• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:19
CEST 05:19
KST 12:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6886 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 19

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 54 Next
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 05:19:41
April 21 2011 05:19 GMT
#361
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.

Razer BW has a bit of a problem with 1a2a3a sometimes not being properly recognized because of poor nkrollover (ie 1a2a3a will leave you with 1a23a, thus group 2 doing nothing), at least in my experience. Im still using it right now tho, because other than that I like it.

It does feel very good to play on it.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Owarida
Profile Joined April 2010
United States333 Posts
April 21 2011 05:39 GMT
#362
I got a Filco Majestouch with Brown switches and blue tint. Love it...

First night I got it I almost decided to cuddle with it and call it after...
RtS-Schism
Profile Joined August 2010
United States25 Posts
April 21 2011 17:05 GMT
#363
I got a Filco Majestouch tenkeyless with blue switches and it's sick. I'll probably always buy one moving forward if i need a keyboard.
Bishnu Ghost
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
34 Posts
April 21 2011 18:45 GMT
#364
Been using the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate for about a month now and can't imagine going back to a non-mechanical. Took about a week to adjust. I recommend it but can't compare to other mech keyboards. The lighting feature is not critical but nice if you play in the dark late at night.
alphafuzard
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1610 Posts
April 21 2011 19:39 GMT
#365
On April 21 2011 14:39 Owarida wrote:
I got a Filco Majestouch with Brown switches and blue tint. Love it...

First night I got it I almost decided to cuddle with it and call it after...

Where did you buy this? I think I might buy this keyboard
more weight
Automata
Profile Joined March 2011
393 Posts
April 21 2011 20:25 GMT
#366
Finally bought the Razer BW (non ultimate version). Best 70$ I spent so far. Like others said, I can't imagine myself going back to membrane keyboards after this. Every touch feels very comfortable to type. Highly recommend it!
RonNation
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States385 Posts
April 21 2011 20:38 GMT
#367
loved my razer bw until I spilled beer all over it and it stopped working.
lvlashimaro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States91 Posts
April 25 2011 18:49 GMT
#368
Just pulled the trigger on a Leopold with Cherry MX Browns. I got the one without the letters on the keys jsut because it looks so much cleaner.... and I might be switching my keyboard layout to Colemak sometime soon. However, does anyone know where I can get some textless keycaps for WASD and Esc? Or can I get the Das ones? Will the fit correctly on a leopold?
작은 두손을 모은 내 기도는 하나 뿐이야 돌아와
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 20:34:44
April 25 2011 20:33 GMT
#369
I have Steelseries 6Gv2, first week with it was pretty weird but now Im deeply in love lol. What an awsome solid keyboard, amazing touch and sound when typing. Never gonna change <3

And now when I try to use "normal" non-mech keuboard... arghh they feel just cheap and horrible
Qwix
Profile Joined October 2010
531 Posts
April 25 2011 20:51 GMT
#370
Decided i'd like to buy a mechanical keyboard myself (currently using a UltraX). After holding down certain factors I nailed my decision down to 1 keyboard, the Filco Majestouch with Brown switches. However my ownly question thus far is where does peoples preference lay here with the 104 or tenkeyless version. The tenkeyless would give me more mousespace and for the games i'm currently playing the numpad is not used at all. However it is a part of keyboard i'm used to having, and it "looks" more natural in my opinion.

Would like some advice and some personal storys of people that have been in the same stage of picking what to do. I've read the previous comments and other websites about this same issue, wassen't really convinced yet tho' and mostly it diden't really relate towards my own state.

Thanks in advance!
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
April 25 2011 20:55 GMT
#371
On April 26 2011 05:51 Qwix wrote:
Decided i'd like to buy a mechanical keyboard myself (currently using a UltraX). After holding down certain factors I nailed my decision down to 1 keyboard, the Filco Majestouch with Brown switches. However my ownly question thus far is where does peoples preference lay here with the 104 or tenkeyless version. The tenkeyless would give me more mousespace and for the games i'm currently playing the numpad is not used at all. However it is a part of keyboard i'm used to having, and it "looks" more natural in my opinion.

