• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:14
CEST 22:14
KST 05:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10510 users

What Are You Reading 2015 - Page 6

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 54 Next
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 02:24:15
January 15 2015 02:21 GMT
#101
On January 15 2015 11:17 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2015 11:13 dmnum wrote:
On January 15 2015 11:10 bookwyrm wrote:
yeah, i mean, philip dick is probably my number one favorite writer. and that's one of his best books.

Have you read Borges?

I want to so badly. I saw a copy of his short stories at the bookstore but it was way too expensive. But I read through at least five random ones (forgot their names) but I loved all of them. Borges seemed just like an amazing storyteller.

The only other thing I've read was a critical piece he did on Dante's Divine Comedy, talking about Ulysses's role in Inferno or something like that.


Yeah, Borges is awesome. Have you read The Lottery of Babel? It's my favorite short story of his.

-

That's too bad bookwyrm, I personally can't get enough of his books.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
January 15 2015 02:26 GMT
#102
On January 15 2015 11:21 dmnum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2015 11:17 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On January 15 2015 11:13 dmnum wrote:
On January 15 2015 11:10 bookwyrm wrote:
yeah, i mean, philip dick is probably my number one favorite writer. and that's one of his best books.

Have you read Borges?

I want to so badly. I saw a copy of his short stories at the bookstore but it was way too expensive. But I read through at least five random ones (forgot their names) but I loved all of them. Borges seemed just like an amazing storyteller.

The only other thing I've read was a critical piece he did on Dante's Divine Comedy, talking about Ulysses's role in Inferno or something like that.


Yeah, Borges is awesome. Have you read The Lottery of Babel? It's my favorite short story of his.

-

That's too bad bookwyrm, I personally can't get enough of his books.

Don't think so. When I read it at the bookstore I just flipped to a bunch of random stories in the middle (I think it was his bigass collection of short stories) and see if I liked it.

I fell in love. Then I saw the price and cried. ;;
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 02:27:19
January 15 2015 02:26 GMT
#103
Really? it's only 15 bucks in amazon.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
January 15 2015 02:30 GMT
#104
On January 15 2015 11:26 dmnum wrote:
Really? it's only 15 bucks in amazon.

...you're shitting me

....you're not shitting me

I just ordered it LOL

thanks for the heads up
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
January 15 2015 02:30 GMT
#105
On January 15 2015 11:21 dmnum wrote:
That's too bad bookwyrm, I personally can't get enough of his books.


i actually do feel sad that I don't like his writing more than I do. perhaps if I were not such a stupid american and could read spanish
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 02:42:13
January 15 2015 02:40 GMT
#106
On January 15 2015 11:30 bookwyrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2015 11:21 dmnum wrote:
That's too bad bookwyrm, I personally can't get enough of his books.


i actually do feel sad that I don't like his writing more than I do. perhaps if I were not such a stupid american and could read spanish

There's still time, man. You should also read The Invention of Morel.
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 02:58:10
January 15 2015 02:57 GMT
#107
real talk: why doesnt amazon allow me to stagger delivers of books so I can pick them up safely instead of having to worry about someone stealing them after the delivery guy leaves it on the porch.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
January 15 2015 03:00 GMT
#108
Stagger the purchases yourself? That's my only tip.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
January 15 2015 03:01 GMT
#109
Or just tell amazon the books didn't arrive and they will send you more copies.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
January 15 2015 03:07 GMT
#110
On January 15 2015 12:01 IgnE wrote:
Or just tell amazon the books didn't arrive and they will send you more copies.

really? Have you guys tried complaining about a stolen book ?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
January 15 2015 03:22 GMT
#111
Yes of course. The tracking said it was delivered and I didn't receive it. I complained. They sent more books. Then my original books showed up 2 days late. So I had two copies.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
January 15 2015 03:27 GMT
#112
That's generally my experience with Amazon too. They're....pretty good on that customer service front as far as appeasing the customer.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
January 15 2015 06:52 GMT
#113
Yeah they'll send you duplicates no questions asked
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 12:04:02
January 15 2015 11:58 GMT
#114
I'm about halfway through Androids and so far I'm loving it. It's pulpy in a good way, very imaginative, and works on a bunch of levels. I particularly like Deckard's obsession with animals. My only "complaint" is that the style is nothing spectacular; but, just like when reading Dostoyevsky, I'm not finding myself too bothered about it.
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
January 15 2015 14:45 GMT
#115
Its just... not about style
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 15:26:06
January 15 2015 15:20 GMT
#116
That's my point though, the book is so much fun and raises so many interesting questions that the style becomes irrelevant. But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the writing is bad; I think it succeeds in conveying a hardboiled-like feel to the novel, which I guess is what Dick wanted to do. Anyway, his description of a diseased sheep behavior is hilarious.
Nyxisto
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6287 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 20:00:55
January 15 2015 19:54 GMT
#117
Finished The Fall of Hyperion and it was pretty good, but I liked the the first one more because it simply was much more personal. I always feel a little bummed out when authors start writing a cool story and then suddenly go all grand and philosophical.
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
January 15 2015 20:13 GMT
#118
Read War and Peace, you might feel the contrary :p
Also started :
[image loading]
Wilhem Meister ! Long time I've meant to read it. So far it's pretty funny.
And yeah Törless was pretty funny as a maths teacher. And I could tell there that Musil is very smart and knows quite enough maths stuff.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
January 16 2015 14:22 GMT
#119
On January 15 2015 20:58 dmnum wrote:
I'm about halfway through Androids and so far I'm loving it. It's pulpy in a good way, very imaginative, and works on a bunch of levels. I particularly like Deckard's obsession with animals. My only "complaint" is that the style is nothing spectacular; but, just like when reading Dostoyevsky, I'm not finding myself too bothered about it.

Finished it. Fucking amazing book. Everything is there for a reason, the ending left me puzzled until I thought a bit about it, after that it made perfect sense. What should I read by Dick next? I was thinking about A Scanner Darkly.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-16 14:30:04
January 16 2015 14:26 GMT
#120
I say go all out and read Ubik; that's my favorite PKD novel and one I hadn't read until talking with bookwyrm.

Also, Goethe is great.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 266
EmSc Tv 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21041
Calm 2219
Shuttle 332
White-Ra 178
Mini 173
ZZZero.O 134
firebathero 72
soO 10
Sacsri 7
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1537
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4278
Liquid`Hasu616
Other Games
summit1g7308
Liquid`RaSZi2219
FrodaN1606
fl0m1478
olofmeister1061
B2W.Neo834
RotterdaM637
Beastyqt358
crisheroes325
Livibee210
Pyrionflax189
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick964
BasetradeTV203
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
EmSc Tv 9
EmSc2Tv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1460
• Shiphtur675
• WagamamaTV357
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 46m
Replay Cast
2h 46m
OSC
15h 46m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.