• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8767 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 94

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 1254 Next
Holy_AT
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria978 Posts
March 05 2012 20:03 GMT
#1861
I am sorry if I am maybe asking some dumb questions.

But there have been many Dota 2 tournaments and announcements and streams but it has not yet been released ?
This is very strange, can you download some kind of demo version and try it ?
And I was watching some streams, or lets say trying to watch some streams but I got very confused.
You have to know that I play Lol so I grasp the basic gameplay Idea behind this game.
But when watching the stream on the weekend (it seemed to be a huge dota 2 tournament) I was very confused.
I thought there were also 2 teams in Dota 2 batteleing it out but there were multiple units with many colors on the playfield and I could not make out anyy team. Do I have to look for something different or do the colors have special meaning that I dont get ?
Ectrid
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany51 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 20:25:01
March 05 2012 20:24 GMT
#1862
nvm
Nobody is more a slave than the one who considers himself free without being free
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
March 05 2012 20:33 GMT
#1863
On March 06 2012 05:03 Holy_AT wrote:
I am sorry if I am maybe asking some dumb questions.

But there have been many Dota 2 tournaments and announcements and streams but it has not yet been released ?
This is very strange, can you download some kind of demo version and try it ?
And I was watching some streams, or lets say trying to watch some streams but I got very confused.
You have to know that I play Lol so I grasp the basic gameplay Idea behind this game.
But when watching the stream on the weekend (it seemed to be a huge dota 2 tournament) I was very confused.
I thought there were also 2 teams in Dota 2 batteleing it out but there were multiple units with many colors on the playfield and I could not make out anyy team. Do I have to look for something different or do the colors have special meaning that I dont get ?


LoL and DotA are really very very different games.
There are 2 teams, the dire and the radiant. Colours differentiate players so you can see who owns what units, you can enable it so all your allies are green and your enemies are red. The game is in beta and if you have a betakey you can play.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
March 05 2012 20:39 GMT
#1864
On March 06 2012 05:03 Holy_AT wrote:
I am sorry if I am maybe asking some dumb questions.
But there have been many Dota 2 tournaments and announcements and streams but it has not yet been released ?
This is very strange, can you download some kind of demo version and try it ?

Right now it is in closed beta, so only people lucky enough to acquire keys can play.
And I was watching some streams, or lets say trying to watch some streams but I got very confused.
You have to know that I play Lol so I grasp the basic gameplay Idea behind this game.
But when watching the stream on the weekend (it seemed to be a huge dota 2 tournament) I was very confused.
I thought there were also 2 teams in Dota 2 batteleing it out but there were multiple units with many colors on the playfield and I could not make out anyy team. Do I have to look for something different or do the colors have special meaning that I dont get ?

If you are referring to the colors above heroes names that is nothing but an indicator for each player and does not signify team. There are two teams of five players in every game of DOTA, just like in LoL. To tell who is on which team you should look for the red and green coloring of the health bars or better yet just check the heroes at the top of the screen every game ^_^
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 22:49:35
March 05 2012 22:48 GMT
#1865
On March 06 2012 05:39 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 05:03 Holy_AT wrote:
I am sorry if I am maybe asking some dumb questions.
But there have been many Dota 2 tournaments and announcements and streams but it has not yet been released ?
This is very strange, can you download some kind of demo version and try it ?

Right now it is in closed beta, so only people lucky enough to acquire keys can play.
Show nested quote +
And I was watching some streams, or lets say trying to watch some streams but I got very confused.
You have to know that I play Lol so I grasp the basic gameplay Idea behind this game.
But when watching the stream on the weekend (it seemed to be a huge dota 2 tournament) I was very confused.
I thought there were also 2 teams in Dota 2 batteleing it out but there were multiple units with many colors on the playfield and I could not make out anyy team. Do I have to look for something different or do the colors have special meaning that I dont get ?

If you are referring to the colors above heroes names that is nothing but an indicator for each player and does not signify team. There are two teams of five players in every game of DOTA, just like in LoL. To tell who is on which team you should look for the red and green coloring of the health bars or better yet just check the heroes at the top of the screen every game ^_^


Just adding that you cannot have the same hero on both sides in Dota, unlike LoL, so the coloring isn't as important. You should remember pretty quickly which heroes are on each team, and the red/green bars should be enough otherwise.
Tomken
Profile Joined January 2010
Norway1144 Posts
March 05 2012 22:51 GMT
#1866
Is it possible to get same camera grip (mouse3) as in SC2..?
MBCGame HERO FIGHTING!!!~
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 04:38:44
March 07 2012 04:37 GMT
#1867
Is it just for me or everyone in E V E R Y S I N G L E G A M E without no exception, has a leaver in either one of the sides?
edit: on a serious note is there a mod to put minimap on right side instead of left ?
ftd.rain
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom539 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 05:12:50
March 07 2012 05:11 GMT
#1868
On March 07 2012 13:37 noD wrote:
Is it just for me or everyone in E V E R Y S I N G L E G A M E without no exception, has a leaver in either one of the sides?
edit: on a serious note is there a mod to put minimap on right side instead of left ?

