• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:59
CEST 03:59
KST 10:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)23Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9311 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 23

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 54 Next
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
May 09 2011 22:46 GMT
#441
Just remember to give time to your 6Gv2 if you havent tried black keys yet, they WILL be heavy and "hard" to press but give it a week or two and you will love it.
Incursus
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States415 Posts
May 09 2011 23:52 GMT
#442
Will do! I look forward to using that thing once I purchase it!

I confess that the cherry blues I am using are on the Razer Black Widow, so perhaps that could be my reasoning for not liking the blues. Either way, it seems that Blacks are what I am looking for. I do want the more solid keys as it were. Worst comes to worst, I sell the 6Gv2 and buy the Filco. I got plans for this sort of thing it would seem!
Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice...appears under your feet.
Ssoulle
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom149 Posts
May 10 2011 00:10 GMT
#443
I have a limited edition blue Filco keyboard with Cherry blues and it works a treat. I have a friend with a Black Widow Ultimate and he praises that keyboard aswell. I highly rec Filco if anyone has the bank to afford one.
O.o
Barca
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States418 Posts
May 10 2011 00:40 GMT
#444
Filco....

FILCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- I hate threads that end with "Thoughts?" -
Malikari
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada45 Posts
May 10 2011 01:03 GMT
#445
Hey guys, a question about Cherry blues...
I want a mechanical keyboard for next year, but I'm going to be living with others in an apartment.
Would the clicks be loud for people on the other side of my door? It's hard to gauge how loud they are based on Youtube vids
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Wonderballs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada253 Posts
May 10 2011 01:08 GMT
#446
On May 10 2011 10:03 Malikari wrote:
Hey guys, a question about Cherry blues...
I want a mechanical keyboard for next year, but I'm going to be living with others in an apartment.
Would the clicks be loud for people on the other side of my door? It's hard to gauge how loud they are based on Youtube vids


I've got browns and they can get pretty loud. People on Skype complain.... But that is not an answer to EXACTLY what you are asking.... If I try to keep it down and not fully depress the keys it's tolerable though.

I'm going to assume that the blues are about as loud as the bottom-out of the browns, except twice as frequent if you also hit the bottom.
I thought Jesus would come back before Starcraft 2.
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
May 10 2011 01:10 GMT
#447
On May 10 2011 10:03 Malikari wrote:
Hey guys, a question about Cherry blues...
I want a mechanical keyboard for next year, but I'm going to be living with others in an apartment.
Would the clicks be loud for people on the other side of my door? It's hard to gauge how loud they are based on Youtube vids

Depends on the person, but my blues are quite loud, and the door to my room definetely does not remove the sound. I would recommend browns. They are just like blues just without the sound.
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
Filter
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada620 Posts
May 10 2011 01:10 GMT
#448
Blues are way more loud that browns, but both click way, way more than a rubber dome keyboard would if you bottom them out like i do.
Live hard, live free.
Seide
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States831 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 01:11:46
May 10 2011 01:11 GMT
#449
On May 10 2011 10:03 Malikari wrote:
Hey guys, a question about Cherry blues...
I want a mechanical keyboard for next year, but I'm going to be living with others in an apartment.
Would the clicks be loud for people on the other side of my door? It's hard to gauge how loud they are based on Youtube vids

Maybe if they are standing right outside your door. Otherwise i don't think so, unless you use very heavy keystrokes.I have a majestouch with blues and I love it.
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.
Malikari
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada45 Posts
May 10 2011 01:11 GMT
#450
@ Wonderbells, Phayze

Thanks guys, I was leaning towards browns and now I'm sold =D
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Minzy
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia387 Posts
May 10 2011 04:13 GMT
#451
has anyone tried the red switches? if so, are they any good/what to they feel like in comparison to the blue/brown/black.
Huh...
bebe01
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)512 Posts
May 10 2011 04:23 GMT
#452
rosewill rk-9000.. filco blue at a cheap price..
onymous
Profile Joined November 2010
United States67 Posts
May 10 2011 04:29 GMT
#453
For what it's worth, I have an adesso with cherry blues at home and they are loud as fuck and I don't really like them much. Meanwhile I have a das keyboard model s professional silent with brown switches and it is awesome and I love it. They're not even in the same league volume-wise. Both are better than membrane keyboards though obviously.
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
May 10 2011 04:52 GMT
#454
On May 10 2011 10:10 Phayze wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 10:03 Malikari wrote:
Hey guys, a question about Cherry blues...
I want a mechanical keyboard for next year, but I'm going to be living with others in an apartment.
Would the clicks be loud for people on the other side of my door? It's hard to gauge how loud they are based on Youtube vids

Depends on the person, but my blues are quite loud, and the door to my room definetely does not remove the sound. I would recommend browns. They are just like blues just without the sound.


