• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:46
CEST 17:46
KST 00:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10475 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 17

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 54 Next
Tablespoon
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway223 Posts
April 03 2011 11:36 GMT
#321
I ordered a blue switch Filco Tenkeyless from Keyboardco earlier this week. it is for some reason currently being withheld by customs here in Norway, but hopefully they get it resolved and I get it sometime next week. Pretty stoked.
Wrongspeedy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1655 Posts
April 03 2011 11:49 GMT
#322
On April 03 2011 20:36 Tablespoon wrote:
I ordered a blue switch Filco Tenkeyless from Keyboardco earlier this week. it is for some reason currently being withheld by customs here in Norway, but hopefully they get it resolved and I get it sometime next week. Pretty stoked.


Being held and found guilty of being too 1337.
It is better to be a human dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.- John Stuart Mill
Talho
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium592 Posts
April 08 2011 08:02 GMT
#323
On April 03 2011 20:49 Wrongspeedy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2011 20:36 Tablespoon wrote:
I ordered a blue switch Filco Tenkeyless from Keyboardco earlier this week. it is for some reason currently being withheld by customs here in Norway, but hopefully they get it resolved and I get it sometime next week. Pretty stoked.


Being held and found guilty of being too 1337.


I ordered a filco with key puller, wasd + esc key.

the price was exactly 133.7£ xD
Zeyro
Profile Joined January 2010
Germany16 Posts
April 08 2011 08:25 GMT
#324
iam actually using a razer blackwidow ultimate. i just can recommend that keyboard, has a fantastich feeling playing on it
enigamI
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada385 Posts
April 08 2011 08:56 GMT
#325
I am also using a razer black widow ultimate, orderd about a week ago. First mechanical keyboard for me, I absolutely love it. The reason i got an ultimate instead of the more reasonably priced black widow is because i need the usb and audio ports as i switch between headphone/mic and speakers often. I love the backlight because i often play in the dark.

Only con for me so far: the keys are very glossy and will show finger prints quickly. However, if you wipe it down every once in a while so far it looks brand new
Oproer
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands108 Posts
April 08 2011 10:51 GMT
#326
I use a Noppoo Choc Mini with Cherry MX Browns.

It's a pretty nice compact keyboard. Great to type on once you get used to it. Filcos are also very nice, but I'm, waiting until the ones with Reds are a bit better available..
Mostly Harmless
Fharoc
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada32 Posts
April 16 2011 16:54 GMT
#327
Just ordered a Filco tenkeyless with Cherry MX reds!

!! very excited. I spent a long time looking at the various switches.

MX Cherry Switches:
Red: 45g/linear
Black: 60g/linear
Blue: 50g/ tactile+audible click
Brown: 45g/tactile (ergonomic)
clear: 55g/tactile

Two very helpful links: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=START HERE -- The Geekhack Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Includes Glossary and Links#Cherry MX

For Cherry Switches: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Cherry switches and boards
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-16 18:16:17
April 16 2011 18:10 GMT
#328
On April 03 2011 20:36 Tablespoon wrote:
I ordered a blue switch Filco Tenkeyless from Keyboardco earlier this week. it is for some reason currently being withheld by customs here in Norway, but hopefully they get it resolved and I get it sometime next week. Pretty stoked.

Why blue switches? Want to replace my old Saitek Eclipse 2 in the near future and i'm not sure which switches i shall take. Beside the fact of hard you need to press the different keys how important is that clicky sound or is this just annoying and should one prefer linear switches without this

//nvm: found a nice post bout this: http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html#post6009482
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
OmyVi
Profile Joined February 2011
United States137 Posts
April 16 2011 18:57 GMT
#329
I would recommend the regular blackwidow if you live alone (pretty loud, but extremely satisfying to type on once your used to it)

Although, i havnt tried other mechanical keyboards so my recommendation is a bit biased =\
| IdrA | DRG | Ret |
Tablespoon
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway223 Posts
April 16 2011 19:03 GMT
#330
On April 17 2011 03:10 dezi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2011 20:36 Tablespoon wrote:
I ordered a blue switch Filco Tenkeyless from Keyboardco earlier this week. it is for some reason currently being withheld by customs here in Norway, but hopefully they get it resolved and I get it sometime next week. Pretty stoked.

