• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:48
CEST 21:48
KST 04:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7077 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 87

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
April 26 2011 00:10 GMT
#1721
On April 26 2011 09:03 dudeman001 wrote:
Mmm the show just keeps getting better and better. It's tempting me so much to go and read the books, but then these weekly cliffhangers won't be as exciting. Grr dilemmas.


You should probably read the books. I don't think I've ever heard some one say: "Dang, I wish I hadn't read ASOIAF." If you worry about losing cliff hangers don't worry, the rate Martin puts out the books, you'll have a few years of cliff hangers after ADWD
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
April 26 2011 00:18 GMT
#1722
Fuck you HBO, damn you to hell for making me relive the events in episode two, just as I had imagined them every time I read the books. Anyone who doesn't cry has no heart

+ Show Spoiler +
This series isn't going to get any bloody easier to watch, that was heartwrenching, all over again.
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
Midas_
Profile Joined September 2010
268 Posts
April 26 2011 00:35 GMT
#1723
One thing I disliked in Episode 2:
+ Show Spoiler +
When Arya had to abandon Nymeria she just said: "go away!" and threw one stone and the wolf obeyed immediately.
For me it was one of the saddest and most intense moments in the books, because the wolf just wouldn't go away and Arya cried, shouted and threw several stones at her.

A TV show will never be as good as the books are but I still think they are doing a good job. Especially the cast is pretty decent so far.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 02:09:59
April 26 2011 01:56 GMT
#1724
just wondering
+ Show Spoiler +
how relatively long was bran in his coma during the book. i just noticed his dog is quite small during his fall but then becomes 3 times bigger during bran's rescue. also i want a direwolf :D

Forever Young
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
April 26 2011 01:58 GMT
#1725
On April 26 2011 10:56 sung_moon wrote:
just wondering
+ Show Spoiler +
how relatively long was bran in his coma during the book. i just noticed his dog is quite small during his small 3 times bigger during bran's rescue. also i want a direwolf :D



+ Show Spoiler +
It was like at least a month and a half, I believe. Her mother said she prayed for that long so I guess it's about that length
Everyone needs a nemesis.
PSdualwielder
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada77 Posts
April 26 2011 02:04 GMT
#1726
On April 26 2011 10:58 lynx.oblige wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 10:56 sung_moon wrote:
just wondering
+ Show Spoiler +
how relatively long was bran in his coma during the book. i just noticed his dog is quite small during his small 3 times bigger during bran's rescue. also i want a direwolf :D



+ Show Spoiler +
It was like at least a month and a half, I believe. Her mother said she prayed for that long so I guess it's about that length

+ Show Spoiler +
As far as the timeline of the story goes yea its about a month and a half. But for the length of the book itself I think it was significantly longer. There was a bunch of chapters in there regarding Bran's 'dialogue' with the crow spirit(whatever that thing was) and the promise he made before he woke up. If I was to map the book exactly across 10 episodes I would say it was much later than the 2nd one, but thats just me.
bnet: POKE
Uhnno
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands288 Posts
April 26 2011 02:07 GMT
#1727
+ Show Spoiler +
I am disappointed that I didn't see the direwolf from Jon. I clearly remember Ghost going to the wall with Jon. Is my memory fooling me again or did they leave that part out?
ShivaN
Profile Joined January 2007
United States933 Posts
April 26 2011 02:21 GMT
#1728
On April 26 2011 11:07 Uhnno wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I am disappointed that I didn't see the direwolf from Jon. I clearly remember Ghost going to the wall with Jon. Is my memory fooling me again or did they leave that part out?

