• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:51
CEST 00:51
KST 07:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6764 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 16

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 54 Next
Touch
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada475 Posts
March 22 2011 15:21 GMT
#301
On March 22 2011 02:02 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 01:58 Touch wrote:
Be a man, get a Filco, plenty of websites that sell them.

As for Razers...I bought a non mechanical keyboard from them, I put my foot through it after it kept freezing up/keys stopped working mid game.


Lycosa maybe? I'm considering a new keyboard, and contemplating ways to destroy my Lycosa when I get a new one.
You'll enjoy it, trust me.
Sieg
hassook
Profile Joined November 2010
United Arab Emirates16 Posts
March 24 2011 08:15 GMT
#302
On March 23 2011 00:21 Touch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2011 02:02 JingleHell wrote:
On March 22 2011 01:58 Touch wrote:
Be a man, get a Filco, plenty of websites that sell them.

As for Razers...I bought a non mechanical keyboard from them, I put my foot through it after it kept freezing up/keys stopped working mid game.


Lycosa maybe? I'm considering a new keyboard, and contemplating ways to destroy my Lycosa when I get a new one.
You'll enjoy it, trust me.



I have Lycosa and pretty damn i have the same problem where some of the keys just stop working mid game (Shift key stops = your dead)

iam seriously thinking of buying the black widow ultimate mechanical keyboared as i heard alot of positive reviews over the net, check toms hardware and/or just google (best key boards).
Talho
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium592 Posts
March 25 2011 13:20 GMT
#303
Looking for suggestion, luckily I read this topic first and found out that the 6Gv2 and the black cherrys probably wouldnt be good for me. I think I'll like the blue cherry more.

I'm looking for a keyboard around 80-100€, I could only find the blackwidow in that price range. I'd probably like the DAS keyboard the most, but its 120€ in europe while its 130$(90€) in USA .
Anything higher is just out of my reach, I dont care about any other options like macro keys, usb hubs.

DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
March 25 2011 13:34 GMT
#304
On March 25 2011 22:20 Talho wrote:
Looking for suggestion, luckily I read this topic first and found out that the 6Gv2 and the black cherrys probably wouldnt be good for me. I think I'll like the blue cherry more.

I'm looking for a keyboard around 80-100€, I could only find the blackwidow in that price range. I'd probably like the DAS keyboard the most, but its 120€ in europe while its 130$(90€) in USA .
Anything higher is just out of my reach, I dont care about any other options like macro keys, usb hubs.


Keyboardco sells filcos of all switch types for around 90-100€.
Talho
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium592 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 13:50:05
March 25 2011 13:48 GMT
#305
On March 25 2011 22:34 DystopiaX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 22:20 Talho wrote:
Looking for suggestion, luckily I read this topic first and found out that the 6Gv2 and the black cherrys probably wouldnt be good for me. I think I'll like the blue cherry more.

I'm looking for a keyboard around 80-100€, I could only find the blackwidow in that price range. I'd probably like the DAS keyboard the most, but its 120€ in europe while its 130$(90€) in USA .
Anything higher is just out of my reach, I dont care about any other options like macro keys, usb hubs.


Keyboardco sells filcos of all switch types for around 90-100€.



they're 120-130€ actually, just out of my league (+15€ shipping)
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 14:18:05
March 25 2011 14:17 GMT
#306
Das has a 20% off student discount thing. You can try contacting them to see if you're eligible.
UisTehSux
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States693 Posts
March 25 2011 14:24 GMT
#307
I highly recommend a Das Keyboard. Using one now, and every other keyboard just feels like mushy, gaudy, plastic trash.

-Happy owner of a Das Keyboard Ultimate. ]]]
I underestimated that boy. No... it was not the boy I underestimated, it was the Triforce of Courage.
Talho
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium592 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 15:02:49
March 25 2011 14:29 GMT
#308
On March 25 2011 23:17 djcube wrote:
Das has a 20% off student discount thing. You can try contacting them to see if you're eligible.



I am, but they dont ship to Europe, only getDigital.de has them. Maybe I'll send a mail to them to ask them


edit : Ive send a mail and they dont give student discounts.
its sad that its hard to get a decent mechanical keyboard in europe unless you wanne pay an extra 40-50€.

Ive looked up the the most, cheapest looked the leopold one (99$), untill I saw the shipping costs of 50$.
TooN
Profile Joined February 2011
1046 Posts
April 02 2011 09:11 GMT
#309
has anyone experience anything from XArmor U9? I am looking at it and was wondering if anyone has any news about it.
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
April 02 2011 09:33 GMT
#310
Are mechanical keyboards good for playing BW? Thinking about getting a new keyboard since I've had this cheap $5 Microsoft keyboard for about a while lol
Writerptrk
mczbot
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany70 Posts
April 02 2011 09:35 GMT
#311
i just got myself a cherry g80-3000 for 52€
fair price, nothing fancy, but it does the deal
kAra
Profile Joined September 2004
Germany1462 Posts
April 02 2011 09:43 GMT
#312
On April 02 2011 18:35 mczbot wrote:
i just got myself a cherry g80-3000 for 52€
fair price, nothing fancy, but it does the deal


thats the way to go! got one myself
mada mada dane
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
April 02 2011 11:06 GMT
#313
On April 02 2011 18:33 ArvickHero wrote:
Are mechanical keyboards good for playing BW? Thinking about getting a new keyboard since I've had this cheap $5 Microsoft keyboard for about a while lol

If it's mainly going to be for BW and you don't really have any issues with your current keyboard, then it's not worth buying a new one. My $10 membrane keyboard handles BW pretty much the same as my $100 das mechanical.

