• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:22
CEST 21:22
KST 04:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12922 users

What Are You Reading 2015 - Page 5

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 52 53 54 Next
SupportDotA2
Profile Joined September 2013
Japan307 Posts
January 13 2015 16:27 GMT
#81
I just finished The truth about Harry Quebert affair. Such a page-turner it was. Brilliant story!
Kappa
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
January 13 2015 21:17 GMT
#82
On January 14 2015 01:27 SupportDotA2 wrote:
I just finished The truth about Harry Quebert affair. Such a page-turner it was. Brilliant story!


Yeah it was so awesome, One of the best book I've read in 2014 !
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
SupportDotA2
Profile Joined September 2013
Japan307 Posts
January 14 2015 02:59 GMT
#83
To Philozovic or any French-speak person: have you read the English translation of the book yet and if you did then what is your opinion on the difference between the French and English version? Which one is better?
Kappa
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-14 21:48:30
January 14 2015 21:47 GMT
#84
Does anyone know of a good, easily obtainable, and not too expensive book that teaches you how to read Italian?

(I am learning a language whose only comprehensive grammar is written in inaccessible Italian. Help.)
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
January 14 2015 22:18 GMT
#85
Finished :
Absalom, Absalom ! which I found plain awesome. Certainly hard to read but I couldn't stop before knowing the end. The story is terrifying, but there's also a kind of strange noble beauty to it.
Bartleby the scrivener, a most excellent short story. And I get behind the Moby Dick recommandation, it's just a great book.
A Perfect Vacuum (Lem), discovered through this thread, excellent read too, might be my favorite from Lem all in all, which is saying something. Such a smart and interesting guy.
The Confusions of Young Törless, my first try at Musil. I guess it was quite good, but I'm not too enthusiastic. The prose didn't touch me much. Well worth a read though.

As for Kojeve, I in the middle of his commentary of chapter VIII of the Phenomenology. The form of the book is a problem (only 1 and a half lesson out of 6 or 7 are in full, the rest is notes that, while interesting, are still a bit cryptic), but the content is really interesting. I'll retry the Phenomenology after that, I feel better prepared. Hegel as an atheist -of the strangest sort- is really interesting, even though.
And now, suspens, has history ended ? Lol.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-14 23:38:18
January 14 2015 23:37 GMT
#86
The Confusions of Young Törless, my first try at Musil. I guess it was quite good, but I'm not too enthusiastic. The prose didn't touch me much. Well worth a read though.

Fucking imaginary numbers. How do they work???
TL+ Member
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
January 15 2015 00:45 GMT
#87
just got my first acceptance for school next year... so I don't have to run away to a farm!!! fuck yeah, what a relief
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
January 15 2015 00:46 GMT
#88
It's always a relief to be comfortable.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 01:18:30
January 15 2015 01:18 GMT
#89
i'm intending on enjoying the end of the world as comfortably as possible

it's sort of like the restaurant at the end of the universe
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 01:28:33
January 15 2015 01:27 GMT
#90
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
January 15 2015 01:35 GMT
#91
how did you like androids
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
January 15 2015 01:37 GMT
#92
I haven't begun it yet, just got it today.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
January 15 2015 01:52 GMT
#93
I quite liked it, but it always felt a bit underwhelming because I read it after I had seen Blade Runner.

iirc it was funnier though
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
January 15 2015 01:54 GMT
#94
blade runner is all surface, do androids is some deep shit
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
January 15 2015 01:57 GMT
#95
On January 15 2015 10:54 bookwyrm wrote:
blade runner is all surface, do androids is some deep shit

you think so?

eh, maybe; it just never hit me I guess because I wasn't too invested into the writing. I should reread it when I have time though

oh, along with Letter to his father last week, I read The Judgment today. it was pretty interesting...for a while I thought the judgment was something about Georg deciding to send the letter or not, but the end hit and it was like "ooooooh, that's what it was."

it was kind of weird, but I now understand why reading Letter to his father helps understand where Kafka is coming in his writing.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 02:17:18
January 15 2015 02:09 GMT
#96
Yep, dude had some serious daddy issues. And body issues, and intimacy issues...he's very funny, though.
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
January 15 2015 02:10 GMT
#97
yeah, i mean, philip dick is probably my number one favorite writer. and that's one of his best books.
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
January 15 2015 02:13 GMT
#98
On January 15 2015 11:10 bookwyrm wrote:
yeah, i mean, philip dick is probably my number one favorite writer. and that's one of his best books.

Have you read Borges?
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
January 15 2015 02:17 GMT
#99
On January 15 2015 11:13 dmnum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2015 11:10 bookwyrm wrote:
yeah, i mean, philip dick is probably my number one favorite writer. and that's one of his best books.

Have you read Borges?

I want to so badly. I saw a copy of his short stories at the bookstore but it was way too expensive. But I read through at least five random ones (forgot their names) but I loved all of them. Borges seemed just like an amazing storyteller.

The only other thing I've read was a critical piece he did on Dante's Divine Comedy, talking about Ulysses's role in Inferno or something like that.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 02:19:34
January 15 2015 02:19 GMT
#100
yes. not a ton. I've taught "The Library of Babel"

Borges is a little too modernist for my taste however. Borges is a great writer and all. But Philip Dick is a true genius.
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 52 53 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1201
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 282
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1201
ByuN 455
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 282
Reynor 249
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24497
Calm 2401
Shuttle 367
Mini 172
White-Ra 146
firebathero 83
ZZZero.O 76
scan(afreeca) 24
soO 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11115
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3865
Liquid`Hasu548
MindelVK3
Other Games
summit1g4568
Liquid`RaSZi2217
fl0m1749
FrodaN1313
B2W.Neo723
olofmeister697
Khaldor466
Beastyqt387
Livibee183
crisheroes135
Mew2King64
Pyrionflax39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
BasetradeTV236
StarCraft 2
angryscii 17
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach36
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1264
• Shiphtur588
• WagamamaTV419
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 38m
Replay Cast
3h 38m
OSC
16h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.