• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:31
CEST 05:31
KST 12:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8763 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 25

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 54 Next
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
May 13 2011 11:08 GMT
#481
On May 11 2011 15:19 Belha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 14:57 FragKrag wrote:
On May 11 2011 07:27 apm66 wrote:
On May 11 2011 07:24 echO [W] wrote:
On May 11 2011 03:48 ShooTouts wrote:
so is the general consensus that blacks aren't great for SC2 ?

No, its all up the user and their tastes. There are a lot of progamers who use black keys, of note include iNcontroL, IdrA, and I believe White-Ra. There are more that I'm probably forgetting at the moment.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

or who's sponsoring you...

pretty much this

Yep, EG is sponsored by Steelseries (aka 6gv2, 6g, 7g, all black switches); White Ra by Thermaltake, aka Meka G1, blacks too.

Well... If I were a pro gamer I would love to have steelseries as a sponsor as I love their 6Gv2 keyboards
Laeon
Profile Joined May 2011
France53 Posts
May 15 2011 21:51 GMT
#482
Hi, I have a Steelserie 6G. It works fine but I have to push too heavy on keys. And if I have to hurry to do any quick action, sometimes it doesn't work. I though I pushed the key but actually it is not the case (for instance to make a group of units). It is very embarassing. I don't blame my keyboard (6G is very good anyway). It is mostly because of me. However i do need a keyboard with lighter keys. I suppose it would fit better with my style.

Which keyboard would you advice to change from a steelserie 6G, a keyboard which needs just little pushes ? Thanks you.

Bambipwnsu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada698 Posts
May 15 2011 21:59 GMT
#483
On May 16 2011 06:51 Laeon wrote:
Hi, I have a Steelserie 6G. It works fine but I have to push too heavy on keys. And if I have to hurry to do any quick action, sometimes it doesn't work. I though I pushed the key but actually it is not the case (for instance to make a group of units). It is very embarassing. I don't blame my keyboard (6G is very good anyway). It is mostly because of me. However i do need a keyboard with lighter keys. I suppose it would fit better with my style.

Which keyboard would you advice to change from a steelserie 6G, a keyboard which needs just little pushes ? Thanks you.



I think this has to do with switches. The black switches are fairly hard to press down on, and might not suit everyone especially in RTS. I suggest you look into a keyboard with either red, blue or brown switches.
LoL @ NA: bambipwnsu
Laeon
Profile Joined May 2011
France53 Posts
May 15 2011 22:09 GMT
#484
On May 16 2011 06:59 Bambipwnsu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2011 06:51 Laeon wrote:
Hi, I have a Steelserie 6G. It works fine but I have to push too heavy on keys. And if I have to hurry to do any quick action, sometimes it doesn't work. I though I pushed the key but actually it is not the case (for instance to make a group of units). It is very embarassing. I don't blame my keyboard (6G is very good anyway). It is mostly because of me. However i do need a keyboard with lighter keys. I suppose it would fit better with my style.

Which keyboard would you advice to change from a steelserie 6G, a keyboard which needs just little pushes ? Thanks you.



I think this has to do with switches. The black switches are fairly hard to press down on, and might not suit everyone especially in RTS. I suggest you look into a keyboard with either red, blue or brown switches.


Thanks you for your answer. I did not know about keyboard switches. Red, blue and brown switches are "smoother" keys than Steelseries 6G black switches ?

My budget is about 40-45€. Do you have any idea of keyboards which would suite me better than 6G for this prize ?
Clicker
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1012 Posts
May 15 2011 22:23 GMT
#485
On May 16 2011 07:09 Laeon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2011 06:59 Bambipwnsu wrote:
On May 16 2011 06:51 Laeon wrote:
Hi, I have a Steelserie 6G. It works fine but I have to push too heavy on keys. And if I have to hurry to do any quick action, sometimes it doesn't work. I though I pushed the key but actually it is not the case (for instance to make a group of units). It is very embarassing. I don't blame my keyboard (6G is very good anyway). It is mostly because of me. However i do need a keyboard with lighter keys. I suppose it would fit better with my style.

