• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:04
CEST 11:04
KST 18:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9945 users

Rating Diablo 3 - Page 8

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 15 Next All
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
April 22 2012 04:46 GMT
#141
I don't understand all the hate for the skill system and lack of real skill trees. Do people really want to have to create new characters every time that they want to respec their characters? I sure don't.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
April 22 2012 04:49 GMT
#142
On April 22 2012 13:46 xDaunt wrote:
I don't understand all the hate for the skill system and lack of real skill trees. Do people really want to have to create new characters every time that they want to respec their characters? I sure don't.

No, people want real options to customize their character, not having every single person having the exact same skill set
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
April 22 2012 04:49 GMT
#143
/fanboy
5 STARS.

People who complain should looked at others computer games nowadays before posting. Really, Blizzard is one of a few that still take their time to make a proper game, unlike the majority of others companies that release a full game at a beta build and force you to buy DLC later on.
Terran
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
April 22 2012 04:54 GMT
#144
The only issue that I have with the game is that you cant freely rotate abilities around without a long cooldown.

For example, with a barbarian I might want my primary ability as cleave while running through the dungeon then switch to bash when a boss comes or if there is an elite mob that I want to focus down. But, I cant do that without going to the ability screen and picking bash and waiting 10 seconds or w/e.

Or as a wizard I cant switch from freezing people with the ice beam, then switch to the arcane orb.

As a witch doctor I cant snare the ground then firebat people.

If they change it so no cooldown, that alone is an improvement. If they give us more hotkeys to use so that I dont have to go to that ability screen every time I change, even better.

Everything else about the game, I like.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
April 22 2012 04:54 GMT
#145
On April 22 2012 13:49 NotSorry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 13:46 xDaunt wrote:
I don't understand all the hate for the skill system and lack of real skill trees. Do people really want to have to create new characters every time that they want to respec their characters? I sure don't.

No, people want real options to customize their character, not having every single person having the exact same skill set


That's the point. The customization is still there. The only real difference between D2 and D3 is that in D2 you have to reroll your character if you want to run a different build, whereas in D3 you just have to select six skills and 3 passives.
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
April 22 2012 05:00 GMT
#146
On April 22 2012 13:54 TheRabidDeer wrote:
The only issue that I have with the game is that you cant freely rotate abilities around without a long cooldown.

For example, with a barbarian I might want my primary ability as cleave while running through the dungeon then switch to bash when a boss comes or if there is an elite mob that I want to focus down. But, I cant do that without going to the ability screen and picking bash and waiting 10 seconds or w/e.

Or as a wizard I cant switch from freezing people with the ice beam, then switch to the arcane orb.

As a witch doctor I cant snare the ground then firebat people.

If they change it so no cooldown, that alone is an improvement. If they give us more hotkeys to use so that I dont have to go to that ability screen every time I change, even better.

Everything else about the game, I like.


You can go into options and check elective mode so you can have any combination of 6 skills that you want. It's dumb that it's not like that by default, but it is possible.
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 05:52:11
April 22 2012 05:42 GMT
#147
On April 22 2012 13:54 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 13:49 NotSorry wrote:
On April 22 2012 13:46 xDaunt wrote:
I don't understand all the hate for the skill system and lack of real skill trees. Do people really want to have to create new characters every time that they want to respec their characters? I sure don't.

No, people want real options to customize their character, not having every single person having the exact same skill set


That's the point. The customization is still there. The only real difference between D2 and D3 is that in D2 you have to reroll your character if you want to run a different build, whereas in D3 you just have to select six skills and 3 passives.


This pretty much.

If you wanted to do a Blizz sorc for example it was pretty obvious which skill you had to chose. You chose the Blizz synergy, the mastery and I dont remember what else. The difference from one blizz sorc to another was just like one had one skill at 15 while the other had it at 20.

They both play exactly the same. The fact that spell have ranks, some of the requirement for Blizzard sucked and you wouldn't use them. You ended up with a very underwhelming number of skills to use for the whole game (at least before respecs), especially not counting passives.
If someone loves that kind of customization, putting point in one skill to make it 3% better each level, PoE is great for this. The whole skill system is about small passives to unlock active skills with HUGE trees to satisfy the need for planned development.

