• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:22
CEST 15:22
KST 22:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9786 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 21

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 54 Next
Qwix
Profile Joined October 2010
531 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-01 06:51:58
May 01 2011 06:51 GMT
#401
On April 26 2011 05:51 Qwix wrote:
Decided i'd like to buy a mechanical keyboard myself (currently using a UltraX). After holding down certain factors I nailed my decision down to 1 keyboard, the Filco Majestouch with Brown switches. However my ownly question thus far is where does peoples preference lay here with the 104 or tenkeyless version. The tenkeyless would give me more mousespace and for the games i'm currently playing the numpad is not used at all. However it is a part of keyboard i'm used to having, and it "looks" more natural in my opinion.

Would like some advice and some personal storys of people that have been in the same stage of picking what to do. I've read the previous comments and other websites about this same issue, wassen't really convinced yet tho' and mostly it diden't really relate towards my own state.

Thanks in advance!

To relate back to my previous post, i've ordered a Filco Majestouch NKR Tactile Tenkeyless USA keyboard, should arrive at the end of next week if i'm lucky, looking forward to it
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
May 01 2011 06:58 GMT
#402
On April 26 2011 12:07 Thurokiir wrote:
Avoid Scorpius m10, I know it's the one used by JD but holy shit this thing has caused nothing but problems w/ shitty~Cheap solder points.


Jaedong uses the M10? OMG
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
iLLusive
Profile Joined March 2010
United States274 Posts
May 01 2011 07:18 GMT
#403
Tried to figure this out on my own using google translate but for life of me couldn't get the "Buy" or pricing information to show up in english. Anyone kind enough to tell me how much in USD this board cost and confirm they only make one with browns and no red switches? Thank you in advance http://skyok.co.kr/product.php?code=741
The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
QuackPocketDuck
Profile Joined January 2011
410 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-01 07:54:15
May 01 2011 07:52 GMT
#404
Sigh, what's with all the people recommending the black widow?
"recommend whatever I own"

1 - had to pause my first game and pop out all the silly macro keys which are included in the price
2 - Light cheap key caps
3 - Shifts, space, enter, backspace dont even get pushed down evenly if not pushed straight in the middle which I found extremely annoying as my left shift was not registering at times because the key was tilting to the left rather than being pushed down

4 - F1-F4 keys slightly shifted? wtf is that for?
5 - The issue with NKRO which Jinro described.

Dont know whats good about this keyboard for sc2 really, can see your keys in the dark! but thats probably another feature that will die within 3 months.

I would even prefer the lycosa with its laptop keyboard keys over the black widow - mechanical wannabe.

Keyboards to get:

Filco
Leopold
SS 6Gv2
TT Meka G1
_b
I bought a pack of cigarettes for $20, What have you done for your country today?
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
May 01 2011 08:09 GMT
#405
I own a leopold tenkeyless with brown switches. If I lived in the states I would have bought a Filco majestouch tenkeyless with brown switches. The Filco was not able to be delivered to Canada so I had to settle with the Leopold. The ONLY 2 differences between the two are that the filco is worth 20 bucks more, but the Leopold has "mushy" shift/enter/backspace keys where as the Filco doesnt. So if you have to choose between the Leopold and the Filco, spend the extra 20 bucks on the Filco for a truly perfect board.
kirdie
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany221 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-01 09:25:57
May 01 2011 09:25 GMT
#406
I use a cherry MX 3000LQCDE-2 and it's great. Ofc if you want to have american layout it has another character sequence but it's important to look for the characters (LQC i think) which represent the switch type. I think it costs around 60€ so not that expensive compared to the other ones.
TaphrWesley
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands64 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-02 14:45:34
May 02 2011 14:44 GMT
#407
A little while ago I wanted to make the switch from generic 5 dollar keyboards to a 'real' one. After a little research I went with a DasKeyboard.

It's regular black keyboard, no extra buttons, no crap. Exactly what I wanted out of a mechanical keyboard. This thing types like a dream and looks so nice, glossy ftw! They're relatively expansive, but more than worth it (IMHO) if you type/game a lot!

I read that these things can last like 10 years, but we'll see about that
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
May 02 2011 15:17 GMT
#408
On May 01 2011 18:25 kirdie wrote:
I use a cherry MX 3000LQCDE-2 and it's great. Ofc if you want to have american layout it has another character sequence but it's important to look for the characters (LQC i think) which represent the switch type. I think it costs around 60€ so not that expensive compared to the other ones.


They are not really sold in the US, only Europe and China/Taiwan/Japan.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
May 02 2011 15:44 GMT
#409
I just purchased an XArmor U9 with Cherry MX Brown for less than $80:
http://ergogeek.com/xarmor-u9-cherry-mx-brown-mechanical-keyboard.html

At this price point, it might be hit the sweet-spot for best for bang-for-the-buck. I'll do a review and compare it against my Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Brown NKRO when it gets here.
n.Die_Jaedong <3
seansye
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1722 Posts
May 02 2011 23:07 GMT
#410
Does any1 know when Elitekeyboards.com will restock on the blue switch Leopolds. God, I don't know why I didn't pull the trigger.

I will master Speshul Taktics.!
Troopi
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark383 Posts
May 03 2011 00:28 GMT
#411
switched from a g15 to a 6gv2 today and well Im impressed. Haven`t expected such a big difference. Now I have to get used to the compact key layout but my first impression is pretty good =)

And damn this thing is heavy °.°
wOOt
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia121 Posts
May 03 2011 02:15 GMT
#412
Switched from Razer Lycosa to Das Ultimate S.