Which keyboard would you advice to change from a steelserie 6G, a keyboard which needs just little pushes ? Thanks you.



I think this has to do with switches. The black switches are fairly hard to press down on, and might not suit everyone especially in RTS. I suggest you look into a keyboard with either red, blue or brown switches.


Thanks you for your answer. I did not know about keyboard switches. Red, blue and brown switches are "smoother" keys than Steelseries 6G black switches ?

My budget is about 40-45€. Do you have any idea of keyboards which would suite me better than 6G for this prize ?

The Razer Blackwidow is about in your price range, may need a little more though for shipping depending on where you order it from. It uses cherry blues. (My personal favorite for SC).
blackone
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1314 Posts
May 15 2011 22:33 GMT
#486
On May 16 2011 07:09 Laeon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2011 06:59 Bambipwnsu wrote:
On May 16 2011 06:51 Laeon wrote:
Hi, I have a Steelserie 6G. It works fine but I have to push too heavy on keys. And if I have to hurry to do any quick action, sometimes it doesn't work. I though I pushed the key but actually it is not the case (for instance to make a group of units). It is very embarassing. I don't blame my keyboard (6G is very good anyway). It is mostly because of me. However i do need a keyboard with lighter keys. I suppose it would fit better with my style.

Which keyboard would you advice to change from a steelserie 6G, a keyboard which needs just little pushes ? Thanks you.



I think this has to do with switches. The black switches are fairly hard to press down on, and might not suit everyone especially in RTS. I suggest you look into a keyboard with either red, blue or brown switches.


Thanks you for your answer. I did not know about keyboard switches. Red, blue and brown switches are "smoother" keys than Steelseries 6G black switches ?

My budget is about 40-45€. Do you have any idea of keyboards which would suite me better than 6G for this prize ?

The Razer Blackwidow and the 6Gv2 are both at about 80€, and I don't know of any mechanical keyboards that are cheaper, so you might have to spend a little more.
Laeon
Profile Joined May 2011
France53 Posts
May 15 2011 22:54 GMT
#487
So the less expensive with brown or blue switches ^^ ?
Bambipwnsu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada698 Posts
May 15 2011 23:00 GMT
#488
at that price I suggest you look into a DT35 or find yourself one of those really old mechanical ibm keyboards with the buckling springs
LoL @ NA: bambipwnsu
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-15 23:18:18
May 15 2011 23:17 GMT
#489
On May 16 2011 07:54 Laeon wrote:
So the less expensive with brown or blue switches ^^ ?


Blues less expensive because of black widow, but here,

XArmor U9 Brown Cherry

Razer Black Widow is cheapest blue around

Mechanical keyboards do not sell for 40-45 as they use metal springs not shitty Rubber Domes.
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
May 16 2011 00:43 GMT
#490
You're not going to find even a decent mechanical keyboard in that price range. Blue switches are LOUD, so make sure you don't mind the loud clicks and that the people around you won't complain. Browns or reds are probably the best bets if you don't like the high activation force of blacks, but reds are expensive. Personally, though, the 6Gv2 is a good keyboard and I don't prefer it much less than my browns.
Minzy
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia387 Posts
May 16 2011 01:50 GMT
#491
On May 16 2011 09:43 djcube wrote:
You're not going to find even a decent mechanical keyboard in that price range. Blue switches are LOUD, so make sure you don't mind the loud clicks and that the people around you won't complain. Browns or reds are probably the best bets if you don't like the high activation force of blacks, but reds are expensive. Personally, though, the 6Gv2 is a good keyboard and I don't prefer it much less than my browns.


if you live in australia.

http://www.mechkeyboards.com/9000.html

reds are the same price as blue/black/brown.
Huh...
L1oN
Profile Joined May 2010
France5 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-16 14:59:08
May 16 2011 14:58 GMT
#492
I read carefully informations about switches. I think brown is fine for me.

What do you think about this one ?

http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=750
snigor
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway129 Posts
May 16 2011 15:08 GMT
#493
On May 16 2011 23:58 L1oN wrote:
I read carefully informations about switches. I think brown is fine for me.

