• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8576 users

Rating Diablo 3 - Page 6

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
SkyTheUnknown
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Germany2065 Posts
April 21 2012 13:16 GMT
#101
I have rather fixed feeling after playing the game for about 5-6 hours. The graphics are decent, not top notch but very atmospheric. Also it is awesome that I can run the game on a pretty old laptop and with a high resolution with no problems.
What I am really missing is the possibility to individualize your character. All skills are 'forced' on you and you can't assign stats for your hero individually. I can't imagine that individualizing your character with weapons and runes will be able to give me the same entertainment. So sadly my character feels quite 'generic' to me. Pure individualisation by items only won't satisfy me.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown - H.P. Lovecraft
mucker
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1120 Posts
April 21 2012 14:35 GMT
#102
It truly feels like they made a great diablo game and then deliberately sucked out as much replayability as possible.
It's supposed to be automatic but actually you have to press this button.
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
April 21 2012 15:05 GMT
#103
The game is way too easy, I tried hardcore expecting it to be a little harder but its the exact same.
dD3s
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany130 Posts
April 21 2012 15:05 GMT
#104
I give 5 stars. The beta is really enjoyable overall besides few things.
It's too easy, games nowadays are way way too easy. The graphics are very climatic and stuff but textures and models are not good, it looks like from 2009. Last thing, armors and weapons look bad also, there are too few of them and they barely differs.
I know Sacred and its sequel were not so awesome but Blizzard should honestly learn from them how armors and weapons should be done.
Jesus was raptor _||_ "So here is an idea, this map is stupid as fuck(...)" - Destiny
Romitelli
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Brunei Darussalam566 Posts
April 21 2012 15:12 GMT
#105
My overall feeling is "meh".

D3 feels and plays like a generic, washed down MMO. Sad to say, but hardcore pc gaming is slowly dying.
Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead.
StarVconvoY
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States28 Posts
April 21 2012 15:26 GMT
#106
It's tough to gauge from the beta but I voted 3 stars. I've tried most of the classes and just don't see anything NEW being done to the action RPG. I've been a long time fan of the Diablo series since D1. (I even played hellfire, which was hilarious and awesome.) What made it good then was that no-one else could come close to even copying it. The games were visceral and exploratory. Then there was Dungeon Siege and other knock offs. It feels now that D3 is trying to emulate what made the first two Diablo games good. I don't think with story alone you can make up for a dull or bland game. It could be like going to a famed restaurant and getting presentation and prestige but no taste, sensation, or satisfaction out of it.
I'm worried that my friends are going to buy into this game hard, and I am going to be shaking my head thinking, yea, this would have been cool 5 years ago. It feels like I've been waiting for a good action fantasy RPG and there hasn't been anything promising until now. I just don't want to be disappointed again.
Many many moons ago I was a diamond Protoss
BBQSAC
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia89 Posts
April 21 2012 15:30 GMT
#107
On April 19 2012 06:11 zJayy962 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 05:29 Krowser wrote:
Taking a week off from work to set up the most epic LAN.

I'll make a thread with pics once everything is done.


I'd do this if LAN actually meant something. But as the game is now, LAN means nothing.


I have taken the week off as well. Lan does mean something in this sense, it means a bunch of mates and an esky full of beer instead of skype I know what you mean though.
Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem.
sushiman
Profile Joined September 2003
Sweden2691 Posts
April 21 2012 17:16 GMT
#108
From what I've played so far, the game is fun, but I hate the skill system. Feels like almost every class will be exactly the same, which removes the incentive to replay the game and try out new combinations, something which made D2 a lot of fun and added to the replay value. As it is now, I would probably only make 1-2 runs through the game since I wouldn't be able to customize my character enough, which is very low considering how many times I ran through D2 on all difficulties.
Combat is a bit annoying as well, can't switch between skills the same way as in D2 making the combat segments more repetive than they should be.

Might buy it since there's few other games I play right now, but so far it's not more than 3/5 from me.
1000 at least.
PeachWaldo
Profile Joined July 2010
11 Posts
April 21 2012 17:22 GMT
#109
I tested all the classes and played through the beta with barbarian and to be honest, the game lacks the overall feel that made me love diablo 2 so much. Some might say the game is good, but it just doesn't appeal to me at a level that I would actually consider buying it.
Dranak
Profile Joined July 2011
United States464 Posts
April 21 2012 17:59 GMT
#110
On April 22 2012 00:05 Masq wrote:
The game is way too easy, I tried hardcore expecting it to be a little harder but its the exact same.


You played the first two hours of the first act, on normal difficulty. It's not intended to be difficult at all. Go play D2 on normal up until Blood Raven, the difficulty is about the same.
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
April 21 2012 18:11 GMT
#111
On April 22 2012 00:05 Masq wrote:
The game is way too easy, I tried hardcore expecting it to be a little harder but its the exact same.