Why blue switches? Want to replace my old Saitek Eclipse 2 in the near future and i'm not sure which switches i shall take. Beside the fact of hard you need to press the different keys how important is that clicky sound or is this just annoying and should one prefer linear switches without this

//nvm: found a nice post bout this: http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html#post6009482

I dont really know why i picked blues. Tried a blackwidow in a store, and it seemed nice, so I just decided to pull the trigger. So far I really like it. I really like the clicky sound, but this is entirely personal opinion. I want to try out Browns and Black/Reds sometime in the future though.
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
April 16 2011 19:33 GMT
#331
Seems i need to go to a store to test some myself. Mionix Zibal 60 looks interesting. Has illumination and i hate macro keys that are on the left side of the keyboard (like on the Blackwidow - i often press such keys by accident). So i need an illuminated keyboard with a classic cherry 104 design and maybe some added multimedia keys (above the num keys).
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
Yung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States727 Posts
April 16 2011 19:38 GMT
#332
Are there any keyboards with Mx Clear switches?
rbkl
Profile Joined March 2010
772 Posts
April 16 2011 19:56 GMT
#333
On April 17 2011 04:38 XKiller wrote:
Are there any keyboards with Mx Clear switches?


Havent seen any consumer ones in a long time
www.check6gaming.com // www.iugaming.com ** Indiana's Premier Gaming / Starcraft Community **
Tablespoon
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway223 Posts
April 16 2011 22:34 GMT
#334
On April 17 2011 04:38 XKiller wrote:
Are there any keyboards with Mx Clear switches?

If you can live with the fucking ugly font on the keys, Deck keyboards makes some boards with Clears, and you can probably find some cherry boards on ebay as well.
Yung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States727 Posts
April 16 2011 22:51 GMT
#335
On April 17 2011 07:34 Tablespoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2011 04:38 XKiller wrote:
Are there any keyboards with Mx Clear switches?

If you can live with the fucking ugly font on the keys, Deck keyboards makes some boards with Clears, and you can probably find some cherry boards on ebay as well.

Cool i might get one when i get more money.
kidleader
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Korea (South)233 Posts
April 16 2011 23:23 GMT
#336
On April 02 2011 18:35 mczbot wrote:
i just got myself a cherry g80-3000 for 52€
fair price, nothing fancy, but it does the deal


I have a 7g but I am back to my Cherry 3000. I wouldn't use it for FPS but for SC2/general use, my hands feel far less tired.
Tokyo Seoul London New York \\ SlayerS, KT
Imperative
Profile Joined January 2011
Singapore22 Posts
April 17 2011 14:59 GMT
#337
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol
Automata
Profile Joined March 2011
393 Posts
April 17 2011 15:28 GMT
#338
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.
Brbocop
Profile Joined April 2011
4 Posts
April 17 2011 15:40 GMT
#339
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 25 2011 08:20 Noorgrin wrote:
bought a used "Das Keyboard II" (Cherry MX blues) for 20€ from a colleague of mine.

just cleaned it, works great :D

[image loading]
[image loading]

nice pad bro. god haven't seen anyone with a DKT pad in forever (i still use mine kinda). 1.6 player ^^?

as for keyboards, i have a filco majestouch (black switches) i love it personally. Its based on preference I don't like any flashy lights or that crap personally, however, if thats your thing then razer is the way to go. The problem with going for non-filcos is lack of switch variety usually.

another thing i love about mech keyboards is: basically the key caps feel so nice its ridiculous. they have this smooth/glossy feel (similar to some smart phone cases) its basically a sleek polycarbonate.

lastly, buying keyremovers are useless, assuming you have fishing line around the house, you can make your own "key remover" which works EXACTLY the same but saves you $5.
Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
April 17 2011 17:28 GMT
#340
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech161
Codebar 34
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1146
Mini 921
Soma 631
actioN 512
ggaemo 389
Rush 372
Light 357
Larva 287
Stork 269
Horang2 255
[ Show more ]
BeSt 243
Snow 206
hero 183
Barracks 146
Killer 115
firebathero 102
Aegong 92
Shine 92
Dewaltoss 90
Sea.KH 75
Zeus 72
Shinee 45
Sexy 43
Sharp 36
soO 36
JYJ 35
sorry 30
ToSsGirL 28
Liquid`Ret 28
Bale 22
zelot 19
Trap 17
Rock 14
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7933
qojqva1971
Dendi841
420jenkins172
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1745
fl0m1066
Fnx 754
edward61
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5291
Other Games
singsing1550
B2W.Neo879
byalli519
Khaldor492
Lowko365
Mlord293
DeMusliM208
Liquid`VortiX186
KnowMe140
ArmadaUGS122
ceh990
Trikslyr43
BRAT_OK 26
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV226
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream184
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH191
• StrangeGG 69
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV418
League of Legends
• Nemesis2691
• Jankos1795
• TFBlade693
Other Games
• Shiphtur156
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 14m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 14m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.