• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:45
CEST 17:45
KST 00:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10470 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 18

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 54 Next
ffdestiny
Profile Joined September 2010
United States773 Posts
April 17 2011 17:55 GMT
#341
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.


I love the soft and inexpensive feel of just a regular keyboard--it's quiet too. Never have broke one either in the decades of use, and if one does break it's cheap as chips to replace. I think the whole market for mechanical keyboards is a scam to be honest.
Automata
Profile Joined March 2011
393 Posts
April 17 2011 17:59 GMT
#342
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.


I've been using my current logitech media keyboard since 2003 basically thing is as sturdy as anything I've used but I want to get a new keyboard soon. I can get the BW for $60+tax (price matched locally), think that's a good deal? How durable is the BW?
BobGayman
Profile Joined April 2011
89 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-17 17:59:56
April 17 2011 17:59 GMT
#343
On April 18 2011 02:55 ffdestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.


I love the soft and inexpensive feel of just a regular keyboard--it's quiet too. Never have broke one either in the decades of use, and if one does break it's cheap as chips to replace. I think the whole market for mechanical keyboards is a scam to be honest.



And you obviously know what you're talking about.
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
April 17 2011 18:01 GMT
#344
On April 18 2011 02:55 ffdestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.


I love the soft and inexpensive feel of just a regular keyboard--it's quiet too. Never have broke one either in the decades of use, and if one does break it's cheap as chips to replace. I think the whole market for mechanical keyboards is a scam to be honest.


Some people prefer Domes versus Mech keyboard, but i mean i prefer Mech keyboards and especially the cherry blues due to the fact that you have that crazy tactile feedback and that nice sharp sound everytime you type something.
Dont say something is a scam just cause you dont like it, but yeah its just opinion.

Oh BTW there are mechanical rubber domes called Topre switches, and they are basically a combination of a rubber dome and a spring inside, go check them out on elitekeyboards, but they are like ridiculously expensive, like about 250+ dollars
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
April 17 2011 18:04 GMT
#345
On April 18 2011 02:59 Automata wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.


I've been using my current logitech media keyboard since 2003 basically thing is as sturdy as anything I've used but I want to get a new keyboard soon. I can get the BW for $60+tax (price matched locally), think that's a good deal? How durable is the BW?


Quite durrable, just dont do funky things with it thats my suggestion, like probably shaking the crap out of it like i did. the cool thing is that the keys are so tight together liquid doesnt go through the cracks which is pretty cool. Anyways, 60 bucks for a nice mech keyboard with lasered keys and a bit more of functions is quite nice, go ahead and grab one. if you dont like it, return it, places like amazon have a free refund policy if it breaks or anything or you dont like it, so go ahead and try one.
ffdestiny
Profile Joined September 2010
United States773 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-17 18:12:35
April 17 2011 18:11 GMT
#346
On April 18 2011 02:59 BobGayman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 02:55 ffdestiny wrote:
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.


I love the soft and inexpensive feel of just a regular keyboard--it's quiet too. Never have broke one either in the decades of use, and if one does break it's cheap as chips to replace. I think the whole market for mechanical keyboards is a scam to be honest.



And you obviously know what you're talking about.


Well, I have used keyboards of any type, since I was just a kid. But I think you're just trying to be flippant, which is fine. Justify why a mechanical keyboard needs to be $100 dollars when a regular soft domed keyboard is fine. Some of the additions to the mechanical keyboards are outright ridiculous--the "clicking" sound is both annoying, wakes up/bothers significant others, and you absolutely don't need tactile feedback if you're gaming, because you're applying full pressure to the keys. Also, USB doesn't do full NKRO, it does around 5 to 6 maximum and I don't think you want to go playing any game while holding down 5 to 6 keys simultaneously just for the effect of doing so.

