• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:16
CEST 09:16
KST 16:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

Rating Diablo 3 - Page 10

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 15 Next All
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
April 22 2012 19:30 GMT
#181
4 for sure... its too "casual" of a game to be a 5, they dumbed it down to much.

but it still looks pretty great, hopefully blizz doesnt stop with their legacy of amazing games (besides wow expansions)
PraefektMotus
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany129 Posts
April 22 2012 19:32 GMT
#182
On April 19 2012 03:42 zJayy962 wrote:
On the other hand, being a huge fan of LoD, this game just doesn't give me the same satisfaction. How would you rate the game right now as it stands since this is the product (expecting no major changes) we will be getting for release?

I myself would rank it a 3. Now if someone asked me this question when Diablo 2 was about to launch, it would've been an easy 5 for how excited I was. Maybe I'm just no longer in middle school? What are your opinions


The middle school argument is true. If you were 14 now like you were back with D2, you would absolutely love this game. It's fluid, it has lots of monster killing, finding and picking up items is absolutely addictive for salvaging and crafting and the presentation is top notch. I too miss the RPG elements, few that they were, but on its own Diablo 3 is a blast to play and offers a great amount of enjoyable playtime for its cost.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
April 22 2012 19:39 GMT
#183
On April 23 2012 04:32 PraefektMotus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 03:42 zJayy962 wrote:
On the other hand, being a huge fan of LoD, this game just doesn't give me the same satisfaction. How would you rate the game right now as it stands since this is the product (expecting no major changes) we will be getting for release?

I myself would rank it a 3. Now if someone asked me this question when Diablo 2 was about to launch, it would've been an easy 5 for how excited I was. Maybe I'm just no longer in middle school? What are your opinions


The middle school argument is true. If you were 14 now like you were back with D2, you would absolutely love this game. It's fluid, it has lots of monster killing, finding and picking up items is absolutely addictive for salvaging and crafting and the presentation is top notch. I too miss the RPG elements, few that they were, but on its own Diablo 3 is a blast to play and offers a great amount of enjoyable playtime for its cost.


This is exactly how it works in my experience.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
graan
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany589 Posts
April 22 2012 19:43 GMT
#184
I'm super excited, diablo2 was my fav. game of all time.

I wasn't disappointed at all after finaly playing the beta, loved the graphics - i read that it wasnt dark enough to be diablo, totaly wrong, atmosphere got me in the first minutes and felt the need to farm better gear/crafting..

I'm not 100% sure about the skill system at the moment.. but when i think back to diablo2 i leveld like 10 sorcs to have everything perfect, now i level one wizard and have all the speccs.. im not sure how i think about that, but to be honest, in diablo2 u didnt realy 'level' ur chars, maybee first 20-30 lvls then it was carrying and join/leave baal/cow runs until 90/99, given the fact that i'm now 12 years older i think the new system might fit me realy well.. but like i try to write - im not sure have to see in the long run

Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
April 22 2012 19:55 GMT
#185
What about the option of.. 'already bought because you are a Diablo fan.' ?
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 22 2012 19:59 GMT
#186
On April 23 2012 04:55 Raithed wrote:
What about the option of.. 'already bought because you are a Diablo fan.' ?


I think thats true for most people here. Forgot that option but probably could fit you into the 5 star category ^^.
1hpBuiltForLove
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada89 Posts
April 22 2012 20:36 GMT
#187
This is only a rating of the beta. I was annoyed with the wipes that happened and erased all my heroes after three consecutive patches, i therefore stopped playing the beta as the experience was ruined. I was wanting to enjoy the new game + option, though never got that far.

I cannot wait to play the full version. Until then, how can I rate it?

P.S. - Moderator, this thread is absurd. It should be retitled, "how would you rate the diablo 3 beta!". Please edit, for the need of clarification.
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 23:07:13
April 22 2012 23:04 GMT
#188
On April 23 2012 04:26 1Eris1 wrote:
So far, maybe a 3.5. Graphics are nice (but then again I still find d2 graphics to be good), new style of dungeons is really cool, classes seem alright...

I'm just really unsure about the whole new rune/skill/whatever its called now system. I know we've only played a little with it so it might get better but man, the way they did it in d2 was great, why make such huge changes?


Because the skill system in D2 was dumb and bloated. Level 10 of the same class just to play with builds? No thanks. Get to end game to find you messed up by not stacking vit? No thanks.

I thought the beta was pretty cool. The melee classes definately feel very visceral and had a nice feel to them. Wiz was decent and I liked how it seems like the Demon Hunter has a nice amount of skills to aid mobility along with bringing the pain.

The resource system is also much more interesting as are the environment seen so far. Loving the account wide stash, gold and crafting.