He was there at their camp, when the 2 rape guys came up and Tyrion starts telling Jon how they'll be his new family. The shot was really quick, but you definitely get a glimpse of Ghost sitting in the shot.
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
April 26 2011 03:10 GMT
#1729
Tyrion imp slaps Joffrey
+ Show Spoiler [Tyrion slaps Joffrey gif] +
[image loading]

Magus
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
April 26 2011 03:43 GMT
#1730
On April 26 2011 12:10 karazax wrote:
Tyrion imp slaps Joffrey
+ Show Spoiler [Tyrion slaps Joffrey gif] +
[image loading]


I love how the Hound doesn't even blink.
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
April 26 2011 04:25 GMT
#1731
On April 26 2011 09:35 Midas_ wrote:
One thing I disliked in Episode 2:
+ Show Spoiler +
When Arya had to abandon Nymeria she just said: "go away!" and threw one stone and the wolf obeyed immediately.
For me it was one of the saddest and most intense moments in the books, because the wolf just wouldn't go away and Arya cried, shouted and threw several stones at her.


That's a good point. Now that you've brought it to my attention, I also think that it was a bit of a missed opportunity for HBO to heighten the emotion in the scene. I suppose they felt that the episode was bleak enough for Stark fans already.
Betrayed by EG.BuK
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
April 26 2011 04:26 GMT
#1732
As someone who read the books, I must say I enjoy Game of Thrones immensely. The only person who is miscast in my eyes is Robb and Cersei, otherwise it's pretty effing awesome
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
ForeverSleep
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada920 Posts
April 26 2011 04:38 GMT
#1733
the scene of the breakfast when tyrion talk to cercei and jaime is exactly how I had imagined it!!!!! So far, I enjoy the show a lot, and I feel like i'm gonna re read all the books again..for like the fifth time :D
"Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans" - John Lennon
Slakter
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden1947 Posts
April 26 2011 04:42 GMT
#1734
Man, the sexscenes in this show are everywhere, I shall not make the mistake of watching it with my sister ever again!
Protoss, can't live with em', can't kill em'.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 26 2011 04:51 GMT
#1735
Is your sister named Cersei?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Sleight
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
2471 Posts
April 26 2011 05:21 GMT
#1736
On April 26 2011 13:51 Ace wrote:
Is your sister named Cersei?


I see what you did there. I can't wait for the next episode.
One Love
dano101
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada92 Posts
April 26 2011 05:27 GMT
#1737
On April 26 2011 12:43 Magus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 12:10 karazax wrote:
Tyrion imp slaps Joffrey
+ Show Spoiler [Tyrion slaps Joffrey gif] +
[image loading]


I love how the Hound doesn't even blink.


Yea quite brilliant, I never noticed that until now, even though I've seen that gif a million times now..always been focused on Joff. Can't wait to see mor eof the Hound :D
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
agarfin
Profile Joined May 2009
United States106 Posts
April 26 2011 07:23 GMT
#1738
So i just finished the first book of the series, it was awesome! I want to watch the show but im not sure how quickly its progressing. Would i be spoiling anything from the other books if i watched the first 2 episodes of the series? Thanks in advance!
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 26 2011 07:27 GMT
#1739
On April 26 2011 16:23 agarfin wrote:
So i just finished the first book of the series, it was awesome! I want to watch the show but im not sure how quickly its progressing. Would i be spoiling anything from the other books if i watched the first 2 episodes of the series? Thanks in advance!

No, first season covers first book, so if you finished GOT you're fine.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
April 26 2011 07:28 GMT
#1740
On April 26 2011 16:23 agarfin wrote:
So i just finished the first book of the series, it was awesome! I want to watch the show but im not sure how quickly its progressing. Would i be spoiling anything from the other books if i watched the first 2 episodes of the series? Thanks in advance!

First season covers the first book, you should be able to watch them all without any major spoilers
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1031
IndyStarCraft 199
Nina 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16159
Calm 2289
Horang2 292
Mini 175
Rush 105
EffOrt 93
Zeus 48
Trap 23
scan(afreeca) 17
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto12
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5379
Fnx 1539
pashabiceps1322
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King56
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3854
Liquid`Hasu567
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1762
Beastyqt715
B2W.Neo540
C9.Mang0327
crisheroes136
QueenE106
Trikslyr104
Dewaltoss69
UpATreeSC59
JuggernautJason25
ZombieGrub20
shahzam17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade936
Other Games
• imaqtpie979
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 12m
INu's Battles
15h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 12m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.