• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:34
CEST 19:34
KST 02:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7185 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 14

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 54 Next
Noorgrin
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 07:10:34
March 15 2011 07:09 GMT
#261
looking at the diagrams i would say that blues and browns are almost the same tbh. browns are just less "clicky" ... so that discussion is kinda senseless imo.
i'm using a dasKeyboard II atm with blues, but recently ordered a Filco with browns.
So i can tell you exactly what difference i feel than

Q(-_-Q)
zivac
Profile Joined October 2010
Croatia389 Posts
March 15 2011 10:28 GMT
#262
On March 15 2011 12:56 Salash wrote:
[image loading]

Noppoo Choc Mini

This is probably the best keyboard for Starcraft IMO. Blue switches of course. Even has the option to set the caps lock key to L-Ctrl with the switch lock key.


nice keyboard, I can't wait to get my filco brown, hopefully it will arive by end of the week
Rawrsi
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia55 Posts
March 15 2011 10:40 GMT
#263
Switched from a Logitech G19(Yes I know. Terrible) To a Filco Majestouch(brown) and whenever I use another keyboard I sorta feel like I am dying on the inside. So frustrating.

Does anyone else suffer this since switching to mechanical from membrane?
Noorgrin
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany116 Posts
March 15 2011 10:47 GMT
#264
On March 15 2011 19:40 Rawrsi wrote:
Switched from a Logitech G19(Yes I know. Terrible) To a Filco Majestouch(brown) and whenever I use another keyboard I sorta feel like I am dying on the inside. So frustrating.

Does anyone else suffer this since switching to mechanical from membrane?


had a G15, and i feel exactly the same
Q(-_-Q)
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
March 15 2011 11:00 GMT
#265
On March 15 2011 19:40 Rawrsi wrote:
Switched from a Logitech G19(Yes I know. Terrible) To a Filco Majestouch(brown) and whenever I use another keyboard I sorta feel like I am dying on the inside. So frustrating.

Does anyone else suffer this since switching to mechanical from membrane?


Once you type on a mechanical keyboard and get accustomed to it, it's very difficult to go back to a membrane keyboard. There is a lack of response in pressing the keys as well as it being a lot harder to get the keys to register once you get used to the lighter actuation.

Since using my Filco, I've been able to increase my WPM around 10-15 words. I tried going back to a membrane keyboard just to feel the difference; I couldn't stand typing on the board for more than 15 seconds. I immediately wished I had the Filco back under my fingers.
Noorgrin
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 14:03:59
March 15 2011 14:03 GMT
#266
i ordered a ZOWIE Celeritas (with browns) now, cause the Filco Majestouch (no tenkeyless) is not shipping before May...
+ the ZOWIE is 40€ cheaper on amazon and they ship it immediatelly.
Q(-_-Q)
LorD_AreS
Profile Joined April 2007
Canada208 Posts
March 15 2011 14:19 GMT
#267
My friend just received is Black widow cherry MX blue's mechanical keyboard. I gotta say wow it's fun typing on that I did find it a little weird / hard to play SC2 at first not because of the keys or the mechanical part. But because of the layout, I think the keys are a little off to one side by like a 1 cm and the macro keys on the side makes me think my hand is not well placed. But a few games and I'll get used to it.
I just orderd a Steelseries 6GV2 for me. Should receive it this week. Can't wait to test out that one.
krazymunky
Profile Joined June 2008
United States727 Posts
March 15 2011 14:45 GMT
#268
On March 15 2011 19:40 Rawrsi wrote:
Switched from a Logitech G19(Yes I know. Terrible) To a Filco Majestouch(brown) and whenever I use another keyboard I sorta feel like I am dying on the inside. So frustrating.

Does anyone else suffer this since switching to mechanical from membrane?


No....because I have 3of them now lol. Don't go to geekhack...you're wallet will hate you
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
March 15 2011 15:08 GMT
#269
On March 15 2011 23:45 krazymunky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2011 19:40 Rawrsi wrote:
Switched from a Logitech G19(Yes I know. Terrible) To a Filco Majestouch(brown) and whenever I use another keyboard I sorta feel like I am dying on the inside. So frustrating.

Does anyone else suffer this since switching to mechanical from membrane?


No....because I have 3of them now lol. Don't go to geekhack...you're wallet will hate you

Same with headfi, but with headphones lol. Waiting for the leopolds to come in, don't feel like preordering. Actually might go with filcos, on amazon they come out about the same cause I don't have to pay shipping on amazon but do for the leopolds.
krazymunky
Profile Joined June 2008
United States727 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 17:33:46
March 15 2011 17:33 GMT
#270
On March 16 2011 00:08 DystopiaX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2011 23:45 krazymunky wrote:
On March 15 2011 19:40 Rawrsi wrote:
Switched from a Logitech G19(Yes I know. Terrible) To a Filco Majestouch(brown) and whenever I use another keyboard I sorta feel like I am dying on the inside. So frustrating.

Does anyone else suffer this since switching to mechanical from membrane?


No....because I have 3of them now lol. Don't go to geekhack...you're wallet will hate you

Same with headfi, but with headphones lol. Waiting for the leopolds to come in, don't feel like preordering. Actually might go with filcos, on amazon they come out about the same cause I don't have to pay shipping on amazon but do for the leopolds.


Leopolds + shipping is still cheaper than Filcos from amazon with free shipping. but the $10-20 difference isnt that much. get a Filco now with one switch and then get a leopold (when they arrive) with a different switch :D
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
riff
Profile Joined December 2010
United States113 Posts
March 17 2011 15:02 GMT
#271
On March 15 2011 19:40 Rawrsi wrote:
Switched from a Logitech G19(Yes I know. Terrible) To a Filco Majestouch(brown) and whenever I use another keyboard I sorta feel like I am dying on the inside. So frustrating.