The only real difference is that you can chose to play a Blizz sorc then instantly respec and be a Meteorb sorc. While D2 each character was very restricted (and I respect if for some it means unique), D3 characters can change without leveling again. That's pretty much all there is to it: being locked in a build (D2) or not (D3). Then, if you really want to specialize into one sort of build in D3 you have the option to gather +skill affixes for the skills you play with.

Hey maybe we are at a breaking point where some RPGs/MMORPGs will follow this idea for skills, while others will keep the old system of trees. I personally welcome this change because I like variety with a single character. I feel that I have much more choices along my playthrough, in D2 your first skills dictate the whole playthrough.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 22 2012 06:28 GMT
#148
All the people bitching about skill customization obviously didn't play Diablo 2. Every class had 2 or 3 set optimal builds. With the current diablo 3 system I can see a lot more skill combos/customization.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 06:41:25
April 22 2012 06:40 GMT
#149
On April 22 2012 15:28 zJayy962 wrote:
All the people bitching about skill customization obviously didn't play Diablo 2. Every class had 2 or 3 set optimal builds. With the current diablo 3 system I can see a lot more skill combos/customization.

again your just assuming they will all be viable, there were countless specs in D2, the issue was people used the most optimized ones after awhile, you honestly think it will be longer than 1week into D3 that everyone hasn't already figured out the most efficient combos? There will be 1-2 builds that will out class the rest and will be the used by 99% of players and because of free respecs they will lose absolutely nothing switching over to these optimized specs as they are figured out. You had more options in D2.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 07:21:17
April 22 2012 07:17 GMT
#150
On April 22 2012 15:40 NotSorry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 15:28 zJayy962 wrote:
All the people bitching about skill customization obviously didn't play Diablo 2. Every class had 2 or 3 set optimal builds. With the current diablo 3 system I can see a lot more skill combos/customization.

again your just assuming they will all be viable, there were countless specs in D2, the issue was people used the most optimized ones after awhile, you honestly think it will be longer than 1week into D3 that everyone hasn't already figured out the most efficient combos? There will be 1-2 builds that will out class the rest and will be the used by 99% of players and because of free respecs they will lose absolutely nothing switching over to these optimized specs as they are figured out. You had more options in D2.


Hmm on the other hand I feel having trees which creates requisite skills and limit the potential of selection, plus the synergy system quickly limit the choice.
Diablo 3 skills have a lot less synergy between them making them independent enough so that I'm willing to bet there won't be 1-2 build that will outclass the rest.

Also, when you don't have the option to respec, a lot of player just tend to go for optimized/common-build rather than experimental. This quickly don't make things very unique but for a few people willing to start another character just to try crazy stuff.

I'm not a fool thinking every build among the 1345151251 possibilities will be available either. Well made build, polyvalent will likely prevail. And if you think about it, for Diablo 2, you have the very strong builds like 1-2 per class and then you have the only decent ones. I have trouble imagining how D3 system would make this worse.
With no requirements, the diversity of how players play, the vast number of combinations, the diminution of correlation between selections, trying to make every skill useful, there is very low probability imo we would end up with only 3 builds.

Maybe people will copy the first level 60, and I agree it will happen since you can do it. But does it mean even them will slowly change their own set to adapt to their own feelings ? Yes I think.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
Dotq
Profile Joined March 2012
Norway235 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 07:25:21
April 22 2012 07:24 GMT
#151
On April 22 2012 13:49 NotSorry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 13:46 xDaunt wrote:
I don't understand all the hate for the skill system and lack of real skill trees. Do people really want to have to create new characters every time that they want to respec their characters? I sure don't.

No, people want real options to customize their character, not having every single person having the exact same skill set


And this system will do exactly that.

How many do you think will pick the same 6 skills, and put exactly the same runes in them?

Alot fewer then if u had a skilltree.

People complaining about not enough customization really havent researched diablo 3 enough.
Malkavian183
Profile Joined February 2011
Turkey227 Posts
April 22 2012 07:25 GMT
#152
Diablo 3 is almost everything i wanted it to be so for me it's 10/10. Definitely will buy and spend A LOT of time with it <3
Inject Bitch!
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
April 22 2012 08:18 GMT
#153
Just finished 1st run of the beta, I am satisfied. This is a 5/5 for sure, the only complain is why didn't they keep the old class name. I meant Monk, WD seems kind of cheesy name that come out of Warcraft universe.
Terran
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
April 22 2012 09:21 GMT
#154
I wanted to buy this game so bad, but after playing the beta I realized my pc can't handle it T.T;;;;;;;;;;;;

By myself I was dropping down to 6-10 fps regularly, and with my friend in game with me it was completely unplayable. Such a sad sad day for me because I was really blown away by everything I saw.
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
andy186
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1058 Posts
April 22 2012 09:25 GMT
#155
If you take just the game its really good and quite enjoyable while I don't like the fact you cant purely customise your skills and are locked into one of 4 for each button the actual game is really fun.

