treating it like a normal teenage soap. You're assuming they're showing, for example, the assassin and the dog saving Bran just for the sake of a cool scene....and that's that. But that's just more character development. The fact you think that scene was just for a cool show means you should definitely keep watching, because you're going to have your teenage soap viewpoint epically crapped on.



This is correct. In this series, just because Bran survived the fall, doesnt mean the assassin could not kill him. In this series, all bets are off.
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 27 2011 14:04 GMT
#1893
On April 27 2011 21:30 Fraidnot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 18:49 sc4k wrote:
To people who say there hasn't been action, they must be people who have read the books? For me, someone who rates his favourite show as The Wire, the pace of this show is intense right from the off. Changing scenes and moving forward in time without warning, changing characters suddenly and plot strings suddenly. There was loads of action and intrigue in the second episode. Right from the question of whether Bran would survive, to the assassination attempt, to that little douchebag Joffre's douchey attack on the ginger boy. I really like the tomboy girl actress, she is awesome :D. Although all that being said I am really put off by the nudity and sex scenes. Why can't they have some class, like the great and classic TV show 'I, Claudius'. There was far more implied sex in that show than there is in Spartacus, it was just that though, IMPLIED. I hate this modern style of showing tits and pounding flesh. If I want porn I'll get porn.


Were we watching the same show, where were these sudden changing characters and plot twists?
The moment you see Bran isn't in a coffin you know he's going to survive, so sending assassins doesn't even evoke danger because you know if he was going to die before he could wake up they'd have just had him not survive the fall or they wouldn't have sent an assassin because Bran just simply would wake up. And what could be more stereotypical than the spoiled prince being a brat and picking on the good characters? Seriously who cares about the butcher's boy in the first place? They might as well have just had him wear a red shirt.

Or what about the lack of tension when Ned killed the wolf. It's not like they've shown any real attachment between any of the characters and the wolves. Hell,Ned just a few minutes back was all set to just straight up kill them when he found them and then he looks all sad that he has to put the thing down? great action and intrigue there It's not enough to have assassins and direwolves action is about context.



find the context in the books. That's the problem of every adaptation. The King's Road scene is really harsh in the books with Arya throwing stones at her wolf, Ned killing Sansa's and the Hound riding down the butcher boy
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 14:10:16
April 27 2011 14:09 GMT
#1894
On April 27 2011 22:58 betaV1.25 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 22:24 Sm3agol wrote:
On April 27 2011 21:30 Fraidnot wrote:
On April 27 2011 18:49 sc4k wrote:
To people who say there hasn't been action, they must be people who have read the books? For me, someone who rates his favourite show as The Wire, the pace of this show is intense right from the off. Changing scenes and moving forward in time without warning, changing characters suddenly and plot strings suddenly. There was loads of action and intrigue in the second episode. Right from the question of whether Bran would survive, to the assassination attempt, to that little douchebag Joffre's douchey attack on the ginger boy. I really like the tomboy girl actress, she is awesome :D. Although all that being said I am really put off by the nudity and sex scenes. Why can't they have some class, like the great and classic TV show 'I, Claudius'. There was far more implied sex in that show than there is in Spartacus, it was just that though, IMPLIED. I hate this modern style of showing tits and pounding flesh. If I want porn I'll get porn.


Were we watching the same show, where were these sudden changing characters and plot twists?
The moment you see Bran isn't in a coffin you know he's going to survive, so sending assassins doesn't even evoke danger because you know if he was going to die before he could wake up they'd have just had him not survive the fall or they wouldn't have sent an assassin because Bran just simply would wake up. And what could be more stereotypical than the spoiled prince being a brat and picking on the good characters? Seriously who cares about the butcher's boy in the first place? They might as well have just had him wear a red shirt.

Or what about the lack of tension when Ned killed the wolf. It's not like they've shown any real attachment between any of the characters and the wolves. Hell,Ned just a few minutes back was all set to just straight up kill them when he found them and then he looks all sad that he has to put the thing down? great action and intrigue there It's not enough to have assassins and direwolves action is about context.

I'm going to have to LOL here. You're treating it like a normal teenage soap. You're assuming they're showing, for example, the assassin and the dog saving Bran just for the sake of a cool scene....and that's that. But that's just more character development. The fact you think that scene was just for a cool show means you should definitely keep watching, because you're going to have your teenage soap viewpoint epically crapped on.



This is correct. In this series, just because Bran survived the fall, doesnt mean the assassin could not kill him. In this series, all bets are off.