Does anyone else suffer this since switching to mechanical from membrane?


Totally agree with you on that. Just switched from a Saitek Eclipse to a Filco Majestouch (brown) and I don't think I can ever go back. I've only had the Filco for a day now, but what a difference!
There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. -Mazer Rackham
F00LY
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States125 Posts
March 17 2011 15:08 GMT
#272
Anyone have a recommendation for a good mechanical keyboard that has backlit keys?
twitch.tv/F00LY
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
March 17 2011 15:17 GMT
#273
On March 18 2011 00:08 F00LY wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation for a good mechanical keyboard that has backlit keys?


razer blackwidow, xarmor u9bl, and deck i think are the only backlit mechanicals
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
March 17 2011 20:44 GMT
#274
On March 16 2011 02:33 krazymunky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 00:08 DystopiaX wrote:
On March 15 2011 23:45 krazymunky wrote:
On March 15 2011 19:40 Rawrsi wrote:
Switched from a Logitech G19(Yes I know. Terrible) To a Filco Majestouch(brown) and whenever I use another keyboard I sorta feel like I am dying on the inside. So frustrating.

Does anyone else suffer this since switching to mechanical from membrane?


No....because I have 3of them now lol. Don't go to geekhack...you're wallet will hate you

Same with headfi, but with headphones lol. Waiting for the leopolds to come in, don't feel like preordering. Actually might go with filcos, on amazon they come out about the same cause I don't have to pay shipping on amazon but do for the leopolds.


Leopolds + shipping is still cheaper than Filcos from amazon with free shipping. but the $10-20 difference isnt that much. get a Filco now with one switch and then get a leopold (when they arrive) with a different switch :D

Don't have that kind of money lol. Will just wait for the Leopolds to come in, see if there are any first impression horror stories, and then buy.
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
March 17 2011 21:04 GMT
#275
On March 15 2011 12:56 Salash wrote:
[image loading]

Noppoo Choc Mini

This is probably the best keyboard for Starcraft IMO. Blue switches of course. Even has the option to set the caps lock key to L-Ctrl with the switch lock key.


I really want this keyboard because of how close the F keys are to the numbers, but I can't find one with brown switches : (
absolutionsc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States146 Posts
March 17 2011 21:46 GMT
#276
On March 18 2011 00:08 F00LY wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation for a good mechanical keyboard that has backlit keys?

Just got the newer U9BL-S backlit with brown switches (currently the only one of its kind). I am enjoying it much more than my Filco...so far. I'll be posting up a review and comparison in the next few days, but I believe it is the best backlit mechanical available by far.
Goodseed
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)270 Posts
March 17 2011 21:50 GMT
#277
I finally ordered Leopold F300R Red Switches and I preordered it so its coming with no letter cap set.
I will probably upload a image of the keyboard once I get it in my hand.
안녕하소~
krazymunky
Profile Joined June 2008
United States727 Posts
March 18 2011 00:28 GMT
#278
On March 18 2011 06:04 Gentso wrote:
I really want this keyboard because of how close the F keys are to the numbers, but I can't find one with brown switches : (


http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=16106

someone selling from UK

and http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=16030 possible group buy.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
ReadySteady
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands34 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-18 00:58:32
March 18 2011 00:58 GMT
#279
On March 18 2011 06:50 Goodseed wrote:
I finally ordered Leopold F300R Red Switches and I preordered it so its coming with no letter cap set.
I will probably upload a image of the keyboard once I get it in my hand.



Nice! I heared a lot of positive feedback on the Cherry MX Reds. Im using Browns and I still like it but the Reds is even better they said so I am actually waiting for Noppoo Choc Mini in Reds or a keyboard with the same key layout as Noppoo
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
March 18 2011 23:40 GMT
#280
So I got my first mechanical keyboard today, a SteelSeries 6Gv2. Needless to say, I wish I had known about mechanical keyboards sooner. I initially impulse bought the 6Gv2 when I heard SS was having a 30% discount. I didn't know anything about switch types then, so I was apprehensive after learning that I purchased one with the most resistant keys. I won't lie, the key presses do feel heavier than any other keyboard I've used. It's kind of hard to describe; it's not difficult to have the keys register, but if you try to bottom them out, it feels like you're pressing through a layer of syrup.

I feel like this isn't the keyboard for people who rest their arm and wrist flush against the desk while they type because in that position, your fingers do all the work and bulk of that 60g of force kicks in. Otherwise, it's a fine keyboard. Miles better than a membrane keyboard, but not the most optimal choice for sc2 (if you're a relatively fast player) or if you regularly type non-stop for long periods of time.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM708
TKL 312
TaKeTV 261
IndyStarCraft 177
BRAT_OK 137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 708
TKL 312
IndyStarCraft 177
ProTech144
BRAT_OK 137
MaxPax 93
UpATreeSC 80
Rex 63
MindelVK 19
EmSc Tv 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 937
EffOrt 592
Mini 534
ggaemo 178
firebathero 167
Barracks 59
910 56
Hyun 48
Shine 42
Shinee 40
[ Show more ]
Killer 31
Bale 28
Sea.KH 25
ToSsGirL 20
Trap 19
soO 17
yabsab 11
White-Ra 11
Dota 2
qojqva4296
Counter-Strike
Fnx 707
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3840
crisheroes1455
Liquid`Hasu1090
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2670
singsing1494
B2W.Neo1016
ceh9588
Beastyqt480
ArmadaUGS173
C9.Mang0127
Dewaltoss94
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream459
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 11
EmSc2Tv 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2247
• TFBlade920
Other Games
• Shiphtur247
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 26m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.