Downsides are I don't quite dig all the spell effects, but its just as aesthetic thing.
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
April 22 2012 23:20 GMT
#189
On April 23 2012 08:04 MoonfireSpam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 04:26 1Eris1 wrote:
So far, maybe a 3.5. Graphics are nice (but then again I still find d2 graphics to be good), new style of dungeons is really cool, classes seem alright...

I'm just really unsure about the whole new rune/skill/whatever its called now system. I know we've only played a little with it so it might get better but man, the way they did it in d2 was great, why make such huge changes?


Because the skill system in D2 was dumb and bloated. Level 10 of the same class just to play with builds? No thanks. Get to end game to find you messed up by not stacking vit? No thanks.

I thought the beta was pretty cool. The melee classes definately feel very visceral and had a nice feel to them. Wiz was decent and I liked how it seems like the Demon Hunter has a nice amount of skills to aid mobility along with bringing the pain.

The resource system is also much more interesting as are the environment seen so far. Loving the account wide stash, gold and crafting.

Downsides are I don't quite dig all the spell effects, but its just as aesthetic thing.


You can have a similar skill system but allow respecs...you know, kind of like how it is in D2 right now?
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
April 22 2012 23:22 GMT
#190
I genuinely wasn't particularly interested in D3 before this weekend. Playing it this weekend though has changed my mind. I really enjoyed it and will definitely be picking it up. Stupid Blizzard!
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
April 22 2012 23:49 GMT
#191
On April 23 2012 08:20 Chewbacca. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 08:04 MoonfireSpam wrote:
On April 23 2012 04:26 1Eris1 wrote:
So far, maybe a 3.5. Graphics are nice (but then again I still find d2 graphics to be good), new style of dungeons is really cool, classes seem alright...

I'm just really unsure about the whole new rune/skill/whatever its called now system. I know we've only played a little with it so it might get better but man, the way they did it in d2 was great, why make such huge changes?


Because the skill system in D2 was dumb and bloated. Level 10 of the same class just to play with builds? No thanks. Get to end game to find you messed up by not stacking vit? No thanks.

I thought the beta was pretty cool. The melee classes definately feel very visceral and had a nice feel to them. Wiz was decent and I liked how it seems like the Demon Hunter has a nice amount of skills to aid mobility along with bringing the pain.

The resource system is also much more interesting as are the environment seen so far. Loving the account wide stash, gold and crafting.

Downsides are I don't quite dig all the spell effects, but its just as aesthetic thing.


You can have a similar skill system but allow respecs...you know, kind of like how it is in D2 right now?

You can still have the same in D3. I noticed that just with the barbarian, there are people using different secondary skills. Some prefer the hammer hit thing, I preferred the rending one for example. So you will still have some variety, just not the same way as D2. This is with the very limited skillset that we have at up to level 13 too. Just imagine with all of the skills and runes unlocked at level 60. You should still see quite a bit of variety.
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
April 23 2012 00:01 GMT
#192
On April 23 2012 08:20 Chewbacca. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 08:04 MoonfireSpam wrote:
On April 23 2012 04:26 1Eris1 wrote:
So far, maybe a 3.5. Graphics are nice (but then again I still find d2 graphics to be good), new style of dungeons is really cool, classes seem alright...

I'm just really unsure about the whole new rune/skill/whatever its called now system. I know we've only played a little with it so it might get better but man, the way they did it in d2 was great, why make such huge changes?


Because the skill system in D2 was dumb and bloated. Level 10 of the same class just to play with builds? No thanks. Get to end game to find you messed up by not stacking vit? No thanks.

I thought the beta was pretty cool. The melee classes definately feel very visceral and had a nice feel to them. Wiz was decent and I liked how it seems like the Demon Hunter has a nice amount of skills to aid mobility along with bringing the pain.

The resource system is also much more interesting as are the environment seen so far. Loving the account wide stash, gold and crafting.

Downsides are I don't quite dig all the spell effects, but its just as aesthetic thing.


You can have a similar skill system but allow respecs...you know, kind of like how it is in D2 right now?


Or instead of synergies (which were really wasted skill points) and spending 20 points making a skill useable (also wasted skill points) you can make skills scale with level and gear and instead force variety by limiting the number of chosen skills to 6. Which is more than the number of active skills I remember using from D2 for the most part.
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 00:18:31
April 23 2012 00:18 GMT
#193
On April 23 2012 09:01 MoonfireSpam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 08:20 Chewbacca. wrote:
On April 23 2012 08:04 MoonfireSpam wrote:
On April 23 2012 04:26 1Eris1 wrote:
So far, maybe a 3.5. Graphics are nice (but then again I still find d2 graphics to be good), new style of dungeons is really cool, classes seem alright...

I'm just really unsure about the whole new rune/skill/whatever its called now system. I know we've only played a little with it so it might get better but man, the way they did it in d2 was great, why make such huge changes?