It's still pretty loud if you're constantly bottoming out the keys (ie during gaming)
ryan1894
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia264 Posts
May 10 2011 09:46 GMT
#455
What I've essentially researched is:

You live with people who care about noise: Brown. If not: Blue.
You are someone who cares about noise: Brown. If not: Blue.

You can afford $200+: Realforce
You can afford $100+: Filco
You can afford <$100: Ducky/Leopold

Filco vs Celeritas:
Filco is minimalistic (aesthetic)
Filco has keys that go shiny due to wear in a month (aesthetic)
Filco has keys that do not fade generally (aesthetic)
Filco does not have any bonus function apart from being a keyboard (function)
Filco does not have a large front bezel (aesthetic/ergonomics)
Filco comes in Blue, Brown, Red, Black, Clear switches
Filco comes in Majestouch Tenkeyless, Non-Tenkeyless, Ninja, Non-Ninja, Majestouch 2, Majestouch 1

Filco vs Das Keyboard:
Das has a different font etc. (aesthetic)
Das has bonus features i.e. USB2.0 ports etc. (function)
Das comes in Brown and Blue switches
Das has keys that do have printed keycaps, and black keycaps
Das has 3 variants to Filco's many variants.

Filco vs Ducky/Leopold:
Ducky has more shaky Quality Control
Ducky has a detachable USB cord (maintainability)
Ducky has a different font face (aesthetic)
Leopold has all of these.
Leopold has an Otaku version, with blank keycaps
Both Leopold and Filco are sold at EliteKeyboards
Ducky has had some problems with their special OCN edition keyboard

TLDR:
Filco if you can afford it.
If not, you may run into problems with quality control.
Rei_Rice
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany91 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 18:35:46
May 10 2011 18:34 GMT
#456
I'm still waiting for my Filco German Edition but I'm thinking about to cancel that order and get a Zowie Celeritas.

Waiting or buying a Zowie? :-/
http://www.ricegamers.com
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
May 10 2011 18:48 GMT
#457
so is the general consensus that blacks aren't great for SC2 ?
iBsYOu
Profile Joined March 2011
6 Posts
May 10 2011 19:33 GMT
#458
I have a black widow and it's great, only thing that annoys me are the macro keys on the side since i'm used to have the control + shift keys at the edge of the keyboard. I guess it'll take some getting used to.
Qwix
Profile Joined October 2010
531 Posts
May 10 2011 19:44 GMT
#459
On May 01 2011 15:51 Qwix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 05:51 Qwix wrote:
Decided i'd like to buy a mechanical keyboard myself (currently using a UltraX). After holding down certain factors I nailed my decision down to 1 keyboard, the Filco Majestouch with Brown switches. However my ownly question thus far is where does peoples preference lay here with the 104 or tenkeyless version. The tenkeyless would give me more mousespace and for the games i'm currently playing the numpad is not used at all. However it is a part of keyboard i'm used to having, and it "looks" more natural in my opinion.

Would like some advice and some personal storys of people that have been in the same stage of picking what to do. I've read the previous comments and other websites about this same issue, wassen't really convinced yet tho' and mostly it diden't really relate towards my own state.

Thanks in advance!

To relate back to my previous post, i've ordered a Filco Majestouch NKR Tactile Tenkeyless USA keyboard, should arrive at the end of next week if i'm lucky, looking forward to it

Arrived today as a redelivery (the first attempt according to the track and trace was on saturday 05:34 A.M... diden't really took that in count). Loving it thus far, don't get where people have to get used to tho'.. worked out flawless for me from the start. Might report back later after I got some more experience but I can definatly recommend it to people thus far, got the Tenkeyless with Browns btw.
NPHarris
Profile Joined May 2011
91 Posts
May 10 2011 19:50 GMT
#460
On May 11 2011 03:34 Rei_Rice wrote:
I'm still waiting for my Filco German Edition but I'm thinking about to cancel that order and get a Zowie Celeritas.

Waiting or buying a Zowie? :-/


Just get a Das Keyboard instead.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
Nina 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13293
Rain 2209
Artosis 601
Dewaltoss 29
NaDa 22
Dota 2
monkeys_forever645
NeuroSwarm157
League of Legends
Doublelift4812
Counter-Strike
taco 567
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1640
ArmadaUGS355
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1232
WinterStarcraft500
Other Games
summit1g8836
Day[9].tv737
JimRising 620
C9.Mang0200
PiGStarcraft200
Maynarde161
ViBE145
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick854
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv737
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 1m
OSC
11h 1m
Stellar Fest
11h 1m
OSC
22h 1m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.