The durability I can sort of stand, but like I said, I don't see the point when a regular soft-domed keyboard is going to last, until your next purchase--the advantage of having "millions of keystrokes" seems more like marketing lingo and less like reality. It's perfectly fine if you want to just spend money, but outside of that, I don't see the validity of the claims that it's better somehow. Mechanical keyboards are better for typists, not gamers, and not all typists.
Ownos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2147 Posts
April 17 2011 18:40 GMT
#347
It's obvious you just don't value or appreciate tactile and auditory feedback. That's fine. You don't "need" it as much as you don't "need" comfortable running shoes.
...deeper and deeper into the bowels of El Diablo
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
April 17 2011 19:15 GMT
#348
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 18 2011 03:11 ffdestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 02:59 BobGayman wrote:
On April 18 2011 02:55 ffdestiny wrote:
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.


I love the soft and inexpensive feel of just a regular keyboard--it's quiet too. Never have broke one either in the decades of use, and if one does break it's cheap as chips to replace. I think the whole market for mechanical keyboards is a scam to be honest.



And you obviously know what you're talking about.


Well, I have used keyboards of any type, since I was just a kid. But I think you're just trying to be flippant, which is fine. Justify why a mechanical keyboard needs to be $100 dollars when a regular soft domed keyboard is fine. Some of the additions to the mechanical keyboards are outright ridiculous--the "clicking" sound is both annoying, wakes up/bothers significant others, and you absolutely don't need tactile feedback if you're gaming, because you're applying full pressure to the keys. Also, USB doesn't do full NKRO, it does around 5 to 6 maximum and I don't think you want to go playing any game while holding down 5 to 6 keys simultaneously just for the effect of doing so.

The durability I can sort of stand, but like I said, I don't see the point when a regular soft-domed keyboard is going to last, until your next purchase--the advantage of having "millions of keystrokes" seems more like marketing lingo and less like reality. It's perfectly fine if you want to just spend money, but outside of that, I don't see the validity of the claims that it's better somehow. Mechanical keyboards are better for typists, not gamers, and not all typists.

For many people, regular rubber dome keyboards are just fine; however, fine is also very subjective. Obviously, if you find the "clicking" sound annoying, you wouldn't get a mechanical keyboard with loud switches. No one said you "need" tactile feedback for gaming. Again, it's just a preference if you like the feeling. For myself personally, I justify my purchase because I don't mind spending $100 on a piece of equipment that I physically interact with for several hours everyday. Yes, functionally I can get the same things done with a regular rubber dome keyboard, but I'd rather do it on something that I enjoy typing on. If you like the feel of regular dome keyboards, then all the power to you. Also, there are several mechanical keyboards that support full NKRO over USB.
TwoMagTrav
Profile Joined January 2011
United States195 Posts
April 17 2011 21:01 GMT
#349
If anyone is looking for a 6gv2 I have a brand new one in the box I will sell you for a deal. PM me. Bought as a spare to take to Columbus but now I won't be able to make Columbus unfortunately.
When I feed the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a socialist
goodfella
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany23 Posts
April 18 2011 04:57 GMT
#350
Those who are saying that mechanical keyboards are a waste of money should really try one out. I just tested the Zowie Celeritas, 6GV2 and Blackwidow and it's just awesome to play and type with it. For me it's not just a subjective preferences. It's DEFINITELY way more precise than any other rubber dome keyboard I used. I for example always had problems when quickly adding single units to my hotkey group due to the imprecise rubber domes, never happened while using a machanical keyboard.
I rather buy on mechanical for 100€ than spending 3 times 30€ on rubber domes I dont really enjoy.
Sreypech
Profile Joined March 2010
United States28 Posts
April 18 2011 05:16 GMT
#351
Unless you try a mechanical keyboard and use it for awhile it's going to be hard to fully understand how nice they can be. I picked up a daskeyboard after using the original G15, Razer Lachesis and a generic logitech media keyboard and I would never go back.