Because the skill system in D2 was dumb and bloated. Level 10 of the same class just to play with builds? No thanks. Get to end game to find you messed up by not stacking vit? No thanks.

I thought the beta was pretty cool. The melee classes definately feel very visceral and had a nice feel to them. Wiz was decent and I liked how it seems like the Demon Hunter has a nice amount of skills to aid mobility along with bringing the pain.

The resource system is also much more interesting as are the environment seen so far. Loving the account wide stash, gold and crafting.

Downsides are I don't quite dig all the spell effects, but its just as aesthetic thing.


You can have a similar skill system but allow respecs...you know, kind of like how it is in D2 right now?


Or instead of synergies (which were really wasted skill points) and spending 20 points making a skill useable (also wasted skill points) you can make skills scale with level and gear and instead force variety by limiting the number of chosen skills to 6. Which is more than the number of active skills I remember using from D2 for the most part.


I wasn't arguing that the D3 system is better or worse, just the only reasons that you gave for not liking the D2 system aren't even like that anymore in D2.
kaliax
Profile Joined June 2009
United States48 Posts
April 23 2012 03:56 GMT
#194
Anyone who thinks the game is too easy should watch their response, it actually makes a lot of sense:



Upon my initial play-through I would have rated it a 3/5 at best, but then I read a lot of their explanations behind the customizations and I kind of have to agree that D2 stat and skill system essentially came down to just a few 'mathematically' correct builds (i.e. fire synergy sorc with max number of fire runes), which although I loved building, wasn't completely necessary for me to enjoy the game. Anyways, the issues with the game that I currently have I believe can be solved through patches and maybe an expansion, so I'll give it a 4/5, with higher potential down the road depending on how much they listen to the community on the smaller issues.
In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea. - Douglas Adams
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
April 23 2012 03:59 GMT
#195
I don't see why people don't like Diablo 3 because it's too dumbed down compared to D2/1. Diablo 1 and 2 weren't complex games to begin with, they just took the roguelikes and made it accessible.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 04:34:54
April 23 2012 04:34 GMT
#196
Main reasons why I think people dont like D3 from the beta:
Very limited ability set with the option of picking every active skill being disabled by default
Tooltips being basic as default

When I could actually see what the abilities were doing with the full tooltip and being able to have any ability on one of the 4 keys, it was a lot better. And I imagine the full unlocked 6 abilities will be better still.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 23 2012 04:35 GMT
#197
If polls like this existed when D2 came out, I wonder what peoples' opinion would have been after playing Act 1 up to the Smith.
Moderator
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
April 23 2012 05:02 GMT
#198
I gave it a 5...I don't think its a perfect game but its what I was expecting and had tons of fun with the short beta. Will definetly get it and play the shit out of it. The only complain I have is that they might've simplified customization a bit too much but its difficult to say based on just 13 levels so its not really much to complain about. The game definetly has the same feel as D2...people talking about difficulty and gameplay are really talking out of their ass and I seriously doubt how much Diablo they've actually played. The gameplay, map layout and flow of the game is very much in the Diablo spirit...if those are your main complaints then this just isn't the game for you period. About difficulty, judging difficulty of a game from playing like 5% of the content through normal mode is pretty much the most retarted thing I've ever seen. Diablo 2 normal was a joke too, the game didn't get hard until the higher difficulties -_-.
Daymor
Profile Joined September 2011
New Zealand151 Posts
April 23 2012 05:46 GMT
#199
This has been THE game I have been waiting for for a long time.

After playing the beta on the weekend, I am so amped. I think they have done a real good job, the whole game (well beta at least) just seems to work. I like almost all the changes that they have introduce from runes, skills, removal of stats, skills etc. In fact I can't think of something I don't like at the moment. But there is probably something right?

Organised 1 week of annual leave for the week after release, scheduled all my appointments etc to happen before release. Now I just need to wait.
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
April 23 2012 08:52 GMT
#200
On April 23 2012 04:30 PhiliBiRD wrote:
4 for sure... its too "casual" of a game to be a 5, they dumbed it down to much.

It's something I hear a lot and I understand where it's coming from. But I feel that there is a whole lot of emmergent gameplay that has not been discovered yet near the high end levels. Basically WoW doesn't really start before you're max level either. Or so I'm told.

They said they put a lot of the complexity and skill in the control and the playing and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Putting a caltrops down vaulting back and ripping with Rapid Fire did feel quite nice. Same with soul harvesting for max, putting a Grasp of Death down and ripping with firebats...
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 882
ggaemo 427
Stork 319
Leta 206
PianO 103
Larva 52
Hyuk 32
ZergMaN 29
yabsab 23
Bale 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Reynor88
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Westballz33
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor780
Other Games
summit1g10149
C9.Mang0256
Sick171
PiGStarcraft132
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1221
• Stunt525
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 44m
Online Event
3h 44m
FEL
8h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.