• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:38
CEST 01:38
KST 08:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9761 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 80

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 1254 Next
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
February 16 2012 11:02 GMT
#1581
Perhaps in practice games they don't do well vs him. I know I personally have completely failed a few times (read: fed like a noob who goes boots first and gets level 1 stats on windrunner (I've seen that T.T)), simply because I felt i was doing better than I actually was, so I would try to be a boss and run into the middle of their team, but then I'm underleveled and don't have as many items as I would, so I die. Perhaps they have problems like that.
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
February 16 2012 11:14 GMT
#1582
On February 16 2012 20:00 Hoban wrote:
Here is one random note about Jugg. If you are ruptured by bloodseeker ult and you omnislash, you will still take damage and probably die because of it. The more you know...

If you mean dota2, then that's a bug and needs to be reported (just checked, it has been). Jugger is invulnerable in omnislash, and shouldn't take any damage from any sources.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
February 16 2012 11:25 GMT
#1583
How/Who do you lane vs a Bloodseeker in a 1v1 situation? I've had mild success with Pudge, but the BS that game was a noob. I've seen Dendi own him with WR, but I couldn't pull that off, at least I managed not to die lol. Mirana - I got owned, had him at 100 HP at one time, but couldn't finish him off. DK - at least I could compete in lasthitting, but he just ganked the other lanes and outfarmed me hard lategame.
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 12:32:01
February 16 2012 12:28 GMT
#1584
On February 16 2012 20:00 lozarian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 18:29 Numy wrote:
On February 16 2012 18:03 flamewheel wrote:
On February 16 2012 17:52 LAN-f34r wrote:
Going to throw this out here again - why did lich stop being used against trilanes?

Three reasons: no escape mechanism (Leap, Power Cogs, Windrunner, Illusory Orb), no real disable (Frost Nova hits one, maybe two if enemies clump), and sacrifice aids enemy pushing teams. And pushing is all the rage these days.


Just to keep this going, why did/does Navi ban lich then?

Which game, against which team, and what were they going for? As was said, they have a very aggressive gank and push style, which can go very very south if they get caught out - look at the navi vs dignities game where pudge, Chen and venomancer are durdling about behind the sentinel tier 1 top lane tower, taking the aggro and letting the creeps push - a Lich ulti there would get 3 kills, especially if there was a solid stun/ initate/ move controller there. Maybe they got burnt by it recently, or maybe they were against a team who are known for playing void + 4, or maybe even the rest of the bans left both antimage and invoker in the pool, and they knew the other team didn't have a good invoker player, so they left them both, removed antimages favourite lane partner, and dared them to give navi invoker.

Lots of possibilities, can't really answer without more info.


For a period they did Dark Seer and lich first two bans every single game. A lot of Bambi play and some veno veng mid. I'll try find vods. I guess I shouldn't assume people have watched all the navi games lately.
lozarian
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1043 Posts
February 16 2012 12:32 GMT
#1585
To take down seeker you need either: sustained harassment and better last hit, or massive burst, or super hard push. Kunkka does the first - tidebringer let's you deny his life, then you harass when you go for last hits, if he silences himself you just torrent on you when he ruptures, if he silences you you can just stand and fight. You should outfarm and outharaas him.

Massive burst - tiny works, better than a tinker IMO, because tinker will have trouble instantly killing him, and is more suceptible to getting outhealed. A very early bottle on tiny let's you spam your spells, get him low, push the wave forward and then get rune control. An invis rune past level 4 is an instantly dead seeker. You can also compete with last hits.

Broodmother fits the last option - invisible stops his harass, you regen up almost as fast, and he can't really stop a push. He either loses the lane, cedes the tower, or runs away to side lane.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered.
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
February 16 2012 12:40 GMT
#1586
Laning vs a bloodseeker, hit him multiple times whenever he tries for a last hit (if you're not confident you can out last hit him, say he goes quelling blade), and try to maintain equilibrium away from the tower. Once he's low health and out of consumables, it's over.

If you let him just leave the lane and gank someone without warning or tping in to countergank, you shouldn't complain if he gets fed. He's also pretty useless against pushes.

---

How do you use furion to pull the first enemy creep wave in the hard lane? What's the best route/timing? I've used treants to pull them out of the lane, but they still waypoint back a little past the outermost tower. Is it possible without drawing them all the way back to your tower (and if that's the only way, when do you have to summon the treants)?
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
February 16 2012 16:37 GMT
#1587
On February 16 2012 21:28 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 20:00 lozarian wrote:
On February 16 2012 18:29 Numy wrote:
On February 16 2012 18:03 flamewheel wrote:
On February 16 2012 17:52 LAN-f34r wrote:
Going to throw this out here again - why did lich stop being used against trilanes?