It feels effortless to type on mechanical switches; typing on anything else feels like I'm pressing against a brick wall.
Filter
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada620 Posts
April 18 2011 07:06 GMT
#352
I need help with the switches on these filco's, it doesn't list the colour. I'm looking for possibly red, but blue or brown would be better. Already have a mx blue blackwidow and mx black 6g but really want to try a filco out.

http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_search.asp?SG=10023

They just list the feel, not the colour of the switch.
Live hard, live free.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
April 18 2011 07:24 GMT
#353
On April 18 2011 16:06 Filter wrote:
I need help with the switches on these filco's, it doesn't list the colour. I'm looking for possibly red, but blue or brown would be better. Already have a mx blue blackwidow and mx black 6g but really want to try a filco out.

http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_search.asp?SG=10023

They just list the feel, not the colour of the switch.


click action = blue
tactile action = brown
linear action = black
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
zere
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1287 Posts
April 18 2011 07:26 GMT
#354
On April 18 2011 16:06 Filter wrote:
I need help with the switches on these filco's, it doesn't list the colour.
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_search.asp?SG=10023


The switch type is mentioned in the description text ... top one is Brown, middle one is Blue, third one is Black.
If you are looking for Red switches from Keyboardco, then look here
ModeratorWenn ich einmal traurig bin, dann trink' ich einen Korn. Wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann trink' ich noch 'nen Korn. Und wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann fang' ich an von vorn!
Arkhaz
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany89 Posts
April 18 2011 07:57 GMT
#355
My filco with blue switches will arrive today hopefully. This will be my first mechanical keyboard. Cant wait to come home from work and test this bad boy
IVXX
Profile Joined July 2010
United States71 Posts
April 18 2011 08:55 GMT
#356
i highly recommend the leopold full sized cherry red keyboards
www.justin.tv/hellahigh
Filter
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada620 Posts
April 21 2011 00:32 GMT
#357
I currently have a 6g which uses blacks and a blackwidow which uses blues. I like the blackwidow more but want to get a filco fairly badly, just for the sake of it honestly. Should I opt for browns, or wait out for blues? anybody with experience have a recommendation here.
Live hard, live free.
vindKtiv
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States215 Posts
April 21 2011 02:36 GMT
#358
On April 18 2011 03:01 LanTAs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 02:55 ffdestiny wrote:
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.


I love the soft and inexpensive feel of just a regular keyboard--it's quiet too. Never have broke one either in the decades of use, and if one does break it's cheap as chips to replace. I think the whole market for mechanical keyboards is a scam to be honest.


Some people prefer Domes versus Mech keyboard, but i mean i prefer Mech keyboards and especially the cherry blues due to the fact that you have that crazy tactile feedback and that nice sharp sound everytime you type something.
Dont say something is a scam just cause you dont like it, but yeah its just opinion.

Oh BTW there are mechanical rubber domes called Topre switches, and they are basically a combination of a rubber dome and a spring inside, go check them out on elitekeyboards, but they are like ridiculously expensive, like about 250+ dollars

Honestly, I have a Cherry Blue mech keyboard and I can say that "gaming" mech keyboards are as much of scam as "gaming" keyboards in general. The benefit in mech keyboards is that they take a lot less effort to press and use, but when you are playing StarCraft with adrenaline pumping, you will be bottoming out and you won't be noticing the tactile bump and you won't be noticing the audible feedback. Economically, if you play a lot of games, it makes a lot more sense to get a good rubber membrane keyboard and then replace it each time it goes bad.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love mech keyboards and I would recommend them to anyone who types a lot for their occupation (students and forum trolls being some of them). But when you have companies like Razer make a Cherry MX Blue keyboard for Dragon Age II (why in the world would you ever need that)? That's when you know the companies are trying to rip you off, and you would be justified in pulling out the "scam" word. You can MAYBE justify getting a mech keyboard for StarCraft II if you are a professional with a high APM, but just a layman gamer would absolutely have no use for a mech keyboard for StarCraft II, and I have no doubt that many gamers "enjoying" the benefits of a mech keyboard are really just enjoying a placebo effect.
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
April 21 2011 03:10 GMT
#359
On April 21 2011 11:36 vindKtiv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 03:01 LanTAs wrote:
On April 18 2011 02:55 ffdestiny wrote:
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.