If you spend a lot of time on the computer, though, and want a keyboard that feels nice and sounds nice (depends on switch type), then it may be something to look into. If you do decide to get one, it's worth spending time reading up on the different switch types and capabilities; not all mechanical keyboards are the same.
LordLuo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States37 Posts
April 02 2011 23:45 GMT
#314
Ordered the new Leopold off of EK a week or two ago, anyone have any news on the shipping that was supposed to happen at the end of March?
how2TL
Profile Joined August 2010
1197 Posts
April 03 2011 05:15 GMT
#315
On April 03 2011 08:45 LordLuo wrote:
Ordered the new Leopold off of EK a week or two ago, anyone have any news on the shipping that was supposed to happen at the end of March?


People have started receiving them. Check OCN for a thread about it.
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
April 03 2011 05:49 GMT
#316
On April 02 2011 18:33 ArvickHero wrote:
Are mechanical keyboards good for playing BW? Thinking about getting a new keyboard since I've had this cheap $5 Microsoft keyboard for about a while lol


they're good for everything...

I have seen exactly one person say they like rubber domes better. There are a few who agree mechanical keyboards are better but not worth the money, which is valid. If you spend alot of time on computers I wouldn't think spending ~$100 for peripherals to be very expensive, especially when they tend to last a decade.
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
April 03 2011 06:50 GMT
#317
On April 03 2011 14:49 vicariouscheese wrote:
they're good for everything...

I have seen exactly one person say they like rubber domes better. There are a few who agree mechanical keyboards are better but not worth the money, which is valid. If you spend alot of time on computers I wouldn't think spending ~$100 for peripherals to be very expensive, especially when they tend to last a decade.

I wouldn't say they're all good for everything. I actually ran into 1a2a3a issues on my 6Gv2 playing BW where not all of the keystrokes would register if I pressed them too quickly and Jinro said he had similar issues with the BlackWidow, but on SC2. Although, it's entirely possible we weren't actuating the keys or happened to receive faulty products. I'm surprised I ran into that issue on the 6Gv2, though, because it has 6KRO/NKRO. However, the das keyboard I'm using doesn't have any issues registering keystrokes.

For people who have tried brown, black, and red switches, how do they compare in feel? I really like the way the black switches feel, but I'm curious if the only similarity between the feel of blacks and reds is that they're both linear without the tactile bump. So do reds feel more like browns than, with their similar actuation force?
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
April 03 2011 06:56 GMT
#318
On April 03 2011 14:15 how2TL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2011 08:45 LordLuo wrote:
Ordered the new Leopold off of EK a week or two ago, anyone have any news on the shipping that was supposed to happen at the end of March?


People have started receiving them. Check OCN for a thread about it.

Apparently you will receive yours in the first batch, someone on geekhack said that they emailed their sales support and they said that if they had run out, they'd stop accepting preorders. Since they're still working through preorders, I'm guessing you'll get yours mid to end of April.
zyce
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States649 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-03 07:49:43
April 03 2011 07:46 GMT
#319
I always recommend Filco, I like it more than the Celeritas. It's heavy and crafted well, and they're finally available on Amazon (have been out of stock forever, just got mine).

I had a Lycosa before the Celeritas, and hated it. The keys would randomly stop working, or the media keys would start going off by themselves (immediately after I bought it, too). I liked the low profile but it seemed to be an extremely cheap construction.
Beauty is not the goal of competitive sports, but high-level sports are a prime venue for the expression of human beauty. The relation is roughly that of courage to war.
Thezzy
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2117 Posts
April 03 2011 09:10 GMT
#320
I have a Black Widow now and it feels great so far.
The macro keys on the left only take a little getting used to, nothing more.
The tactile and audible feedback is great for SC2, I don't play a lot of FPS (TF2 doesn't really count) so the Black Widow is fine for me.

I do admit I like a little bit of shine which is why I didn't go for the 6Gv2.
For my first mechanical keyboard, it is made of win so far.
Playing Terran is like flying down a MULE drop in a marine suit, firing a Gauss Rifle
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 420
White-Ra 143
910 45
NaDa 39
Dota 2
monkeys_forever279
NeuroSwarm141
Super Smash Bros
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8857
Liquid`Hasu1735
Trikslyr85
Other Games
summit1g8474
Liquid`RaSZi3176
shahzam551
JimRising 322
B2W.Neo175
C9.Mang0157
ArmadaUGS93
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
Other Games
BasetradeTV244
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1088
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur185
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 9m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.