• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:21
CEST 06:21
KST 13:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10136 users

What Are You Reading 2013 - Page 15

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 165 Next
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
January 22 2013 22:38 GMT
#281
Just finished:
[image loading]

Was brilliant, obviously. Gogol's descriptive, elaborating style takes awhile to get used to, but it is really beautiful when you do.

Currently reading:
[image loading]

Read it before, but reading it again for a course. Probably top 3 of my all-time favourite books.

Reading Next: Ulysses, Anna Karenina, The Luzhin Defense.
sam!zdat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5559 Posts
January 22 2013 23:41 GMT
#282
Anna Karenina is amazing. I should definitely get around to read Dead Souls soon.
shikata ga nai
Syntaxs
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany57 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 07:20:59
January 23 2013 07:19 GMT
#283
1) What you just finished reading (or gave up half way through):
Happened once, was LOTR 1 (blame me now but the first 200 pages.... dear lord)
2) What are you currently reading
[image loading]
In case of it being hard to see what it is: Adam Fawer - Improbable
Almost done by now and I can say holy moly what a good read!
(Combines good story telling with elements of maths and physics)
3) What you plan to read next
[image loading]
(It's Adam Fawer - Gnosis)
I am curious, so far I really like Adam Fawer
Proud Hero Member of bebep.pureforum.net
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 07:29:51
January 23 2013 07:29 GMT
#284
On January 23 2013 07:27 mbr2321 wrote:
Just finished!
[image loading]

[image loading]



How did you like those books? I'm a little skeptical about the JKR book, as it doesn't have the greatest reviews from goodreads. But it is extremely popular.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
January 23 2013 07:56 GMT
#285
Reading
[image loading]

Want to start the Dresden Files series and Wheel of Time heard they are very good.
I am Godzilla You are Japan
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 08:20:39
January 23 2013 08:19 GMT
#286
Reading

[image loading]

and

[image loading]
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
LiLSighKoh
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States588 Posts
January 23 2013 08:31 GMT
#287
I got this book Thursday, didn't read it over the holiday weekend but, I'm already at 287/400+. I'm that into the book, I really like it, shows a whole another culture of Japan in which I never even knew about in Gieshas. Seems like it's a lost art form in these modern days which is kind of sad, i appreciate these old traditions to be a Geisha and such. Next for me is to watch the movie!
[image loading]
"Want some? Go get some!"
craz3d
Profile Joined August 2005
Bulgaria856 Posts
January 23 2013 08:32 GMT
#288
On January 16 2013 04:51 Amazering wrote:
Next up: Dune
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Never read it, but I have heard great things about this book. Can't wait to get around to reading it, unfortunately I have trouble when reading more than one book at the same time, so it will have to wait.


It'll start a little slow and then you won't be able to put it down.
Hello World!
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
January 23 2013 08:39 GMT
#289
Can we get a mod decision on which 2013 What are you reading thread is the main one? We have two.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
sam!zdat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5559 Posts
January 23 2013 09:51 GMT
#290
@rezoacken: yes! my secret plan is to get everyone in the world to read Red Mars! the series is incredible, probably my favorite novel
shikata ga nai
YoucriedWolf
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden1456 Posts
January 23 2013 10:24 GMT
#291
sam!zdat recommendation? I will be reading that one as well. And I do like the nebula award...
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
January 23 2013 10:41 GMT
#292
Currently reading :

[image loading]
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
Encdalf
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany66 Posts
January 23 2013 10:55 GMT
#293
Last finished:
Foundation trilogy by Asimov
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Currently reading:
A song of ice and fire
3/4 into the first book
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Next up:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
January 23 2013 11:07 GMT
#294
On January 23 2013 17:39 Flicky wrote:
Can we get a mod decision on which 2013 What are you reading thread is the main one? We have two.


Made a post in Website Feedback. Hopefully they close the other one as this one is pretty active with good discussion going on.
fourtytwopetunias
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom6 Posts
January 23 2013 11:37 GMT
#295
I recently finished the Millennium Trilogy by Steig Larsson (Better known as 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and so on).
It was definitely up there are one of my better reads; and great to see a female character take the intellectual and kick*ss reins for a change.


I am currently reading 'The Hunger Games' trilogy now. I suppose I feel like friends have deserted me when I finish a book so I tend to stick to trilogies or ongoing characters.
Again, female main character here. Totally coincidental I swear!


I am open to suggestions for next reads? I was hoping to go on to read 'Damned' by Chuck Palahnuik, but it has not claimed very good reviews... apparently he has lost his mojo.

