• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:26
CEST 19:26
KST 02:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9280 users

Rating Diablo 3

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 18 2012 18:42 GMT
#1
Now this is probably for people who have:
1. Played the beta or
2. Has watched a lot of youtube videos and have a good idea of how the game will play.

Now I've played the beta for about a total of ~3 hours. Except for some huge hitbox issues that a recent patch has fixed, the game looks like it will be the 'next big hit' in its genre. On the other hand, being a huge fan of LoD, this game just doesn't give me the same satisfaction. How would you rate the game right now as it stands since this is the product (expecting no major changes) we will be getting for release?

I myself would rank it a 3. Now if someone asked me this question when Diablo 2 was about to launch, it would've been an easy 5 for how excited I was. Maybe I'm just no longer in middle school? What are your opinions

Poll: How do you rate Diablo 3?

5 Stars - Will buy (Game looks/is great and will probably take up a lot of my time) (522)
 
57%

4 Stars - Will buy(Game looks/is very fun but needs small tweaks with patches) (160)
 
17%

3 Stars- Will buy (Game needs improvements that can come with Patches) (101)
 
11%

2 Stars - Will not buy (Game needs major improvements i.e Battle.net 0.2) (87)
 
9%

1 Star - Will not buy (Probably means the genre is not for you) (51)
 
6%

921 total votes

Your vote: How do you rate Diablo 3?

(Vote): 1 Star - Will not buy (Probably means the genre is not for you)
(Vote): 2 Stars - Will not buy (Game needs major improvements i.e Battle.net 0.2)
(Vote): 3 Stars- Will buy (Game needs improvements that can come with Patches)
(Vote): 4 Stars - Will buy(Game looks/is very fun but needs small tweaks with patches)
(Vote): 5 Stars - Will buy (Game looks/is great and will probably take up a lot of my time)


konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 18:53:10
April 18 2012 18:52 GMT
#2
just whole overall gameplay doesn't really suit my taste, but for the sake of diablo and its plot, i'm buying it, much like sc2 :<

rated a 3
POGGERS
MstrSplntr
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada43 Posts
April 18 2012 19:08 GMT
#3
I'm really excited and I know it will take a lot of my time.
Haters will be haters: Try playing 1.00 vanilla D2 and compare it with 1.10+ and up LoD... you just played 5% of a beta build, ffs.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
April 18 2012 19:09 GMT
#4
9/10 would bang

That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
April 18 2012 19:38 GMT
#5
4.5 stars, would be 5 with more content(more skills, rune options, PvP at launch, not 0.2, but the game is SO DAMN FUN).
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
Krowser
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada788 Posts
April 18 2012 20:29 GMT
#6
Taking a week off from work to set up the most epic LAN.

I'll make a thread with pics once everything is done.
D3 and Pho, the way to go. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=340709
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
April 18 2012 20:52 GMT
#7
Wait, did you say the hitbox mesh issue has been fixed? I guess I need to login to have a look, that was annoying me to all hell.
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Incze
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Romania2058 Posts
April 18 2012 21:04 GMT
#8
Give me runes back and I'll give it 5/5, till then 3/5 should be enough
Religion: Buckethead
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
April 18 2012 21:11 GMT
#9
On April 19 2012 05:29 Krowser wrote:
Taking a week off from work to set up the most epic LAN.

I'll make a thread with pics once everything is done.


I'd do this if LAN actually meant something. But as the game is now, LAN means nothing.
Meatloaf
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Spain664 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 21:57:09
April 18 2012 21:24 GMT
#10
i like diablo series , and hack & slash games to play with friends so ill get it.

BNET could be better and theyre surely not reinventing the wheel with D3 , some nice additions here and there but hack & slash its what it is.

im MUCH more excited for gw2 , but doesnt matter ill play both and keep up with sc2 in the process , hope my friends dont forget me while im not there with them doing wathever they do xDDD
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
April 18 2012 23:30 GMT
#11
3 stars. i'll buy it only because it is diablo but blizzard should know that they are quickly pissing on the franchise in my mind.
The Show of a Lifetime
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
April 18 2012 23:36 GMT
#12
Mix of 3 and 5 ...
Carapas
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada242 Posts
April 19 2012 00:02 GMT
#13
On April 19 2012 08:30 Terranist wrote:
3 stars. i'll buy it only because it is diablo but blizzard should know that they are quickly pissing on the franchise in my mind.

