• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:21
CEST 06:21
KST 13:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7369 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 85

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
cyberspace
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada955 Posts
April 25 2011 18:42 GMT
#1681
On April 26 2011 03:14 zz_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 02:59 Jyvblamo wrote:
Anyone else love the delicious irony when Jaime was teasing Jon? "I'm sure it will be thrilling to serve in such an elite force. And if not - it's only for life."


I'm not even sure what you're hinting at here, but whatever it is, stop it. Like people have already said dozens of times in this thread, this is a thread for the TV show, not the books. If you want to talk about, or even hint at, something from the books, then use the goddam spoiler tags.



There's no need to get all upset about something so insignificant.

In the very same episode Tyrion tells Jon that the Black Watch isn't what it used to be. As seen when the two rapists are picked up while on the way to Castle Black.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hirmu
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Finland850 Posts
April 25 2011 18:46 GMT
#1682
+ Show Spoiler +

Preview of the ep3 ^^ looks good man!
Isengrim
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland37 Posts
April 25 2011 19:03 GMT
#1683
On April 26 2011 03:42 Cyberspace1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 03:14 zz_ wrote:
On April 26 2011 02:59 Jyvblamo wrote:
Anyone else love the delicious irony when Jaime was teasing Jon? "I'm sure it will be thrilling to serve in such an elite force. And if not - it's only for life."


I'm not even sure what you're hinting at here, but whatever it is, stop it. Like people have already said dozens of times in this thread, this is a thread for the TV show, not the books. If you want to talk about, or even hint at, something from the books, then use the goddam spoiler tags.



There's no need to get all upset about something so insignificant.

In the very same episode Tyrion tells Jon that the Black Watch isn't what it used to be. As seen when the two rapists are picked up while on the way to Castle Black.


Actually zz_ has a point. From what you've said it seems pretty obvious that

+ Show Spoiler +
Jaime is eventually sent to the Black Watch


Having only just finished the first book that was a major spoiler for me.
Thunder rolled - it rolled a six.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 25 2011 19:06 GMT
#1684
On April 26 2011 04:03 Isengrim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 03:42 Cyberspace1 wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:14 zz_ wrote:
On April 26 2011 02:59 Jyvblamo wrote:
Anyone else love the delicious irony when Jaime was teasing Jon? "I'm sure it will be thrilling to serve in such an elite force. And if not - it's only for life."


I'm not even sure what you're hinting at here, but whatever it is, stop it. Like people have already said dozens of times in this thread, this is a thread for the TV show, not the books. If you want to talk about, or even hint at, something from the books, then use the goddam spoiler tags.



There's no need to get all upset about something so insignificant.

In the very same episode Tyrion tells Jon that the Black Watch isn't what it used to be. As seen when the two rapists are picked up while on the way to Castle Black.


Actually zz_ has a point. From what you've said it seems pretty obvious that

+ Show Spoiler +
Jaime is eventually sent to the Black Watch


Having only just finished the first book that was a major spoiler for me.


that isn't what Jyyblamo's quote is referencing. Jaime is a member of the Kingsguard which is why it is ironic - they have the same set of rules.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ender985
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain910 Posts
April 25 2011 19:06 GMT
#1685
I just want to remind everyone that Jaime is part of the Kingsguard (the white cloaks), an order devoted to protect the king and forbidden to marry -just like the nightwatch. That was the "irony" that poster was talking about. No hidden hint to any forward plot point or anything like that.
Member of the Pirate Party - direct democracy, institutional transparency, and freedom of information
Sleight
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
2471 Posts
April 25 2011 19:11 GMT
#1686
Is there a legal accessible way for those of us without HBO to watch these? I can't seem to find any non-illegal way of getting the videos.
One Love
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
April 25 2011 19:13 GMT
#1687
Yea, he just mis-used the term, "ironic." It's not ironic, moreso bitter and tongue-in-cheek.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
April 25 2011 19:15 GMT
#1688
On April 26 2011 04:11 Sleight wrote:
Is there a legal accessible way for those of us without HBO to watch these? I can't seem to find any non-illegal way of getting the videos.

As of now not really. A quick google search of watch game of thrones will net you just online streams rather than torrents.
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
April 25 2011 19:18 GMT
#1689
On April 26 2011 04:11 Sleight wrote:
Is there a legal accessible way for those of us without HBO to watch these? I can't seem to find any non-illegal way of getting the videos.

There isn't one. But there are 8 gazzillion sites out there with free streams of decent quality if you look. Might still be a bit early, but by the weekend, there should def be some decent streams of it up. I know I will probably buy the DVDs when they come out plus I plan on buying the book, but fark them, I'm not paying all the money for a package with HBO. I don't even have a TV bill.
Isengrim
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland37 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 19:19:37
April 25 2011 19:19 GMT
#1690
I hope you guys are right. my theory did make sense given Jaime's current situation (as of the start of Clash of Kings)

+ Show Spoiler +
imprisoned by the Starks, with King Jeoffry looking unlikely to win the civil war


But I was just guessing
Thunder rolled - it rolled a six.
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
April 25 2011 19:21 GMT
#1691
On April 26 2011 04:13 Cedstick wrote:
Yea, he just mis-used the term, "ironic." It's not ironic, moreso bitter and tongue-in-cheek.