+ Show Spoiler [ possible book spoilers] +
I almost wanted to disagree, then I remembered that there are three books on the way and considered that some of the characters might have been simply lucky till now.
trNimitz
Profile Joined October 2010
204 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 14:15:46
April 27 2011 14:15 GMT
#1895
On November 16 2008 06:12 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Pilot should stop when Bran gets pushed out of the window, before he hits the ground.

<_<
sjh
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada136 Posts
April 27 2011 14:47 GMT
#1896
On April 27 2011 22:44 bObaZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 21:48 PinkSoviet wrote:
Well, honestly, I found that second episode really close to what I'd expect from your regular shitty teenage fantasy novel:

...

I hope I'm wrong, I've had enough of bad HBO with True blood.


I was giving some credit to your opinion till you said that True Blood was bad TV...



I hope you're not being serious.... True Blood is a terrible show. Each episode just keeps getting worse and worse,
Ceterum ceseo Protatem esse delendam
Eishi_Ki
Profile Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1667 Posts
April 27 2011 14:53 GMT
#1897
Bang

-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 27 2011 14:55 GMT
#1898
On April 27 2011 21:30 Fraidnot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 18:49 sc4k wrote:
To people who say there hasn't been action, they must be people who have read the books? For me, someone who rates his favourite show as The Wire, the pace of this show is intense right from the off. Changing scenes and moving forward in time without warning, changing characters suddenly and plot strings suddenly. There was loads of action and intrigue in the second episode. Right from the question of whether Bran would survive, to the assassination attempt, to that little douchebag Joffre's douchey attack on the ginger boy. I really like the tomboy girl actress, she is awesome :D. Although all that being said I am really put off by the nudity and sex scenes. Why can't they have some class, like the great and classic TV show 'I, Claudius'. There was far more implied sex in that show than there is in Spartacus, it was just that though, IMPLIED. I hate this modern style of showing tits and pounding flesh. If I want porn I'll get porn.


Were we watching the same show, where were these sudden changing characters and plot twists?
The moment you see Bran isn't in a coffin you know he's going to survive, so sending assassins doesn't even evoke danger because you know if he was going to die before he could wake up they'd have just had him not survive the fall or they wouldn't have sent an assassin because Bran just simply would wake up. And what could be more stereotypical than the spoiled prince being a brat and picking on the good characters? Seriously who cares about the butcher's boy in the first place? They might as well have just had him wear a red shirt.

Or what about the lack of tension when Ned killed the wolf. It's not like they've shown any real attachment between any of the characters and the wolves. Hell,Ned just a few minutes back was all set to just straight up kill them when he found them and then he looks all sad that he has to put the thing down? great action and intrigue there It's not enough to have assassins and direwolves action is about context.

Well, the plot moves kind of slow in this show. Don't expect things to be introduced and then ended in the same episode like most other shows do. What looks like stupid TV to you now is something that you will look back later in the season or the 2nd season or even the 3rd and say AAAA, so that is why this and this happened way back then.

Also take into consideration that most reviewers that got the first 6 episodes in advance to watch said #2 is the worst and #5 and #6 are the best. So keep watching
basedgab
Profile Joined March 2011
United States3 Posts
April 27 2011 15:03 GMT
#1899
Anybody got HD Nudes?? Teehee, good show so far.
SOLIDbaSed #755
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
April 27 2011 15:33 GMT
#1900
On April 27 2011 23:47 sjh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 22:44 bObaZ wrote:
On April 27 2011 21:48 PinkSoviet wrote:
Well, honestly, I found that second episode really close to what I'd expect from your regular shitty teenage fantasy novel:

...

I hope I'm wrong, I've had enough of bad HBO with True blood.


I was giving some credit to your opinion till you said that True Blood was bad TV...



I hope you're not being serious.... True Blood is a terrible show. Each episode just keeps getting worse and worse,
Why do you keep watching?
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 288
MaxPax 192
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65568
Calm 3732
Shuttle 3450
Bisu 1597
FanTaSy 1563
EffOrt 591
Mini 534
Soma 436
Rush 376
Stork 330
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 285
firebathero 245
Light 236
Snow 191
ZerO 153
Last 145
Soulkey 134
actioN 108
Barracks 101
Zeus 98
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 65
Sea.KH 65
hero 59
Mong 57
Pusan 54
Hyun 45
Shinee 44
ToSsGirL 35
Shine 32
Bale 31
Free 30
Yoon 27
Sharp 22
PianO 21
zelot 21
sorry 20
yabsab 17
Aegong 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_241
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2341
B2W.Neo687
hiko366
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .170
Liquid`VortiX104
Mew2King86
Rex70
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 994
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 28m
Replay Cast
9h 13m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.