I just started playing and in my first 3 games there were no leavers, and I think that there's a system in which leavers get matched up with other leavers.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 07 2012 05:21 GMT
#1869
I barely ever have intentional leavers.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
March 07 2012 05:45 GMT
#1870
Same, I probably have less than 10% now, even in early beta it was only slightly more common but I mean, you would wait 50 minutes to find a game that people just wouldn't leave once they're in, they would be more inclined to leave if the game is a streamroll since there was no penalty for leaving but I don't get intentional leavers often at all.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
March 07 2012 05:49 GMT
#1871
On March 07 2012 13:37 noD wrote:
Is it just for me or everyone in E V E R Y S I N G L E G A M E without no exception, has a leaver in either one of the sides?
edit: on a serious note is there a mod to put minimap on right side instead of left ?


in 200 games i've only ever seen 5 or so leavers, a few of them timeouts/disconnects, and a couple rage quits from either side

most of them were from when i started playing, but i think as you go up in skill level, people are less likely to leave.
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
QuothTheRaven
Profile Joined December 2008
United States5524 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 05:57:16
March 07 2012 05:57 GMT
#1872
On March 07 2012 13:37 noD wrote:
Is it just for me or everyone in E V E R Y S I N G L E G A M E without no exception, has a leaver in either one of the sides?
edit: on a serious note is there a mod to put minimap on right side instead of left ?

Have you yourself abandoned any games? If you abandon a certain number, I believe you end up getting paired with other leavers.

FWIW I almost never see leavers in my games.
. . . nevermore
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 12:21:22
March 07 2012 12:17 GMT
#1873
On March 07 2012 14:57 QuothTheRaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 13:37 noD wrote:
Is it just for me or everyone in E V E R Y S I N G L E G A M E without no exception, has a leaver in either one of the sides?
edit: on a serious note is there a mod to put minimap on right side instead of left ?

Have you yourself abandoned any games? If you abandon a certain number, I believe you end up getting paired with other leavers.

FWIW I almost never see leavers in my games.


I have 12 wins 18 losses and 0 abandoned games...
deit: last 8 ones had leavers and i lost
byFd
Profile Joined May 2006
Germany620 Posts
March 07 2012 15:55 GMT
#1874
when you press alt, the minimap shows little hero faces instead of X and O, is it possible to have this effect permanent?
(>°_°)>
Frazzlehoon
Profile Joined July 2008
United States3455 Posts
March 07 2012 16:30 GMT
#1875
On March 06 2012 05:03 Holy_AT wrote:
I am sorry if I am maybe asking some dumb questions.

But there have been many Dota 2 tournaments and announcements and streams but it has not yet been released ?
This is very strange, can you download some kind of demo version and try it ?
And I was watching some streams, or lets say trying to watch some streams but I got very confused.
You have to know that I play Lol so I grasp the basic gameplay Idea behind this game.
But when watching the stream on the weekend (it seemed to be a huge dota 2 tournament) I was very confused.
I thought there were also 2 teams in Dota 2 batteleing it out but there were multiple units with many colors on the playfield and I could not make out anyy team. Do I have to look for something different or do the colors have special meaning that I dont get ?


Also, if you want to learn a general overview of the game, I'd recommend after reading a little on general gameplay: http://www.joindota.com/en/vods
I think every game is commentated and Tobi/whoever the commentator is makes it really easy to understand the general things of what's going on in a gam!

And yea, I agree with the other people, I haven't met that many intentional leavers. Even for disconnects, most Dota2 players are good mannered enough to just wait for them to reconnect. (Sooner or later however, you'll encounter the random unpausers. :/)
bokeevboke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Singapore1674 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 16:47:29
March 07 2012 16:47 GMT
#1876
I'm sorry if it has been asked and answered. But is colorblind mode going to be implemented? I can't play without it, red and green look the same for me.

iirc, warcraft 3 had colorblind mode, yes? so, if dota2 is kinda follow up to dota, it has to be there right? otherwise i won't play it >:[
Its grack
Pseudoku
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 16:55:59
March 07 2012 16:55 GMT
#1877
On March 08 2012 01:47 bokeevboke wrote:
I'm sorry if it has been asked and answered. But is colorblind mode going to be implemented? I can't play without it, red and green look the same for me.

iirc, warcraft 3 had colorblind mode, yes? so, if dota2 is kinda follow up to dota, it has to be there right? otherwise i won't play it >:[


