• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:30
CEST 08:30
KST 15:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8453 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 108

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 1254 Next
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 20:56:07
March 24 2012 20:52 GMT
#2141
On March 25 2012 04:33 DoNotDisturb wrote:
When is it fine for supports instead of the carries to get the kill early?


If you're babysitting a carry in your lane and he's getting all the creep kills, it's ok for you to get the kill, so long as u guys actually get the kill. Don't waste time debating who is going to get it, killing the opponent is more important than who gets it.

Supports need gold too, so if he's getting the farm from creeps, like I said, you can finish off the enemy hero. He still gets the experience, which is a big deal.

Side note: I know a lot of people hate me for this, but I don't care if there is a carry nearby or not, I will *almost* always take the kill as a support because I'm simply better than they are and they will run off and completely squander their gold advantage anyway. ARRGH.

Also, I know everyone thinks they are better than everyone else, but someone has to be right, and why am I always the one carrying the team regardless of what hero I have at the end? So, a little off track there, but w/e.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 20:57:31
March 24 2012 20:57 GMT
#2142
Phonetic Question of the Year:

Riki-marr-uuu

Riki-mah-ru
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 21:16:54
March 24 2012 21:16 GMT
#2143
On March 25 2012 04:33 DoNotDisturb wrote:
When is it fine for supports instead of the carries to get the kill early?

Whoever gets the kill gets the kill. Honestly, IMO, the "save hero kills for the carry" mentality is an outdated one anyway. Supports don't operate on 0 gold anymore anyway--there are extremely important items that make an enormous difference on supports that they do have to buy, and they will get some farm for them anyway. An Earthshaker getting 250 gold for a kill means 250 gold less that he has to farm to get his Blink Dagger, which is 250 gold that will go back on the carry when he farms those creeps that ES would have gotten.
Moderator
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
March 24 2012 21:42 GMT
#2144
On March 25 2012 05:57 Candadar wrote:
Phonetic Question of the Year:

Riki-marr-uuu

Riki-mah-ru


should just call him riki
High Risk Low Reward
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 24 2012 21:43 GMT
#2145
On March 25 2012 06:42 Spicy_Curry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 05:57 Candadar wrote:
Phonetic Question of the Year:

Riki-marr-uuu

Riki-mah-ru


should just call him riki


BUT I HAVE TO KNOW
mini-miya
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden78 Posts
March 24 2012 22:00 GMT
#2146
is there a mac client yet?
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
March 25 2012 00:02 GMT
#2147
So this is probably a weird question. Me and a friend were just trying to watch a replay together by syncing them up. However mine seemed to playback faster than his. We were both on 1x but mine would go 1.25x faster, I'd guess. So it went out of sync really fast. Any idea what's up with that? He mentioned there might be a setting that changes the speed of replays dynamically or something.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
March 25 2012 00:13 GMT
#2148
On March 25 2012 02:35 TheYango wrote:
Bat is an OK urn carrier. You can get it, but there are other heroes that can carry it better than you, so don't feel like it's required if you're doing well.

Only get Vanguard if you're doing poorly and need the HP immediately. BKB makes a WORLD of difference when initiating with Bat. Naturally, if you have BKB, you're not a great Pipe carrier.

In an ideal game, you will get Blink->BKB or Travels. You can get Treads to push an advantage in lane, but if you don't need it, Travels are very good for giving you a global gank presence (being able to Travels->Blink gank puts a LOT pressure on the enemy team). After that, what you buy is dependent on what your team needs. Janggo, Sheep, AC, Shiva's are all decent options.


In my game there were only 3 urn carriers, Bat, Pudge, and ES. I was going mid because the Pudge was awful and never played dota before. The ES I figured was going to play support but he ended up playing farmed support wiht a soul ring mana boots and blink dagger at like 18 minutes, and I told him to get a refresher orb since we would need it. He did, and also had an urn thrown in there somewhere. So it turns out him and i both held urns which worked out fine in the end but I figured i was the best urn carrier in that situation, mid bat.

Usually I go Boots, Treads, Dagger, Vanguard, now that I think about it I totally didn't need the vanguard and should have rushed the pipe faster
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Mythra
Profile Joined July 2011
New Zealand274 Posts
March 25 2012 00:42 GMT
#2149
On March 25 2012 05:57 Candadar wrote:
Phonetic Question of the Year:

Riki-marr-uuu

Riki-mah-ru


I'd go with Riki-mah-ru I think
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - KuroKy
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
March 25 2012 01:14 GMT
#2150
http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Riki_responses

ez pz
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
Pseudoku
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1279 Posts
March 25 2012 01:29 GMT
#2151
On March 25 2012 09:02 scottyyy wrote:
So this is probably a weird question. Me and a friend were just trying to watch a replay together by syncing them up. However mine seemed to playback faster than his. We were both on 1x but mine would go 1.25x faster, I'd guess. So it went out of sync really fast. Any idea what's up with that? He mentioned there might be a setting that changes the speed of replays dynamically or something.