5/5, because the developement team seems to understand the meaning of what hardcore gamers want. If what they are saying is true, the game might be fucking hard, and IMO that's what gaming is all about. I have not played sc2 for 1 year and a half because the game is amazing (I think there is some really obvious gameplay flaws and interface flaws), thus I had a fucking blast, I will never forget the joy I had when I achieve master(starting from silver), I will never forget my first match versus a pro.

I hope that d3 will gives me that passion that I lost, I hope to feel like a fucking boss upon killing the last boss on inferno, I hope to scream like a madman when I drop some super rare loot. At last, the teamplay in D3 might also be a great aspect that sc2 lacked.

TL;DR If the game is as hard as I think, it should be enjoyable.
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
April 19 2012 01:29 GMT
#14
5/5. There are a few small tweaks they could make to make the game a bit less clunky. But not enough to make my lower my rating to 4/5.

Best example I can think of is the screen where you choose your skills. I would much prefer to have the 6 skill slots on the left and to be able to see all the available skills (As a list or even buttons with mouseover text) on the right and drag them to they skill tabs. I really feel that being limited to only seeing 4 skills at a time and tabbing between the types of skills limits my ability to see the class as a whole for no real gain. They could still keep all the spells grouped with little subheadings like 'defensive' etc if they want. I just don't want to have to tab between them all to read them. Especially when some classes (ie monk) even have 2 separate tabs of skills which generate energy.
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
Mascherano
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Argentina1726 Posts
April 19 2012 01:40 GMT
#15
3 Stars. No pvp on launch? What joke.
Bisu
Rad
Profile Joined May 2010
United States935 Posts
April 19 2012 02:44 GMT
#16
On April 19 2012 10:40 Mascherano wrote:
3 Stars. No pvp on launch? What joke.


What would make you happier, if they release without PvP or wait to release until they consider it ready?

5 stars for me. The only game I can think of that might pull me away from it is Guild Wars 2. I'm looking forward to playing either of them while watching sc2 :D
ChuCky.Ca
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada2497 Posts
April 19 2012 03:04 GMT
#17
im getting rdy to set up a 4 person 4 day lan at my house with my buddies on may 15 gonna be sick cant wait 5 all the way
Most Skilled Current esport Games Scbw>Sc2>Cs1.6>Dota2>Hon>Loopin Louie The Drinking Game>LoL
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
April 19 2012 03:48 GMT
#18
4 Stars.

Game looks very good but I have a few things I'd like to be fixed/improved through patches (like the no pvp)

If they manage to give a great PvP before Q4 and the game doesn't disappoint, 5 stars.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
April 19 2012 04:28 GMT
#19
Having not played it but pre-orderded, I'm a little disappointed in recent announcments but I'll reserve judgement until it's out and properly patched.
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
April 19 2012 06:34 GMT
#20
I've not played the beta, but D2 is my favourite game of all time, and I'd be blasphemous not to blindly assume that D3 will be of similar quality, so I have to rate it 5/5 just by my own hopes and dreams
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 208
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 582
IndyStarCraft 208
BRAT_OK 55
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26213
Shuttle 955
Mini 426
Hyuk 286
firebathero 190
ggaemo 97
Liquid`Ret 59
Mong 44
Hyun 39
Killer 34
[ Show more ]
PianO 28
ToSsGirL 25
Rock 23
zelot 13
Bale 9
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9665
qojqva1716
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1318
crisheroes1150
Liquid`Hasu642
Other Games
Grubby2159
FrodaN1986
fl0m1289
Beastyqt707
Mlord468
Liquid`VortiX199
Livibee179
KnowMe144
ArmadaUGS128
Mew2King65
Trikslyr44
ToD39
CosmosSc2 15
Chillindude4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick890
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• printf 40
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 14
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8403
Other Games
• imaqtpie463
• Shiphtur302
• WagamamaTV254
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 34m
INu's Battles
18h 34m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.