What do you think about this one ?

http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=750


Brown switches are really great to type and game on, IMO.

I have one of these;
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=796

It the same keyboard, only blue w/US-laybout. The build quality and general feel of the keyboard is over the top, you will not be dissapointed! That board should last last you about a lifetime, as long as you treat her nice.
L1oN
Profile Joined May 2010
France5 Posts
May 16 2011 15:25 GMT
#494
On May 17 2011 00:08 snigor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2011 23:58 L1oN wrote:
I read carefully informations about switches. I think brown is fine for me.

What do you think about this one ?

http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=750


Brown switches are really great to type and game on, IMO.

I have one of these;
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=796

It the same keyboard, only blue w/US-laybout. The build quality and general feel of the keyboard is over the top, you will not be dissapointed! That board should last last you about a lifetime, as long as you treat her nice.


Nice ! Brown switches will suit better to me than black switches. Is the difference large between both switches ? Brown are largely much smoother than Black ?

I have a last question : Filco keyboard do not have a support for your hand. Isn't it a little unconfortable when you play ?
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
May 16 2011 15:28 GMT
#495
If you want to go all out with the luxury, there actually is Filco leather palm rest to support your hand: http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=635
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Incursus
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States415 Posts
May 16 2011 23:10 GMT
#496
Just got the 6Gv2 and I gotta say I love it a lot so far. Give it a few days and we'll see how I really feel about it heh. But overall I like it a lot. Not as easy to type on as my Black Widow, but I feel that with time I won't be that affected by the toughness of the Cherry Black keys.
Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice...appears under your feet.
goodfella
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany23 Posts
May 17 2011 08:05 GMT
#497
Has someone ever compared the BlackWidow (not ultimate) with the DasKeyboard with Blues? Wonder if its wort to pay ~40€ more for the Das? Would appreciater if anyone could help me here.
shaNk
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada124 Posts
May 17 2011 10:50 GMT
#498
On May 17 2011 17:05 goodfella wrote:
Has someone ever compared the BlackWidow (not ultimate) with the DasKeyboard with Blues? Wonder if its wort to pay ~40€ more for the Das? Would appreciater if anyone could help me here.

i heard blues are not very good for fast repetition on the same key
NrGshaNk op nrg)
lisward
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Singapore959 Posts
May 17 2011 10:58 GMT
#499
On May 17 2011 19:50 shaNk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2011 17:05 goodfella wrote:
Has someone ever compared the BlackWidow (not ultimate) with the DasKeyboard with Blues? Wonder if its wort to pay ~40€ more for the Das? Would appreciater if anyone could help me here.

i heard blues are not very good for fast repetition on the same key

Blues are exactly the same as Browns except for the sound. SlayersBoxer uses blue keys.
Opinions are like phasers -- everybody ought to have one
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
May 17 2011 11:03 GMT
#500
On May 17 2011 19:50 shaNk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2011 17:05 goodfella wrote:
Has someone ever compared the BlackWidow (not ultimate) with the DasKeyboard with Blues? Wonder if its wort to pay ~40€ more for the Das? Would appreciater if anyone could help me here.

i heard blues are not very good for fast repetition on the same key


This is not an answer to his question as both the Razer and Das do not differ in that regard because they both use blue switches.

There are those 120 wpm typists which perhaps translates into 600 apm or so? If they can use blue switches, they cannot be that bad. I myself never had problems with my keyboard that uses blue switches, but I am not fast. The best personal example I have is, I did not have problems with that weird double-tap movement in Unreal Tournament.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 210
Nina 129
SpeCial 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13163
Rain 2002
Dewaltoss 52
NaDa 31
Bale 29
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
Counter-Strike
taco 650
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1490
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1294
WinterStarcraft601
Other Games
summit1g8542
Doublelift2588
JimRising 658
PiGStarcraft341
ArmadaUGS200
C9.Mang0197
Maynarde142
ViBE95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick853
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 83
• practicex 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki189
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo883
• Stunt170
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 29m
OSC
9h 29m
Stellar Fest
9h 29m
OSC
20h 29m
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.