I love the soft and inexpensive feel of just a regular keyboard--it's quiet too. Never have broke one either in the decades of use, and if one does break it's cheap as chips to replace. I think the whole market for mechanical keyboards is a scam to be honest.


Some people prefer Domes versus Mech keyboard, but i mean i prefer Mech keyboards and especially the cherry blues due to the fact that you have that crazy tactile feedback and that nice sharp sound everytime you type something.
Dont say something is a scam just cause you dont like it, but yeah its just opinion.

Oh BTW there are mechanical rubber domes called Topre switches, and they are basically a combination of a rubber dome and a spring inside, go check them out on elitekeyboards, but they are like ridiculously expensive, like about 250+ dollars

Honestly, I have a Cherry Blue mech keyboard and I can say that "gaming" mech keyboards are as much of scam as "gaming" keyboards in general. The benefit in mech keyboards is that they take a lot less effort to press and use, but when you are playing StarCraft with adrenaline pumping, you will be bottoming out and you won't be noticing the tactile bump and you won't be noticing the audible feedback. Economically, if you play a lot of games, it makes a lot more sense to get a good rubber membrane keyboard and then replace it each time it goes bad.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love mech keyboards and I would recommend them to anyone who types a lot for their occupation (students and forum trolls being some of them). But when you have companies like Razer make a Cherry MX Blue keyboard for Dragon Age II (why in the world would you ever need that)? That's when you know the companies are trying to rip you off, and you would be justified in pulling out the "scam" word. You can MAYBE justify getting a mech keyboard for StarCraft II if you are a professional with a high APM, but just a layman gamer would absolutely have no use for a mech keyboard for StarCraft II, and I have no doubt that many gamers "enjoying" the benefits of a mech keyboard are really just enjoying a placebo effect.


Typing on blues in general is fun ^.^
i Broke my BlackWidow, probably gonna get cherry browns or maybe blues again but a leopold tenkeyless T.T razer build quality =(
but yeah, a lot of "Gaming" shit is a scam, the only good "gaming" products is the SS siberia V2 which has amazing comfort, and the MX518 is a good mouse, very comfortable. only reason why i buy gaming shit is cause sometimes the product is more comfortable than normal cheap keyboards or "ergonomic" things.
Noradrenaline
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia41 Posts
April 21 2011 04:40 GMT
#360
Apologies if its already been covered but a few searches turned up nothing; I am used to the large, spacious feel of my g15 v1, which I enjoy typing with but definately want to get a red or brown switch keyboard sometime in the near future; As far as i can identify most if not all mech keyboards look 'standard' which feels a bit cramped, are there any larger or more spaced out mechs available? What is my best bet for adjustment?
I am Legion, for We are Many
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech161
Codebar 34
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1146
Mini 921
Soma 631
actioN 512
ggaemo 389
Rush 372
Light 357
Larva 287
Stork 269
Horang2 255
[ Show more ]
BeSt 243
Snow 206
hero 183
Barracks 146
Killer 115
firebathero 102
Aegong 92
Shine 92
Dewaltoss 90
Sea.KH 75
Zeus 72
Shinee 45
Sexy 43
Sharp 36
soO 36
JYJ 35
sorry 30
ToSsGirL 28
Liquid`Ret 28
Bale 22
zelot 19
Trap 17
Rock 14
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7933
qojqva1971
Dendi841
420jenkins172
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1745
fl0m1066
Fnx 754
edward61
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5291
Other Games
singsing1550
B2W.Neo879
byalli519
Khaldor492
Lowko365
Mlord293
DeMusliM208
Liquid`VortiX186
KnowMe140
ArmadaUGS122
ceh990
Trikslyr43
BRAT_OK 26
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV226
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream184
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH191
• StrangeGG 69
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV418
League of Legends
• Nemesis2691
• Jankos1795
• TFBlade693
Other Games
• Shiphtur156
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 15m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 15m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.