There is an Autospeed option if you're in Directed mode.
Logic fails because we are lazy.
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
March 25 2012 03:30 GMT
#2152
On March 25 2012 10:29 Pseudoku wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 09:02 scottyyy wrote:
So this is probably a weird question. Me and a friend were just trying to watch a replay together by syncing them up. However mine seemed to playback faster than his. We were both on 1x but mine would go 1.25x faster, I'd guess. So it went out of sync really fast. Any idea what's up with that? He mentioned there might be a setting that changes the speed of replays dynamically or something.


There is an Autospeed option if you're in Directed mode.

We were both in free cam though.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 20:26:10
March 25 2012 20:25 GMT
#2153
Now I realize items are very situational, but when I looked over the 5-s Thread for shits and gigs I noticed on Warlock it said to get a Refresher Orb (I presume for Fatal Bonds/Ult) but when I brought this up to my friend, he said I could better spend my money elsewhere and that's a very very very lategame item. However, I can't deny how brutal it would be to have two Warlock Ults, yet I can see how me being the wardbitch and getting stuff like Mek and Janggo could be more useful.

The same question applies to other heroes who may benefit from the item.
5-s
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1674 Posts
March 25 2012 20:40 GMT
#2154
On March 26 2012 05:25 Candadar wrote:
Now I realize items are very situational, but when I looked over the 5-s Thread for shits and gigs I noticed on Warlock it said to get a Refresher Orb (I presume for Fatal Bonds/Ult) but when I brought this up to my friend, he said I could better spend my money elsewhere and that's a very very very lategame item. However, I can't deny how brutal it would be to have two Warlock Ults, yet I can see how me being the wardbitch and getting stuff like Mek and Janggo could be more useful.

The same question applies to other heroes who may benefit from the item.

My guide is more aimed at low - mid level pubs, Mek and Janggo are always good items on most support heroes (as long as you have enough mana for mek and your spells).
I liked Dota before it was Mainstream.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 25 2012 20:45 GMT
#2155
On March 26 2012 05:40 5-s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 05:25 Candadar wrote:
Now I realize items are very situational, but when I looked over the 5-s Thread for shits and gigs I noticed on Warlock it said to get a Refresher Orb (I presume for Fatal Bonds/Ult) but when I brought this up to my friend, he said I could better spend my money elsewhere and that's a very very very lategame item. However, I can't deny how brutal it would be to have two Warlock Ults, yet I can see how me being the wardbitch and getting stuff like Mek and Janggo could be more useful.

The same question applies to other heroes who may benefit from the item.

My guide is more aimed at low - mid level pubs, Mek and Janggo are always good items on most support heroes (as long as you have enough mana for mek and your spells).


I assumed such, that specific item just stood out to me when browsing over. ^^
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
March 26 2012 03:48 GMT
#2156
Does anyone know a console command to change the health bar colours of enemies?
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
March 26 2012 04:17 GMT
#2157
not sure if this is minimap colors or health bar colors, but try this
dota_enemy_color_r 0; dota_enemy_color_g 0; dota_enemy_color_b 1

default is r = 1, g = 0, b = 0, that should set it (or something at least lol) to blue
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
March 26 2012 10:44 GMT
#2158
any shortcut key to disable all sounds? couldn't find one in the customize keys screen
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
March 26 2012 14:41 GMT
#2159
On March 26 2012 13:17 Dead9 wrote:
not sure if this is minimap colors or health bar colors, but try this
dota_enemy_color_r 0; dota_enemy_color_g 0; dota_enemy_color_b 1

default is r = 1, g = 0, b = 0, that should set it (or something at least lol) to blue

That's minimap colours, but it helps a lot thanks.
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
March 26 2012 14:45 GMT
#2160
On March 26 2012 19:44 Bloodash wrote:
any shortcut key to disable all sounds? couldn't find one in the customize keys screen


I haven't found one either......I always end up pausing and disabling sound completely through the menu tabs since I have feedback issues with the microphone.
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2287
GuemChi 601
Leta 156
Bale 36
ajuk12(nOOB) 22
Noble 17
sSak 12
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
JimRising 621
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Other Games
summit1g8165
C9.Mang0261
Happy258
Sick146
ceh9120
ViBE87
Trikslyr28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick468
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• killerbeecast5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2208
League of Legends
• Lourlo1155
• Stunt457
Other Games
• Shiphtur495
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 30m
Patches Events
9h 30m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.