On the other hand we have the fact that you must be constantly connected to the internet and for me minimum of 250 ping while playing the game. the removal of old style mutliplayer that d2 had with pure co-op and the fact that when people complained about it requiring online the response was this isnt the game for you.

even with all that i have collectors edition pre ordered and will play this game a lot still its dissapointing to see how blizzard has changed
znag
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany32 Posts
April 22 2012 12:42 GMT
#156
On April 22 2012 18:25 andy186 wrote:
If you take just the game its really good and quite enjoyable while I don't like the fact you cant purely customise your skills and are locked into one of 4 for each button the actual game is really fun.

On the other hand we have the fact that you must be constantly connected to the internet and for me minimum of 250 ping while playing the game. the removal of old style mutliplayer that d2 had with pure co-op and the fact that when people complained about it requiring online the response was this isnt the game for you.

even with all that i have collectors edition pre ordered and will play this game a lot still its dissapointing to see how blizzard has changed


Activate "Elective Mode", you are not locked into one of four for each button.
PrideNeverDie
Profile Joined November 2010
United States319 Posts
April 22 2012 12:45 GMT
#157
On April 22 2012 13:49 Caphe wrote:
/fanboy
5 STARS.

People who complain should looked at others computer games nowadays before posting. Really, Blizzard is one of a few that still take their time to make a proper game, unlike the majority of others companies that release a full game at a beta build and force you to buy DLC later on.


pvp won't be ready at release
If you want it bad enough you will find a way; If you don't, you will find an excuse
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
April 22 2012 12:48 GMT
#158
On April 22 2012 21:45 PrideNeverDie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 13:49 Caphe wrote:
/fanboy
5 STARS.

People who complain should looked at others computer games nowadays before posting. Really, Blizzard is one of a few that still take their time to make a proper game, unlike the majority of others companies that release a full game at a beta build and force you to buy DLC later on.


pvp won't be ready at release


It's actually on the disk but we are going to have to pay to unlock it...


JK JK it's free
"En taro adun, Executor."
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
April 22 2012 13:05 GMT
#159
Im just wondering why elective and advanced tooltips weren't on by default. I still have Barbarian and Demon Hunter to cap, will probably play WD or Monk at release partially depending on what my friends are going to roll.
cuppatea
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom1401 Posts
April 22 2012 13:50 GMT
#160
After playing through it a few times I'm massively underwhelmed.

The first act is easy to the point of being boring. It's like an optional tutorial stage stretched out over 2 hours, where nothing feels even remotely challenging or, as a result, interesting.

The interface is horrendous, which, after also playing SC2, makes me think Blizzard are assigning 1 random intern to design their games' interface while a team of hundreds work on the core gameplay. In particular the skill system smacks of Blizzard treating their customers like idiots by dumbing things down to the extreme and fixing something that was never broken to begin with (kind of like the custom game system in SC2).

The game also seems a lot less dark and gritty than it's predecessor and the story reminded me a more of SC2's, which was fucking atrocious and less of D2/SC1/WC3, which were all good. I'm picturing cheesy Michael Bay-esque speeches and painfully unfunny comic relief but I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.

There are also minor gripes like putting a leather hood on my Barbarian and having it look like a helmet; putting a sword on my Monk and having him punch shit; endless streams of useless shit being dropped due to an excessively high drop rate etc.

After playing the beta for a few hours I'd probably rate it around 3/5 and say that I'm now unsure whether I'll buy the game or not when previously it was looking like a definite purchase.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 4643
Horang2 394
Hyuk 357
BeSt 133
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 73
Shinee 67
Killer 65
ggaemo 57
sorry 54
[ Show more ]
Snow 52
Bonyth 37
Bale 35
JYJ 12
League of Legends
JimRising 543
Other Games
gofns10087
summit1g9089
singsing1262
Mew2King82
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2392
League of Legends
• Lourlo1429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
56m
INu's Battles
2h 56m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 56m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 56m
Replay Cast
13h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.