Wait till you're trying to kill diablo in inferno before you judge the difficulty.
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
April 21 2012 21:36 GMT
#112
On April 22 2012 00:05 dD3s wrote:
I give 5 stars. The beta is really enjoyable overall besides few things.
It's too easy, games nowadays are way way too easy. The graphics are very climatic and stuff but textures and models are not good, it looks like from 2009. Last thing, armors and weapons look bad also, there are too few of them and they barely differs.
I know Sacred and its sequel were not so awesome but Blizzard should honestly learn from them how armors and weapons should be done.


We do not have all the items yet. From what Blizzard mentioned, there will be more items in Diablo III than with Diablo II, including the runes. So you will get your item fix, that is for sure. Will just have to wait till the actual release though.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
April 21 2012 22:22 GMT
#113
It's a very good game, but not great from what little I have played at least. Was it worth the 12 years it took to make it? No. Will it be worth 60 dollars more than Path of Exile, or other action RPG games out there? I don't think so. I'm thinking I will buy it eventually, when I have a good gaming comp, but for now and the near future i will be perfectly content with other games out there.
theorybiscuit
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada117 Posts
April 21 2012 22:29 GMT
#114
voted 4 stars, I think they're releasing a product not normally to standard (bnet still lacking, no pvp at launch, etc), but it's Diablo, and I love the storyline and the dark character of the franchise. Hopefully it's challenging enough and not watered down.
An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. ~Jef Mallett
VirtuallyJesse
Profile Joined February 2011
United States398 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 23:11:05
April 21 2012 23:08 GMT
#115
I really wasn't planning on buying it until after PvP had been added, but seeing as how Blizzard game price drops are few and far between, it really doesn't matter when I buy so I went ahead and purchased it. Playing in the Open Beta, it looked and felt exactly like all the footage I've previously watched. Not impressed really, was very bored and easy, I really just hope the PvP is fun. Hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment because PvP is all I'm looking forward to.

☆☆☆
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 23:16:30
April 21 2012 23:12 GMT
#116
Game will certainly be worth it solely for the story, art, and music. Its really hard to judge the gameplay; d2 gets a lot more involved as you progress and I'm sure d3 will be no exception. It seems really simple/boring so far. A lot of my opinion will be based on how fun and balanced pvp ends up being. Will just running around beating people up/fighting in the arena be something you can do without a severe handicap once you're near max level? Or will doing a whole bunch of boss runs and collecting items/trading still be a big part of the game for people who just want to pvp? If it's the latter, I probably won't play it as much. I mean I'll definitely play through it once and probably do a little bit on the higher difficulties, but it won't have a lot of lasting value for me.

rated 4.0/5 but would rate 4.5 if it were an option. Just from the demo it carries the same feel, atmosphere, visuals, and style that made diablo 2 a really special experience. I'm really looking forward to dimming the lights, putting on the 5.1, and playing through the campaign on normal for the first time by myself without any of the social aspects.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
sirkyan
Profile Joined July 2010
211 Posts
April 21 2012 23:25 GMT
#117
I said I wasn't very interested in the beta, and then it became open. So I played it, and my conclusion was that it wasn't spectacular. The fact that you upgrade your blacksmith (don't know if there was any other stand you could, I didn't really explore the town, I wanted to get a feel for the combat, even if it's really low level, and then the server turned shit on me) was very cool. I feel like it's a good idea, I don't know how useful it will be though. However, I feel the way it's implemented makes it really dull. It's just like dumed down profession leveling in any mmo out there. And this isn't supposed to be an mmo, is it?

Anyway the combat felt rather good, I think. I enjoyed it a lot. I felt it lacked any real punch, but I don't know if that's just now and will get better at higher levels or if that's just my character, I played a witch doctor. The hits felt really seemless, though. Like, the firebat-thingy (aoe-breath) was really.. I didn't notice barely any effect on the actual enemies, beside the numbers popping up.

Also, the fact that everyone get every spell everytime you play a character is awful. AWFUL. The diablo genre is, to me, all about making choices that will severely limit you in other areas. Albeit, in diablo 2 some builds was and are just amazingly good in every aspect, but the point is that you can't have it all. Granted, you can't have it ALL here either, but every spell, as far as I can tell. The runes are what seperate you from other players? I don't even need to create another witch doctor. Ever. I don't know, it feels like bullshit. That's the biggest problem I got with it. I want to have to make a couple of the same class in order to fully experience it. I don't have A LOT of free time so it would take me quite some time to get all the characters sorted but I feel that would be more satisfying than having a copy of everyone else's character. I mean, the runes even got blatantly better as you leveled up. I don't know, perhaps I've missed something.