Three reasons: no escape mechanism (Leap, Power Cogs, Windrunner, Illusory Orb), no real disable (Frost Nova hits one, maybe two if enemies clump), and sacrifice aids enemy pushing teams. And pushing is all the rage these days.


Just to keep this going, why did/does Navi ban lich then?

Which game, against which team, and what were they going for? As was said, they have a very aggressive gank and push style, which can go very very south if they get caught out - look at the navi vs dignities game where pudge, Chen and venomancer are durdling about behind the sentinel tier 1 top lane tower, taking the aggro and letting the creeps push - a Lich ulti there would get 3 kills, especially if there was a solid stun/ initate/ move controller there. Maybe they got burnt by it recently, or maybe they were against a team who are known for playing void + 4, or maybe even the rest of the bans left both antimage and invoker in the pool, and they knew the other team didn't have a good invoker player, so they left them both, removed antimages favourite lane partner, and dared them to give navi invoker.

Lots of possibilities, can't really answer without more info.


For a period they did Dark Seer and lich first two bans every single game. A lot of Bambi play and some veno veng mid. I'll try find vods. I guess I shouldn't assume people have watched all the navi games lately.

NaVi is banning Lich in the first round every game at the moment. Just scan down the VoD thread for their games.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
February 16 2012 20:23 GMT
#1588
On February 16 2012 21:32 lozarian wrote:
To take down seeker you need either: sustained harassment and better last hit, or massive burst, or super hard push. Kunkka does the first - tidebringer let's you deny his life, then you harass when you go for last hits, if he silences himself you just torrent on you when he ruptures, if he silences you you can just stand and fight. You should outfarm and outharaas him.

Massive burst - tiny works, better than a tinker IMO, because tinker will have trouble instantly killing him, and is more suceptible to getting outhealed. A very early bottle on tiny let's you spam your spells, get him low, push the wave forward and then get rune control. An invis rune past level 4 is an instantly dead seeker. You can also compete with last hits.

Broodmother fits the last option - invisible stops his harass, you regen up almost as fast, and he can't really stop a push. He either loses the lane, cedes the tower, or runs away to side lane.

that's not very nice u know.....
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
JumboJohnson
Profile Joined December 2011
537 Posts
February 16 2012 20:44 GMT
#1589
Does anyone know if they are going to add concede? I don't want them too but was curious.
Dubzex
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6994 Posts
February 16 2012 20:47 GMT
#1590
What spells go through BKB?
"DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CARRY OR YOU WILL BE CARRIED INTO THE ABYSS OF SUFFERING" - Tyler 'TC' Cook
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
February 16 2012 21:14 GMT
#1591
Sand King caustic on allllllll the creep vs BS? Thoughts?
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 16 2012 21:45 GMT
#1592
So, what ever happened to Ancient Apparition?

He's an almost ubiquitous ban/pick in Chinese competitive DotA, and was played quite a bit by Western teams before the Chinese even really palyed him, but his presence in DotA 2 has been...lacking. What about DotA 2 makes him unappealing?
Moderator
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
February 16 2012 21:54 GMT
#1593
On February 17 2012 06:45 TheYango wrote:
So, what ever happened to Ancient Apparition?

He's an almost ubiquitous ban/pick in Chinese competitive DotA, and was played quite a bit by Western teams before the Chinese even really palyed him, but his presence in DotA 2 has been...lacking. What about DotA 2 makes him unappealing?

He's been picked quite a bit. In the ~40 games that I have in the VoD thread, he's been picked 11 times.
cilinder007
Profile Joined August 2010
Slovenia7251 Posts
February 16 2012 22:04 GMT
#1594
On February 17 2012 06:45 TheYango wrote:
So, what ever happened to Ancient Apparition?

He's an almost ubiquitous ban/pick in Chinese competitive DotA, and was played quite a bit by Western teams before the Chinese even really palyed him, but his presence in DotA 2 has been...lacking. What about DotA 2 makes him unappealing?