One day I will use this word correctly. >:
Sleight
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
2471 Posts
April 25 2011 19:28 GMT
#1692
Reading over the proposed plot synopses for the first dozenish episodes... They are moving up the rate of plot advancement REALLY fast.

+ Show Spoiler +
In the first half dozen episodes Stark confronts Cersei about Arryn's death.


On an unrelated note... the Others are NOT like I imagined them at all. Too brutal, not ghostly, spectre-y enough. I got the feeling that they were more Ring Wraith-like, but I guess you don't want to draw too many LotR comparisons.
One Love
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
April 25 2011 20:17 GMT
#1693
By the way they put out some graphic novels about the old King and the Knight who taught him. Somehow I did not notice that at all!

The Episode was fantastic. I liked it better than the first. The assassination attempt was extremely good. Clegane was so good XD!
Oh man and everybody hates the Lannisters so much XD
I love how the people like it who never read the book. Somehow this brings back the memory of the first time I read it. <3
redviper
Profile Joined May 2010
Pakistan2333 Posts
April 25 2011 20:21 GMT
#1694
On April 26 2011 04:28 Sleight wrote:
Reading over the proposed plot synopses for the first dozenish episodes... They are moving up the rate of plot advancement REALLY fast.

+ Show Spoiler +
In the first half dozen episodes Stark confronts Cersei about Arryn's death.


On an unrelated note... the Others are NOT like I imagined them at all. Too brutal, not ghostly, spectre-y enough. I got the feeling that they were more Ring Wraith-like, but I guess you don't want to draw too many LotR comparisons.


+ Show Spoiler +
From the books? No they could be killed with obsidian and they seemed to act like an army against the wildings and the nightwatch both.But it seems they can bring the dead to life if I remember correctly
T0fuuu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia2275 Posts
April 25 2011 20:28 GMT
#1695
Boobs to blood ratio was not in balance this episode ):
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
April 25 2011 20:36 GMT
#1696
On April 26 2011 05:21 redviper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 04:28 Sleight wrote:
Reading over the proposed plot synopses for the first dozenish episodes... They are moving up the rate of plot advancement REALLY fast.

+ Show Spoiler +
In the first half dozen episodes Stark confronts Cersei about Arryn's death.


On an unrelated note... the Others are NOT like I imagined them at all. Too brutal, not ghostly, spectre-y enough. I got the feeling that they were more Ring Wraith-like, but I guess you don't want to draw too many LotR comparisons.


...it seems the white walkers can bring the dead to life if I remember correctly


They did bring the little girl back to life as a wight in the prologue of the first episode.
Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
April 25 2011 20:48 GMT
#1697
I just can't wait to see the next episodes.

I want to see
+ Show Spoiler [only names of future characters] +
"the mountain that rides", Syrio and Barristan the Bold
MaestroSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2073 Posts
April 25 2011 20:58 GMT
#1698
Why i love hbo series, sooo much content.
Why I hate hbo series, one episode per week.... this weeks episode had me on the edge of my seat like 0_0 o no he didnt.... kill that mfer.

REALLY interested to see where the story goes from here. I haven't read the books, wanted to as the series goes, but I am an english major in 4 english classes this quarter = im doing enough reading without liesure reading... prob going to read them after the series is over.

I like watching the show/movie first because it supplies u with all of the visuals necessary and then you can apply them, and you get the rest of the info the show doesnt give. Most people prefer to read the books first, when I did this i found the movie was very disappointing. So now instead I just enjoy the movie/show for what it is, and then enjoy the books afterwards and think "yup this is better."
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
April 25 2011 21:05 GMT
#1699
On April 26 2011 05:48 Doppelganger wrote:
I just can't wait to see the next episodes.

I want to see
+ Show Spoiler [only names of future characters] +
"the mountain that rides", Syrio and Barristan the Bold


yep + Show Spoiler [only names of future characters] +
I think next episode we will meet Littlefinger, Renly, Varys, and all the main characters of the Nightswatch
Lolsss
Profile Joined April 2011
England106 Posts
April 25 2011 21:08 GMT
#1700
never read or heard of the books. tv show is awesome.

im not a reader at all but im tempted to read it now :D
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16715
Rain 1416
GuemChi 653
sSak 46
Bale 23
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
League of Legends
JimRising 557
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1133
minikerr35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1068
Mew2King89
Other Games
summit1g7892
WinterStarcraft584
C9.Mang0184
ViBE86
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1168
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 30
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota252
League of Legends
• Lourlo1126
• Rush567
• Stunt333
Other Games
• Scarra912
• Shiphtur730
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 40m
INu's Battles
6h 40m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 40m
OSC
17h 55m
Replay Cast
18h 40m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.