Here's your solution - just use the appropriate commands in console
Copy and pasted from http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/thread/866122-useful-console-commands-for-dota-2:
+ Show Spoiler +

Opposing team color combination:

The RGB for the enemy team is dota_enemy_color_r, dota_enemy_color_g, dota_enemy_color_b (ie: dota_enemy_color_r 1). Below are some colors the enemy team can be:

R, G, B all set to 0: Black
R, G, B all set to 1: White
R 1, G 0, B 0: Red
R 1, G 1, B 0: Yellow
R 1, G 0, B 1: Fuchsia
R 0, G 1, B 0: Green
R 0, G 1, B 1: Cyan
R 0, G 0, B 1: Blue

The RGB for the friendly team is dota_friendly_color_r, dota_friendly_color_g, dota_friendly_color_b (ie: dota_friendly_color_r 1). Same colors as above.

Logic fails because we are lazy.
Pseudoku
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1279 Posts
March 07 2012 16:57 GMT
#1878
On March 08 2012 01:55 Pseudoku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 01:47 bokeevboke wrote:
I'm sorry if it has been asked and answered. But is colorblind mode going to be implemented? I can't play without it, red and green look the same for me.

iirc, warcraft 3 had colorblind mode, yes? so, if dota2 is kinda follow up to dota, it has to be there right? otherwise i won't play it >:[


Here's your solution - just use the appropriate commands in console
Copy and pasted from http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/thread/866122-useful-console-commands-for-dota-2:
+ Show Spoiler +

Opposing team color combination:

The RGB for the enemy team is dota_enemy_color_r, dota_enemy_color_g, dota_enemy_color_b (ie: dota_enemy_color_r 1). Below are some colors the enemy team can be:

R, G, B all set to 0: Black
R, G, B all set to 1: White
R 1, G 0, B 0: Red
R 1, G 1, B 0: Yellow
R 1, G 0, B 1: Fuchsia
R 0, G 1, B 0: Green
R 0, G 1, B 1: Cyan
R 0, G 0, B 1: Blue

The RGB for the friendly team is dota_friendly_color_r, dota_friendly_color_g, dota_friendly_color_b (ie: dota_friendly_color_r 1). Same colors as above.



P.S. Set up an autoexec.cfg file if you don't want to type all of those every time you open dota 2.
Logic fails because we are lazy.
bokeevboke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Singapore1674 Posts
March 07 2012 17:50 GMT
#1879
On March 08 2012 01:55 Pseudoku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 01:47 bokeevboke wrote:
I'm sorry if it has been asked and answered. But is colorblind mode going to be implemented? I can't play without it, red and green look the same for me.

iirc, warcraft 3 had colorblind mode, yes? so, if dota2 is kinda follow up to dota, it has to be there right? otherwise i won't play it >:[


Here's your solution - just use the appropriate commands in console
Copy and pasted from http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/thread/866122-useful-console-commands-for-dota-2:
+ Show Spoiler +

Opposing team color combination:

The RGB for the enemy team is dota_enemy_color_r, dota_enemy_color_g, dota_enemy_color_b (ie: dota_enemy_color_r 1). Below are some colors the enemy team can be:

R, G, B all set to 0: Black
R, G, B all set to 1: White
R 1, G 0, B 0: Red
R 1, G 1, B 0: Yellow
R 1, G 0, B 1: Fuchsia
R 0, G 1, B 0: Green
R 0, G 1, B 1: Cyan
R 0, G 0, B 1: Blue

The RGB for the friendly team is dota_friendly_color_r, dota_friendly_color_g, dota_friendly_color_b (ie: dota_friendly_color_r 1). Same colors as above.



thanks a lot! wow, thats great, valve were always good at giving as many tools as possible to customize their game.
Its grack
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
March 07 2012 18:18 GMT
#1880
Is there no mod to put minimap on right side and items on left side ?
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 10201
StarCastTV_EN275
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12397
Bisu 4182
FanTaSy 3240
Jaedong 1309
BeSt 852
actioN 622
EffOrt 514
Horang2 485
Larva 298
Leta 240
[ Show more ]
Zeus 210
Barracks 162
Dewaltoss 119
Mind 108
JYJ 80
Mong 76
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 62
Sexy 61
sorry 53
Killer 45
Free 40
Shinee 40
Aegong 37
sSak 34
soO 32
Bale 31
HiyA 20
yabsab 13
Sacsri 8
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe262
XaKoH 52
Counter-Strike
byalli829
x6flipin30
Other Games
singsing1919
olofmeister1062
Lowko298
crisheroes276
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe119
dupreeh100
Livibee52
B2W.Neo38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
StarCraft 2
WardiTV14
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1132
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
14m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 14m
Replay Cast
12h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 14m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.