I think its more the combo of ck and aa in dota1 that is so devestating, its even stronger than with es, once ck comes into dota2 I think aa will get picked more
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
February 16 2012 22:13 GMT
#1595
Been years since I played DotA1, but did Edict on Leshrac always hit the same target if only 1 was around? I thought it was random in the field around you, I know torturer in HoN was random. That shit is disgusting lol.
LiquidDota Staff
cilinder007
Profile Joined August 2010
Slovenia7251 Posts
February 16 2012 22:17 GMT
#1596
On February 17 2012 07:13 OuchyDathurts wrote:
Been years since I played DotA1, but did Edict on Leshrac always hit the same target if only 1 was around? I thought it was random in the field around you, I know torturer in HoN was random. That shit is disgusting lol.

it is random on all the targets in the aoe, so if there is only 1 target it will focus it yes and it does an INSANE amout of dmg early
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
February 16 2012 22:22 GMT
#1597
Yeah, thats what I'm saying. Pudge lastnight mid had no idea what he was messing with. It's disgusting amounts of damage. But was that the case in DotA1 is my question. I don't recall that, but I didn't play lesh much back then. In HoN i know it was completely random no matter how many things were around him. So it never focus fired something into the dirt.
LiquidDota Staff
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 22:24:54
February 16 2012 22:24 GMT
#1598
On February 16 2012 20:25 ChrisXIV wrote:
How/Who do you lane vs a Bloodseeker in a 1v1 situation? I've had mild success with Pudge, but the BS that game was a noob. I've seen Dendi own him with WR, but I couldn't pull that off, at least I managed not to die lol. Mirana - I got owned, had him at 100 HP at one time, but couldn't finish him off. DK - at least I could compete in lasthitting, but he just ganked the other lanes and outfarmed me hard lategame.



As a ranged hero you need to understand how to draw aggro on Blood Seeker to keep him at a disadvantage positioning wise. Two, Blood Seeker has sustain, but he also has no way to push waves quickly, so a hero with AoE like QoP or Windrunner can push the wave every 1:50 and get runes for free since Seeker has to stay to get health back+exp. With total rune control, you are free to either get kills on the side lanes, or dominate mid with DDs, Illusions, Hastes, etc.


Being able to dominate him before level 5 is extremely important btw. You want to keep him really low, and make him think twice about coming forward to last hit a creep.


On February 17 2012 07:22 OuchyDathurts wrote:
Yeah, thats what I'm saying. Pudge lastnight mid had no idea what he was messing with. It's disgusting amounts of damage. But was that the case in DotA1 is my question. I don't recall that, but I didn't play lesh much back then. In HoN i know it was completely random no matter how many things were around him. So it never focus fired something into the dirt.


It works the same way in HoN.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 22:30:10
February 16 2012 22:28 GMT
#1599
On February 17 2012 07:24 superstartran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 07:22 OuchyDathurts wrote:
Yeah, thats what I'm saying. Pudge lastnight mid had no idea what he was messing with. It's disgusting amounts of damage. But was that the case in DotA1 is my question. I don't recall that, but I didn't play lesh much back then. In HoN i know it was completely random no matter how many things were around him. So it never focus fired something into the dirt.


It works the same way in HoN.


Oh shit, you're right. I just never noticed since the spell graphic sucks and shows all over the place unlike DotA2 where they all hit the same thing lol. Well, that's quite a nub moment.

Well, I sort of regret actively not trying to play him before recently. He's quite a lot of fun and that skill is pretty lulz if you catch someone alone.
LiquidDota Staff
Hoban
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1600 Posts
February 16 2012 23:01 GMT
#1600
Leshrac is an amazing pusher too! I like to run him when I have 3 or 4 friends. Starting at the 4min rune, push the wave at 3:50, grab rune, gank top/bottom, take tower. Repeat at next rune. It is pretty amazing. I still can't teamfight effectively with him yet. Basically, for me it is turn on edict and ult, try to stun as much as I can, lightning strike whatever I can, have BKB popped. Generally I just get focused by the carry and die or end up running around like a retarded half-deer.
"I am a leaf on the wind."
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 156
Vindicta 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10358
Artosis 573
Rain 173
Bale 14
League of Legends
Doublelift4346
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox780
Mew2King140
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor920
Other Games
summit1g8356
JimRising 723
shahzam589
Day[9].tv443
PiGStarcraft120
NeuroSwarm77
ArmadaUGS71
ViBE54
JuggernautJason40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• HerbMon 22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie772
• Scarra523
• Day9tv443
• Shiphtur193
Upcoming Events
OSC
22m
Stellar Fest
13h 22m
OSC
22h 22m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.