• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:22
CEST 21:22
KST 04:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12922 users

What Are You Reading 2015 - Page 2

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 52 53 54 Next
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
January 03 2015 16:51 GMT
#21
I have a huge problem with the Sound of Fury : there is somewhere in my parents' house a copy of it which I haven't been able to find among the ca. 2500 books there are for the past month
For as I Lay dying, I have a trauma since reading Beckett. Later...
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
packrat386
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States5077 Posts
January 04 2015 22:42 GMT
#22
On January 04 2015 01:51 corumjhaelen wrote:
I have a huge problem with the Sound of Fury : there is somewhere in my parents' house a copy of it which I haven't been able to find among the ca. 2500 books there are for the past month
For as I Lay dying, I have a trauma since reading Beckett. Later...

As I Lay Dying isn't even that incomprehensible. Some of the scenes kind of don't make sense, but for the most part the story actually made sense and everything.
dreaming of a sunny day
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-04 23:19:53
January 04 2015 23:17 GMT
#23
The Sound and The Fury makes sense too once you know three or four things about the plot, but if you don't it becomes really dense.

I still prefer Hemingway though, especially The Old Man and the Sea.
packrat386
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States5077 Posts
January 05 2015 02:23 GMT
#24
Hemingway is my jam. I've read almost all of his fiction works, and once I finish those (1.5 to go!) I'm going to start reading some of his nonfiction.
dreaming of a sunny day
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
January 05 2015 05:37 GMT
#25
It has time to become impossible to understand, but so far (50 pages in) it, I think it's amazing.
And I've finally found a respected author who seems to love parenthesis as much as I do. This is Christmas I swear.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
January 05 2015 05:58 GMT
#26
I have a collection of Kafka short stories to read tomorrow. It includes In the Penal Colony as well as The Metamorphosis. I read The Metamorphosis years ago, so I think it's about time I take the time to read it a second time.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
January 05 2015 16:39 GMT
#27
Does it have A Hunger Artist? It's my favourite thing by Kafka next to The Metamorphosis.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
January 05 2015 19:19 GMT
#28
Let me check....it does not. The four longer works (with a lot of short 1-2 page short stories at the beginning) are The Judgment, In the Penal Colony, the Metamorphosis, and Letter to His Father.

It might be in another one of Kafka's short story collections, that I'll have to look around for when I have the time.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
January 05 2015 19:36 GMT
#29
Ah I'd start with Letter to His Father then. Once you read it Kafka's fiction becomes much more meaningful.
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-05 21:56:18
January 05 2015 19:45 GMT
#30
[image loading]

[image loading]
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
peanuts
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States1225 Posts
January 05 2015 19:54 GMT
#31
On January 03 2015 19:02 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
[image loading]

I make sure to re-read this at least once a year. Big fan of biographies and detailed historical settings, so DKG (and, while totally irrelevant, Haruki Murakami) has been a big source of books for me. I also really liked The Bully Pulpit, which was on Teddy Roosevelt and William Howard Taft.

Ditto on this one. Got to hang out with Tony Kushner for a few days my senior year of high school and he praised the book to no end. I went to Gettysburg College and one of my professors was the same way. Figure I ought to actually read it at this point. Grabbed my copy from the library yesterday.
Writer"My greatest skill is my enjoyment of the game" - Grubby | @TL_Peanuts
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
January 06 2015 03:44 GMT
#32
On January 06 2015 04:36 dmnum wrote:
Ah I'd start with Letter to His Father then. Once you read it Kafka's fiction becomes much more meaningful.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll start with that then.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
January 06 2015 12:37 GMT
#33
Just wanted to thank you all guys, got so much inspiration from your readings
Zest fanboy.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
January 06 2015 14:59 GMT
#34
On January 06 2015 04:45 bookwyrm wrote:
[image loading]

[image loading]


Three Body Problem was incredibly underwhelming. I kinda went into it with somewhat high expectations considering the intriguing premise and all the raving reviews hailing it as the zenith of Chinese sci-fi and such, but it was kinda meh. Still haven't gotten around to reading the rest of the trilogy yet, though from what I understand it's capable of standing alone.
TranslatorBaa!
KNICK
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Germany248 Posts
January 06 2015 15:21 GMT
#35
[image loading]

After turning the last page of A Dance with Dragons and now desperately trying to master telepathy so I can order GRRM to finish The Winds of Winter faster, I decided to start reading the Gap Cycle by Stephen R. Donaldson in the meantime. I immediately ordered the other four books after getting halfway through this one. It's a pretty bleak and violent story with strong characters, excellent world-building and so far it's thankfully not too heavy on the hard sci-fi. From reviews I've read that the series gets better with every book, so I've got something to look forward to, because I'm already loving the introductory one.
I close one eye, and I see half. I close both, and I see everything.
Glowsphere
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
United States170 Posts
January 08 2015 01:29 GMT
#36
[image loading]

Picked this up randomly from used book store. Really enjoyable... the treatment is scholarly yet still presented in an easily readable narrative. It reveals a complex character in Saigo Takamori, and gives a view of Japan's transition into a modern state.
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
January 08 2015 21:39 GMT
#37
On January 06 2015 23:59 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2015 04:45 bookwyrm wrote:
[image loading]

[image loading]


Three Body Problem was incredibly underwhelming. I kinda went into it with somewhat high expectations considering the intriguing premise and all the raving reviews hailing it as the zenith of Chinese sci-fi and such, but it was kinda meh. Still haven't gotten around to reading the rest of the trilogy yet, though from what I understand it's capable of standing alone.


I'm about 200 pages in, and so far I think it's great. I would definitely teach this book
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-08 22:33:44
January 08 2015 22:30 GMT
#38
Really? I wasn't impressed, since the plot felt vapid and the characters were unbelievably flat. It reminded me of old, poorly developed sci-fi from decades ago, which I think makes sense considering how sci-fi is a very new genre for Chinese writers relatively speaking. Let me know when you finish it so I don't spoil.
TranslatorBaa!
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
January 08 2015 22:39 GMT
#39
I really like the 3body game where they live in a universe with 3 suns. It reminds me of The Diamond Age.

we'll speak again when I'm done
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
bookwyrm
Profile Joined March 2014
United States722 Posts
January 09 2015 01:39 GMT
#40
I finished it. I thought it was really good! I look forward to reading the others. I think maybe we have different sensibilities about the plot and characters and stuff. I don't really care about that stuff as much probably. I thought it dealt with a lot of really interesting ideas. Partly I like it because it is similar to a story I was thinking about writing for a while.
si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 52 53 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1201
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 282
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1201
ByuN 455
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 282
Reynor 249
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24497
Calm 2401
Shuttle 367
Mini 172
White-Ra 146
firebathero 83
ZZZero.O 76
scan(afreeca) 24
soO 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11115
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3865
Liquid`Hasu548
MindelVK3
Other Games
summit1g4568
Liquid`RaSZi2217
fl0m1749
FrodaN1313
B2W.Neo723
olofmeister697
Khaldor466
Beastyqt387
Livibee183
crisheroes135
Mew2King64
Pyrionflax39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
BasetradeTV236
StarCraft 2
angryscii 17
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach36
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1264
• Shiphtur588
• WagamamaTV419
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 38m
Replay Cast
3h 38m
OSC
16h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.