Greatest Keyboard ever used.
"Don't gg to fags" - Destiny
seansye
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1722 Posts
May 03 2011 02:22 GMT
#413
Wow just saw the link by asdfTT123 and those Xarmor keyboards are cheap! Now i'm contemplating on whether to get the Xarmor Blue Switch or wait on a Leopold Blue to restock. I also prefer a full size keyboard instead of those 10keyless ones.

I've heard a lot of good things about Leopold, but not the Xarmor.Anyone have a good review on the quality of the Xarmor ones?
I will master Speshul Taktics.!
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 02:33:52
May 03 2011 02:32 GMT
#414
On May 03 2011 11:22 SEANSYE wrote:
Wow just saw the link by asdfTT123 and those Xarmor keyboards are cheap! Now i'm contemplating on whether to get the Xarmor Blue Switch or wait on a Leopold Blue to restock. I also prefer a full size keyboard instead of those 10keyless ones.

I've heard a lot of good things about Leopold, but not the Xarmor.Anyone have a good review on the quality of the Xarmor ones?

I'd go to geekhack.org for keyboard reviews...they get mad crazy about keyboards there, they really know their stuff.
you're probably also going to get a lot more info on some of the less popular keyboards like the xarmor there...here everyone either buys the SS or BW because they're cheap, or the Filco or Leopold because of elitekeyboards/cheapness and it's "what the pros use".
Passo
Profile Joined September 2010
United States26 Posts
May 03 2011 14:46 GMT
#415
On April 28 2011 05:01 Clicker wrote:
Just picked up a Das Ultimate model s (cherry blues).
God, so amazing. This is my first mechanical keyboard, I've only gotten to try out a friends cherry browns very briefly.

I was pretty set on browns for a while, but I'm glad I got the blues now.

I'd recommend this keyboard to anyone, it's sooo good. Seriously, I'm looking for stuff to type up because it feels THAT good.

My sentiments as well, writing papers hasn't been as terrible as of late.
Dark.Pyro
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada94 Posts
May 03 2011 15:08 GMT
#416
I just got the steelseries 7g (upgraded from the logitech illuminated)

That thing is a BEAST (heavy as heck first of all but that doesn't matter much)

It's very nicely made, doesn't feel cheap, and is very responsive, love it for typing and gaming

few problems:
-backspace key is small (fixed by using it for more than 1 day, easy)
-the angle is different than other keyboards (fixed by using the armrest which is amazing - however basically it's weird to use without the armrest)
-no dedicated media keys, gotta use the function+F keys up top (not as nice as the illuminated's dedicated keys on the top right)

Overall though, it's very solid and for gaming and overall use I'd give it a 9.5/10.
I Live for Aiur
ProgenySC
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden8 Posts
May 03 2011 18:39 GMT
#417
I've got a Steelseries G6V2 and I'm very happy with it. I'm not a keyboard expert and haven't tried too many keyboards but this one feels very nice
staples2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States216 Posts
May 03 2011 19:13 GMT
#418
just ordered a blackwidow ultimate today. I am just casual player but i needed a good keyboard and i really like the lighted keyboard and usb, mic, and headphone jacks for my setup
Air Force Mission: Kill people and break their shit
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
May 03 2011 19:41 GMT
#419
Someone using 6Gv2 without handrest should pop that spacebar out and flip it 180" and mount again, makes ergonomics 500% better.
snatcch
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States133 Posts
May 03 2011 20:44 GMT
#420
On May 01 2011 16:52 QuackPocketDuck wrote:
Sigh, what's with all the people recommending the black widow?
"recommend whatever I own"

1 - had to pause my first game and pop out all the silly macro keys which are included in the price
2 - Light cheap key caps
3 - Shifts, space, enter, backspace dont even get pushed down evenly if not pushed straight in the middle which I found extremely annoying as my left shift was not registering at times because the key was tilting to the left rather than being pushed down

4 - F1-F4 keys slightly shifted? wtf is that for?
5 - The issue with NKRO which Jinro described.

Dont know whats good about this keyboard for sc2 really, can see your keys in the dark! but thats probably another feature that will die within 3 months.

I would even prefer the lycosa with its laptop keyboard keys over the black widow - mechanical wannabe.

Keyboards to get:

Filco
Leopold
SS 6Gv2
TT Meka G1
_b


I like where your head is at
http://www.twitter.com/ericfbrinkley
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 334
SteadfastSC163
ComeBackTV 146
Rex110
CosmosSc2 36
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 163
ProTech130
Rex 110
CosmosSc2 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52765
Hyuk 1585
firebathero 1211
Jaedong 1021
Soma 469
EffOrt 433
Horang2 428
Mini 389
Soulkey 387
BeSt 329
[ Show more ]
Last 320
actioN 307
Stork 288
Zeus 263
Light 247
Larva 236
ggaemo 206
Rush 187
910 154
Snow 151
ZerO 106
Killer 84
Pusan 69
Mind 58
Shine 53
hero 48
Creator 48
Free 40
Sharp 35
Shinee 34
Bale 24
JYJ 23
ToSsGirL 20
sorry 18
HiyA 16
Terrorterran 15
Noble 15
yabsab 14
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc9866
Dendi781
Counter-Strike
markeloff128
edward21
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1731
crisheroes1534
Other Games
gofns43352
singsing2085
olofmeister1347
B2W.Neo895
hiko448
byalli328
XBOCT292
Pyrionflax259
DeMusliM220
Liquid`VortiX84
ArmadaUGS66
Mew2King64
QueenE37
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1802
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH360
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1535
• Nemesis646
• TFBlade143
Other Games
• WagamamaTV194
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
20h 38m
OSC
23h 38m
Stellar Fest
23h 38m
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 23h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.