So far; not impressed.
[Crimson]Bason
Profile Joined October 2008
China161 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 23:47:23
April 21 2012 23:44 GMT
#118
On April 22 2012 08:25 sirkyan wrote:
I said I wasn't very interested in the beta, and then it became open. So I played it, and my conclusion was that it wasn't spectacular. The fact that you upgrade your blacksmith (don't know if there was any other stand you could, I didn't really explore the town, I wanted to get a feel for the combat, even if it's really low level, and then the server turned shit on me) was very cool. I feel like it's a good idea, I don't know how useful it will be though. However, I feel the way it's implemented makes it really dull. It's just like dumed down profession leveling in any mmo out there. And this isn't supposed to be an mmo, is it?

Anyway the combat felt rather good, I think. I enjoyed it a lot. I felt it lacked any real punch, but I don't know if that's just now and will get better at higher levels or if that's just my character, I played a witch doctor. The hits felt really seemless, though. Like, the firebat-thingy (aoe-breath) was really.. I didn't notice barely any effect on the actual enemies, beside the numbers popping up.

Also, the fact that everyone get every spell everytime you play a character is awful. AWFUL. The diablo genre is, to me, all about making choices that will severely limit you in other areas. Albeit, in diablo 2 some builds was and are just amazingly good in every aspect, but the point is that you can't have it all. Granted, you can't have it ALL here either, but every spell, as far as I can tell. The runes are what seperate you from other players? I don't even need to create another witch doctor. Ever. I don't know, it feels like bullshit. That's the biggest problem I got with it. I want to have to make a couple of the same class in order to fully experience it. I don't have A LOT of free time so it would take me quite some time to get all the characters sorted but I feel that would be more satisfying than having a copy of everyone else's character. I mean, the runes even got blatantly better as you leveled up. I don't know, perhaps I've missed something.

So far; not impressed.


my thoughts exactly.... before in D2 certain builds work in certain areas for certain bosses... now in D3... i used this set up in this area... then change set up (1 min) now i can farm effectly in another area.... everyone will have one character for each class and thats it... everyone will be the same... end of story no need to find that magical build or your own unique one... or replay the game.

dont get me started on the new rune system... 6 runes that unlock with levels... some of those runes dont even add anything special to a skill and most rune effects are reused on lots of different skills.... they got lazy with the rune system and went with the easy way out. some runes for skills are just place holders it seems because they couldnt think of 6 unique or special effect for all the skills.
GodZo
Profile Joined November 2011
Italy224 Posts
April 22 2012 00:29 GMT
#119
26% intelligent people

User was temp banned for this post.
프로토스, Yellow, GdZ
NEOtheONE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2233 Posts
April 22 2012 01:31 GMT
#120
On April 21 2012 11:09 Senx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 11:02 rezoacken wrote:
On April 21 2012 10:58 Senx wrote:
It was pretty akward, considering the balance it kinda ruined the experience for me, not being in danger of dying once or using my own health potions throughout the beta was just silly and lame to be honest. In diablo 2 even blood raven was difficult at times because of how gimp your char was at fighting mass mobs and a kiting amazon.

I understand its beta, but one of the purposes of beta is to get the balance right.. so yeah, why not do it now?


They think the balance is right.

I agree the beginning of D2 even if really easy was still a bit harder but I understand why it's like this. Really in terms of content its a demo, like a rts giving you only the first missions that's why its easy.
I know I have no idea if the challenge will be there but I'm faithful.

On the other hand if you fear too much for the difficulty why not not buying the game at release, wait one or 2 days and hear the comments of players that will have reach nightmare/hell ?


That worries me alot.

I was also kinda dissapointed at the lack of choice, no individually chosen stat gains, no abilities to choose from.
It was like "hey here's a new ability we forcefully unlocked for you, just click here, have fun!".
The feeling of choice was almost non existant :/(

Which led me to feel like I didn't gave a shit about my own char, which is the opposite of d2 :I


I respectfully disagree. Sure the stat gains are automated, but you can buy or craft gear that boosts the other stats. I actually like what they did with abilities. You can swap out abilities based on preference or based on what enemies you are fighting. It gives you the freedom to play around with all the abilities rather than being stuck with a certain skill path for the rest of the game.
Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft266
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft706
PiGStarcraft266
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 346
Stork 200
Leta 112
ggaemo 107
PianO 72
Hyuk 30
Bale 16
yabsab 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm198
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox762
Westballz51
Mew2King9
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor626
Other Games
summit1g7753
Coldzera 820
C9.Mang0296
Sick130
RuFF_SC2129
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS37
Liquid`Ken10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• Letter148
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2175
League of Legends
• Lourlo1336
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 47m
Online Event
5h 47m
FEL
10h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.