• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:59
CEST 06:59
KST 13:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7380 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 81

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 1254 Next
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
February 16 2012 23:05 GMT
#1601
Why is Huskar so strong ? TT
Run into a Huskar / omniknight combo, they coul 2v5 the whole team, that was scary as hell.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
February 16 2012 23:19 GMT
#1602
On February 17 2012 08:05 Noocta wrote:
Why is Huskar so strong ? TT
Run into a Huskar / omniknight combo, they coul 2v5 the whole team, that was scary as hell.


Like, what makes him so strong or you saying he's broken?
LiquidDota Staff
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
February 17 2012 00:09 GMT
#1603
So I've been hitting private games vs bots a fair bit recently to get my last-hitting up, and I wanted to ask you guys what you think is a good number of creep kills at certain times?

Like say I'm in the game for 20 mins, then restart it. What would you say is a good number?
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Kahzaar
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden897 Posts
February 17 2012 00:17 GMT
#1604
On February 17 2012 09:09 Hassybaby wrote:
So I've been hitting private games vs bots a fair bit recently to get my last-hitting up, and I wanted to ask you guys what you think is a good number of creep kills at certain times?

Like say I'm in the game for 20 mins, then restart it. What would you say is a good number?

It depends on your role, but I assume you mean as a carry. In that case I'd say 120.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-17 10:14:19
February 17 2012 09:48 GMT
#1605
On February 17 2012 08:19 OuchyDathurts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 08:05 Noocta wrote:
Why is Huskar so strong ? TT
Run into a Huskar / omniknight combo, they coul 2v5 the whole team, that was scary as hell.


Like, what makes him so strong or you saying he's broken?


Not whining on imbalance, this game is pretty fairly balance.
It's just that Huskar dps with very few items ( like a helm of dominator and some bracers ) is crazy.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
February 17 2012 10:03 GMT
#1606
On February 17 2012 06:14 Zlasher wrote:
Sand King caustic on allllllll the creep vs BS? Thoughts?

First thought : hilarious. I love getting high early caustic laning vs a melee, just makes it so hard for them, I go burrow/ caustic/caustic if I'm vs a melee often. Just because they can't get close, and 8 second duration on creeps is nuts, you can just hit all the creeps once,and they either stay away from last hits or get instagibbed
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
February 17 2012 10:51 GMT
#1607
Well...I wans't saying get high early caustic its relaly just a repelent. Level 1 caustic, maybe get it again at level 3 but you don't really level the orb past its 2nd level. But I was just thinking that its a pretty good 'counter' or at least fights well against the bloodseeker mid.

Also in a 1v1 situation against a melee I see no point in getting level 1 burrow. Get level 1 orb since the damage dealt by the orb does more early on, and then get burrow level 2 so you can combo after you harass him with the orb effect to burrow in to deal the final blow, but i'd go orb/burrow/orb instead of burrow orb orb...ever.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
February 17 2012 10:56 GMT
#1608
On February 17 2012 09:17 Kahzaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 09:09 Hassybaby wrote:
So I've been hitting private games vs bots a fair bit recently to get my last-hitting up, and I wanted to ask you guys what you think is a good number of creep kills at certain times?

Like say I'm in the game for 20 mins, then restart it. What would you say is a good number?

It depends on your role, but I assume you mean as a carry. In that case I'd say 120.


O.O

Ok I gotta work a lot harder
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
February 17 2012 11:19 GMT
#1609
No offense but if you're just against bots I don't see why you shouldn't be getting 6-8 CS per minute, and yes you should be getting a courier for yourself. But keep in mind that there are like 10 creep per minute so you should easily be able to get almost all of them, bots are shitty last hitters.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
February 17 2012 11:20 GMT
#1610
On February 17 2012 19:51 Zlasher wrote:
Well...I wans't saying get high early caustic its relaly just a repelent. Level 1 caustic, maybe get it again at level 3 but you don't really level the orb past its 2nd level. But I was just thinking that its a pretty good 'counter' or at least fights well against the bloodseeker mid.

Also in a 1v1 situation against a melee I see no point in getting level 1 burrow. Get level 1 orb since the damage dealt by the orb does more early on, and then get burrow level 2 so you can combo after you harass him with the orb effect to burrow in to deal the final blow, but i'd go orb/burrow/orb instead of burrow orb orb...ever.


I play paranoid, having the stun and pseudoblink at level 1 might let me escape a lvl 1 fb attempt, either burror or storm, but if youre planning on going orb that leaves your burrow too low to start contributing early, or only level 1 of orb, which i can kinda get behind. Plus level 1 burrow can get you a kill if your allies go for a lvl 1 fb - I tend to feel if you're not taking your escape mech or a stun at level 1, you're doing it wrong.

Agreed with no more than 2 points early, but a couple of levels makes life he'll for melees.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
February 17 2012 11:22 GMT
#1611
On February 17 2012 19:56 Hassybaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 09:17 Kahzaar wrote:
On February 17 2012 09:09 Hassybaby wrote:
So I've been hitting private games vs bots a fair bit recently to get my last-hitting up, and I wanted to ask you guys what you think is a good number of creep kills at certain times?

Like say I'm in the game for 20 mins, then restart it. What would you say is a good number?

It depends on your role, but I assume you mean as a carry. In that case I'd say 120.