Would like some advice and some personal storys of people that have been in the same stage of picking what to do. I've read the previous comments and other websites about this same issue, wassen't really convinced yet tho' and mostly it diden't really relate towards my own state.

Thanks in advance!

Buy tenkeyless, then if you really want a numpad by one separately. You'll also be able to put the numpad on the left side of the keyboard as well so your hands will still be closer together.
Clicker
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1012 Posts
April 25 2011 21:04 GMT
#372
Had my eyes on Cherry Browns forever, but finally just went ahead an picked up Das model s ultimate (cherry blues). Should arrive Weds, pretty pumped.

Namenlos
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany96 Posts
April 25 2011 21:50 GMT
#373
On April 21 2011 14:19 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Razer BW has a bit of a problem with 1a2a3a sometimes not being properly recognized because of poor nkrollover (ie 1a2a3a will leave you with 1a23a, thus group 2 doing nothing), at least in my experience. Im still using it right now tho, because other than that I like it.


Its an USB problem, basically ps2 reports key xy pressed and key xy released, USB just sends the pressed keys (6 + shift/alt/ctrl). If (2)a3(a) is in one cycle it will be recognized as 3a. It could also be a problem with the scanning rate of the key matrix or the anti bouncing, but i doubt that.

iirc this will happen with all USB keyboard unless they up the polling rate (8ms is normal, 1ms is max), but im not sure if the keyboard would be recognized correctly in the bios afterwards.
ZeRoMist
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada16 Posts
April 25 2011 22:51 GMT
#374
get Das keyboard its pretty amazing and will live through anything
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
April 25 2011 23:23 GMT
#375
Do the Das Ultimate keyboards have the F and J keys marked with the little bumps. I realize they don't have the keys marked with the letters/numbers, but it seems pretty silly to not have the bumps that I rely on.
Wrongspeedy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1655 Posts
April 25 2011 23:30 GMT
#376
On April 26 2011 08:23 Sprungjeezy wrote:
Do the Das Ultimate keyboards have the F and J keys marked with the little bumps. I realize they don't have the keys marked with the letters/numbers, but it seems pretty silly to not have the bumps that I rely on.


Mine is marked with the lines (and text). I'm almost positive the ones with blank keys would have the lines as well.
It is better to be a human dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.- John Stuart Mill
Hawk2
Profile Joined August 2010
United States229 Posts
April 25 2011 23:44 GMT
#377
vileHawk here, My recommendation is the Zowie Celeritas, it's an amazing keyboard, that's not well known, about the same price as other mech keyboards but has a way higher degree of quality.

It has no macros, lighted keys or any of that BS but some of the fastest response times ever, and amazing usage for SC2.
YarNhoj
Profile Joined November 2010
United States69 Posts
April 26 2011 02:00 GMT
#378
I'm a huge fan of my choc mini. Mainly because the Function keys are closer to the number keys. It makes them easier to hit for using the camera hotkeys.

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:13825
"Wait...wait...don't start another game yet...I need a beer"
After7days
Profile Joined December 2009
Denmark52 Posts
April 26 2011 02:21 GMT
#379
On April 26 2011 08:44 Hawk2 wrote:
vileHawk here, My recommendation is the Zowie Celeritas, it's an amazing keyboard, that's not well known, about the same price as other mech keyboards but has a way higher degree of quality.

It has no macros, lighted keys or any of that BS but some of the fastest response times ever, and amazing usage for SC2.


Very True
BobGayman
Profile Joined April 2011
89 Posts
April 26 2011 02:57 GMT
#380
On April 26 2011 08:23 Sprungjeezy wrote:
Do the Das Ultimate keyboards have the F and J keys marked with the little bumps. I realize they don't have the keys marked with the letters/numbers, but it seems pretty silly to not have the bumps that I rely on.


Yes, they do.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft387
RuFF_SC2 150
Nina 112
-ZergGirl 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2256
Bale 20
yabsab 13
Terrorterran 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 373
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Other Games
summit1g7715
JimRising 694
Day[9].tv503
C9.Mang0335
WinterStarcraft288
ViBE185
Maynarde143
Livibee135
Sick130
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick978
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv503
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 41m
Stellar Fest
9h 41m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.