Previously I tried to start reading 'The Tibetan Book of the Living and Dying' by Sogyal Rinpoche (1992) but then I got a kindle as a gift, and feel like I am cheating on the gift-giver if I pick up a paperback now :/

I would highly recommend Colin Bateman's novels with Dan Starkey as the main character. Hilarious and edgy.
'On a long enough timeline the human survival rate drops to zero.'
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 12:12:10
January 23 2013 11:53 GMT
#296
On January 23 2013 18:51 sam!zdat wrote:
@rezoacken: yes! my secret plan is to get everyone in the world to read Red Mars! the series is incredible, probably my favorite novel

Some ideas are really good, but god how long and boring it can be, especially toward the end...
Edit : that being said, I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, and I read it 10 years ago
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Syn Harvest
Profile Joined July 2012
United States191 Posts
January 23 2013 11:53 GMT
#297
On January 23 2013 20:37 fourtytwopetunias wrote:
I recently finished the Millennium Trilogy by Steig Larsson (Better known as 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and so on).
It was definitely up there are one of my better reads; and great to see a female character take the intellectual and kick*ss reins for a change.


I am currently reading 'The Hunger Games' trilogy now. I suppose I feel like friends have deserted me when I finish a book so I tend to stick to trilogies or ongoing characters.
Again, female main character here. Totally coincidental I swear!


I am open to suggestions for next reads? I was hoping to go on to read 'Damned' by Chuck Palahnuik, but it has not claimed very good reviews... apparently he has lost his mojo.

Previously I tried to start reading 'The Tibetan Book of the Living and Dying' by Sogyal Rinpoche (1992) but then I got a kindle as a gift, and feel like I am cheating on the gift-giver if I pick up a paperback now :/

I would highly recommend Colin Bateman's novels with Dan Starkey as the main character. Hilarious and edgy.


Damned by Palahnuik is awful in my opinion I really liked his early work. Fight Club and Lullaby especially are very good but Damned is lackluster at best.

The Hunger Games as well was a disappointing read. The first book is pretty good but it goes off a cliff after that. Catching Fire is okay and has a few decent moments. Mockingjay is absolutely awful. about a third way into book 2 the series starts becoming so predictable and derivative. The story line of the third book is just so cliche and terrible and I feel as if she writes worse and worse as the series continues. On the bright side their are a lot of poorly written child on child violence.
Open your heart and embrace the darkness
aloT
Profile Joined April 2010
England1042 Posts
January 23 2013 12:11 GMT
#298
I think that the hunger games had the concept for one of the best dark saga's ever. It had everything. It could have been another 1984. But damnit to hell half the focus was on an unrealistic and childishly portrayed love triangle.
fourtytwopetunias
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom6 Posts
January 23 2013 13:17 GMT
#299
On January 23 2013 20:53 Syn Harvest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2013 20:37 fourtytwopetunias wrote:
I recently finished the Millennium Trilogy by Steig Larsson (Better known as 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and so on).
It was definitely up there are one of my better reads; and great to see a female character take the intellectual and kick*ss reins for a change.


I am currently reading 'The Hunger Games' trilogy now. I suppose I feel like friends have deserted me when I finish a book so I tend to stick to trilogies or ongoing characters.
Again, female main character here. Totally coincidental I swear!


I am open to suggestions for next reads? I was hoping to go on to read 'Damned' by Chuck Palahnuik, but it has not claimed very good reviews... apparently he has lost his mojo.

Previously I tried to start reading 'The Tibetan Book of the Living and Dying' by Sogyal Rinpoche (1992) but then I got a kindle as a gift, and feel like I am cheating on the gift-giver if I pick up a paperback now :/

I would highly recommend Colin Bateman's novels with Dan Starkey as the main character. Hilarious and edgy.


Damned by Palahnuik is awful in my opinion I really liked his early work. Fight Club and Lullaby especially are very good but Damned is lackluster at best.

The Hunger Games as well was a disappointing read. The first book is pretty good but it goes off a cliff after that. Catching Fire is okay and has a few decent moments. Mockingjay is absolutely awful. about a third way into book 2 the series starts becoming so predictable and derivative. The story line of the third book is just so cliche and terrible and I feel as if she writes worse and worse as the series continues. On the bright side their are a lot of poorly written child on child violence.


I love all of Chuck Palahnuik's book, which is why I don't want to read Damned. It is like meeting Pat Sharp Djing at your Uni 'disco' and realising your childhood hero is questionable.
Mind you, my real childhood hero Neil Buchannon has just went up a few notches on the 'cool' spectrum seen as he is in the Punk scene. Anyway...

I am halfway through the second book now, if what you say is true and not just personal opinion, then I might just cry myself to sleep tonight
'On a long enough timeline the human survival rate drops to zero.'
Wudu
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria127 Posts
January 23 2013 13:42 GMT
#300
[image loading]
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 165 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft322
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft603
PiGStarcraft322
RuFF_SC2 214
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 139
Leta 76
Hyuk 43
Horang2 39
Bale 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
League of Legends
JimRising 626
Counter-Strike
taco 406
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox733
C9.Mang0275
Westballz30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor629
Other Games
summit1g9521
Coldzera 815
Sick121
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1058
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 39m
Online Event
6h 39m
FEL
11h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.