O.O

Ok I gotta work a lot harder

That's assuming a favourable or even lane. If there's nobody in the lane you have very little excuse for missing any last hits. If you have a shitty time then 30 per 10 is okayish, but yeah, as a carry you should be aiming for 60 per 10.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
Altsa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Finland990 Posts
February 17 2012 11:45 GMT
#1612
On February 17 2012 09:09 Hassybaby wrote:
So I've been hitting private games vs bots a fair bit recently to get my last-hitting up, and I wanted to ask you guys what you think is a good number of creep kills at certain times?

Like say I'm in the game for 20 mins, then restart it. What would you say is a good number?

The benchmark I´ve been using for a while is 40-45 cs every 8 mins.
AoD
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
February 17 2012 13:55 GMT
#1613
On February 17 2012 20:19 Zlasher wrote:
No offense but if you're just against bots I don't see why you shouldn't be getting 6-8 CS per minute, and yes you should be getting a courier for yourself. But keep in mind that there are like 10 creep per minute so you should easily be able to get almost all of them, bots are shitty last hitters.

There are 8 creeps per minute early on, with a siege every 7th wave. So at ten minutes you will have just barely met the 20th wave (if you're mid), so the most you can get is probably 78. If you go for a kill or have to hide from a gank, then you're going to lose a bunch.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
February 17 2012 14:04 GMT
#1614
Well if I stay in the lane for the full 20 mins, I've gotten to 91 in the 20, so I still have work to do. Was just wondering what level I should be looking at, bots or normal game
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
February 17 2012 14:19 GMT
#1615
On February 17 2012 23:04 Hassybaby wrote:
Well if I stay in the lane for the full 20 mins, I've gotten to 91 in the 20, so I still have work to do. Was just wondering what level I should be looking at, bots or normal game

Whats your cs with no bots. To be honest it's a purely mechanical exercise to begin with- just spend a half hour resetting every 10 minutes until you have 60-70 cs, then worry about outside influences. It's like practicing an opener before using it, if the bots really are as shitty as people say, there's very little difference between having one and not. Later cs matter less than early ones - if you can get the early onesyou can get the later ones.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
February 17 2012 15:04 GMT
#1616
On February 17 2012 23:19 lozarian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 23:04 Hassybaby wrote:
Well if I stay in the lane for the full 20 mins, I've gotten to 91 in the 20, so I still have work to do. Was just wondering what level I should be looking at, bots or normal game

Whats your cs with no bots. To be honest it's a purely mechanical exercise to begin with- just spend a half hour resetting every 10 minutes until you have 60-70 cs, then worry about outside influences. It's like practicing an opener before using it, if the bots really are as shitty as people say, there's very little difference between having one and not. Later cs matter less than early ones - if you can get the early onesyou can get the later ones.


I only look at CS after the game, so it varies lots, and I random so that doesn't help either

I'll be able to have a look when I get home
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Gnarg
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands165 Posts
February 17 2012 15:19 GMT
#1617
You should realise that like 60 cs per 10 minutes is your goal, but dont fret if you dont manage to get that straigth away. For lower level games, noone gets close to that.
scorch-
Profile Joined January 2011
United States816 Posts
February 17 2012 15:46 GMT
#1618
Your goal should be 82 in the first 10 minutes!
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
February 17 2012 16:25 GMT
#1619
If you're doing it solo it should be.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
February 17 2012 18:37 GMT
#1620
On February 17 2012 20:20 lozarian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 19:51 Zlasher wrote:
Well...I wans't saying get high early caustic its relaly just a repelent. Level 1 caustic, maybe get it again at level 3 but you don't really level the orb past its 2nd level. But I was just thinking that its a pretty good 'counter' or at least fights well against the bloodseeker mid.

Also in a 1v1 situation against a melee I see no point in getting level 1 burrow. Get level 1 orb since the damage dealt by the orb does more early on, and then get burrow level 2 so you can combo after you harass him with the orb effect to burrow in to deal the final blow, but i'd go orb/burrow/orb instead of burrow orb orb...ever.


I play paranoid, having the stun and pseudoblink at level 1 might let me escape a lvl 1 fb attempt, either burror or storm, but if youre planning on going orb that leaves your burrow too low to start contributing early, or only level 1 of orb, which i can kinda get behind. Plus level 1 burrow can get you a kill if your allies go for a lvl 1 fb - I tend to feel if you're not taking your escape mech or a stun at level 1, you're doing it wrong.

Agreed with no more than 2 points early, but a couple of levels makes life he'll for melees.


The range on level 1 stun is so shit its like 175 practically melee range. Don't skill until you're in the lane about to make your first move and you see the 4/5 heroes accounted for. That pathetic range on the stun won't save you from a proper level 1 gank/roam.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft311
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft685
PiGStarcraft311
RuFF_SC2 191
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 256
Stork 194
Leta 108
Hyuk 75
PianO 74
Bale 17
Icarus 8
yabsab 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 692
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox737
Westballz34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor599
Other Games
summit1g8686
Coldzera 820
C9.Mang0280
Sick118
ViBE75
ArmadaUGS36
Liquid`Ken9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• Letter148
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2146
League of Legends
• Lourlo1184
• Stunt381
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 1m
Online Event
6h 1m
FEL
11h 1m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.